Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38

Author Topic: The Exiled Demon  (Read 36982 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: The Exiled Demon
« Reply #345 on: October 07, 2018, 06:42:16 pm »

I mean, if you light a torch near it when it's dark It's shadow probably looks big.

Seriously though, how is a pig-sized creature 'huge'?
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 07, 2018, 06:48:00 pm »

1. Tell all our followers to arm themselves and find the most advantageous terrain possible.

2. Keep as many of our creatures hidden so we can spring them on the enemy when they've already committed themselves to battle.

3. Sacrifice like a dozen slaves to boost our personal physical and magical power, we're gonna need it.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 07, 2018, 07:18:04 pm »

1. Tell all our followers to arm themselves and find the most advantageous terrain possible.

2. Keep as many of our creatures hidden so we can spring them on the enemy when they've already committed themselves to battle.

3. Sacrifice like a dozen slaves to boost our personal physical and magical power, we're gonna need it.

+1

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 07, 2018, 07:20:29 pm »

+1
+1
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 07, 2018, 07:49:21 pm »

I don't think the hoop destroys evil so much as it just... Destroys. The tribe used it for general defence, and I doubt they were getting attacked by demons all that much. It even said they were trying to shoot it at our regular dudes in the beginning.
It's just warded against evil that tries to tamper with it.

I think we ought to use the hoop to lay down some fire on the attackers.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 08, 2018, 03:31:23 am »

do we have spirit hearts left? if so, can we use one, overloaded with evil, as a grenade?
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 08, 2018, 06:43:38 am »

+1
+1
I think we ought to use the hoop to lay down some fire on the attackers.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 08, 2018, 02:22:13 pm »

They halt a fair distance away from you, watching nervously, the shamans whispering together. No matter, you will be more than a match for them. The beasts slip into tunnels and crannies as best they can, the elephenea shuffling behind the central mound to conceal its bulk, the leplenas finding patches of grass. Your followers pen all but a dozen slaves into one of the tunnels, and they watch, eyes dull but some still finding the strength to be horrified as one by one, the unlucky dozen are tied down before your throne, their backs bent painfully over high stone altars so that their limbs creak with the strain and their terrified faces are forced to gaze upon your cruel visage.

Their screams echo through the night, disturbing the dreams of those who dare to enter your domain, making them stir uneasily. The shamans and their chiefs walk among them however, and keep them steady, and none break. No matter. That was not the purpose of this sacrifice. You seem to stand taller, your eyes gleaming with malevolent strength as the last of the blood soaks its way into the unhallowed ground. Your strength grows beyond any height it has achieved since you came to this miserable world, your mind expanding, your body hardening. The ground trembles beneath your feet, and little watchstalk-like plants sprout beneath your feet, although they die off in seconds as you walk forwards, and no new ones grow. You raise your axe over your head, your warriors taking final moments to steel themselves as they find places to make their stand.

The shamans come forth and begin an intonation. Something about mercy and forgiveness and the ancestors. Azen calls on the power of the hoop, and it answers. Fire blazes around them, although they manage to jump backwards from it, just the sight of that again unnerves the warriors. But there is no time to be hesitant, as arrows and sling stones rain down on them. Samana directs the warriors with lethal precision, and several fall onto the shamans, killing one and wounding another before some spell is created to fend off the projectiles. Many other warriors drop as well, their return fire hampered somewhat by the pace they are setting.

Damena sends his magic into the ground, making it into a noxious mud, the smell making some vomit and the sudden change in terrain slowing the rest, but they still charge forth, and soon they shall be close enough to fight blade to blade. Then Banner enters the fray, Azen raining down more fire, although he can only catch a man or two at a time.  Skeletons of some sort cavort around Banner, and things with massive heads distorted with rage. Vile spirits of misfortune and wrath he corralled over the weeks you worked on the hoop are set loose, and they wreak havoc, warriors turning on each other and howling their wrath, others tripping and falling onto their spears by apparent accident. The shamans again manage to escape the worst of the effects, protecting a small knot of scarred and well-armed warriors who have managed to reach the hills.

Where they find you. Your axe cleaves through a dozen of them before they can even react, chewing through flesh, and then the survivors find their own limbs snapping and shattering under the weight of your rage, leaving thirty helpless men and women sobbing in the mud.

With their fall, the heart goes out of the remainder. Some flee, some die, some fall to their knees and beg for mercy. The battle is over, and with only a scant few casualties on your side. While it will be near impossible to find all who fled, it will take a long time before any sort of organized response is created, and you may well find yourself with some new recruits from this.

Spoiler: Beleth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Champions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 08, 2018, 02:39:45 pm »

We found ourselves our next targets, we get recruits and plan attack on the tribes that they came from.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 08, 2018, 03:06:25 pm »

Do the whole "join us, or get eaten/sacrificed", thing.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 08, 2018, 03:20:56 pm »

This should really just be assumed to be the next step every time we're in this situation.
We will, of course, ensure that all those who join are suitable for work inside the week. Even if we have to twist their bodies into suitable formats for hat if they're not healing fast enough.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 08, 2018, 03:24:30 pm »

This should really just be assumed to be the next step every time we're in this situation.
We will, of course, ensure that all those who join are suitable for work inside the week. Even if we have to twist their bodies into suitable formats for hat if they're not healing fast enough.
Yea, if one of the shamans is willing to join I think we should corrupt the one anyway
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 08, 2018, 04:59:56 pm »

For the immediate moment, let's send out a party and ourselves to capture the fleeing losers. I would still like to make greater numbers.

Those who did not flee but begged for mercy should be made full members. Those who flee and are captured should be made slaves.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 08, 2018, 06:24:24 pm »

+1

Also let us gather their corpses and use them to create an artifact banner made of their skin and theit hair, while their bones are used to hold the banner. Ram the Banner of the Fallen Enemy into the back of Banner to make him our Beast of Battle.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 08, 2018, 06:47:31 pm »

For the immediate moment, let's send out a party and ourselves to capture the fleeing losers. I would still like to make greater numbers.

Those who did not flee but begged for mercy should be made full members. Those who flee and are captured should be made slaves.
Yes.

+1

Also let us gather their corpses and use them to create an artifact banner made of their skin and theit hair, while their bones are used to hold the banner. Ram the Banner of the Fallen Enemy into the back of Banner to make him our Beast of Battle.
Also yes. Only make it somewhat painful, though, and with an equivalent amount of pleasure from it. Best to treat our followers well, at least for the time being.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38