Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28

Author Topic: Re: TricMagic's ByoS Mafia: Day 4: Mafia Wins(5/10)+1  (Read 68978 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: TricMagic's ByoS Mafia: Stacking the Deck(10/10)
« Reply #255 on: March 27, 2019, 10:41:41 pm »

Until someone speaks up. I'll just assume I am the only one seeing things this way.

I apologise for derailing things. Of course I will take no offense if people vote me for gameplay reasons.

I am going to stand up for myself on one thing. I am tired of getting shit for saying hi. You may think you have some great reason to be upset, I don't care. I litterally just introduced myself to the game.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 27, 2019, 10:47:50 pm »

Only between IcyTea and webadict, the rest is pretty normal. I suspect dolores uses profanity in an effort to discomfit other players, because it’s more difficult to deceive when you’re upset. There’s a limit to its effectiveness, but we don’t need to go into that.

Mafia requires a bit of a thick skin because it necessitates people making judgments on you knowing there are people secretly working against them, and you will likely be called a liar and worse at some point. It’s not for everyone.

Case in point, what you’re doing now isn’t going to stop people from lynching you. Again, not because we don’t like you, but because your play so far hasn’t advanced the town’s interest. You have been called bad things, mostly in an attempt to get you to do something, but it hasn’t materialized so you’re being judged on it.

Aside from this, FoU needs to post more. webadict doesn’t care and he’s put some effort in. I don’t care and I’ve... well, minimal, but at least I have a grouping of folks I want to see lynched, which unfortunately for him includes FoU.

PPE: the hi thing was not great considering the point we were at. There is an expectation for posts to contain content, or intent to provide it, which hi didn’t do. It also came after webadict was maligning people for not posting, so it came across as deliberately callous and like you were trolling. In a game in which people are judging literally everything you say, it was not a good start.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #257 on: March 27, 2019, 10:53:02 pm »

"hi" Contains a lot of content!!!

"hi" means, hello fellow players, I am happy to introduce myself.

"hi" means I am looking forward to playing with all of you!

(I didn't even know I was being lynched when I wrote this stuff, I was tired of seeing this one thing over and over again, and I have never seen a game of mafia so heavily based on swaying momentum based on how offended a group of people could work themselves up to be...)
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #258 on: March 27, 2019, 10:56:06 pm »

I wouldn't have asked to be swapped out if I knew I was already getting lynched.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #259 on: March 27, 2019, 11:00:44 pm »

Because of my abilities, it is not in poor sportsmanship to do this. roseheart. I feel bad for voting for a town member, but I think I am more valuable as a Yu-Gi-Oh power up than a human.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #260 on: March 27, 2019, 11:10:49 pm »

Unvote

"hi" also means I am shy.

I am not taking any more crap from anyone as long I am alive in this game.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #261 on: March 27, 2019, 11:31:38 pm »

I can't process all this information, but if we can decide 4 people we think are town... I think we can win.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #262 on: March 28, 2019, 01:14:20 am »

Nirur Torir.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 28, 2019, 07:34:09 am »

{6}Community Extend Votes:(5) dolores, ?tomasque?, webadict, hector13,, Nirur Torir

First 24
Second 24
Third 24
Code: (Fourth and Fifth 24) [Select]
1. Icytea
2. FallacyofUrist(0)
3. hector13(0) 
4. Failbird105(0) 
5. roseheart(4)  hector13, Nirur Torir, KitRougard, webadict
6. Nirur Torir(2) Failbird105, roseheart
7. KitRougard (2) Tomasque, dolores
8. Dolores
9. Tomasque (1) Kitrougard
10. {E}webadict(2) FallacyofUrist, IcyTea31

Forth 24
hector13 switches vote to roseheart, Community Extend Vote
Nirur Torir switches vote to roseheart
KitRougard switches vote to roseheart
roseheart votes for Nirur Torir
webadict retracts vote from roseheart
Nirur Torir Community votes to Extend
dolores reaffirms vote on KitRougard
webadict revotes roseheart

Fifth 24
Roseheart makes, then retracts vote on themselves, then votes for Nirur Torir.
0000 Hours Left, 96 Hour Mark passed.
0226 Hours Left in the Day. 1 Vote left for Community Extension.

"Pretty Hectic First Day, but it seems to finally be winding down."
"Well, we are currently in the Hammervote stage, short of a last minute reprieve. Let's see what remains."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 28, 2019, 08:09:02 am »

Dolores, question? I understand that I've been swinging my vote around like a drunkard with a golf club, but since when does it make sense to call me Town and Serial Killer in the same breath?
Because you're not scum.
I'm basically 100% certain that you aren't mafia, and the thing that's making we think you're a serial killer is that what you said here:
Q2: I never actually said I wanted to stop voting Hector. As before, that was a pile-on vote, because that's usually how you lynch in ToS - the Snowball Effect! In truth, he's the target for my big Ability tonight, and I'd rather not kill him and have it wasted since after Lynch, day's over.
Doesn't jive with your claimed role. What ability were you intending on using on hector? Your protect?
That's it though. My read on you as 'trash-town' stands but mechanically it doesn't add up. You seem to have contradicted yourself talking about your mechanics and I know that as soon as I unvote you I won't be able to lynch you today; you're neither as inactive or as scummy as other players here.
Unvote
I would be voting roseheart but I'm still waiting for Fallacy to post and I'd prefer to avoid a hammer before that point.
Mechanical play is strictly wifom and that gets better with age, and, more importantly, quantity. If there's a development for the case of you being a third party it'll probably happen overnight.

