Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38

Author Topic: The Exiled Demon  (Read 36998 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: The Exiled Demon
« Reply #360 on: October 08, 2018, 07:00:59 pm »

I kinda wanna see as our honorary berserker who inspires the wrath and depravity of our soldiers.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 08, 2018, 09:01:08 pm »

I kinda wanna see as our honorary berserker who inspires the wrath and depravity of our soldiers.
Well yes, this is good, but the banner itself shouldn't be painful for him. Berserker tendencies, deriving pleasure from bloodshed, and other such things are good, but it shouldn't feel like a punishment, is what I'm saying. It's a reward.
A demonic and evil reward, yes, but it should feel rewarding.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 09, 2018, 04:16:04 am »

For the immediate moment, let's send out a party and ourselves to capture the fleeing losers. I would still like to make greater numbers.

Those who did not flee but begged for mercy should be made full members. Those who flee and are captured should be made slaves.
Yes.

Do the whole "join us, or get eaten/sacrificed", thing.
+1

Also let us gather their corpses and use them to create an artifact banner made of their skin and theit hair, while their bones are used to hold the banner. Ram the Banner of the Fallen Enemy into the back of Banner to make him our Beast of Battle.
Also yes. Only make it somewhat painful, though, and with an equivalent amount of pleasure from it. Best to treat our followers well, at least for the time being.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 09, 2018, 09:57:30 am »

You step forth, over the cowering remnants of those who dared to attack you, who broke at the sight of your power, and you make them an offer. Perhaps twenty of the survivors rise up and stagger over to you to kneel. None of the shamans do, or the more experienced warriors. They watch those who join you with level eyes, but they do not condemn them. Their gazes do not shift even when you grab one of their number and chew on him, eating him slowly. A few commands are given, and Samana and Banner begin organizing the new followers, sending them off to various tasks as the soon to be sacrifices are led over to your altars.

A dozen men accompany you as you begin walking in a spiral around the Bastion, searching for those who have fled from your wrath. To your frustration, you only find a single man, whose mind breaks at the sight of you. He is led back to join the ranks of your slaves, his empty eyes staring at horrors only he can see.

As you return, you find Damena and Azen have gathered the corpses and carefully flayed them. Good. As they begin doing the same to the captives, whose stubborn silences begin to shatter, you pour some of the energy you have gained into the flesh, merging them into a banner.  Skin and bone flow like water, warping together, forming a tall stone staff.  Atop it is a strangely stiff rectangle of dried skin with crossed scythes burned into it. Low moans rise from all around it, as shivers of a dark pleasure and pain wrack their body. Banner kneels before you, and you ram the bony rod of the banner into his back, merging it with his spine. The dark green veins of his flesh bulge and spread, and his eyes turn into pitiless green orbs. Those who follow him into battle will know neither fear nor pain, only a twisted pleasure that is an agony of its own. 

Banner’s roars drown out the screams of the sacrifices as at long last they die, and he drops to his knees again. “I serve.” He whispers. And you laugh. Good, Beast of Battle.

Spoiler: Beleth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Champions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 09, 2018, 10:15:21 am »

Now we torture the remaining ones until they break.

Edit: I think it is feasible enough to go create more beings like Banner. Each combined with a terrorising artifact and quite demonic in nature.  I suggest we look for a well spoken tribe member to twist into a diplomat of sorts. After this battle we can probably get tributes from the other tribes.

Lets focus our torturing on the survivong shamans and if we manage to convince one we can use him as a messenger diplomat fie nd.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 10:20:25 am by Detoxicated »

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 09, 2018, 10:30:46 am »

Are there Vulture like creatures?

After a battle like this there should be some around.

My goal is to create a species that are Ghouls of the Air and look like a mix of Vulture and Harpie on the female side and 4 legged Griffins with Vulture Heads on the male side, only able to eat rotten meat, attacking to have their rot inducing saliva create painful wounds and kill the enemies long after they have left.

Let them mingle with our kids, so they can play with the eyestalks together and form some bonds.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 09, 2018, 11:16:37 am »

A quick change to the power allocation.

43 power:
5=Totems
18=Worship
10=Weapons
5=Mining
5=Scouting for tribes

At this point it's pretty clear to the other tribes that something's up, so I say we take the inititiave and start infiltrating them first. Step one to infiltration: Figure out where, what and who you're infiltrating.

Also, before we change other power allocation, how much bronze and other materials do we have stocked up by now and how many weapons could the Scythes make with the bronze? Does anyone know how to make metal armour and, if so, how much armour could they make? Speaking of weapons, how many do we have so far and what are they?
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 09, 2018, 11:50:26 am »

I'm not sure we can infiltrate to the other tribes, but knowing who to take over around us is a good idea
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 09, 2018, 11:52:42 am »

We do need information.

Create a couple of magically stealthy, capable scouts?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 09, 2018, 11:56:29 am »

We do need information.

Create a couple of magically stealthy, capable scouts?
I'm more in favor of turning some flying animals to scouts
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 09, 2018, 12:15:29 pm »

Will they be able to relay complex information back to us? I also like the idea of magical scouts being able to sabotage enemy encampments.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 09, 2018, 12:22:03 pm »

Will they be able to relay complex information back to us? I also like the idea of magical scouts being able to sabotage enemy encampments.
You probobly right, I just like the idea of murder birds

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 09, 2018, 12:36:52 pm »

Well all you'd need for that is a group of crows.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 09, 2018, 01:20:10 pm »

Well all you'd need for that is a group of crows.
or hell rabbits with wings

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 09, 2018, 02:19:09 pm »

Crows are better. Less effort to corrupt and mutate, not to mention they're more natural. After all, seeing a bunch of crows circling overhead is weird but seeing FLYING RABBITS WITH WINGS is just downright ridiculous.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38