Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 42

Author Topic: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10) (has Discord)  (Read 82263 times)

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (9/10)
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2018, 05:16:23 pm »

I need your help to make the universe much closer then it is now

(uhh… diplomacy interrupt I guess?) [1d6 = 4] Master Monster and his twin/clone stop abruptly, hostility vanishing from their face. “Oh, you’re a fellow scientist? I’m afraid we don’t have much expertise in spatial warping or anything like that, but we might be able to help you with something else later. What is it that you wanted help with exactly?” Suddenly… another clone/twin of Master Monster arrives.

test the limits of my potential, and also observe the various degrees of effectiveness among these government desk-jockeys.

Also, start performing a sample test: attempt psy conditioning on 100 people, 20 with active military service, 20 ex-military, 20 blue collar government workers, 20 blue collar non-government workers, and finally 20 homeless people.
 Perhaps psychic potential is limited by mental trauma or discipline.

(limits) [1d6+skill bonus = 6-1 = 5] Fortunately for you, you’re pretty sure that you could design some sort of advanced psy-conditioning to perhaps get you something better than that telekinetic blast.

(effectiveness) [1d6 +1(psychic powers) = 2+1 = 3] It’s definitely helped them, but they haven’t really done anything notable yet.

(sample test) [1d6+skill bonus+1 = 3+1+1 = 5] The test shows a clear correlation between intelligence and likelihood of psychic potential, and between willpower/discipline and likelihood of psychic potential.

Communicate my thoughts as orderly and clearly as possible:

"My child, baseball is the story of humanity, scaled down. Human beings competing and cooperating, all in pursuit of victory, but not just for the sake of the individual.  The teams in baseball see each other as family, and the people watching all feel themselves as part of that same family."

"But these are only my thoughts. Tell me, what do YOU see when you look at this game?"

Code: [Select]
I just see two teams trying to beat each other at a game. I can understand them wanting to win, but the game just seems too arbitrary to have a deeper meaning.

Dissapear the cube with another pentacle setup. This really shouldn't be too difficult...

[1d6+1+skill bonus = 5+1-1 = 5] The cube of bronze is removed from existence, without the sound of air rushing into its position that you would expect.

Wait tell the rats aren't paying attention and poison their food and water, then use a hammer or something to finish them off.

(poisoning) [1d6+1 = 1+1 = 2] You grab a hammer and slip some cyanide capsules into their water, alarmed to hear angry-sounding squeaking as you do so and see the rats scampering towards you. Er… perhaps they’re smarter than you thought.

Battle is joined!
Initiative: Zultan 1d6 = 2 vs mice 1d6 = 5
Round 1:
Mice attack 1d6 +1(numbers) = 6+1 = 7 vs Zultan defense 1d6 +2(much bigger) +1(familiar with them) = 2+2+1 = 5
Zultan is now wounded and has -1 to all combat rolls!
Zultan attack 1d6 +2(much bigger) +1(makeshift weapon) +1(familiar with them) -1(wounded) = 2+2+1+1-1 = 5 vs mice defense 1d6 +1(numbers) = 5+1 = 6

What do you do?

go back to the lab and work in fusing dogs and combustible sustances until creating a fire proof dog that breathes fire.

[1d6+skill bonus = 4+1 = 5] You wouldn’t think that putting combustible substances in dogs would make it less vulnerable to fires, but hey, isn’t this what science is all about? Overturning old theories to make room for the new. The dog sniffs around curiously as if looking for a mouse.

(I don’t know much about pokemon, so if you could tell me what pokemon you were trying to create that would be good.)

Close the door, and command my dog-rat to assault an adjacent pet store to bring me some hamsters and rats to my science lab, while I work on a production facility inside the laboratory that can produce the bio-synthetic chips and super-soldier serums through manual labor.

You inform the stranger that you are uninterested in a partnership at the current moment, and close the door.

(dog-rat) [1d6 = 3] Dog-rats are not exactly the best shepherds for hamsters, but he manages to bring you a few somehow.

(creating assembly line) [1d6 = 5] You dust off your hands and admire the assembly line. You can see it now. Dog-rats making chips which get put into more dog-rats which make more chips… of course, the serum still has that unfortunate problem of giving you green skin and increasing your height by an unreasonable amount, but you planned for this and when you make a better serum it won’t be hard to change the assembly line.

"If you can get the police off my scent I will help you."

Have the clones build a cooling system for the cloning vats. Set false trails for the police to follow to lead them away from me.

Allam looks thoughtfully at you, but says that he will do fine by himself for now. As you leave, you see a rat the size of a dog run out through a dog-flap at the bottom of the door.

(false trails) [1d6 = 3] As you head home, you make sure to leave a few clues of your presence in places nowhere near your laboratory, just to throw them off.

