Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Mall Fight: The Inferno - Chapter 0: Where There's Smoke  (Read 8846 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Mall Fight: The Inferno (0/6) - Chapter -1: A Chilly November Evening
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2018, 04:42:00 pm »

Name : Spy
Appearance : http://hbimg.b0.upaiyun.com/411b7d636f275f57a3090b7fd1701ae3febcc57e9dcb0-k7sJb1
Background : An unknown man born in an unknown region of France and residing in an unknown location with only one known connection outside of pure business. The Spy is a skilled assassin and... well, spy, and a force to be reckoned with. 
Skills : Assassination, espionage
Faults : Physically un-fit for direct confrontation, Get's overconfident
Inventory : Sharp Dresser(it is attached to the suit, thus it is part of my clothes, no?), enthusiasts timepiece(it is but a watch, however practical.)

So we've got two Johns, two video game characters, a weirdo and a dog. And here I was thinking this was going to be serious-ish.

Does a +2 to attack on turns AFTER turns where nobody attacked you sound good? Kind of like a surprise attack?
I'm also sadly going to saddle you with a -1 to defending in turns after you've been attacked once. If someone attacks you one time during a turn, you're okay, but if two or three people attack you during a turn, the second and third attacks against you will have you at a disadvantage.

Overconfidence could mean that 6s will lead to a negative modifier on your next action, if that's okay with you.

Plus hey, you get a +1 on Diplomacy.

And if anyone has any problems with the things I'm handing out, balance-wise, let me know! I'll gladly talk it over!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2018, 05:14:14 pm »

Yeah that all sounds right.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2018, 05:19:50 pm »

Name: Stan “Performance Artist” Demidoff
Appearance: Here, except no gun.
Background: Comes from the Spetsnaz special forces of course, his background as a painter artist into a dedicated marksman for the Spetsnaz has allowed his craft to be precise and mindful.
Skills: Is very much artistic in mind and with the right utensils can create beautiful art of all types of from physical to digital, and dedication to calisthenics has allowed his body physique to have all that red muscles packed in to to be swift and agile.
Faults: His body is quite lithe and his red muscles get in the way of those white muscles has made his arms flimsier and doesn’t strike as hard, and his artistic mind gets in the way of how he thinks and has difficulty with focusing on task when there is art in the room to be appreciated.
Inventory: Wearing hardy leather flecktarn special forces outerwear and fingerless gloves, he still brought his artistic tool set and smart phone with its computer graphic apps inside his clothing pockets. Wears wireless headphones that connect to his phone to play the best songs that define culture.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 06:01:57 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2018, 05:34:18 pm »

“I’m an artist, a performance artist”

Name: Shaddai “Performance Artist” Prejean
Appearance: It’s best you don’t ask, but the human is quite tall and muscular usually fully clothed in dark wear except the fingers because of the gloves, his heart beat is rather slow and his stare from his glasses are quite intimidating.
Background: Usually working his private computer graphic business he runs that freelancer for other digital business, stress of the business not meeting deadlines has led him to need a new hobby to relief stress.
Skills: History of steroids-abuse, calisthenics, and performing the Saitama Physical Regimen has led to great muscle mass for his physique. Has a artistic mind and work as a computer graphic artist means he’s great with technology
Faults: Is mentally unstable and has difficulty with handling long periods of stress. Suffers from torrent syndrome.
Inventory: Leather Jacket, Tuxedo (Underneath), Black Cap, Shaded Aviators, Black Bandana, Fingerless Gloves, Black Sneakers

I'm...not sure if I'm going to allow this one? Kind of a lot of stigma with him for very obvious reasons.

Also, I'd say it's best not to play as a genuine, real, person. Established characters are okay, if a bit of a stretch imo, but I'm going to say real people are off the table.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2018, 06:02:50 pm »

Revised I still kept the artistic theme, and the previous idea would still add great hilarity to the game even though yes it references ehh... questionable material, sure.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2018, 06:28:57 pm »

Revised I still kept the artistic theme, and the previous idea would still add great hilarity to the game even though yes it references ehh... questionable material, sure.

