Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 38

Author Topic: The Exiled Demon  (Read 36994 times)

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Exiled Demon
« Reply #180 on: September 22, 2018, 03:23:32 pm »

Samana, seeing you simply watch, rushes up and cuts at the man’s hand, cutting it off as the wolf tears into his chest, leaving a bloody, blistered gash. He lifts his arm, severed at the wrist, to futilely bat at his attackers, and then you intervene.

”Enough.” you command, and Samana grabs the wolf, enduring the heat of its hide and pulling it off the man. You tower over him as he sobs, and prays to his ancestors for mercy. Then much to his shock, the bleeding slows and then ceases. ”Serve me well and faithfully. Or you will feel your wounds once more.” you command, as you use the evil generated by his torment, along with some faint residue that drifts on the wind, to halt the effects of his wounds. He nervously bows his head, unwilling to thank you or offer praise, but too scared to try and defy you again.

You could use his knowledge of the secret tunnel to mount an attack on the Caz, or you can continue towards the Satva. Or do something else. You should also probably do something about those various animals, if only to make it easier to command them.

Spoiler: Beleth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Champions (click to show/hide)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 22, 2018, 05:07:03 pm »

Even though we can duck the magic tower now, the caz still outnumber us 4 to 1 and they have metal while we have none. Let's bring the Satva into the fold first, they seem like good warriors. Then maybe we can hit the caz through their tunnel.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 22, 2018, 05:24:35 pm »

Even though we can duck the magic tower now, the caz still outnumber us 4 to 1 and they have metal while we have none. Let's bring the Satva into the fold first, they seem like good warriors. Then maybe we can hit the caz through their tunnel.
+1 we should also take some time to make metal before the attack on Caz
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 22, 2018, 06:28:56 pm »

+1 to all of this.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 22, 2018, 06:59:42 pm »

+1 to all of this.
+1 to all of this as well.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 22, 2018, 07:00:07 pm »

o_o

...*quietly backs out of thread*

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 22, 2018, 09:12:56 pm »

Sorry Caz. Not really. Demons don’t apologize.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 22, 2018, 09:14:07 pm »

No Caz come back we're talking about other Caz
Probably

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 22, 2018, 09:32:29 pm »

I would like consensus on what to do with the animals. Will you corrupt them, release them, leave them to mutate on their own?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 22, 2018, 09:55:43 pm »

Random, natural mutations sounds fun.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 23, 2018, 01:06:26 am »

I say to let them mutate randomly, but make sure that we have their loyalty.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 23, 2018, 07:29:37 am »

I say to let them mutate randomly, but make sure that we have their loyalty.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 24, 2018, 06:22:20 pm »

Sorry for the delay, the site has been down for me. I will update shortly.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 24, 2018, 06:34:04 pm »

Sorry for the delay, the site has been down for me. I will update shortly.
The site has been down for everyone for a day or so.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 24, 2018, 06:41:07 pm »

The Satva sit around the campfire, 45 of them in all. All but nine are human, the others being natural mixes of human and buffalo. One looks quite a bit like a lesser version of you. They are busily engaged in a dozen minor tasks – scraping hides, hammering out new tools, and playing some sort of game with carven sticks.

They never see the attack coming. Your leplenas each mark a target, and they leap at them, jaws extending outwards and tearing chunks of flesh from their chosen victims. A series of screams rise up, as panic spreads through their ranks, and they tighten around the fire, those not already armed snatching at burning branches. For a moment all is quiet, as they struggle to see beyond the light of the fire. Then a young woman begins to chant…and you and Damena strike.

You lead the spell, simply drawing on his strength to lend a little extra potency to your magic. You make the fire spread, higher, faster than normally possible, engulfing those closest to it. They fall screaming and thrashing, driving the people outwards, into the dark. Blinded by the light, they do not see your warriors until it is too late, and the grinning visages and blasphemous runes are the last thing several of them see.

Most are only knocked down and restrained however. The fight is brief, and only one of yours was even injured. Soon you stand over the defeated remnants of the Satva…there are about thirty of them left, and nearly half are seriously burned. The shaman lies gagged at your feet, as does the chief, the largest of the beastfolk.

With an almost dismissive gesture, you twist your animals to ensure their obedience and loyalty. It take a little more power than you expected, but no matter.

Now the only question left is what to do with the survivors…

Spoiler: Beleth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Champions (click to show/hide)

Feel free to suggest some names for the ratlike creatures, I don't really have any good ideas.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 38