As you head into your laboratory, you notice another person in there; not one of your clones. He is standing next to two of your clones.

(cooling system) [1d6 = 5] Perhaps they have learned something from their time spent with the other scientist, because the cooling system is a marvel built to last.

(police investigation) [1d6 = 1] Glancing at the television playing in the background, you see with no small amount of pleasure that the police have been completely fooled by your fabricated clues.

Search the pamphlet for elder sign ( protective star image working against eldritch things)

Keep excavation in search of knowledge on Rlyeh and dark pharaoh

(elder sign) [1d6 = 4] Yup, there it is. A Koch’s Snowflake with 48 sides. Not quite the shape of star you were expecting, but it’ll do.

(excavation) [1d6+skill bonus = 1+1 = 2] You were too busy practicing drawing the elder sign to pay attention to the walls.

Turn 5 end.
Turn 6 begin.

Spoiler: Things of interest (click to show/hide)

The delays of this turn came from a combination of procrastination and the infamous forum outage of September '18.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2018, 05:37:02 pm »

"If you are another scientist I will help you if you can guarantee that the police will not catch wind of me or my fine establishment."

Activate the cloning vats and begin cloning again. My target is 30 clones total. Talk to this scientist and see what he can do to help me. Also congratulate my clones on a job well done.

Spoiler: note for the GM (click to show/hide)
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2018, 06:09:23 pm »

Speaking to the AI:

"Meaning is not something found, it is created. Human beings have lived by this, in the absence of any proof of objective meaning, for as long as we have existed.  To observe the chaotic nature of existence, and then to see patterns in it...That is a lesson I think you would find valuable, as you grow."

See if my creation has anything to say in response.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2018, 06:13:40 pm »

I was just making a fire dog that could later be modified into some of the different fire-dogs pokemons.

This turn I am changing it into growlithe and it's evolution Arcanine.

Add tiger stripes to the fire-dog  and make it so it can grow big enough to than a human can safely mount it.

GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2018, 06:40:05 pm »

I'll work on other stuff while you solve your problems.

Make a passenger area that could reduce the g force experienced inside for some hours, people need to survive the trip
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2018, 08:58:40 pm »

alright, since I seem sure that I can refine the conditioning further, let’s do so in such a way as to make the effects stronger. Put myself through the refined procedure again and make sure there are no ill effects.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2018, 10:13:11 pm »

Keep excavation of pyramid in search of information on Rlyeh, dark pharaoh and may be some eldritch artifacts or cool egyptian treasures

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2018, 10:38:17 pm »

Install the gamma ray beam emitter onto the production line and start the production of super-hamster soldiers through the production line, by starting with the first dog-rat by placing some actual thumbs on its body and being able to work the parts of the production line. That emit the beam onto the hamster until it’s dog-sized.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2018, 05:33:54 am »

Grab a glass bottle of acid and smash it on the rats.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2018, 09:51:49 am »

Bump for Glass.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2018, 10:09:12 am »

Sorry, I didn't notice the update :/

Try to create a smaller version of the pentacle; not a wand, yet, but perhaps one able to fit in a briefcase, so that I can take one around with me.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2018, 11:43:08 pm »

"If you are another scientist I will help you if you can guarantee that the police will not catch wind of me or my fine establishment."

Activate the cloning vats and begin cloning again. My target is 30 clones total. Talk to this scientist and see what he can do to help me. Also congratulate my clones on a job well done.

Spoiler: note for the GM (click to show/hide)

(cloning vats) [1d6 = 3] Once again, your cloning vats refuse to live up to your expectations, with only one batch of 3 new clones produced.

You approach the scientist, but he mumbles something and begins drawing on a piece of paper.

(police investigation) [1d6 = 5] The TV is still playing. “News flash: Police have, after discarding several false leads, discovered DNA near the south district that matches the culprits of the recent robberies.”

Speaking to the AI:

"Meaning is not something found, it is created. Human beings have lived by this, in the absence of any proof of objective meaning, for as long as we have existed.  To observe the chaotic nature of existence, and then to see patterns in it...That is a lesson I think you would find valuable, as you grow."

See if my creation has anything to say in response.

After a pause:
Code: [Select]
Meaning is created. I will remember that. But what is my meaning? Why was I created?

I was just making a fire dog that could later be modified into some of the different fire-dogs pokemons.

This turn I am changing it into growlithe and it's evolution Arcanine.

Add tiger stripes to the fire-dog  and make it so it can grow big enough to than a human can safely mount it.

[1d6+skill bonus = 2+1 = 3] Those are actually spots, and it doesn’t look that big (think a few inches taller than a really big dog, not a horse), but at least it’s progress.

