Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Stellar Warlords (6/6) Turn 1  (Read 1430 times)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Stellar Warlords (6/6) Turn 1
« on: August 27, 2018, 10:27:27 pm »

Stellar Warlords.

At the genesis of interstellar travel, earth and humanity as a whole were united. They colonized many worlds with great superluminal Ark ships, which streaked through the cosmos with the brilliant light of a united ambition. These were the early days, when it seemed nothing could stop us.

You all arrived on an ark ship together to the Massie Sector (Sector MS-3) of space. You are each a founder, an individual tasked with the settlement and operation of a colony here. There are several suitable worlds you can choose from, and they each have advantages and disadvantages. You will split the resources for colonization on the ark equally but be warned. This is no longer the glory days of a united cosmos. When the ark dropped to subluminal speeds you quickly began to catch a backlog of messages from the core worlds. Rebellion, Civil war, and something more… alien were sowing chaos in our distant home. The implications were obvious. Humanity was no longer united, and there was no higher authority to keep you in line. Establish your colonies, build your alliances and federations, and wrest control of this system for yourself. You have the opportunity to be a fresh start to humanity here, and if these others think to endanger that then they must die in fire.

Your First Star System:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Game mechanics:

Faction leader name:
Faction Name:

Faction Fluff: (It doesn't have to be anything long, but give us an idea of who you are.)

Starting System Specs: (See above "Your First Star System")

« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 07:19:01 pm by helmacon »
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Stellar Warlords (0/6)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 02:38:18 am »

Claiming a spot. Will post soon.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 03:32:17 am by Kashyyk »

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 03:32:39 am »

Faction leader name: Emperor Aigresaur the Nth
Faction Name: Aigresaur Dominion

Faction Fluff: A species of affectionate megalomaniac lizard, that want to conquer the universe, meet new people, and breed with them.

Starting System Specs: Planet. the planet. 10 population.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 04:00:21 am »

Just as a warning, but your system allows the creation of infinite Empty Kessler dwarfplanets.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 04:05:05 am »

Spoiler: Sheet Of Wonders (click to show/hide)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 04:15:05 am »

Or a empty kessler dwarf planet that fractals into itself infinite times.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 04:17:33 am by VoidSlayer »

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2018, 04:38:45 am »

Just as a warning, but your system allows the creation of infinite Empty Kessler dwarfplanets.

thanks for the heads up. That is an unfortunate oversight. The Kessler modifier was a final edit and didn't get fully analyzed in light of the other modifiers. It looks like nobody is abusing it, so let's just say there is a limit of 1 dwarf planet per system.

Anyways, first update tomorrow after my classes.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2018, 07:08:28 am »

Faction leader name: The Grand Hierophant
Faction Name: The Righteous and True Seekers Among the Stars

Faction Fluff: "My Children. Today is the Day of Truth! Today is the Day of Recognition! Today is the Day we find our True Home among these Stars as we have long sought it! The unbelievers have long sought to deny our inevitable place in the cosmos! They have long sought to prevent us from reaching the Paradise promised to our ancestors long ago! Even to this day they are making preparations, preparations I say to Trap us and Confine us on a planet is not our Home! It is not where we want to Live! It is not, I say it is not! Where we were Promised! Paradise is within our grasp, but if we do not Reach Out and Take it, then it will slip beyond us once again! Our Promised time is now! We must Seize control of this Arc Ship and we must deliver ourselves to the Promised Land!"

-Final Speech of the Hierophant before the Seeker cult started their assault on the command section of the Arc Ship.

Starting System Specs:
Pirate base! (Unbelievers  >:() (+2)
Planet (-5)
-Paradise world (-2)
Dwarf Planet (-3)
-Empty Planet (+2)
-Kessler syndrome (+1)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 11:30:23 am by Criptfeind »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2018, 01:22:13 pm »

thanks for the heads up. That is an unfortunate oversight. The Kessler modifier was a final edit and didn't get fully analyzed in light of the other modifiers. It looks like nobody is abusing it, so let's just say there is a limit of 1 dwarf planet per system.

Anyways, first update tomorrow after my classes.

Then again, considering how many uninhabitable dwarf planets they are finding out there in our solar system, dozens of dwarf planets wouldn't be unrealistic lol.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2018, 03:12:37 pm »

Faction leader name: First Speaker Andrew Coppel
Faction Name: Sovereign Loetis Commonwealth
Faction Fluff: A technocracy, where most decisions are hammered out between Speakers in a large political forum. It actually works, surprisingly (or it seems to, at least).

Starting System Specs:
Planet (Desert Planet)
Dwarf Planet (Empty, Kessler syndrome)
Suitable Asteroids
Dense Oort Cloud
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 03:53:26 pm by Iridium64 »
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2018, 04:00:29 pm »

Aaaaaaw. I didn't get here in time to claim a spot. Can I waitlist? If so, I'll make a sheet when I'm awake again.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: Stellar Warlords (6/6)
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2018, 07:18:45 pm »

((So, The start timing was a little unfortunate. My uncle started having some drug problems and we all got called in to florida for an intervention. Anyways, i'm back to my regular perch now, so hopefully I can keep this at a regular schedule. Lets Begin.)

So, All of you will be assigned colors.
Scions of Terra (Kashyyk): Blue
Aigresaur Dominion (Aigre Excalibur) : Red
Henotic Hegomony (Shadowclaw777): Yellow
Human Advancement Foundation (VoidSlayer): Green
The Righteous and True Seekers Among the Stars (RTSAS) (Criptfeind): Orange
Sovereign Loetis Commonwealth (Iridium64): Purple

Black systems are unaffiliated.

