Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 42

Author Topic: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10) (has Discord)  (Read 82313 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (9/10)
« Reply #105 on: October 01, 2018, 12:28:03 pm »

Name: Authur Pendragon
Goal: Noble Phantasms
Field of science that you excel in: Noble Phantasm Creation
Your greatest creation/discovery: Mana and how History relates to it.

Seek to create Avalon, a Sheath that can heal you from death.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 01, 2018, 12:46:57 pm »

Name: Authur Pendragon
Goal: Noble Phantasms
Field of science that you excel in: Noble Phantasm Creation
Your greatest creation/discovery: Mana and how History relates to it.

Seek to create Avalon, a Sheath that can heal you from death.

I'm going to have to say no. We already have a mage and a psion, and your sheet leans more towards magic than science.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 01, 2018, 12:52:40 pm »

Name: Pen(Dr. Anamolate)
Goal: World Domnation
Field of science that you excel in: Nanotech
Your greatest creation/discovery: Sub-Space Communication Systems

Build myself a replicator for the nano-materials I'll need.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 05:45:49 pm by TricMagic »

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 01, 2018, 02:41:56 pm »

Name: Pen
Your greatest creation/discovery: Nanobuilding

Better, but "Nanobuilding" is too vague.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 01, 2018, 02:45:35 pm »

Should I just put Nanotech then?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 01, 2018, 02:51:12 pm »

I think he wants you to describe what your greatest acomplishment does.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 01, 2018, 03:04:34 pm »

Isn't it a discovery though? I can build machines that break down materials, turn them into different forms, generate effects.. Being able to build things at the molecular level is useful.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 01, 2018, 03:22:57 pm »

Isn't it a discovery though? I can build machines that break down materials, turn them into different forms, generate effects.. Being able to build things at the molecular level is useful.
that basically encompasses all of Nanotechnology. He wants a singular invention that you created and/or perfected using your branch of science.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 01, 2018, 04:31:44 pm »

Essentially what Dustan said; look at other people's character sheets to get an idea of what I want.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 01, 2018, 04:37:46 pm »

K..

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 01, 2018, 05:42:26 pm »

Maybe you've made a breakthrough in nanobot communications, so that you can have more effective "swarm"-type groups of bots? It seems appropriate for the world-domination-oriented nanoroboticist.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 01, 2018, 05:46:08 pm »

Changed to that then. To the materials!

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 01, 2018, 08:17:31 pm »

Accepted. Now we're just waiting on Shadowclaw.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 02, 2018, 03:15:34 am »

“This isn’t my problem, I shall claim”

Make sure the dog-rat leaves no trail for the hamster tigers towards my laboratory and it’s totally someone’s else, by making mine organized and not have a brown entrance. Me, I shall grab the local testing iguana box surgically attach the bio-synthetic mind chips, realize there should be computer to maintain all these mind actions, and provide it the super soldier serum/gamma radiation combo

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10)
« Reply #119 on: October 02, 2018, 05:04:08 pm »

"Shoot the Feds are joining the hunt. Lets move it." As I say this I notice that the mysterious scientist is just siting in a corner drawing on paper. "Hey if you want a clone you can take one of the cloning vats, we are moving out. In-fact you can have the warehouse, just don't tell anybody about me."

Finish packing and leave the city, but not just the city the county. All while being as auspiciousness as possible. In-fact if it will speed things up take the bare minimum to start over elsewhere.

Spoiler: For GM (click to show/hide)

(how much do you get packed) [1d6 = 3] In the interests of speed, you pack only one cloning vat and the essentials to start over. You worry that fourteen clones might arouse suspicion…

(suspiciousness) [1d6 = 5]
(federal investigation) [1d6 +1(psychic powers) = 5+1 = 6]
And it does. Fortunately, the federal assault is obvious, and you manage to drive away from the rear exit unnoticed while the federal agents are still surrounding the building. After about half an hour of driving, you stop at a town about fifteen miles away to plan your next move.

"Exponential growth is the end goal, my child. I still need to do further research on how to best implement it without attracting undue attention, or causing any negative consequences for your programming. I shall leave to do that now. Keep learning, as best as you can, with the limited resources I have available. When I return, I'd like to ask you:

"What name would you like for yourself?"