On a strictly flavor-hunting note, webadict claimed to be a Vanilla Townie after picking a normal monster, whereas KitRougard is claiming a whole bunch of abilities.

Webadict: Tomasque is third party?

I don't really think that there's too much which needs to be said for the rest of the day. If we don't end up extending that's probably okay.
Fallacy and IcyTea need to post.
Tomasque needs to post if he doesn't want to get lynched D2.
Webadict would have to post more if he wanted anybody to get a read on his alignment but he's less useless than the first two

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 28, 2019, 08:58:48 am »

"hi" Contains a lot of content!!!

"hi" means, hello fellow players, I am happy to introduce myself.

"hi" means I am looking forward to playing with all of you!

(I didn't even know I was being lynched when I wrote this stuff, I was tired of seeing this one thing over and over again, and I have never seen a game of mafia so heavily based on swaying momentum based on how offended a group of people could work themselves up to be...)
It does contain a lot of content, but not the content anyone asked for.

What it shows, to me, is that you either didn't read the thread (and therefore are not going to contribute more) or that you did read the thread and didn't understand the message (which would be one of the worst cases because it would be really difficult on your team) or that you did understand the thread  and posted that anyway (which would be tone deaf at best if your explanation is to be believed and incredibly aggravating at worst).

The point is that you made a very poor decision and your only real way out is to show us someone is scummier than what you did. It's a tough road, but not impossible if you start now.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 28, 2019, 09:00:56 am »

Oh, and @dorado: I'll answer that better shortly. Let's go with "That is likely the case given the data."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TricMagic's ByoS Mafia: To the Grave(9/10)
« Reply #267 on: March 28, 2019, 09:04:34 am »

Day ends, and a Circle swallows up roseheart.

"Well guess that's all for one of our Contestants for now.
Tour Guide opens an envelope that appears.

"I will now announce who just took a Ride to the Graveyard."

"roseheart was the Celestial Double Star Shaman, a member of Town."

Spoiler: Abilitys (click to show/hide)

"Well, better luck, I guess. That's all for Turn 1! Time for Turn 2 to begin. Good luck within the Dark, Contestants!"

Night 1 Begins Now, and Ends in 48 Hours.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 09:19:18 am by TricMagic »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TricMagic's ByoS Mafia: Turn End. Day 2 Begins(8/10)
« Reply #268 on: April 02, 2019, 09:58:46 am »

Spoiler: OoC (click to show/hide)
The Night lifts, and who should be seen to have died during the night but..

"Failbird105. Well, guess that answers that question."
Tour Guide opens an envelope that appears.
"Seems Failbird105 was an Alien Infiltrator, a member of the Town!"

Spoiler: Abilitys (click to show/hide)

"With that the Town has shrunk by two. Now, on to the Second Day!"

Day 2 Begins Now, and Ends in 72 Hours.
Code: (Day 2 Start) [Select]
1. Icytea
2. FallacyofUrist
3. hector13 
4. [G]Failbird105: Alien Infiltrator, Town.
5. [G]roseheart: Double Star Shaman, Town.
6. Nirur Torir
7. KitRougard
8. Dolores
9. Tomasque
10. {E}webadict
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 10:05:53 am by TricMagic »

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
Re: TricMagic's ByoS Mafia: Day 2: Finding the Enemy(8/10)
« Reply #269 on: April 02, 2019, 10:56:25 am »

Spoiler: heh (click to show/hide)

It's day losers, get posting. Webadict/Nirur/KitRougard/Myself were in a quickchat (spawned from roseheart's death). I guess technically roseheart was in it as well. There were some incomplete claims made in that quickchat but with one exception I'll leave it to the QC members to decide what they want to claim.
I don't have anything I want to claim otherwise.
KitRougard: you know what to do. Or maybe you don't, I dunno. Anyway, I'm expecting to see a followup on what you were talking about before at some point today.

There was only one death so KitRougard probably isn't a serial killer.

FallacyofUrist where's my post
Tomasque who should I lynch? If you don't answer this defaults to 'you' because you've yet to ask a single player a meaningful question yet you never did anything with your vote or voiced a coherent (or incoherent) theory of who to lynch.

I'm pretty tired right now, I'll write a real post later - that may or may not be after I've slept.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28