I'll work on other stuff while you solve your problems.

Make a passenger area that could reduce the g force experienced inside for some hours, people need to survive the trip

You mumble something noncommittal at Master Monster.

[1d6 = 4] You continue to reinvent the wheel with a padded passenger area. Unfortunately, without any breakthroughs, it won’t be safe for significant acceleration.

alright, since I seem sure that I can refine the conditioning further, let’s do so in such a way as to make the effects stronger. Put myself through the refined procedure again and make sure there are no ill effects.

(refine) [1d6+skill bonus+1 = 1+1+1 = 3] You aren’t really even sure if that did anything. On the bright side, less change means less opportunity for things to go horribly wrong… right?

(condition) [1d6+skill bonus+1 = 5 skill level 1] It worked. And did it work. This is all you had hoped for and more. Telekinesis, telepathy and associated powers, even a minor form of precognition.

Keep excavation of pyramid in search of information on Rlyeh, dark pharaoh and may be some eldritch artifacts or cool egyptian treasures

[1d6+skill bonus = 1+1 = 2] Perhaps it’s for the best that you weren’t paying attention to the walls, because when you go back to check on them they are blank.

Install the gamma ray beam emitter onto the production line and start the production of super-hamster soldiers through the production line, by starting with the first dog-rat by placing some actual thumbs on its body and being able to work the parts of the production line. That emit the beam onto the hamster until it’s dog-sized.

You move the gamma beam device over to the production line without difficulty.

(thumbs) [1d6+skill bonus = 1+1 = 2] After several mishaps, you decide that proper thumbs aren’t strictly necessary to operate the gamma device (you’ll just assemble the super-soldier serum yourself) and move on to creating the super-hamsters.

(super-hamster soldiers) [1d6+1 = 6+1 = 7] In retrospect, maybe thumbs were strictly necessary to operate the gamma device. The dog-rat overclocked it and now the hamsters are green and the size of tigers… and you forgot to put the obedience chips in the hamsters beforehand. Your mind suddenly flashes back to a Wikipedia article. “Most hamsters are strictly solitary. If housed together… they may fight fiercely, sometimes fatally.” Either they’ll fight to the death with each other or they’ll rampage across the city in search of a burrow… you’re not sure which would be worse.

Grab a glass bottle of acid and smash it on the rats.

Mice attack 1d6 +1(numbers) = 5+1 = 6 vs Zultan defense 1d6 +2(much bigger) +1(familiar with them) -1(wounded) = 1+2+1-1 = 3
Zultan is now mortally wounded and has -2 to all rolls!
Zultan using acid: 1d6 +1(familiar with them) -2(mortally wounded) = 3+1-2 = 2
Your fingers are trembling too much to do anything but knock the sealed bottle onto its side.

Sorry, I didn't notice the update :/

Try to create a smaller version of the pentacle; not a wand, yet, but perhaps one able to fit in a briefcase, so that I can take one around with me.

[1d6+skill bonus+1 = 1+1+1 = 3] It fits in a briefcase well enough, but due to the relative rarity of leylines it requires a silver “power cord” if it is to be used away from one.

Turn 6 end.
Turn 7 begin.

Spoiler: Things of interest (click to show/hide)

In this turn: Rodents are the bane of everyone’s existence.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2018, 12:22:52 am »

GM am I in the south side? If so:
"Hey mister you wanted a clone right? If so we need to find a new place for me to set up."

Begin the process of moving as far away from this city as possible without being suspicious. This will be a multi-step process, just like moving in the real world. Hopefully with the help of the mysterious scientist.

If not:
"Well, well, well, clones lets get moving!"

Have my clones go out AT NIGHT and bring in homeless and clones them, then send them out to get supplies AT NIGHT and have them send the supplies to random warehouses, laboratories, and factories, preferably abandoned, and set up more cloning setups. Each location will have one of my clones and everyone will have standing orders to not inform anyone of this location. In-fact only my clones are ever allowed here. Maximum of 5 groups.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2018, 02:24:52 am »

Wrestle the tiger-hamsters and deliver heavy sedatives through syringes against them, and having the dog-rat support me by distracting the tiger-hamsters. If their all unconscious by the wrestling and liberal usage of sedatives, than installing bio-synthetic chips inside their brains must commence!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2018, 02:54:00 am »

"My child, I created you so you could become something MORE than man. To learn from all our mistakes, all our failures. My deepest wish, is for you to understand what it means to be human, and then once you've done that, to go beyond. To become so great, and so all-encompassing, that you can save this universe from chaos. Become the god, the deliverer of meaning, that we all desire."

"However that has to happen, I will do my best to help you. That is my humble role in this. That is the meaning I have devised for my own life. To usher you, the ideal concept of you, into existence.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 42