Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28

Author Topic: Re: TricMagic's ByoS Mafia: Day 4: Mafia Wins(5/10)+1  (Read 68971 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TricMagic's ByoS Mafia: Day 2: Finding the Enemy(8/10)
« Reply #300 on: April 03, 2019, 05:23:38 pm »

Kit: You haven't said anything yet today, and were mostly quiet towards the end of D1. What are your reads on everyone?

Dolores: Do you find Webby's claim of basically being a VT credible in a BYOR? If not, is it an acceptable lie right now?

Hector: Do you feel it's worth using a redirect to test Webby's claim?
I'm Vanilla Town... technically. I have two auto abilities that essentially do nothing. I did nothing during the Night because I have no abilities, and no one can verify that.

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 03, 2019, 06:29:10 pm »

Every fucking time I open this thread and just see roseheart shitposting I've closed it.
You're town. If this was a crazier setup and I could talk myself into lynching you a second time I'd do that because I fucking detest this idea that what you're doing is relevant, the way you post fills up a mile of space for no purpose and you're not being useful. If you were a real player and verified town you'd be selecting the lynch target for today, but instead you're doing jack shit. The fact that you're verified town and haven't put a drop of pressure on anyone at all when they literally can't hide from it in your own character is really just pathetic.
Mafia is about the daygame. That's all that matters. In better setups, that's sometimes all there is. This isn't a bastard. Nobody cares about your mechanics if you can't tell me who to lynch. You're not gonna tell me who to lynch by prattling on about your mechanics.
I'm level three. Nobody cares about your synchro summon bullshit. I know, and I know this better than most because my role uses this shit, that your yugioh mechanics matter.  That's why people shouldn't be posting about it and shit. But I don't care. There's no point in you going on about this if you haven't found scum. And unless you're telling me you picked 100% town in your quicktopic, I'm gonna take a wild guess that you can't tell me who the scum team is.

Dolores: Do you find Webby's claim of basically being a VT credible in a BYOR? If not, is it an acceptable lie right now?
Who gives a shit? Why does it matter? He's not claiming anything actually relevant until he gets called out on it. If you watch someone and webadict visits them then it matters but otherwise it's moot.
I don't like this post because you're taking things back to the level of mechanical speculation. It's the most pointless shit you could possibly be doing especially after you've shown that you can be active even if you can't push a lynch. The second problem here is that if we take it back to mechanical speculation, it makes me not like you.
Since we're playing with wine, he's not scum unless you're also scum. Webadict would conclude that tricmagic's setup design is poor enough that your clear on FoU might be a viable clear, and wouldn't claim counter to that and invite you to target him unless: you're also scum, or it was going to fail (as it might have with FoU), or one of any of a lot more possible reasons honestly (keeping it off a teammate, triggering war vet, doing something else, who fucking knows). See, mechanical speculation is fucking useless. You could be scum or town, webadict could be scum or town, FoU could be scum or town. Nobody fucking cares, because FoU isn't posting and he doesn't have an excuse.

I suspect dolores uses profanity in an effort to discomfit other players, because it’s more difficult to deceive when you’re upset. There’s a limit to its effectiveness, but we don’t need to go into that.
You fucking wish, hun. Some people are just cunts. The reason it seems forced and artificial is because of how much I'm censoring myself. B12 is the only place I post where I could get banned for saying mean things where I can't also multikey in less than a minute.

This game's such a fucking pain because the three players I'm most sold on being scum or at least scummy (since IcyTea just isn't fucking here) are all inactive. It's also maybe lylo or some shit. I don't want to lynch nirur because at least they're active, and I don't think that hector or webadict would give a shit if I voted for them because there's no fucking way we're not lynching between FoU and Tomasque unless there's a major development.
I'll understand if that happens but I do intend to write a post today.
We're still fucking waiting. I can't realistically vote for anyone else until you show up, and it's a fucking pain.
Fortunately, Nirur doesn't know how to play so I can bully them while I wait. I guess I'll do that in a separate post.

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 03, 2019, 06:44:01 pm »

Oh right
Webadict
Tomasque:
You're third party, so you don't really matter right now.
What's this shit about?