Gotta say, I'm actually REALLY happy that you changed it to this, because I love the idea of battle-hardened soldier who just

Can't fight because HOO BOY IS THAT AN ORIGINAL REMBRANDT

SORRY GUYS GOTTA TAKE A BREAK

But legit, how about a +1 to Aesthetic Creation, which will almost definitely come into play at some point, and a +1 to Non-Combat agility. Yknow, like climbing stuff, crawling in tight spaces, etc. Also, a -1 to melee attacks, and...

If there is some good art in the room ("Good Art" being subjective, perhaps), you can either take a -1 penalty to all combat actions until out of view of the art, or spend 2 turns to take the art to a safe space and admire it at your own pace.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying for Nakéen to stay this time (copium)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2018, 12:59:32 am »

So, we got enough players now right :? When is this going to start ?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2018, 06:31:55 am »

Background: Comes from the Spetsnaz special forces of course

For the record, Spetsnaz is an umbrella term for any russian special forces.
it's over

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2018, 08:21:23 am »

So, we got enough players now right :? When is this going to start ?

I’m going to be starting it tomorrow around noon EST! This is mostly just because it gives me a chance to write something up even if we get more people.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 01:54:58 pm by Greenstarfanatic »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2018, 08:19:33 pm »

Spoiler: Davey (click to show/hide)

I dunno lol. I have to go do stuff now, feel free to advise me of any necessary changes and I will gladly make them when I get back later on.
I'm fine with scrapping the whole character idea and coming up with something new if needs be, this was... kind of a rush job, haha.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 08:21:12 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2018, 08:29:44 pm »

Spoiler: Davey (click to show/hide)

I dunno lol. I have to go do stuff now, feel free to advise me of any necessary changes and I will gladly make them when I get back later on.
I'm fine with scrapping the whole character idea and coming up with something new if needs be, this was... kind of a rush job, haha.
turning over a new leaf
heh

I'm thinking like...

+1 to Crafting (Gotta be creative when you can't afford a real bong)
+1 defense against "Authority Figures". Police, guards, etc. Kind of like a compliment to Noir John's boost to attacking criminals.
-1 to Melee attacks
And if an enemy has an initiative roll more than 15 higher than Dave, he gets a -1 to defend against them?

Does that work for you?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2018, 09:11:15 pm »

Sounds good!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mall Fight: The Inferno (0/6) - Chapter 0: Where There's Smoke
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2018, 11:51:15 am »

MEANWHILE, INSIDE...

12 to 15 people, or as it is now very clear, exactly 12 people (or rather, 11 people and a dog), are lying on a cold, tiled floor. They have with them only the clothes on their backs.

Clearly, all of them followed the instructions that sent them here.

Rex, the lively golden retriever wakes up first. Not much has changed. He has a new collar, which is exciting! But he doesn't have his squeaky toy, which is exciting but in a bad way! This is exciting! This excitement needs to be shared with a friend! Rex decides to sit down and wait for someone else to wake up, wagging his tail the entire time.

The next to sit up is Dave Riggs, local stoner, who is immediately flattened back down by the weight of a golden retriever landing on his chest. Deciding that trying to get up is a waste of energy, he checks his pockets and finds nothing. Must've left his 1d6 lighters and definitely-not-a-joint at home.

John Jackson, the Noir Detective for the Modern Era bolts upright, looking around the room. Patting his trenchcoat, he grumbles about leaving his weapons at the office again, and reaches for his hat instead.

And finds that somehow, despite all odds...

He forgot his whiskey too.

He weeps into his fedora.

Lulu Amaru, who is definitely not from the future, wakes up to find herself not the oddest-looking person in the room. Standing up, she nearly falls over again, and almost doesn't notice both her lack of torture devices medical supplies and the new, fitbit-looking-device attached to her wrist. She wonders why it's all that strange to her, considering her background as an eccentric girl that's definitely from this time period, but shrugs it off.

Shuhrat, who apparently really doesn't like following instructions wakes up looking like...well, a somewhat normal human being. He vaguely remembers wearing full body armor a few minutes ago, and carrying a lot of guns, but when he looks down he sees a shitty Hawaiian shirt, bell-bottom jeans, and flip-flops. He still has his goggles, though. Just no helmet. No protective gear whatsoever, no guns, no nothing.

