Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 42

Author Topic: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10) (has Discord)  (Read 82521 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10)
« Reply #195 on: October 08, 2018, 03:22:34 pm »

Ugh, you kind of sold them awesome AI they use to track down some evil guys trying to doMinate world with evil clone army, they should be happy with your job
In other words your current action is less than necessary.

You may want to help them figure out how to be less hobbled by bureaucracy though.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 08, 2018, 03:30:50 pm »

Eh, I'll keep on with concealment. The idea of the FBI being able to track me at all is not ideal.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 08, 2018, 03:35:22 pm »

Meanwhile, I got Sub-communication.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 08, 2018, 08:25:27 pm »

Bump for Shadowclaw.

Ugh, you kind of sold them awesome AI they use to track down some evil guys trying to doMinate world with evil clone army, they should be happy with your job

You may want to help them figure out how to be less hobbled by bureaucracy though.

They aren't hobbled by bureaucracy, they're hobbled because they may or may not have violated about half a dozen laws in their zeal to track down MonkeyMarkMario.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 08, 2018, 08:51:44 pm »

Bump for Shadowclaw.

They aren't hobbled by bureaucracy, they're hobbled because they may or may not have violated about half a dozen laws in their zeal to track down MonkeyMarkMario.
which led to bureaucracy due to the fines/court trials/executive orders being put on them. Laws ARE a form of bureaucracy, though they are indirect.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 09, 2018, 12:59:38 am »

Bump for Shadowclaw.

which led to bureaucracy due to the fines/court trials/executive orders being put on them. Laws ARE a form of bureaucracy, though they are indirect.
I swear if I am arrested because if this, tho it is becoming unlikely, I will hunt down and eliminate NRDL in every life. Joking but seriously stop giving the "good guys" more power people. We could have had a nice little syndicate. Oh well at least it got me out of the starting city.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 09, 2018, 12:35:04 pm »

Utilizing the metal of Quicksilver (Mercury) and incorporating it into the omega-serum, the creation of Omega-serum can be finalized, the ability to truly become a speedster. Increased skin protection, ability to mentally process information from going at high-speeds, and enchanted leg muscles and metabolism of Quicksilver through the veins to move at hyper sonic legs, the creation of this serum will happen through the genetic modification of physical bodies. The tiger-iguanas will assault warehouses for the usage of human “laborers” and mercury vials into mass-production.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 09, 2018, 12:40:40 pm »

pls roll a -1 and get mercury poisoning or something,we have been waiting on your ass for far too long.
I am a Goober.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 09, 2018, 12:52:25 pm »

Yeah I’m sorry but I been a sidetracked and had difficulty keeping maintenance on all the games here and so I’ll try to better tracked for the following updates?, @Eternities, how do FBI investigation work I have seen them roll 1s and 6s, and it seems they never make any leads unless it’s a perfect 5
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 12:54:30 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 09, 2018, 05:50:29 pm »

then in the name of ethics and science, Refine my technique and continue to do so until even the portion of non-psychics that exist can do it in their sleep!

[1d6+skill bonus = 5 skill level 1] The technique is refined to the point of triviality. You weren’t expecting non-psychics to actually be able to do it in their sleep, but hey, science!

"Bob's lab has been destroyed, but Bob shall persevere and Bob shall build a new lab somewhere!"
Bob shall go back to the lab and retrieve Bob's car then Bob will go and look for an abandoned office building and make that Bob's new lab.

[1d6 = 2] After fifteen minutes or so of driving around, you conclude that there are actually very few unused warehouses lately.

Let's see how good it goes
Preform a test lunch to a stable orbit and measure the time and distance the rocket travels

[1d6 +1(powerful fuel) = 5+1 = 6] The rocket launches into orbit successfully. After about 1.5 hours, it passes over your position. Then after another hour and a half it does so again. You scribble down the data it transmits to you eagerly.

4 of them now.

Software set-up. Coding in the relay and connecting them to the hub.

Software determines location of spiders, as well as actions. I can set them up in groups to perform certain tasks, or send them to locations.

Remember to feed them.