Dolores said that she might say something about her role after night ended.
Yeah I'm not doing that

Vote for extension since I'm literally waiting since D1 for activity for my two top lynches right now

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #303 on: April 03, 2019, 07:22:56 pm »

dolores. You are a coward. You hide behind a flim flam throw away account so you can trash talk people, thinly disguised as playing mafia.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TricMagic's ByoS Mafia: Stacking the Deck(10/10)
« Reply #304 on: April 04, 2019, 03:19:49 pm »

Vote to extend.

Maybe something interesting will happen. Maybe Kit will get back, finally give us some reads, and get that thing summoned and it might do something useful. Maybe a more devoted lurker will say something. Or they just don't think they have anything to say that can dig them out of their scum holes and get lynched anyway.

Not much has changed on which ones I want lynched.
Tom is my favored lynch, if I had to pick now and the extension doesn't take. Dodged some questions while doing nothing. Ignoring a question about my interaction with someone else, to defend himself from a really weak accusation, and then disappearing from the game. That's not ok.
IcyTea argued some nonsense, then said he wouldn't play anymore if we didn't lynch Webby. He stopped talking D1, but still used his powers apparently. Why, Tea? (But he's unlynchable just now.)
Fallacy did nothing, then said he would do stuff, then disappeared.

Webby is looking more lynchable. He ranted about how he won't be lynched because there are people who need lynching more than he does, and eventually gave a list of reads.
He's carefully one step ahead of the lurker pack, and has ranted about how he shouldn't be safe just because of this.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 04, 2019, 04:09:58 pm »

roseheart, webadict, Dolores, Nirur Torir. Vote to Extend.
Code: [Select]
1. [B]Icytea: Banished for Roseheart's Revival
2. FallacyofUrist (2) Dolores, hector13,
3. hector13 
4. [G]Failbird105: Alien Infiltrator, Town.
5. [R]roseheart: Double Star Shaman, Town. Revived, until beginning of Day 3.
6. Nirur Torir
7. KitRougard
8. Dolores
9. Tomasque (1) Nirur Torir
10. {E}webadict

Dolores votes for FallacyofUrist
hector13 votes for FallacyofUrist
Nirur Torir votes for Tomasque
48 hour mark has been passed. 1750 till Hammertime. Day has been extended by 48 hours.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 04, 2019, 05:14:55 pm »

I'll sling out my Personal Extend because I'm lazy and need time to read through this day of stuff. I have an idea, but it's shifty.

In the words of a meme-lord: "I gotta admit, guys, I'm kinda retarded."
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #307 on: April 04, 2019, 07:10:59 pm »

Nice move Kit! With that I think we'll have enough time to complete the summon!

We are ready to summon our monster, now it is up to the others if they want to make it stronger.

dolores, you may be right, infact I am sure you are: Mafia isn't supposed to be about the powers and roles, it SHOULD be about the details and leads, but more than that it should be about friendships. Mafia doesn't have to be a ghetto simulator.

I did join up to become better. but based on DAY 1, no one has shown me how to do that effectively, and taught me the dangers of getting it wrong.

...I am bound to this game beyond the graveyard. And you can bet I'll be watching the four of you, closely...

SO, IF YOU ARE GOING TO HELP WITH THIS SUMMON OR NOT, NOW WOULD BE A GOOD TIME!
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 04, 2019, 07:31:19 pm »

Spoiler: roseheart (click to show/hide)

TricMagic: can IcyTea currently vote or post in this thread?
Also, is he replacing out of the thread right now?

Alright, so before I go further let's recap what I'm thinking about each of you:

