Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 38

Author Topic: The Exiled Demon  (Read 36939 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Exiled Demon
« Reply #120 on: September 18, 2018, 08:08:50 am »

They will already obey your every command to the best of their ability. Do you mean to train them to be better at hunting and such?
Okay, in that case let's just order them to befriend the cultists and work together to secure food and blood for everyone.
I am against consuming the heart. It will likely buff our stats, but our stats are fine at the moment. We could probably use it to create a powerful servant though, and we defiantly need more of those at this stage. Also, we should use the bits we got to make a weapon. Hell, we could even use the heart as part of the weapon.
+1 to both.
+1
Consuming was a bad idea, I really like the weapon aproach...
+1 I prefer a supernatural servent but a weapon would be cool
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 18, 2018, 08:08:51 am »

Ok. And what’s the stance on the lizards?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 18, 2018, 08:10:58 am »

Ok. And what’s the stance on the lizards?
I thought they come with us when we return to the cult
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 18, 2018, 08:33:28 am »

We should keep them wild.  Instead of domesticating the lions, mutate some lizards to become more wild and command the lions with predatory intelligence.

I was referring to this.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 18, 2018, 08:50:55 am »

I don't think anybody voted for that.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 18, 2018, 09:01:40 am »

Ok. Update will be in a couple hours then.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 18, 2018, 11:21:32 am »

With a laugh of pleasure, you imprint upon the beasts an image of your Scythes, and send them off to find them. Then you take up the hide and claws and teeth, and consider how best to forge them into a weapon. They thrum with potential and power, of a sort unfamiliar to you, but you are certain you can make something mighty with them…An idea comes to you.

While you were no great craftsman, you once had some skill in the making of weapons, and you think you can make something. Quickly, you search for a tree and find one, tearing a massive branch off. With your claws you shave it down into a smooth round shaft, and take the hide, winding it about to make a grip, tying the tooth on to one end and the claws to the other, making an axe of sorts.

Now you face a decision. Do you leave the weapon as is, infuse it with evil, or use the heart? As you ponder what should be done, you begin flying back towards your cult, or perhaps elsewhere…

Spoiler: Beleth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Champions (click to show/hide)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 18, 2018, 11:33:47 am »

To the cult, and with evil, the heart would have a greater use then this

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 18, 2018, 11:35:36 am »

+1
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 18, 2018, 12:10:44 pm »

+1
1+

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 18, 2018, 12:23:54 pm »

+1
1+
+1

Edit: I thought about it for a while. When we reach our tribe we can order them to construct a small amphitheatre and send out messengers to all tribes to find out who is the strongest warrior. The bloodshed will strengthen us and maybe we can convert some other tribes that way.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 12:36:05 pm by Detoxicated »

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 18, 2018, 12:43:36 pm »

The heart you shall find a greater purpose for, this weapon needs naught but malevolence to make it into a thing of lethal cruelty. It is about an hour’s flight to your cult, as they have been traveling since you left. Damena marches at the head, chanting about your glory. You can sense Samana leading a small party of hunters, coming back with a variety of animals both dead and alive. You spy several cultists carving sticks into crude representations of your form – most everyone has at least one now.

They pause for a break at a stand of trees, and that is when you reveal yourself, drifting out of the sky. Once more they kneel and you drink in their adulation, before telling them of your exploits. Damena resumes his chant, describing how the Scythe King vanquished the false spirit and will bring ruin upon all who defy him…he has quite the way with words.

You send a brief command to Samana, and feel him hasten to you, leaving most of the party behind to carry to you an offering of flesh both dead and alive. Soon enough he kneels before you, a small horselike creature dead and discarded, while struggling weakly in his grasp is some large lizard with vicious needlelike fangs. You can tell it is highly venomous, and by the way a couple of the cultists look, it was once sacred.

It will serve. Slowly, over the course of hours, as the other hunters trickle in, you torture it to death, peeling scales off one by one and crunching them to the ground.

A couple other lizards are brought by the other hunters, and you have them join in. Other animals are staked down for your consideration later, and a crude altar is made from the stump of a fallen tree. You inhale the sweet smell of spilled blood and broken taboos, and summon all the evil generated into a noxious whirlwind. With ease, you funnel every drop you can manage into your weapon, and it is suffused, transformed, turned into a thing of horror.

The claws merge to form one thick blade that will never dull, the broken tooth lengthens and strengthens, turning into a wicked, barbed point. The haft turns from wood to some unnatural material that is warm to the touch, feeling almost like skinned flesh. You nod, recognizing it for an adequate weapon…and then it transforms. A faint, noxious green light begins to shine, and you can feel the energy the blade gives off.

This, this is something special.  A weapon of near legendary might, it will enhance the strength and skill of any who wield it. You suspect there is magic in it as well. You are not certain of what kind though. It seems unformed. Perhaps naming it will help shape the power within?

Spoiler: Beleth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Champions (click to show/hide)

About the arena: you can certainly try it, but you will need to find a food source if you intend to stay anywhere for a particular length of time, and the other tribes likely will not care about yours.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 18, 2018, 01:05:21 pm »

So is our magic 2ish or 20ish?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 18, 2018, 01:08:39 pm »

20ish, depending on how powerful the weapon’s magic is. Which will be based off a combination of dice and the name. The exact nature of the powers will also be based off dice and the name, although it does have a minimum ability.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 18, 2018, 01:14:14 pm »

Let us choose Spirit Robber the Fang of Despair as name.
For now we should hang out with Damena and learn about the magic he uses so we can maybe expand upon that.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 38