Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: They Who Dare: The Empire of Schwarzes Holz - Kaiserliche Luftjäger  (Read 22257 times)

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: They Who Dare: The Empire of Schwarzes Holz - Kaiserliche Luftjäger
« Reply #150 on: December 24, 2018, 08:54:26 pm »

Quote from: Votebox
Send Letter (5): The Ensorceler, Thanik, Jilladilla, Stabby, TTE
-- TE's Letter of Intent (1): The Ensorceler
-- Nick's Letter of Intent (4): Thanik, Jilladilla, Stabby, TTE
*Do Not* Send Letter (0):

Train Brunhilde as pilot (5): Thanik, The Ensorceler, Jilladilla, Stabby, TTE
Do not train Brunhilde as pilot (0):

Follow plan 'Doing God's Work' (3): Thanik, Jilladilla, Stabby
Follow plan 'Canvas Angels' (2): The Ensorceler, TTE
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 24, 2018, 08:58:43 pm »

Follow plan 'Canvas Angels' (3): The Ensorceler, TTE, Madman

I prefer the idea of getting all our squadrons more experience sooner.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Thanik

• Bay Watcher
  • I'd rather be a rising ape than a falling angel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 25, 2018, 02:36:39 am »

Follow plan 'Canvas Angels' (3): The Ensorceler, TTE, Madman

I prefer the idea of getting all our squadrons more experience sooner.

I feel the extra squadron brings more of an effect. The parachute is less critical now - especially as not a lot of our guys die per round. Those that do usually die from a crit by Garth, not in a normal engagement.

(Also yay! Normal voting!)
Noble Nafuni Engineer

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 25, 2018, 03:16:50 am »

Follow plan 'Doing God's Work' (4): Thanik, Jilladilla, Stabby, The Ensorceler
Follow plan 'Canvas Angels' (2): TTE, Madman

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 21, 2019, 12:37:49 am »

Design Phase, Early Spring 1915
There are new aces, Seiichi Katagiri in Angesehen Gescgwader. Brunhilde von Bothmer, Irma Raedler, and Katherein von Loffen in Kriegsmäid Gescgwader.

Kriegsmäid Geschwader of AvDD.I Adderbolt SBD.I's over the Central Front are now at Rookie experience level.

The general on the road to Bont Gwyn is requesting a bit more radio support to keep the advance steady while the general on the road to Cwymp Cyflym requests something to actually help the advance.

The general in charge of the defense of Sprungburg requests some fighter support to help keep the bombers at bay along with more radio Adderbolts, while the general in charge of the defense of Dunklerfelsen requests for some more forces to be delegated to the defense so the city can hold.

The army received our letter, but we haven't received one back...or at least, not one that is related to the letter we sent. Most of the mail from the army we are getting is actually complaints and angry letters about our recent decision to have female pilots, though the navy seems to be fine with it for the most part, at the very least only one admiral sent in a complaint...We also have a complaint department now...mostly because of all the letters...

High command has increased your budget by 2 PP, as the country devotes more factories to war.

Spoiler: Projects (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Designs and Technology (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Squadrons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Statistics (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 12:39:59 am by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Thanik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 21, 2019, 01:23:26 pm »

Alright. This turn could've gone better, but we held with a relatively modernized Adderbolt. This turn I think we should look into achieving two things - finalizing the Teufel to get that sweet, sweet Drachen progress bonus; work on the Drachen and leave room for two revisions that'll optimally get us bombs and a much needed finalized Adderbolt version incorporating the Teufel.

So yeah. Here's the plan for the designs & research portion of the turn:
Research:
2d6 + 2 rushed dice for the Teufel (1): Thanik
1d6 + 1 rushed die for the Drachen (1): Thanik

This leaves us with two dice for the revisions - one to fix the Teufel if anything happens / make bombs, and another to make the Adderbolt AvDD.I/16 SBD.II a reality. PJ has indicated the SBD.II refit for the SBD.I will probably be around 2 PP.
Noble Nafuni Engineer

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 21, 2019, 04:02:11 pm »

Research:

2d6 + 2 rushed dice for the Teufel (2): Thanik, Stabby
1d6 + 1 rushed die for the Drachen (2): Thanik, Stabby

This sounds like a decent plan, if anything this might let make some decent improvements without having to design something from scratch at the very least.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 21, 2019, 06:06:55 pm »

Research:

2d6 + 2 rushed dice for the Teufel (3): Thanik, Stabby, Madman
1d6 + 1 rushed die for the Drachen (3): Thanik, Stabby, Madman

Requisition: Nine-inch (228mm) HE shell: (1) Madman
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Thanik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 21, 2019, 06:21:59 pm »

Quote from: Design Phase
Research:

Requisition: Nine-inch (228mm) HE shell: (2) Madman, Thanik
Noble Nafuni Engineer

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 22, 2019, 12:37:02 am »

Alright, so. We know that our Navy's Flagship uses 9 inch guns, and our relationship with them is only 'Lukewarm' right now. I just feel it's a bit early in our relationship to request such a thing.

