Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38

Author Topic: The Exiled Demon  (Read 37042 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: The Exiled Demon
« Reply #285 on: October 04, 2018, 07:08:09 am »

How about dropping totems entirely for now and allocating said power to construct that temple azen planned.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 04, 2018, 07:13:45 am »

Urist, how many totems do we have so far?

EDIT: Also, do the two clans we've taken over have any kind of flag or symbol that represents them?
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 04, 2018, 07:41:09 am »

How about this? I imagine we have plenty of totems by now and this is at least a start to proper mining.
Sure
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 04, 2018, 08:18:52 am »

They don’t really have any symbols. And you probably have several hundred small wood or stone ones, a dozen large wood or stone ones, and one large copper one.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 04, 2018, 10:05:49 am »

I guess we should start working on getting a symbol
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 10:09:12 am by Basil ii »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 04, 2018, 10:09:48 am »

A scythe. Duh.
They're our Scythes. Their symbol is the scythe. This need not be complicated.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 04, 2018, 10:13:30 am »

A scythe.
1+ wait a minute how does our cult know what a scythe looks like? They are pre agricultural...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 10:19:45 am by Basil ii »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 04, 2018, 10:20:02 am »

Dark red on left side of background, light red on right side. Right side has two dark red scythes crossed like an X with a single blood drop dripping from each. Left side has a light red bull's head. Black may be preferable over light red.

That's my flag proposal. It represents the Scythes who first joined our eventually-to-be grand empire and ourself. Probably would be pretty simple to make with something like MSPaint too.

Just the crossed scythes with a single blood drop dripping from each to represent the Scythes themselves would probably be fine. May want to alter the colours though, not sure.

As for symbols, a Bull's head with scythes crossed in front of it for our main symbol and just a scythe for the Scythes are my proposals.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 04, 2018, 10:40:47 am »

We need a way to increase our numbers.

Force our slaves to breed and have the children cared for by our tribe. A bit of demonic presence should make them grow up faster. Also try to give them minor corruptions while in the womb.

What did we do with that barely alive spirit and can it be corrupted? Maybe turn it into a living totem?
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 04, 2018, 11:02:10 am »

I'd prefer if the stronger members of the tribe breed instead, since strength is somewhat important to fighting. Besides, it's likely to happen naturally anyway and we can alway get more people from other tribes.

I do agree with turning the spirit into a living totem if possible though.

wait a minute how does our cult know what a scythe looks like? They are pre agricultural...
We can easily teach them what a scythe is, we've been to enough worlds to know enough about it to explain it to them.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 04, 2018, 11:53:21 am »

I'd prefer if the stronger members of the tribe breed instead, since strength is somewhat important to fighting. Besides, it's likely to happen naturally anyway and we can alway get more people from other tribes.
I think we should most of all focus on food production we can’t rely only on trade/hunting to supply such a large population. We really need to invent agricultural as fast as possible. After all we can make our minions incredible strong but they can’t do anything if they are starving to death.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 11:58:50 am by Basil ii »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 04, 2018, 12:44:56 pm »

That can stay on hold for now, we have more important things to deal with first. Like making weapons and better fortifying our Bastion so we can survive an attack.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 04, 2018, 12:57:07 pm »

So adjust power to add 5 mining, have followers and servants breed(with some corruption and fertility magic), go hunting for spirits, and teach them the basics of agriculture?

You don’t really know what plants would be good for farming. You can try and find something, or you can make something.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 04, 2018, 01:08:00 pm »

You don’t really know what plants would be good for farming. You can try and find something, or you can make something.
I think if we are trying to discover agriculture it would be far better to make one ourselves so that we can tailor it to fit our needs rather than playing the lottery and hoping for a good quality crop out in the wilds
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 01:09:41 pm by Basil ii »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 04, 2018, 01:17:11 pm »

I think I can talk for all players when I say we truely enjoy this game.  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38