Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28

Author Topic: Re: TricMagic's ByoS Mafia: Day 4: Mafia Wins(5/10)+1  (Read 68942 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: TricMagic's ByoS Mafia: Day 2: Finding the Enemy(8/10)
« Reply #285 on: April 03, 2019, 12:09:46 pm »

... the day is a little over 12 hours into 72 hours, so we’re a sixth of the way into it.

You’re doing what you were doing on D1, chatting about how you’re going to utilize the day but not actually doing anything with it. That was pretty much why you got lynched.

Do you think everyone in your quick topic is town? Why did you choose all of them? If they are all town, who do you think is scum? You were voting Nirur at the end of the day, but you had him in your quick topic, why?

It’s in the town’s interest that you push on people. I asked who you suspect and you’re all *shrug* so re-read day one, and consider other player’s motives. You are confirmed town, I’d really like to not waste that.
I am doing the best I can. It is 10:06am. I ran 2 miles through the rain to my local library to see if I could do anything with what I thought was my only hour left. (glad that is not the case)

hector, I am not gunna pull reads out of my ars. Call me a terrible player for it. I ain't gunna do it. But I will be able to summon a strong monster to help the town. Now I KNOW I will have time to use it.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 03, 2019, 12:44:26 pm »

... the day is a little over 12 hours into 72 hours, so we’re a sixth of the way into it.

You’re doing what you were doing on D1, chatting about how you’re going to utilize the day but not actually doing anything with it. That was pretty much why you got lynched.

Do you think everyone in your quick topic is town? Why did you choose all of them? If they are all town, who do you think is scum? You were voting Nirur at the end of the day, but you had him in your quick topic, why?

It’s in the town’s interest that you push on people. I asked who you suspect and you’re all *shrug* so re-read day one, and consider other player’s motives. You are confirmed town, I’d really like to not waste that.
I am doing the best I can. It is 10:06am. I ran 2 miles through the rain to my local library to see if I could do anything with what I thought was my only hour left. (glad that is not the case)

hector, I am not gunna pull reads out of my ars. Call me a terrible player for it. I ain't gunna do it. But I will be able to summon a strong monster to help the town. Now I KNOW I will have time to use it.
Why do you think you could summon a strong monster?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #287 on: April 03, 2019, 12:53:33 pm »

I have 4 players in the QT, as defined by my role. Pretty good odds.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 03, 2019, 01:00:41 pm »

I’m not asking you to pull reads from your arse, I’m asking you to read the game and tell me what you think about people, and I also wanted to know why you chose the four people you did to add to the QT.

From a town perspective, dolores I can understand, maybe also Kit, but you were voting for Nirur and webadict was not particularly useful on D1.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #289 on: April 03, 2019, 01:03:03 pm »

Odd, why did you feel to put them in danger by revealing my choices, when I need them to help the town. I can't think of a scummy-er thing to do.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 03, 2019, 01:09:27 pm »

dolores did that in literally the first post of D2.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #291 on: April 03, 2019, 01:17:22 pm »

Well, I guess I have to let her slide, she had no reason to believe I would be alive again and able to summon.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #292 on: April 03, 2019, 01:19:10 pm »

My reasons for choosing my 4 are my own.

I am not on trial here.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #293 on: April 03, 2019, 01:48:16 pm »

Though I will say it helps...they are all actually actively playing the game.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 03, 2019, 01:54:59 pm »

I hope that revive wasn’t a 1-shot.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #295 on: April 03, 2019, 02:13:30 pm »

I don't know hector, I am by definition uninformed. I am not great at clues, that's why I play, to get better.

Maybe you wish a more skilled player would be the recipient.

But I know how my ability works. (As can anyone else who reads my lynch info) It doesn't take Sherlock to use them. If you are town, be glad it was me, if you are town.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #296 on: April 03, 2019, 02:17:00 pm »

Syncro summons add up power levels that is just how YuGiOh works.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #297 on: April 03, 2019, 02:21:29 pm »

..It's a gamble. I admit. I don't know what will happen! But someone decided to take that chance. My last life was hard for me, and I am only here on burrowed time. But here I am.

We are doing what we can, to give us a chance. We may fail. It may be for nothing.

But it won't be for lack of trying.

Failbird died, they were a type of cop.. it seems. That hurts. Could mafia have known it somehow?
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 03, 2019, 02:51:54 pm »

Quote from: Hec
PPE: why would you be inclined to believe that?
I am only inclined to believe it, because of the way I received a group PM with IcyTea. I admit it is possible someone just glitched IT to spare me, temporarily.
Can you tell us more about this?
When did you get it? It sounds like morning of day 2, while you were dead?

(Vanilla Speak With The Dead only particularly fits with town, right? But Roseheart clearly telegraphed as being bad at reading clues to guess at alignment, and their role flipped as not having particularly useful info from that. I'm not sure how the skill would work for mafia, unless it's some weird "convince the dead to give you their abilities" thing. Third party seems most likely to me.)

Failbird died, they were a type of cop.. it seems. That hurts. Could mafia have known it somehow?
Weak cop skill even if so.
I don't know why they'd choose to target a heavily lurking newbie who's tried to replace out, and feel it was most likely a redirect.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 03, 2019, 04:43:40 pm »

It’s because they were replacing out they were killed.

roseheart: you’re not trying, that’s my problem with you. You’re uninformed becausee you’re not doing anything. The questions I was asking you earlier wasn’t because I was wanting to put you on trial, it was because you’re new and i want you think about these things. The very minimum you should be doing is reading the game and forming reads, which you obviously haven’t done because you would’ve noticed dolores mentioned who was in your QT before I did.

It doesn’t matter if you can’t read clues, but if you don’t read the game you’re not going to pick up anything. I hate it when players rely on the night game to get anything done because then they neglect the meat of the game, during the day. Arguments are formed, you can examine relationships between players (when you’re voting someone, you’re doing it to invite scrutiny on yourself, it’s bloody brilliant mate) and you can maneuver people into places they may not want to be with lines of inquiry.

This is why when you say “I had them in my QT because I did” it stifles your day game because you’re not analyzing your own play, and it doesn’t allow me to figure out your logic behind it, particularly when I feel pretty confident there’s at least one scum among them.

Just because you’re confirmed town doesn’t mean you can back off on the pedal. You can still be an impediment to your wincon by worrying about the night game instead of what you can do now to find scum now.

Fallacy of Urist, I’m getting tired of the silence. You like gambits and you like the night game, figure out who else I should be voting for, please.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28