Research:

Requisition:
Nine-inch (228mm) HE shell: (2) Madman, Thanik
Largest naval HE shell the Navy is willing to share: (1) Jilladilla

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 22, 2019, 10:30:33 am »

Research:

Requisition:
Nine-inch (228mm) HE shell: (1) Thanik
Largest naval HE shell the Navy is willing to share: (2) Jilladilla, Madman

We should include a letter of intent of sorts---inform them that we'd like to employ the shells to use as anti-shipping bombs.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 22, 2019, 12:31:04 pm »

Design Phase, Early Spring 1915

Roheshmiede-Dehnert "Teufel" (2 die spent, 2 die rushed)

Progress: 15+1+4+6+2 = 28/30. 10 PP spent

Once again the engineers work hard on the new project and stay late at night working on the new engine. They make good progress and more importantly seem to keep the thing in good effective condition without causing any bugs or errors in the design. For the most part, at this moment in time, the design just needs the final touches and to have the proper paperwork sent out to the factories, but for the most part, we don't expect to take much more time on the thing.

Rohesde ZBg.I A1/15 "Drachen" (1 die spent, 1 die rushed)

Progress: 10+4+3 = 17/55. 8 PP spent

With the engine for the most part finalized, proper early prototypes of the Drachen are made and some more updated designs are made on the project. The first test flights seem to show what we believed to be true is, in fact, true. however, despite this there is one issue we have found in the testing, the landing gear. The landing gear itself works fine for its main job of landing but, it doesn't like being retracted, or extended. The Cranking takes much longer than initially expected, and sometimes simply doesn't work. This is fine when its retracting the landing gear but when its extending them, then there is a major problem for fairly obvious reasons. Still, the prototypes for the most part survive and work continues at a decent pace.

Navy Requisition: Naval HE Shell
Naturally, the navy has more shells to spare than the army for the fairly obvious reason that the navy uses them almost exclusively and as such has a stockpile. Still, that doesn't mean they are willing to give everything over, especially not the ammo for the SMS Hollen, but they are willing to give us a actual shell, specifically the 180MM-09-57KG-HE which is mainly used on the Silbernerhügel class heavy cruiser, a class of which has 4 ships, and a decent store of ammo which hasn't been touched in a while. The shells name says basically everything in its name, its a 180 mm shell made in 1909 that weighs 57 kilograms and is high explosive. It should be noted that it doesn't randomly explode unlike what the army gave us...

180MM-09-57KG-HE: A 57 Kilogram High explosive shell made to be fired from a 180MM gun. Actually reliable as well.

It is now the Revision Phase. You have 2 die remaining to spend on Revisions or Save for the next turn.

Spoiler: Projects (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Designs and Technology (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Squadrons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Statistics (click to show/hide)
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 22, 2019, 01:09:09 pm »

Screw the Army, we're now the Navy's best friend.

I think it's time we went and sank something for the Navy. After all, we *are* borrowing their shells.

Thanik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 22, 2019, 02:24:23 pm »

AvDD.I/15 SBD.II Adderbolt

Final production variant, awaiting ZhS-8A production.

Given progress on the Rohesde ZhS-8A engine, the Luftjäger was tasked with modernizing it's fleet of Adderbolts so that they can accommodate the new engine and handle the stresses involved in its operation. Given the almost total finalization of the engine, exact measurements and specifications were on hand for the design team, making it possible to take into account what was needed and wanted for the penultimate Adderbolt model.

While the fuselage is only improved in terms of aerodynamics somewhat, the wings are redesigned and toughened to handle the kinds of maneuvers that the final production AvDD.I/16 SBD.II will be put under, at the same time improving the craft's roll rate and maneuverability in general due to more sturdy control surfaces compared to the SBD.I. The rear wings are shortened and raised, forming a kind of cruciform "tail wing" that'd still produce 20-30% of the total lift, keeping the SBD.Is tandem layout in that way. Retractable tricycle landing gears are added, taking inspiration from the Drachen and SBD.I prototypes. An integrated radio and parachute are made standard issue equipment for the plane. To further enhance its lethality, two GL-12 machine guns are added to the wings, close to the fuselage, and the craft's fuel stores are increased. It's four GL-12s are given an increased capacity of 1000 rounds each. Overall, the plane promises to be a marked improvement over the SBD.I Adderbolt in even his state, and one that would surely only get better with the adoption of the ZhS-8A Teufel.

tl;dr restructure the wings to handle the Taufel; include integrated radio, landing gear and parachute, add 2 more machine guns.

Durchfallen Bruchpunkt M-11-50/100/250 (BpM.11-50/100/250)
The goal of this revision is to work off the 180MM-09-57KG-HE shell instead of the ill-fated M-08 bomb so as to allow on-demand bombardment from the skies with specially modified aircraft, such that they may contribute more meaningfully to the situation on the ground with three different sizes available for different mission profiles - a 50, 100 and 250 kg warhead respectively. What's more, it works off the experience gained from the M-09 and M-10 bomb study to actually finish that program in a decent manner. Work is also to be done so that cheap holders for said bombs are available at insignificant cost for the Adderbolt in the form of clamps actuated with a lever. This is done with the goal of gaining some experience in their construction so that they can be incorporated into future designs more easily, and so there's a solution ready for the Adderbolt at no extra cost, so that the bombs are the only thing the Luftjäger has to worry about when operating Adderbolts in a CAS role.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 08:23:39 am by Thanik »
Noble Nafuni Engineer

Thanik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 23, 2019, 03:11:50 pm »

Quote from: Revisions
AvDD.I/15 SBD.II Adderbolt (1): Thanik
BpM.11-50/100/250 (1): Thanik
Noble Nafuni Engineer
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15