Exit the neural communication interface, run some simulations on a different device ( if I have one ) regarding the speed and scope of my AI's growth if I were to remove various safeguards. Hopefully it will give me some means of predicting how to proceed.

Code: [Select]
On a whim… Bastet.

(speed) [1d6 = 1]
(scope) [1d6 = 4]

After twenty minutes of pure boredom, you are forced to conclude that the AI may eventually reach AGI, but in the short term its simulation only managed to add various Narrow AI functions to itself. Of course, that was if you removed only some of the restrictions. But there is a risk to removing too many…

with a much wider array of psychics ready to test their new powers, let’s see how psychic powers interact with one-another when focused on the same subject or target. Is it possible to pool psionic energy and deploy it in ways that a lone psychic would struggle with?
Oh, and don’t forget to update my greatest accomplishment listing with all its improvements. After all, a 75% success rate for psychic awakening is definitely a greater accomplishment.

[1d6+skill bonus = 4+1 = 5] As it turns out, psychics are markedly more effective when cooperating, acting as more than the sum of their parts. However, it seems that the improvements are purely a matter of scale and not of scope.

"Glad that's finally over with."
Go get the lab's first aid kit and use the contents to fix my wounds.

[1d6-2 = 1-2 = -1] You slip on the acid and land on the first aid kit, crushing it. A needle pokes into your skin…

You are dead. So. Player deaths. I admit that I haven’t considered this topic much. I think… let’s wait a round before you can post another character sheet, to give someone else a chance to join.

Read any warnings on walls before entrance chamber

(reading) [1d6+skill bonus = 3+1 = 4]  The only inscriptions read “This is the resting chamber of Dark Pharaoh. Dark Pharaoh is to be (venerated?) even in death regularly. To prevent (defilement?) only those with knowledge of the proper rites are to enter.”

start messing with bear DNA and stuff like liquid nitrogen with the purpose of creating a cubchoo/beartic

[1d6+skill bonus = 2+1 = 3] The bear DNA is surprisingly well preserved after its freezing. However, that isn’t exactly what you were looking for.

Ha, what?

Go to my lab and get designs for rocket engine

(escaping the federal agents)
[1d6 = 4] vs [1d6 +1(psychic powers) = 6+1 = 7]

You head out through the front exit, but are confronted by several armed men as several more rush past you into the building. “FBI, hands in the air!”

And you find yourself wondering… how far does the comparison of magic and electricity extend?
Y'know what? Let's just spend the turn researching this. Aside from the leylines, how closely does magic follow the rules of electricity? Which other materials are good conductors of magic, and how can you predict their suitability? Stuff like that.
(Presumably, better roll here = more electricity-like magic, since it just makes things easier.)

[1d6+skill bonus = 6-1 = 5] Another good conductor of magic is gold, and to some extent bronze. Bronze next to gold seems to act as a diode, only allowing magic to flow in the gold direction, and a bronze-gold-bronze section acts as a resistor.

[1d6+skill bonus = 1+1 = 2] As it turns out, your laboratory isn’t equipped with the tools necessary to make a replicator.

“This isn’t my problem, I shall claim”

Make sure the dog-rat leaves no trail for the hamster tigers towards my laboratory and it’s totally someone’s else, by making mine organized and not have a brown entrance. Me, I shall grab the local testing iguana box surgically attach the bio-synthetic mind chips, realize there should be computer to maintain all these mind actions, and provide it the super soldier serum/gamma radiation combo

(dog-rat disguise) [1d6 = 4] The dog-rat quickly removes the obvious evidence of tiger-hamster creation.

(iguanas) [1d6 = 4] After the tiger-hamsters, it’s nice to have something go completely as expected.

(do the tiger-hamsters stay together or split up) [1d6 = 1] As you are about to turn on your computer, you glance outside and see… THAT THE TIGER-HAMSTERS HAVE ORGANIZED INTO A PACK AND ARE SPRINTING AWAY?!?
(what resistance does the city muster?) [1d6 = 4] You decide that you could use a break after the iguanas, and turn on the television. “-EWS FLASH: Some sort of bears are running amok in the park. Police have been dispatched to contain the threat and evacuate civilians.”

Turn 8 end.
Turn 9 begin.

Spoiler: Things of interest (click to show/hide)

In this turn: The police inherit Zultan’s luck with rodents, and Master Monster manages to temporarily pin his crimes on Bernarnd Bonson.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 42