Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: LOOTQUEST: Turn 3: It's Not Dead, Yet(5/5)  (Read 2761 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
LOOTQUEST: Turn 3: It's Not Dead, Yet(5/5)
« on: September 15, 2018, 12:45:27 am »

You may be wondering what the heck this is. You may be wondering why the heck you would want to play this.

So here's the short version. The evil Lord Amalgam, a fusion of Herobrine, King Radical, Kyubey, Jafar, and Blackbeard(long story, and you're probably missing a few) has taken over the Loot Kingdom. He now resides in the Loot Castle, on the central sky island of Loottopia. Using a powerful mind-control Loot he's brainwashed most everyone in the kingdom to think he's the rightful ruler. One old guy with a mind protection Loot escaped and used a powerful summoning Loot to summon... you guys. Apparently the Loot Lord Amalgam used only affects this dimension's natives. If you can kill Lord Amalgam, and restore peace to the realm, he'll send you home and let you keep your Loot.

So what is Loot?

Loot is treasure, treasure summoned from a very specific dimensional chaos plane. Loot can be anything from a gun of apathy to a motorcycle of poison flails. There are five different power tiers for Loot: Mundane, Strange, Bizarre, Insane, and Awesome. Each one is more powerful than the last.

Of course you want Loot. You'll need it. So how do you get it?

Off the corpses of your enemies, of course! In the Loot Kingdom, the death of someone notable will catalyze a portal to the Loot Dimension and draw forth a new Loot, power depending on how powerful the person was and how much Loot they held(for their death will take any Loot on them with them). Aside from that, there's stashes of Loot on the islands, locations marked on the map the old man gave you, probably guarded but meh you can take them. And of course there's the rare dimensional rip to the Loot Dimension that can be fed your Loot to trade it out for different Loot.

You may be wondering how you'll get to the Loot Castle. Well, it's on the central Loot Kingdom sky island of Loottopia. Unfortunately for you guys it's protected by a near impenetrable barrier. Luckily, though, the barrier is sustained by six anchor stones, one on each of the peripheral islands. You know what you need to do. If you don't manage to acquire a means of flight, there's sky ships you can take over if necessary.

Should you wish to be one of the summoned...
there's the usual character sheet.

Code: [Select]
Who are you? No wrong answers here as long as you're mostly human.

What concept lies within you? This will influence your loot, especially the starting ones.

What makes you special? Some trait that helps you out. Maybe you're strong, or lucky, or tough, or you've got sensitive cat features. We can work stuff out as long as it's relatively minor.

This is not first come first serve. I'll be taking the best looking characters after 72 hours. For the waitlisters? Players are not chosen from the waitlist in order, but rather based on whether or not they win a deathmatch against each other.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 08:07:44 pm by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile

Who are you: 0cra

What concept lies within you: aimbotting Marksmanship

What makes you special: Good at fighting in close to medium range with ranged weapons, especially with assault rifles, shotguns, and submachine guns.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 09:33:05 am by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

As per this generator, I am now 'A callous Half-orc Fighter from the base of a volcano who has anger problems'. Sweet. My name is also apparently Tabark. Also neat.
Sounds like a blackrock orc. LET'S RUN WITH IT!

Praise be to generators.

Who are you?: Tabark, A callous Half-orc Fighter from the base of a volcano who has anger problems.

What concept lies within you?: MAGMA AND BLACK SPIKES

What makes you special?: The heat never bothered me anyway.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 09:27:41 am by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile

Who are you?: Iridium, the mad inventor
What concept lies within you?: Innovation (and to a lesser degree, blowing stuff up)
What makes you special?: Unusually hardy.
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying for Nakéen to stay this time (copium)
    • View Profile

Who are you? Mantra, the Warrior that never gives up.
What concept lies within you? Willpower.
What makes you special? Unusually high pain tolerance.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Who are you? Sorceror Ra of Coptis.
What concept lies within you? Magic.
What makes you special? More powerful spells than normal.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Who are you? Delgado
What concept lies within you? Pistolero
What makes you special? Rapid reloading and fast aim.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Who are you? Yujiro the Half-Ogre
What concept lies within you? Martial Arts
What makes you special? High endurance and muscle mass.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 04:13:55 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yuki the Ice Ghost Spirit
Cold Frozen Ice Cryokinesis.
The cold never bothered me anyway.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I see you there! We shall make beautiful music together! It will be a bestseller.

