Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38

Author Topic: The Exiled Demon  (Read 37075 times)

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Exiled Demon
« Reply #255 on: October 02, 2018, 11:20:12 am »

So consensus is corrupt the hoop, offer the survivors a choice between following you, being disfigured and enslaved,being eaten, or fighting as gladiators, and make the shaman another champion.
yep

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 02, 2018, 11:28:59 am »

So consensus is corrupt the hoop, offer the survivors a choice between following you, being disfigured and enslaved,being eaten, or fighting as gladiators, and make the shaman another champion.
yep
+1

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 02, 2018, 01:27:22 pm »

The new shaman and your other new followers kneel before you, grins on their face as their bound former friends and family hurl abuse at them, although many are silent with sheer dread as will. You step forwards, in all your terrible glory, and hold up the head of their chief, who Samana killed during the fight. You pluck out the eyes and eat as you speak, offering them a choice.

When you finish speaking, there is a long silence. Many had their wills weakened by your onslaught of nightmares and the sudden, vicious assault. They look nervously into the cruel eyes of beasts both human and animal for a long moment. Fifteen speak.” We will serve.” And several variations ring out.

Your warriors step forth, and cut their bonds. The rest remain stubbornly silent. Then you grab the closest one, a young woman, and begin to eat her. Slowly. Quickly, people shout out, begging to be slaves, begging to serve you, begging to fight. Surprisingly, no one chooses to be eaten. Ah well, this meal has sated you plenty.

Those who chose to be slaves are set free, and made to hold out their tongues. One by one, the burnwolf walks up to them and bites it off, its hot jaws cauterizing the wound. Samana follows behind, delivering a vicious slash to their face. And then they are immediately set to work, as Damena and the new shaman  - Azen – begin to plan a proper temple for you, having the space before one of the hills cleared. They begin marking out where the arena will go, eyes wide with eagerness to fulfill your will. Meanwhile, those who joined you willingly begin repairing the forges, readying themselves to make weapons or totems for you…whatever you wish.

You have one final task. You take as much of the ambient evil and violence that suffuses this place, drawing on a little of your own strength as well, and begin pressing it into the hoop. Surprisingly, it resists, and slips from your grasp. You will need to find another method.

Soon the fires are burning once more, and slaves and cultists alike are working in the mines, while you relax on your throne, watching as the arena is built. A few large rocks from outside are brought in through the tunnel – which is now heavily guarded. They are slowly being carved to make statues of you in various moments of triumph. You now have enough followers that their worship and the everyday cruelties they inflict are enough to grant you some strength, and it tastes glorious. You have made a good start…but you will need to do more. And you want to. How shall your conquest progress next?

Spoiler: Beleth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Champions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 10:27:06 pm by Urist Mc Dwarf »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 02, 2018, 01:49:17 pm »

Well first we should get that hoop corrupted. I suggest gaining some spirit hearts, corrupting them and using them as dark sacrificial energy sources to burat through the protective shell of the hoop. Beforehand we should gain more insight about the hoops nature by questioning Azem.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 02, 2018, 02:15:57 pm »

We also need to assign the rest of that power, I noticed it's been somewhat neglected since it was first introduced. I have an idea.

39 Power:
19=Worship
10=Weapons
10=Totem

We keep totem production the same and start producing proper weapons to prepare for future conquests and to defend our new fort if someone attacks. I'm thinking we should also turn weapon production into fortifying the Bastion and once everyone who needs a weapon has a weapon. We can probably figure out the hoop ourselves and if we can't we can always figure it out later since it doesn't seem to pose an immediate threat.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 02, 2018, 02:20:52 pm »

We also need to assign the rest of that power, I noticed it's been somewhat neglected since it was first introduced. I have an idea.