FallacyofUrist: shit RVS, promised activity, never delivered
Tomasque: I guess he died at the robotics comp because it's been a while since the last weekend and he still hasn't posted. Everything I've seen of him has been defensive and involved no attempt to find the identity or alignment of another player
Icytea: fairly active and aggressive, if making questionable reads. Suddenly fell off the world, currently 'banished', can't be voted today anyway
webadict: not third party, that's for sure.
He's carefully one step ahead of the lurker pack, and has ranted about how he shouldn't be safe just because of this.
This is an excellent summary of his D1 play. The problem is that while he's right, he's also one step ahead of the lurker pack which still has 3+ members while we're at mylo (or worse). Lack of general activity means he's been getting away with not answering some more important questions. Also in a quicktopic with Tomasque and hector, but I assume there's nothing there since there's nothing in the thread.
Nirur Torir: one of the two actually interesting players here, more on this later. Aggressive play with little substance, sort of like IcyTea earlygame but less articulate. Maybe scum, definitely active.
hector13 : active in a fairly non-aggressive way. I still don't have any reason to think he's not town. My investigate bounced on him but that's related to my card's ability (based on the base 'def' of his card) so I can't tell you his role but he claimed to Kit who hasn't raised any concerns so that's cool with me.
KitRougard: they're town. I could go over why I think this if anyone wants to challenge it but based on D1 they're almost perfectly the profile of an active newtown player, right down to the desperation claim under pressure
Dolores: what, you want me to say that I'm scum? Anyway, at this point in the game finding the rest of town seems easier than picking out scum since the most suspicious players are the least active, so I'll try to do that instead.

KitRougard: there are 4 evil players right?
Unless IcyTea is town then we're safe for today, but otherwise we're probably at lylo or worse. Even just 3scum no third party is mylo, which is kind of a pain since we're shooting in the dark with the inactive players.

Alright. Trying to win this if hector and KitRougard aren't town is too much work for me to bother, so I'm just going to assume that they're on my side. Out of the rest of you there's at least one town. Webadict hasn't given me enough to work with to say if it's him, so I'll dive into Nirur's history for my next post.

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 04, 2019, 08:07:34 pm »

Alright, so a quick re-reading definitely leaves me open to the possibility that Nirur is scum. Let's go over their process once again:
Actually, let's go over first impressions:
  • Nirur Torir really likes to sit on lynches and just act smug. They didn't really interact with anyone while they were tunneling hector. This is a noobtell with regards to the fact that they're bad at getting people lynched, but it's not a good look alignment-wise with regards to the fact that they aren't really left with anyone to follow after that point. Yeah, he really doesn't shop around once he's found 'scum'.
  • Really active in terms of spreading pressure over a variety of easy targets, but no staying power when it comes to players they can't lynch. Happy to back out when told by 'more experienced players' even though we're not ICing and he wasn't sure of our alignments. Ties into below.
Hector: Twice now I've done my best attacking you and what I thought I had just got me insulted over it being nothing. I'm tired of it. If I see something I'll briefly mention it and let the thread consensus deal with it. No-one has a case for lynching you, and I'm too busy feeling dumb about misreading to feel like you're scum right now.
Dolores: I see nothing on you. You claim to make bad plays and .. I just don't have the skill to see it. Unless someone makes an amazing case against you, I'm going to have to agree with Webby: You're nearly unlynchable.
Er, that's compared with Dolores, who I felt like was mostly giving me advice on being a better townie.

Which doesn't even make sense as an opening for finding an angle of attack and I'm just speaking gibberish trying to get anything useful.
I really don't like any of this. I'm town because ... I'm giving metagame advice? Let's say that your read on me is the same as my read on hector and forget about it.
Your read on hector is a complete 180 provoked only by, basically, webadict and myself telling you it's dumb. That doesn't change how people read games, it just might make them reread them.
Nirur Torir I'd like a fairly detailed read on hector. By your own account you've had good cause to reread hector, so you should have a definitive opinion by now. Is he town?
Really, who is town right now? You don't want to lynch Kit or me or hector, so really that's all of town according to you, if Kit's saying 4 evil?
Are we at the point in the game where we all just fullclaim?

hector13: Do you have any more insight into webadict's alignment than I do (from your quickchat)?
Is he on Tomasque's team? If definitely not, is tomasque third party? I feel like, by process of elimination, either he or Nirur are probably scum. Which one seems more likely to you?

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 05, 2019, 10:42:44 am »

Personal Extension
My next post is probably going to be in 48hrs, and I'm waiting on a whole bunch of people.
I'm still Voting to Extend though

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 05, 2019, 12:54:44 pm »

When I said Nirur reminds me of me, I was being for srs. This taints my view of what he’s doing to the point I’m using my own meta to explain his behavior, which is all kinds of silly.