As the software should be fairly easy with the Hub Program set-up, See about creating a Dragonfly bot. Nanotech makes for light works, and the fact that they also can change their color is built into the skin. They should also be capable of turning what the eat into Nano-material, which is defaulted to a string like substance that can be built up until a new Dragonfly bot is created, kinda like an egg.

Light like a dragonfly, and like one in most ways too.

(programming) [1d6+1 +skill bonus(machine) = 2+1+1 = 4] You successfully program the software into the robots.

The spider-bots duplicate themselves again.

(dragonfly) [1d6+skill bonus +skill bonus(machine) = 5 skill level 1] Flight as fast as a real dragonfly, changing colors to the point of invisibility, also capable of self-replication… truly a brilliant invention.

If I plate a silver wire with bismuth, will it weaken the current of magic going through it, or insulate it from outside magic? Test this by getting three wires, two just silver the other silver with bismuth plating - and leave one of the silver ones curved into a U-shape, while twisting the other two so that they have one side that's a loop, one side that's got the two ends of the wire, and between them, a section where the wires touch each other to cause a short circuit. Power the wires and have magic sensors monitoring the magic level in the loop area for both twisted wires and the end of the curve for the non-twisted wire (make sure the bismuth is removed in the monitoring area).

Aside from that, I'd like to check if I can design pentacles that allow for scrying. It's a relatively safe way to check for non-summoning functions of magic.

(bismuth) [1d6+skill bonus+1 = 1+1+1 = 3] Bismuth does not appear to conduct magic, explaining why a short circuit didn’t form.

(scrying) [1d6+skill bonus+1 = 5 skill level 1] Yes, you can definitely do so. You decide to use it to look around the city a little bit. Let’s see, there’s the bloodstains and police tape where the hamster-bears rampaged, there’s the path of destruction they left… wait, were those giant snakes or crocodiles lurking in the shadows? Oh no, they’re just giant iguanas… wait, what?

"Time to fix the cloning device."

Put my effort into seeing what is wrong with the cloning vat and seeing if I can make it more efficient with less of a magnetic footprint. Clones find me a hobo and carefully, without drawing attention, bring him back.

(cloning vat) [1d6+skill bonus = 5 skill level 1] You’ve managed to make the cloning vat better and make it run on gravity instead of electromagnetism… somehow.

(hobo) [1d6 = 6] Hobo? Check. Subtlety? Not check.

(federal preparations) [1d6 +1(psychic powers) -2(very hobbled) +skill bonus(narrow AI) = 5+1-2+1 = 5] No news about the FBI. But hey, no news is good news, right?

"Sure, thank you"

Travel with the FBI back to the lab and start experimenting in creating living rocks

You are dropped off at your lab safely.

[1d6+skill bonus = 3+1 = 4] You conclude that a good way to do so would be to use silicon instead of carbon as the base element for their bodies.

Rah Nahizleth Jtavanag Fatuh

send Eldritch lightening bolt in nonbelievers

[1d6 = 3]
(1d6 = 5) vs (1d6 +1(numbers) = 3+1 = 4)
The lightning isn’t really that effective. It might not even be accurate to call it lightning.

Have I done anything illegal that would make the FBI want to pursue me? Regardless, try and hide any trace of my location online, ask Bastet for help regarding concealing our location and existence.

(you) [1d6 = 2] Sadly, without any particular hacking skills, you are unable to accomplish much.

(Bastet) [1d6 +1(digital) +skill bonus(less restricted) = 1+1+1 = 3] Bastet removes the most obvious references to you. At least that’s something.

Utilizing the metal of Quicksilver (Mercury) and incorporating it into the omega-serum, the creation of Omega-serum can be finalized, the ability to truly become a speedster. Increased skin protection, ability to mentally process information from going at high-speeds, and enchanted leg muscles and metabolism of Quicksilver through the veins to move at hyper sonic legs, the creation of this serum will happen through the genetic modification of physical bodies. The tiger-iguanas will assault warehouses for the usage of human “laborers” and mercury vials into mass-production.

(omega) [1d6 = 6] The serum definitely works! But the mice you tested it on died of mercury poisoning.

