Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Rune  (Read 6777 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Rune
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2018, 02:35:56 pm »

Having trouble on your side?
Have you read the Art of War?
Knowledge is key to winning, but I suppose it is nice to know that the enemy already is disregarding common sense...

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2018, 02:50:44 pm »

Quote from: McVoteyBox
Hint Token:
Iqua
Yes: (2) SC, Rockeater
No

Loji
Yes: (1) Madman
No: (1) TricMagic
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2018, 05:31:19 pm »

Quote from: McVoteyBox
Hint Token:
Iqua
Yes: (2) SC, Rockeater
No

Loji
Yes: (2) Madman, DGR
Heck yeah
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Talion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2018, 01:42:35 am »

Seems like we have Hint Tokens absent further votes.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2018, 07:48:20 pm »

This was it, The last straw... The mage slams his fist into the table. "IDIOTS, ALL OF YOU, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW MAGIC WORKS, YOU REFUSE TO WEAPONIZE SPELLS, AND YOU REPEAT YOUR MISTAKES OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!" "And you, Digger, are uncooperative, curse our ideas, and don't disclose your models for magic"  Another member of the council replied.  "WHAT! I'M THE BEST MAGE YOU HAVE!" "NOT ACCORDING TO THIS COUNCIL. NOW GO. AND NEVER RETURN" The mage huffs on his way out "bunch of idiots, I could do things better on my own anyway. Maybe I should do just that"
He goes to the labs, taking everything he can, "Idiots, Lets see what they think when I return, I will have vengeance for this."
After leaving, he journeys to the mountains, seeking ruins. One day, three months into his journey, he crests a peak and lays eyes on what he sought. "AHAHAHAHA, I FOUND IT, I FINALLY FOUND IT!!! ARCANIS, THE CITY OF THE OLD EXILES!! NOW IT SHALL ONCE AGAIN BE THE FORTRESS OF THOSE IN EXILE, AND THE FORGE OF MY RETRIBUTION!! in his laughter he trips OH CRAP OH CRAP AAAHHHh" He rapidly tumbles down the mountain towards the city, and blacks out shortly after reaching the bottom.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2018, 06:44:12 am »

So, hey, how about another hint token?

Quote from: Botevox
Hint token?

Iqua
Yes: (1) NUKE9.13
No:

Loji
Yes:
No:
Long Live United Forenia!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2018, 06:47:37 am »

Hint token?

Iqua
Yes: (2) NUKE9.13, Rockeater
No:

Loji
Yes:
No:
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2018, 10:45:08 am »

Hint token?

Iqua
No:

Loji
No:
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2018, 11:42:27 am »

Quote from: -otevox
Hint token?

Iqua
No:

Loji

Talion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2018, 02:18:35 pm »

Turn -1 Battle Phase

In the rolling hills that stand on a direct path between Loji and Iqua, the first scouts meet and exchange archery fire. Having traveled the fastest with the aid of a favourable wind, the crossbowmen of Loji arrived first setting up on advantageous ground. They do not wait long, as the archers of Iqua arrive lead by their golden-haired leader Lady Adiva Shrivastava.

Both sides took a moment to identify the equipment of their opposite numbers, compare flags and taunt their opposition.

Spoiler: Flags (click to show/hide)
I really like both flags so I am awarding both sides a Hint Token. There will be another flag contest to create a flag for the Star nation which will be more decisive.

The superior range of the Songbow immediately displayed its worth, allowing the Iqua to harass the Loji. The Loji in turn called forth their Voiceguard to obscure the battlefield, chanting in the language of magic, they conjure smoke to form into a spike shape that rushes forward before striking the ground and pooling into a small amount of smoke that does not easily dissipate in the wind. This smoke allows the Loji to sneak small forces of crossbowmen forward into range to return fire.

Limited numbers and low fire rate does not favour the Loji crossbowmen in these engagements. On the defense, the superior armour and pavise shields of the Loji help to equalise matters somewhat. It can’t stop every arrow however and it is here that the elite forces of the Iqua begin to show their power. For while the average Iqua arrow is nothing special, the forces led by the Lady Adiva fire arrows with tainted poisonous arrowheads. A single wound from such an arrow can cause a foe to bleed without relief. Forcing the afflicted to flee the battlefield and seek medical aid lest they run short of blood. That is however only half the arrows, for the other half cause a terrible fatigue that gradually exhausts those struck until they must be dragged comatose from the battlefield.

Meanwhile those crossbow bolts that do land reveal their sharp blue teeth for their heads of made of a blue substance stronger than iron. The simple padded armour of the Iquan archers proves little defense against it. Moreover they appear to have been more conventionally poisoned. This mundane poison is certainly demoralising, but the side effects are much less dramatic, largely consisting of rashes.

Overall it is the Loji that are forced to abandon the field first as their inability to effectively contest the archery of the Iqua leaves the Loji scouts with no choice but to pull back.

Known Equipment
Spoiler: Loji (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Iqua (click to show/hide)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2018, 10:18:07 am »

Quote from: Hint Token?
Iqua
Yes (-)
No (-)

Loji
Yes (1) TricMagic
No (-)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2018, 10:36:22 am »

Iqua
Yes (1) NUKE9.13
No (-)

Loji
Yes (1) TricMagic
No (-)
I mean, yeah, I'm pretty much always down for more hint tokens.
Long Live United Forenia!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2018, 10:51:20 am »

Iqua
Yes (2) NUKE9.13, Rockeater
No (-)

Loji
Yes (1) TricMagic
No (-)
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2018, 08:36:05 am »

Iqua
Yes (2) NUKE9.13, Rockeater
No (-)

Loji
Yes (2) TricMagic, Madman
No (-)

Talion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2018, 12:46:50 pm »

This hint token vote has succeeded.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6