However, he has flip-flopped his read of me multiple times, which I’m not sure is a good thing or a bad thing. Good in the sense he appears to be considering information that challenges his held views, but bad in that his initial flip from scum to town and back again came across as him pushing on what he thought was an easy target at first, then thinking I was town based on alignment-independent criteria, then got very defensive when it turned out I was loosely considering him to be scum.

webadict hasn’t said much, his last post in the QT was, in relation to Tomasque, “you obviously aren’t town, what is your alignment?” which was toward the end of D1. Chances are they aren’t on the same team, at least if they’re both scum. I’m in the same boat as him though, in that i joined the game so the game would start, and the inactivity is brutalizing my interest.

Basically this a long-winded way of saying I don’t know. I’d lean on Nirur being the more likely of the two to be scum, but I can’t rule out webadict. Or you, but I can’t be bothered trying that, in part because you’re the most townie so far.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 05, 2019, 05:17:52 pm »

didn't really interact with anyone while they were tunneling hector.
I don't feel this is entirely accurate.
(Mostly, but not entirely.)
During my first tunnel, I did ask some low pressure questions of Kit, to be followed up with later by myself or others. (At the time, I was glad of the extra vote for adding more pressure and didn't want to dissuade him).
During the second tunnel I did ask other suspicious and then-active players (Tom and Tea) about their feelings on my attack.

I really don't like any of this. I'm town because ... I'm giving metagame advice?
I'd changed my mind over the long night, and with both Failbird and Roseheart flipping town. This in particular is comparing Hector's townie responses, using arguments trying to ward me off from being annoying in such a way as I'm assumed scum, vs your more neutral advice.

Your read on hector is a complete 180 provoked only by, basically, webadict and myself telling you it's dumb. That doesn't change how people read games, it just might make them reread them.
I recognize that I'm not good at this, and multiple people telling me that I'm being dumb and have nothing, while someone I'm more suspicious of only saying "YEAH HE'S ACTING IN A SCUMMY WAY" is .. telling. And demoralizing. It did kill my read, that the entire attack was based on nothing. It was an impulsive attack based on "Oh that looks scummy cool now I can do something!"
I attacked, perhaps in a foolish way, but still an attack. Result: Hector's annoyed, everyone else is confused by my incompetence, but Hector came out of it looking like town to me.
An alright result, but I don't think I'll do that again this game. Or maybe never.

Nirur Torir I'd like a fairly detailed read on hector. By your own account you've had good cause to reread hector, so you should have a definitive opinion by now. Is he town?
Really, who is town right now? You don't want to lynch Kit or me or hector, so really that's all of town according to you, if Kit's saying 4 evil?
Yes.
I'm impulsive sometimes, but I'm cutting that and done with Hector this game. I've decided he's town and going to stick with it, barring a significant disruption like a credible cop claim.
You .. if you're scum then at this point you pretty much deserve to win.
I suppose Kit's the only one I really have a more traditional read and gut feeling on, as newbie a town, and I want to stick to that.

Are we at the point in the game where we all just fullclaim?
Let's not.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 05, 2019, 06:45:49 pm »

Sorry for the small disappearance, but I will post sometime this weekend.

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 07, 2019, 05:13:34 pm »

I was gonna post before but Tric's decided to go hard on making the setup nightgame/ability based so here are some developments from the quicktopic I'm gonna post here to update hector et al.
If you can't tell, the tone of this post is because I'm venting about how TricMagic is continuing his one man crusade to kill the subforum through insisting on running the only active game in the most deleterious way that seems possible.
While questions like 'can (IcyTea) post' asked in the thread are so far unanswered, Tric's partially stated the outcome of certain actions for roseheart's "summon" multiple times in the falling stars quicktopic (roseheart's death-spawned QT). Right now it looks like roseheart's going to get two separate roles worth of abilities if he ever fucking posts 'yes I'm doing this thing I've been discussing for 72 hours without changing the plan once in that timeframe' in there, which will last for today+tonight.
Anyway it looks like there's probably going to be at least a kill coming out of that?

So in other words, there's been extra-zero-content compared to another weekend because both of the active furries (nirur/kit) have been going back and forth with the mod in their QT about theoretical mechanics like it's some kind of bastard mod.
Bleh. FoU and Tomasque still haven't posted. I'm not adverse to killing players for being inactive but it's disgusting that we're going to be killing someone (FoU) who hasn't posted since the very start of RVS just from a metagame perspective.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28