39 Power:
19=Worship
10=Weapons
10=Totem

We keep totem production the same and start producing proper weapons to prepare for future conquests and to defend our new fort if someone attacks. I'm thinking we should also turn weapon production into fortifying the Bastion and once everyone who needs a weapon has a weapon. We can probably figure out the hoop ourselves and if we can't we can always figure it out later since it doesn't seem to pose an immediate threat.
+1
Regarding hoop: have the silver removed and melted down, to be used to plate the weapons of our most loyal fighters. Then replace their spots in the hoop with brimstone.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 02, 2018, 02:27:23 pm »

I rather try to keep the artifact in tact instead of meltibg it.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 02, 2018, 04:29:55 pm »

I think the silver is the problem though. Traditionally, silver is a metal of purity. (Hence it's killing wherewolves and the like in legends)

Azen was the one to make the hoop, right? Let's have him work on it. Perhaps if we could paste the silver with gold, a metal representing greed and general bad things, we could more easily corrupt it. Have Azen work with the metalsmiths to plate the circle in gold leafing.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 02, 2018, 04:33:46 pm »

Don't want to start an offtopic discussion about symbolic implications of metal now, but I have the feeling ot has more to do with the carving and other preperations done to it than with the metal. I guess that shaman should know why It is not corruptible for now so we should ask him before anything.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 02, 2018, 06:54:14 pm »

Don't want to start an offtopic discussion about symbolic implications of metal now, but I have the feeling ot has more to do with the carving and other preperations done to it than with the metal. I guess that shaman should know why It is not corruptible for now so we should ask him before anything.
Makes sense.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 02, 2018, 07:30:35 pm »

+1 to asking the shaman about how the hell the hoop works
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 02, 2018, 10:03:58 pm »

We should keep the hoop and have the shamans figure out a way to use it while not hurting us.

We might have to face other demons and why not use the power of holy magics to do so.

Keep it hidden for now.

Meanwhile we need no new totems.  Cruel blades of bronze and spear tops are all the totems we need.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 02, 2018, 10:06:22 pm »

Work progresses, but you decide to return your attention to the hoop. You find Azen teaching a few of your cultists a spell for forging, but he is quick to turn to you. You explain what you want to know, and he bows his head.” Lord of Scythes, that hoop was there before there were even the Caz. I know how to make it work, but not its origin nor its function nor how it resists you.” Frusturating.

You think you have a way to break that hoop. Enough power might do the trick, and spirits are a great source of power, as you have found out. You distribute a few orders to your followers, and they redouble their efforts to forge and worship.

Then you leave, soaring through the sky once more, senses sharp for spirits. You find a few, minor spirits, one of a hill, one of a cluster of trees, one of some birds. None of them dare fight you, but all flee successfully.  Eventually, you catch another bird spirit, and cleave it in two. This time, you manage to capture the corpse near intact, including it’s still beating heart.

Even better, it seems to be part of a flock, and they are absolutely enraged past the point of caring if they live or die. Your axe cleaves through them like they are made of grass, although by the time you have killed the last one, their bodies are mostly gone, and you only gain one more heart and a few extra feathers. But there’s one last spirit you spot, one so weak you don’t even both killing it. Instead, you just nearly crush the life out of it, enjoying its futile shrieks of agony as you return home to burning forges. A few slaves apparently tried to stage a rebellion, but they were easily defeated and cast into fires. The screams make a wonderful song for your return.

Even better, Damena had some kind of vision, and he found several veins of a new metal which he insisted on adding to the copper. It seems to greatly improve the strength of the metal.

You turn your attention to the hearts, pouring evil into them. Like the heart within Banner, there is only so much they will accept. You know from experience however, that they will fully corrupt on their own, so you place them on your throne and return to enjoying your follower’s praise and labor.

Spoiler: Beleth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Champions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 10:27:18 pm by Urist Mc Dwarf »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 02, 2018, 10:30:57 pm »

See if the extra spirit power and corruption can break this fucking hoop.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 02, 2018, 11:54:54 pm »

See if the extra spirit power and corruption can break this fucking hoop.
If we can corrupt it even better
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38