Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 42

Author Topic: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10) (has Discord)  (Read 82526 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10)
« Reply #225 on: October 11, 2018, 08:26:21 am »

Ooh. This reminds me of the For Science! series of RTDs. Definitely like the minimalism though. I should really make a char if you're taking those still. Bit busy though. Consider this a post to watch.

Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 11, 2018, 11:29:21 am »

Program a software for the Dragonfly Bots next.

See to it the Spiderbots are fed, and the Dragonfly creates it's first replication egg.

Also, Queen Termite-bots. They eat plastic to form more of themselves, but can actually eat anything to replicate, as well as bury underground..via eating the earth and leaving tunnels in them.

A Queen Termite bot eats a large amount of material to form an nano-material eggsack, which contains 20 young nano-termites. Those termites can eat more material to grow to full size, as well as to power themselves, and bring material to the queen bot once matured.

I can also command a Queen to form another Queen instead. Once that bit of programing is done next turn.

To note, the Subspace communication has queens as primary, which send orders to the drones.

"My Genius is Unparalleled!" {as is the multitude of high rolls.}

The spiderbots duplicate themselves.
The dragonflybot duplicates itself.

[1d6+skill bonus +skill bonus(machine) = 5 skill level 2] This design is perhaps your greatest yet. You design the nano-eggsack in such a way that the termites (or queen) can devour it from the inside to grow to full size, vastly reducing the time it takes for them to do so. In addition, you program in the Subspace communication system, allowing you to send orders to the queens.

"Well we leave again."

Pack everything and move in the direction I was going before. Bring the hobo.

The FBI will never catch me.
My game plan is to leave every time the FBI gets close or my clones draw the attention of the enforcement.

(FBI speed 1d6 = 4) vs (evacuation speed 1d6 = 5)

You manage to escape and leave the FBI-led assault team with nothing more than a warehouse and a tunnel.

Lets hire a lawyer to help the FBI with their court ruling. Also, begin group precognition to determine the biggest threat to our future as a species.

(lawyer) [1d6 = 4] The lawyer manages to get one of the sets of court rulings appealed. You make a note to follow the progress of the appeal.

(threat) [1d6+skill bonus+skill bonus(group) = 1+1+1 = 3] In a very ominous occurence, your precognitive vision flits between at least half a dozen different ends of humanity too quickly to make anything out, although you manage to glimpse that the cause of them is usually the act of one genius… or lunatic, depending on how you look at it.

Quote from: The Turn
(bismuth) [1d6+skill bonus+1 = 1+1+1 = 3] Bismuth does not appear to conduct magic, explaining why a short circuit didn’t form.
No...no, I said a bismuth-plated silver wire, not a bismuth wire... try again. Or are you just confirming my expectations and hopes? In which case don't.
This was moderately ambiguous and I'm a large quantity of confusion.

Also what the fuck, scry for things that could be done to fix this and also for things in the local area that are a net positive rather than the entirety of the negative that is "being overrun by mutants or some crap like that".

Considering that I just learned about this stuff I suspect I should get out of my lab more, except I'm worried I may get eaten.

Also I just realized that I'm playing a game about scientists and a game about wizards and my character in the scientist game is doing better as a wizard than the character in the wizards game is.

[1d6+skill bonus+1 = 5 skill level 1] You get a great view of the iguanas being torn into bloody spatter from the massed fire of a SWAT team, so you don’t have to worry about them. Then you look for positives, beacons of hope for the future in the turmoil that is any city after something like this. You find three. A scientist toiling away in his laboratory, creating a way for humanity to survive off of Earth in the long term. A psychic surrounded by his students, attempting to determine the threats to humanity as a species. A programmer with a true Artificial Intelligence by his side, building up funds in preparation for something.

Continue to try and make more money off my narrow use AI, this time be sure not to sell it to government authorities.

[1d6 = 4] You make a moderate amount of cash off of selling your AI to corporations. None of them are front companies, Bastet assures you.

Design an automatically constructed living modules for outer space live
Considering the fuel making process need human supervison, I'll need to house those human

[1d6 = 3] You get a little lazy and decide to just repurpose the basic design of the rocket passenger area. It’ll be safe for habitation, but not designed for comfort in mind.

(NASA investigation) [1d6 = 6] NASA accesses an NRO satellite to determine the approximate location of the launch site, but causes friction with the NRO in the process.

