Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 38

Author Topic: The Exiled Demon  (Read 36874 times)

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Exiled Demon
« Reply #435 on: November 01, 2018, 06:31:40 pm »

” For our first trade, I offer you a gift. We shall return to my hold. You shall give me your…companions, and I will give you copper.” you offer, and there is a tense moment as the People ready themselves to flee or fight. The speaker shakes her head though. “They have committed no crime.” You shrug, and then the conversation shifts. The speaker asks to see your hold, and you all journey back to the Shade Bastion. As you do, you pump the speaker for information, and learn that the Crystal is supposedly a divine gift from Those Within The World, who built the great city of Tirith which the empire revolves around. They are not a superstitious folk, paying heed to spirits only when needed and only worshipping Those Within and the Crystal Throne, which the woman insists all are utterly loyal to.

The seductress, making conversation with the soldiers, learns of deadly conflicts among the higher ranked and a near constant threat of rebellion from their largest vassal, Darkaza, in mountains just south of Tirith. Soon you reach the Bastion, where the watchstalks catches the attention of the speaker.

Spoiler: Beleth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Champions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 01, 2018, 06:53:33 pm »

Act as if there is nothing unusual about the situation.
Well, in the way that non-demons would act as if there is nothing unusual about the situation, at least. 
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 01, 2018, 11:18:24 pm »

When she looks at the watchstalks mention that copper is the least of the gifts we could offer in trade.

Let them know we have power but let it be mysterious and shit.  I mean sure we are a brute but that kind of lying and corrupting through words comes naturally.

I suspect that this one is the equivalent of a true believer priest in loyalty, but those she reports to will have someone interested in making deals with us.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 02, 2018, 01:16:46 am »

When she looks at the watchstalks mention that copper is the least of the gifts we could offer in trade.

+1.  Also: Pause at the witchstalks. Linger, and  hear her questions.  Let her and  the  attendants get soaked in the aura they emit, amplifying the greed of the Crystals and the resentment  felt by the Scales.  Hopefully, one of them snaps.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 02, 2018, 05:28:55 am »

Well, in the way that non-demons would act as if there is nothing unusual about the situation, at least. 

+1.  Also: Pause at the witchstalks. Linger, and  hear her questions.  Let her and  the  attendants get soaked in the aura they emit, amplifying the greed of the Crystals and the resentment  felt by the Scales.  Hopefully, one of them snaps.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Svrangite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 02, 2018, 06:51:51 am »

+1
+1

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 02, 2018, 06:54:10 am »

+1
+1
+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 02, 2018, 12:22:00 pm »

You ignore the watchstalks, acting as though they are just normal plants, speaking briefly with Azen, issuing a few commands to Samana, nodding impatiently as Damena discusses minor matters. After a few minutes, giving your companions some time to be unnerved by the watchstalks, using their distraction to weaken their mental defenses and allow you to amplify their emotions. She asks about where you found them, and inquires about the unusually large number of predators and crows about, all seemingly working alongside the people of the Bastion.

You evade giving her concrete answers, simply noting that you have more to offer than simple metals, and idly musing about what the benefits for the empire would be if such gifts were more widespread…She begins to grin broadly as visions of vast rewards fill her head, while the People of the Scale grow ever more restive. You are near certain one is about to launch an attack of some kind.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 02, 2018, 12:38:29 pm »

Be prepared to kill this treasonous dog who would dare attack a future ally during negotiation, wink wink, but not too prepared, because he should get the chance to do a little damage first.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 02, 2018, 01:01:53 pm »

Be prepared to kill this treasonous dog who would dare attack a future ally during negotiation, wink wink, but not too prepared, because he should get the chance to do a little damage first.
+1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 02, 2018, 02:50:24 pm »

+1

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 02, 2018, 03:08:35 pm »

+1

+1

+1. If it's a warrior, merely disable him when he attacks, and plant a seed in him. Humiliating one of the Scale's champions will  further fuel their rage and shame,  making them easily corruptible.  Plus, it will bolster our reputation with the Crystals. If  it's the shaman that tries something, just use it as proof of the  ancestor's  inferiority.  It's unlikely that many spirits live around the bastion anymore, and those that do are more like us. Regardless of who does attack, make a quip about  how impertinent  their.... companions are.  Her greed should be able to do the rest.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 03:30:25 pm by WyrdByrd »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 02, 2018, 03:31:59 pm »

+1

+1

+1. If it's a warrior, merely disable him when he attacks, and plant a seed in him. Humiliating one of the Scale's champions will  further fuel their rage and shame,  making them easily corruptible.  Plus, it will bolster our reputation with the Crystals. If  it's the shaman that tries something, just use it as proof of the  ancestor's  inferiority.  It's unlikely that many spirits live around the bastion anymore, and those that do are more like us. Regardless of who does attack, make a quip about  how impertinent  their.... companions are.  Her greed should be able to do the rest.
+1
Also once thats done have our crows scout the lands for settlements

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 02, 2018, 07:20:55 pm »

A few more discussions ensue, with the Speaker trying to find out more. She begins to consider various possibilities of what this knowledge could do for her personally – not her people – and she opens up the bargaining a little, suggesting that perhaps some of the crystal would be given to loyal and faithful servants.

This seems to the limit for the People of the Scale though, as one of them steps forwards, attempting to hew you down from behind. You allow him to strike a blow on your back, then you spin and slash your claws across the inside of his wrist, making him drop the axe as his hand hangs limp. To his credit, he draws a knife and tries to stab you again.

You simply slap him to the ground, enjoying the sound his head makes when it hits the grounds. The watchstalks lean towards him as you step on his back and grind him into the dirt. “Such behavior.” You comment idly. “These loyal subjects of the Crystal Throne seem…disobedient.” You plant a second seed of corruption, twisting his rage into something darker, although unfortunately its directed purely at you right now.
The Speaker and her guards gape in shock for a moment, before glancing at the other two People, who do not move, their eyes lowered. “ I have business which will take me elsewhere…but I will return with your first group of slaves within twelve days.” She says, trying to recover. “Is there anything else you wish to discuss?”

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 03, 2018, 12:04:49 am »

Mention that the offers need not solely be connected to slaves. We would be willing to negotiate prices for any exotic beasts brought to the Bastion.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 38