(iguanas) [1d6 = 2] The iguanas are unable to do anything with the various SWAT teams moving around the city.

(police investigation) [1d6 = 2] No leads… so far.

Turn 13 end.
Turn 14 begin.

Spoiler: Things of interest (click to show/hide)
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 09, 2018, 06:13:26 pm »

Program a software for the Dragonfly Bots next.

See to it the Spiderbots are fed, and the Dragonfly creates it's first replication egg.

Also, Queen Termite-bots. They eat plastic to form more of themselves, but can actually eat anything to replicate, as well as bury underground..via eating the earth and leaving tunnels in them.

A Queen Termite bot eats a large amount of material to form an nano-material eggsack, which contains 20 young nano-termites. Those termites can eat more material to grow to full size, as well as to power themselves, and bring material to the queen bot once matured.

I can also command a Queen to form another Queen instead. Once that bit of programing is done next turn.

To note, the Subspace communication has queens as primary, which send orders to the drones.

"My Genius is Unparalleled!" {as is the multitude of high rolls.}
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 06:15:21 pm by TricMagic »

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 09, 2018, 07:14:53 pm »

Yeah I’m sorry but I been a sidetracked and had difficulty keeping maintenance on all the games here and so I’ll try to better tracked for the following updates?, @Eternities, how do FBI investigation work I have seen them roll 1s and 6s, and it seems they never make any leads unless it’s a perfect 5

Alright, I went back through the game so far and came up with this little summary.

Turn 2: MonkeyMarkMario's clones rob stores in broad daylight, which is what started this whole plotline. At the start, they were being investigated by the police (not the FBI). They rolled a 3, which was a small lead. (All the criminals looked identical)
Turn 3: They rolled another 3 (another small lead: a bioengineer was probably involved) but got distracted by another player in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Turn 4: They rolled another 3, which meant that they moved on from the other player.
Turn 5: They rolled a 1, which meant they were fooled by the false leads MonkeyMarkMario had set.
Turn 6: They rolled a 5, which meant they discarded the false leads and deduced the section of the city where MonkeyMarkMario was.
Turn 7: They rolled a 1, which meant they were stuck investigating the same false leads. This was when the investigation was turned over to the FBI.
Turn 8: The FBI rolled a 5 and got a +1 from having psychic powers, making it a 6, so they stormed MonkeyMarkMario's warehouse, but he managed to sneak away because he got a good roll, leaving another player behind to take the fall.
Turn 9: They rolled 4+1 = 5, meaning that they discovered that most of the criminals had escaped. Well, all of them had, but they were under the impression that the other player was responsible.
Turn 10: They rolled 6+1 = 7, meaning that they captured most of MonkeyMarkMario's clones that he had scattered about, but were hobbled by a court ruling for overreach in the process. As part of that, they were forced to release the other player.
Turn 11: They rolled 6+1 -1(being hobbled) = 6, meaning that they captured the last of MonkeyMarkMario's clones but were slapped with another court ruling in the process.
Turn 12: Things are beginning to turn around for them. They've acquired some AI through a front company and a contractor they hired has given them a GPS/Google Maps-like radar device for MonkeyMarkMario's cloning vats. This doesn't extend to their rolls, however. They rolled 2+1 -2(very hobbled) +skill bonus(the AI) = 2, which meant no leads on MonkeyMarkMario himself.
Turn 13 (the present): They got a 5+1-2+skill bonus = 5 for “preparation”. You’ll see.

I'll admit that their investigation wasn’t going very well at the start, but most of that was just bad luck.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 09, 2018, 09:20:49 pm »

"Well we leave again."

Pack everything and move in the direction I was going before. Bring the hobo.

The FBI will never catch me.
My game plan is to leave every time the FBI gets close or my clones draw the attention of the enforcement.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 09:22:48 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 09, 2018, 09:25:45 pm »

((PTW))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 09, 2018, 09:30:33 pm »

Lets hire a lawyer to help the FBI with their court ruling. Also, begin group precognition to determine the biggest threat to our future as a species.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 42