I'll call it... A Ballad of Embers and Frost! Yes.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LOOTQUEST: Or A Fusion of Looter's Delight And The Average D&D Campaign(0/5)
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2018, 04:00:22 pm »

Who are you? Bob Bearson, the wild man

What concept lies within you?  Primal

What makes you special? He's a lucky guy. He was about to be bitten by a venomous snake before he was summoned. And he managed not to die while growing up in the wilderness before that.

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LOOTQUEST: Or A Fusion of Looter's Delight And The Average D&D Campaign(0/5)
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2018, 04:23:07 pm »

I normally wouldn't...but I had to put down this character just for laughs (aw crap, I really, truly, honestly did not intend for that pun to happen, but I'm sticking with it).

Who?: Lakonikos

Concept: The all-powerful force of humor.

What makes you special: He can keep a straight face through any joke...or any lie.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: LOOTQUEST: Or A Fusion of Looter's Delight And The Average D&D Campaign(5/5)
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2018, 05:51:24 pm »

Let's get to selection! And remember that if you aren't chosen you'll probably get a shot at entering the game via magical deathmatch murder later on. And you can still submit actions for NPCs which I may or may not take depending on the lulz. So.

Who are you?: Tabark, A callous Half-orc Fighter from the base of a volcano who has anger problems.

What concept lies within you?: MAGMA AND BLACK SPIKES

What makes you special?: The heat never bothered me anyway.
Derm is in. His sheet is one of the few that makes use of the openendedness of The "who are you" section, and he used a generator to randomly generate his character. Now that's what I call theme!

Let's have a thematically opposite pair. Hot vs. cold. Classic. Fun with colors, too.

Who are you? Bob Bearson, the wild man

What concept lies within you?  Primal

What makes you special? He's a lucky guy. He was about to be bitten by a venomous snake before he was summoned. And he managed not to die while growing up in the wilderness before that.
Well this is fun. Haven't ever seen a character quite like this one before. In.

Who are you? Sorceror Ra of Coptis.
What concept lies within you? Magic.
What makes you special? More powerful spells than normal.
Who are you?: Iridium, the mad inventor
What concept lies within you?: Innovation (and to a lesser degree, blowing stuff up)
What makes you special?: Unusually hardy.
A wizard/inventor type would benefit the party, I think. That said, we don't quite need both. RNG says Iridium gets in.

Who?: Lakonikos

Concept: The all-powerful force of humor.

What makes you special: He can keep a straight face through any joke...or any lie.
And to top it off, the lethal joke character.

Everything turns bright.
~~~
You wake up, not to your bed(or whatever other sleeping arrangements you had) but to a swinging hammock. Getting up, you notice four other confused looking individuals around you. There's two doors to the room. One leads to a bathroom(for those of you that recognize it). The other leads up a staircase, through a hatch, and onto the deck of a ship. The helmsman turns to you, smiles, aaaand then the sky breaks into pieces and a monster lands amidst you.

The helmsman curses. "What? The boundary guardian? Already? Okay. Look, there's no time to explain! You need to kill that thing before it breaks the ship and us with it!"

Killing the damn thing would probably be a daunting task if not for the pieces of the sky that landed in your hands.

Tabark seems to have acquired a black spiky warhammer. Yuki is riding a war zamboni. Bob Bearson is holding a woven bag filled with apples. Plastic ones. Iridium has a strange iron rifle with a crystal barrel and no bullets. Lakonikos has another warhammer. A squeaky one.

Spoiler: Tabark the Half-Orc (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yuki the Ice Spirit (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lakonikos the "Jester" (click to show/hide)
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LOOTQUEST: Or A Fusion of Looter's Delight And The Average D&D Campaign(5/5)
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2018, 06:05:02 pm »

Bob takes an apple from the bag and stares at it hungrily. He almost takes a bite before stopping to sniff it, but then he notices it doesn't smell like an apple, grunts, and tosses it at the monster.

Toss an apple at the monster.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2018, 06:34:22 pm »

Tobark takes a moment to admire the magnificent balance of his new warhammer before letting out a savage battle-cry, charging at the colossal snake and taking a mighty swing at it's jaws.

What even is it, anyway? Zero details, here.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 07:23:26 pm by Dermonster »
Pages: [1] 2 3