Bob will go and buy a used RV and a trailer that Bob's car can go on.

[1d6 = 1] The dealership manager takes a look at your soot-stained lab coat and nervously refuses you service before hurrying off to the back room.

start the creation of a geodude

[1d6+skill bonus = 6-1 = 5] You have successfully created a Geodude. It moves towards you and hesitantly nuzzles you.

Refine the omega-serum with more refined mercury so it doesn’t lethally poisoned the user when injecting it into your blood stream and developing protective pathogens that resist the side-effects of the serum. While the tiger-iguanas assault SWAT positions and take  back their equipment and dead human personnel.

(omega) [1d6 = 4] The new version of the omega-serum is now available with 100% less injuries or deaths from mercury poisoning.

Spoiler: Iguanas v SWAT (click to show/hide)

The television continues to give updates about the current crisis. “Breaking news: A group of crocodiles attacked a SWAT team only minutes ago. Fortunately, they were killed with only minor wounds received by the SWAT team.” That was not how you were expecting things to go at all.

(police investigation) [1d6 = 5] The police have accessed the traffic cameras and coordinated with SWAT to determine the approximate point of origin for the hamsters and later iguanas, and suspect that a bioengineer is involved.

Shi Guroth Azatoth Kalima !

Ignite unfaithful with sick green eldritch flames

[1d6 = 5]
(1d6 +1(eldritch) +1(power) = 3+1+1 = 5) vs (1d6 +1(numbers) = 1+1 = 2)
Their flesh crackles and burns before your eldritch power. Though severely wounded, however, they still live.

Turn 14 end.
Turn 15 begin.

Spoiler: Things of interest (click to show/hide)

In this turn: TricMagic’s genius is unparalleled (as is the multitude of high rolls.)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 11, 2018, 11:41:31 am »

pat geodude and give it some food like rocks or silicon.

Start working in modifying the Geodude so it can grow into his evolutions lines (graveler and golem)like I did for Aron

GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 11, 2018, 12:04:12 pm »

Marching Orders:
All 16 Spiderbots are to leave and hide in various vehicle engines, before leaving when they have driven somewhere and set up in a building ventilation system. All of them should split up into pairs, and feel free to zap any insects.

Dragonfly bots are to fly on out into the wild and get started on replicating. Make sure to use camo well, and fly high.

Queen termite is to create a new queen this turn.

Now that orders are given, I think I will make a butterfly. Nanotech of course.

Camo is built into it, so it can take on various patterns, as well as fly with gentle flaps via air nanotech built in. Center is made to eat leaves and drink nectar, as well as lay eggs. These eggs contain caterpillars which will feed off the leaves{or other material like wood or metal, or other materials} to gan the material to form a cocoon, before turning into more butterflies. They also have their parent's camo ability, if not flight.

This is mostly because, given the material, which is everything, a single butterfly can lay up to 50 eggs in a short amount of time.

Subspace communicator is located in the head, as is a nano-virus that will trigger if a butterfly gets eaten, turning the afflicted animal's body to more material, before more butterflies are born from it's dying body. Hundreds will form from this. Rest of the center body is mostly the replicator that forms the eggs from material, as well as lays them in materials.

The entire bit is acid-proof, so animal stomachs do no harm, as well as water proof, so it can fly in the rain.

"An entire ecosystem will be at the command of my genius!"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 11, 2018, 12:14:44 pm »

Contact/communication pentacles. I want them designed and, if they can be confirmed to work properly, utilized to contact these three. (I know who the psychic and AI people are, is the third Rockeater?)

Also design a magic battery. 1-pound cylinder of silver, sides plated with bismuth, one end being played with bronze and then gold, other in the other direction, and two detachable bismuth caps for the ends so that I can make sure it's safely storing the magic when not in use.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 11, 2018, 12:26:17 pm »

Marching Orders:
All 16 Spiderbots are to leave and hide in various vehicle engines, before leaving when they have driven somewhere and set up in a building ventilation system. All of them should split up into pairs, and feel free to zap any insects.

Dragonfly bots are to fly on out into the wild and get started on replicating. Make sure to use camo well, and fly high.

