Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Monster Slayers killing animal people  (Read 648 times)

Khorinis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Monster Slayers killing animal people
« on: September 04, 2018, 02:36:30 am »

I caught a couple of black bear people and tried to put them out of their cage and restrain them but when I try to do it the monster slayers in my fort attack them and murder them instantly, is this a bug?   ??? :(

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Slayers killing animal people
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 02:44:13 am »

Haven't heard of it before, but yes, probably, as monster slayers seem intent on slaughtering all wildlife below ground, but not on the surface. I've had occasional animal people killed on the surface, but I haven't investigated who did it or why, as they sometimes get into scuffles with dorfs, and so can presumably get into conflict with others as well. I turn away all monster slayers, but new ones come anyway, so there's opportunity. I guess it's time to take a look at surface animal people deaths in the future.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Slayers killing animal people
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 06:12:47 am »

Visitors can't understand the difference between a dangerous monster loose in the fortress and a dangerous monster being safely transfered and will attack immediately if they see either. It seems that monster slayers behave the same even when granted residence. Yes, I think it's a bug.

This annoys me to no end since my forts tend to make good use of captive monsters. I've had to build whole separate airlocked visitor areas to avoid my valuable wild critters getting slaughtered.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?