Actually, thinking back, he definitely came here in these clothes. This absolute travesty of an outfit.

Thank god there's a detective around who could arrest him for fashion crimes.

Stan Demidoff, who also dislikes following instructions, albeit with less gusto and panache, wakes up slumped against a fountain in the middle of the tiled floor. He finds himself wearing double denim. It takes him a lot of willpower to not throw himself into the fountain. He also doesn't seem to have any of his music, electronics, anything. He comes to the conclusion that today must just be laundry day, and that yeah, he probably left his stuff at his mother's place. Or his friend's. Or...well he left it somewhere. Really that's all that matters.

The other six people wake up at about the same time, all on the ground in approximately the same area. The Goth stands up first, and starts helping the other people get up after adjusting her studded bracelets and brushing away her bangs. The Punk, who wears a scowl as he makes sure his mohawk hasn't been fucked up, get up next. Opting out of helping the others, he wanders towards a nearby bench to sit down. The Jock gets up by himself, dusting off his jersey for [LOCAL SPORTS TEAM] and briefly smiling at the others who were already up. Or maybe just at Rex.

Slowly the rest of them get up. The Nerd seems relieved that her glasses are still intact, and goes over to sit on a different bench than the Punk. The Dude, after getting up and brushing away his long blonde hair, audibly complains that "they" took away his board. He still smiles though, in that half-smile-half-smirk way that makes everyone really want to punch him. Lastly, the Prep gets up, helped by the Goth and the Jock. Visibly disgusted by the entire situation, she moves over to the fountain to try and fix her hair in the reflection of the water, desperately avoiding Stan's heinous clothing disaster.

As a whole, all six of them seem about in their early 20s, but none of them seem to know anyone here. Despite this, they all seem wary of the other half of the group (minus Rex, because who can ever be wary of such a good dog?).

Before any pleasantries can happen, however, everyone is made fully aware of their new watches (and Rex's collar) as they all start beeping in unison. With screens too small to do much with, it's clear that they're less of a personal use device, and more of a bio-metric tracker. Pieces are falling into place, pieces that are rudely and violently slammed down when an automated voice rings out from a wall-embedded speaker behind John's head.

Hello...Test Subjects...Welcome To:

Experiment Two-Dash-One-Seven-Nine-X

We'd like to remind you of your purpose here today...to test...your desire to...create...to adapt...to...survive.

Over the course of the next...days...you will be exploring our...Inferno Facility...with a single goal.

To progress.

To facilitate this...you will be split up into two teams...of six...who will compete...for the right to progress.

Team A,
marked by a...red...light...consists of...

Dave Riggs...John Jackson...Stan Demidoff...Lulu Amaru...Shuhrat Kessikbayev...and Rex.

Team B, marked by a...blue...light...consists of...

Everyone else.

Hearing this, the other people quickly get up and come together in a huddle.

In addition to...your desire to survive being tested here today...we are also testing...new technology.

Teleportation and...Resurrection...in the form of a "respawning" system.

Should any of you...pass away...during the test...do not worry.

Our new system will...almost definitely...bring you back.

At your disposal are a wide array of...department stores...to stock up on supplies.

If there are any questions...please ask them now.

If there are no questions...keep in mind that only...six...people may be...alive...before progress can be made to the next floor.

The voice clicks off, as if awaiting questions. It immediately becomes clear that the voice was not kidding, as looking out through the mostly-empty atrium, the glowing blue light of a Wal-Mart can barely be seen around the corner, complimented by the harsh red light of a target across from it.

Clearly having no questions whatsoever, the Blue Team rushes off around the corner, ducking inside the Wal-Mart and out of view of everyone else. That leaves the currently-unnamed Red Team alone in the atrium.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2018, 02:16:51 pm »

"cyka blyat where the fuck is my equipment"

Try and go to a firearms store, if there's any in this mall, and try to buy an AK47/74/whatever AK variant there is, and buy several magazines for it.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 02:18:44 pm by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2018, 02:22:02 pm »

Look for place to get me some noir revolver
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6