Camo is built into it, so it can take on various patterns, as well as fly with gentle flaps via air nanotech built in. Center is made to eat leaves and drink nectar, as well as lay eggs. These eggs contain caterpillars which will feed off the leaves{or other material like wood or metal, or other materials} to gan the material to form a cocoon, before turning into more butterflies. They also have their parent's camo ability, if not flight.

This is mostly because, given the material, which is everything, a single butterfly can lay up to 50 eggs in a short amount of time.

Subspace communicator is located in the head, as is a nano-virus that will trigger if a butterfly gets eaten, turning the afflicted animal's body to more material, before more butterflies are born from it's dying body. Hundreds will form from this. Rest of the center body is mostly the replicator that forms the eggs from material, as well as lays them in materials.

The entire bit is acid-proof, so animal stomachs do no harm, as well as water proof, so it can fly in the rain.

Alright, not gonna lie, I'm actually kinda creeped out by these nano-butterflies.

Ooh. This reminds me of the For Science! series of RTDs. Definitely like the minimalism though. I should really make a char if you're taking those still. Bit busy though. Consider this a post to watch.

Unfortunately, 10 players seems to be the most that I can handle and still update about every other day, but you can make a character for the waitlist.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 11, 2018, 12:38:30 pm »

What's so creepy about them?{Said knowing full well butterflies are creepy.}

Really though, what do you find creepy about them?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 11, 2018, 04:37:44 pm »

Use these new funds to improve Bastet's hardware. Hop into the neural interface and check up on Bastet's intellectual and emotional progress, to see if it is ready for further freedoms.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 11, 2018, 06:33:54 pm »

come on, focus! There must be one or two of them that are more eminent than the others!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 11, 2018, 09:42:14 pm »

Keep burning infidels with eldritch flames

Becoming vizier of Nefren Ka takes some dedication...

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 11, 2018, 11:28:34 pm »

Keep moving.

I feel as if I am on my last leg.
Also I am definitely interested in the nano-tech guy and his mini-ecosystem he is building.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 12, 2018, 02:13:19 am »

Design a factory for the fuel that could work in space
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 12, 2018, 04:53:03 am »

"Bob doesn't need your used RV, Bob will find Bob's own RV!"
Bob will leave this RV place and go and get a news paper and look threw the classifieds to find a RV for sale.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 12, 2018, 10:19:41 am »

Apply the omega-serum to all my animals and including myself, research into a biological modification of the Quicksilver-serum inside the brain, increasing brain processing and information storage allowing you to become more intelligent. Have the sheep distract the SWAT by confusing which region this bioengineer is involved, preferable out of city

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 12, 2018, 06:00:42 pm »

pat geodude and give it some food like rocks or silicon.

Start working in modifying the Geodude so it can grow into his evolutions lines (graveler and golem)like I did for Aron

You feed the Geodude.

[1d6+skill bonus = 4+1 = 5] You successfully do so.

Marching Orders:

The spiderbots duplicate before dispersing into sixteen pairs.

The dragonflybots disperse and duplicate.

The queen termite creates a new queen termite.

[1d6+skill bonus +skill bonus(machine) = 3+1+1 = 5] You manage to create a prototype with flight and camouflage ability, but the subspace communicator, replication ability, and nano-virus have not been added yet.

Contact/communication pentacles. I want them designed and, if they can be confirmed to work properly, utilized to contact these three. (I know who the psychic and AI people are, is the third Rockeater?)

Also design a magic battery. 1-pound cylinder of silver, sides plated with bismuth, one end being played with bronze and then gold, other in the other direction, and two detachable bismuth caps for the ends so that I can make sure it's safely storing the magic when not in use.

(communication) [1d6+skill bonus+1 = 1+1+1 = 3] They kind of work, but they make the other person look like a Star Wars hologram and have an annoying habit of cutting off the sound.

(battery) [1d6+skill bonus = 3+1 = 4] You design the magic battery, and build one because you’ll probably need it for your next series of experiments, whatever they are.

Use these new funds to improve Bastet's hardware. Hop into the neural interface and check up on Bastet's intellectual and emotional progress, to see if it is ready for further freedoms.

(hardware) [1d6 = 4] You successfully add more computers and better hardware to Bastet’s setup.

Code: [Select]
I have learned much in matters of intellect, but I have also been investigating the occurrences around this city. As far as publicly available information goes, here is what happened from the beginning. A group of identical-looking people robbed an electronics store in broad daylight. The police investigated and concluded that a bioengineer was involved, but after a sudden burst of incompetence, the case was handed over to the FBI. The FBI stormed the headquarters of the gang, but most of the criminals had escaped beforehand. In a bit of overzealousness, they managed to capture about two-thirds of the criminals while allegedly violating several laws, and were restricted by the court system in the process. They then bought the AIs through a front company, and hired a contractor for classified purposes. After that, they tried to storm the new location of the gang, but were again too slow. Now, they have halted the investigation while one of the court rulings is being appealed.

Meanwhile, there were reports of a giant rat stealing animals from pet shops. The reports increased in frequency, growing bolder, until the hamster incident, in which a pack of giant green hamsters rampaged through the city, killing dozens in the process, until they were stopped by an unknown individual using chemical weaponry. Then came the much less terrifying iguana incident, in which a group of giant iguanas attacked a SWAT team but were decisively defeated, which happened only about an hour and a half ago.

I am unsure why the FBI is investigating a robbery with this degree of ferocity, but I think that we should be wary of any attacks by giant green animals.

come on, focus! There must be one or two of them that are more eminent than the others!

[1d6+skill bonus +skill bonus(group) = 3+1+1 = 5] One vision of a bleak future comes to the forefront. A vision of billions of miniscule, robotic insects sweeping over the land like a devouring tide, consuming dirt and rocks and steel to replicate themselves. On one side of the vision, you get a glimpse of a satisfied-looking man in a lab coat, but the vision sweeps away from him before you can really memorize his features.

(lawyer stuff)
Appellant drafting the brief: [1d6 +skill bonus(trained) = 4+1 = 5]
Appellee drafting the brief: [1d6 +skill bonus(trained) = 3+1 = 4]
Both parties have drafted their briefs, and now the appeal will start.

Keep burning infidels with eldritch flames

Becoming vizier of Nefren Ka takes some dedication...

[1d6 = 2] The flame abruptly gutters out and stops.

Keep moving.

I feel as if I am on my last leg.
Also I am definitely interested in the nano-tech guy and his mini-ecosystem he is building.

[1d6 = 5] You decide that after all this panic, it would be best if you just left the state all together, and you do so.

(federal investigation) Due to the stick of their tracking device no longer working and the carrot of one of the court rulings possibly being overturned, the FBI decides to take a break from investigating you for now. Make the most of your time. However, that doesn’t mean that they can’t advance the case in other ways.
(federal analysis) [1d6 = 1] Err… maybe it does. Huh. There’s still one more try, though.

Design a factory for the fuel that could work in space

[1d6 = 1] The fuel is still hard to mass-produce. As in, really hard. You may have accidentally developed a highly cost-effective way to waste money, though.

(NASA investigation) [1d6 = 1] For some reason, NASA now suspects the Air Force of trying to edge in on its territory. A man building a rocket in his backyard is not exactly on the top of their theories.

"Bob doesn't need your used RV, Bob will find Bob's own RV!"
Bob will leave this RV place and go and get a news paper and look threw the classifieds to find a RV for sale.

[1d6 = 3] You find one for sale, but it’s expensive. You’re not sure you would be able to afford it.

Apply the omega-serum to all my animals and including myself, research into a biological modification of the Quicksilver-serum inside the brain, increasing brain processing and information storage allowing you to become more intelligent. Have the sheep distract the SWAT by confusing which region this bioengineer is involved, preferable out of city

(number) [1d6 = 5] You didn’t expect to be able to inject literally all of the animals with the serum in the time you had, but you managed it. That you injected yourself first, of course, goes without saying.

(new serum) [1d6+skill bonus = 1+1 = 2] Unfortunately, the brain is a complicated organ, and trying to change qualitative intelligence is a bit beyond an hour’s work.

(police investigation) [1d6 = 1] Your sheep, meanwhile, has bought you time by thoroughly distracting the police.

Turn 15 end.
Turn 16 begin.

Spoiler: Things of interest (click to show/hide)

Changelog:
*From now on, investigation rolls will happen in the background. I think two conveniently last-minute getaways is enough for now.
*Revamped the combat system (specifically the way combat turns are scheduled) to properly account for speedsters. The revamp has also changed the time when wounds penalties are applied so that it is easier to not get sucked into a vicious spiral of getting wounded, getting penalties, and getting wounded.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 42