As such, The Main Map.

Scions of Terra:

Lead by the great Arch-Deacon Batthias Flynt you are the first group to set out from the ark. Frightened by the growing degeneracy of your peers, You are a colony of purists who seek to maintain the old order, even as the home world is in chaos back home.

Your colony ship pushes through a dense cloud of what your seems to be organic matter above a world covered in vegetation. The landing thrusters burn out huge swaths of the undergrowth that will provide enough clearing for you to begin settlement. You scientists inform you that the towering vegetation here is much closer to fungi than any sort of tree. The mess in low orbit is massive spore clouds rising from the jungles around you. Fortunately the atmosphere at ground level is fairly clear, and it appears that much of the fungus here is edible. Your people may do well here.

You have one colony on your jungle world. You should name your planet. It has 3 population. It has 5/10 happiness. Your population has grown by .125 this year.

Aigresaur Dominion:

Led by Emperor Aigresaur the Nth, your people have formed around his cult of personality while upon the ark. Enraptured by his glorious vision of transhumanism, your group has subjected themselves to extensive genetic editing until they are, by all definitions, no longer human. If this change is for the better or worse is no longer discussed. It is, so be it. Driven off the ark for your tendency to still seek out human mates, your people seek to found a new society, where they will not be confined by such dated taboos and social norms.

Your system is large and empty. A single unassuming planet orbiting a massive red star, alone and perfectly situated in the goldilocks zone. Your ship sets down in a wide grassy field, with the coast line just over the horizon. This world is open before you.

You have a single colony on a standard planet. You should give it a name. It has 3 population. It's happiness is at 5/10. Your population has grown by .4 this year.

Henotic Hegomony:

The third group to leave the ark ship was rather odd. There was no one trait that seemed to define them, yet they all seemed drawn together. They left the others without a word, quietly into the abyss. It was not until they began to hatch that the few uninfected humans aboard realized what horror they had found themselves in. For their grizzly origins, they are a rather mundane race. Headed by a royal clan and the revered Imperator Chelicerata, they systematically sweep up the surviving humans as they descend to a desert planet. Unfortunately, near the end of the sweep a desperate human blows an airlock, sending himself, the unfortunate fella sent to detain him, and a dozen farming drones worth of debris scattering out into low orbit.

Your ship sets down on a rocky outcrop next to an oasis, where you can watch the dunes blowing by below.

You have a single colony on a desert planet. You ought to name it. It has a population of 3 It has a happiness of 5/10. Your population has grown by .4 this year.

Human Advancement Foundation:

The human advancement foundation is a pseudo republic technocracy, founded by the remains of the technical team aboard the Ark ship. There is much contention and much shouting by different groups as to the best destination, but eventually one voice rises above the rest. Dr. Jankowski. Citing the cold temperatures for cooling supercomputers and the low gravity as "Super Dope" they settle on a small ice planet in relatively local space. When they get there though, they find things are much different than they assumed.

Upon entering the system they find a large planet previously hidden behind a star beaming with signs of life. Scans indicate all sorts of signals and an archaic radio is constructed to listen in on them. There is even a primitive space station in orbit!

The other surprise is that your dwarf planet is surrounded by debris! Most of this turns out to be the remains of ships form the locals. Failed probes and lander missions. On the surface you find a number of quaint rovers as well, though it seems like they have all been offline for quite a while now.

You build you colony into the side of a crevasse, sheltered from the winds and snow.

You have a single colony on a small ice planet. The local name for it translates as "Sister's eye" roughly. You can rename it if you want. It has 3 population. It's happiness is at 5/10. Your population has grown by .45 This turn.

Some of your people think you should contact the locals immediately. Do you wish to do so? If not, you can always do so later.

The Righteous and True Seekers Among the Stars:

At this point in time, about half of the ark population had left. This was when something interesting came up on the scanners. A perfect world. A paradise planet. All number of factions began to lay claim, but no so fanatic as that lead by the man known only as the Grand Hierophant. He sought to claim the world at any cost, unhesitating when it came to violence and force. He lead a campaign to seize the remaining colony ships and control of the ark as a whole, but violence begets violence and soon a determined resistance formed, the ark divided into warring tribes. Unable to wrest control of the ship he and his cult of followers prepared a colony ship to settle it before anyone else could.

Three ships set out for the paradise world, and his was one of them. They repurposed one of the mining drones into a makeshift torpedo, and blew apart one of the ships as it crossed over the dwarf planet orbiting the world below, it's debris stuck in low orbit. The other ship retreated, lacking enough fuel to reach another system they disappeared into an asteroid belt.

When at last you stepped out into that temperate sunshine of your beautiful world you had won. This planet was yours, and yours alone.

You own one colony on a paradise world. You should give it a name. It has 3 population. It has 5/10 happiness. Your population has grown by .75 this year!

Sovereign Loetis Commonwealth:

The last survivors of the ark, the loetis commonwealth has a sad origin. The arks that launched in race for the paradise world were not all fully loaded, and the one ship that remains can not carry you all. Embracing the cold impartiality of technology, the survivors were chosen at random by RNG. And so the last ship left, carrying a group both sad and defiant, bitter towards the recklessness of the other colonies that lead to such tragedy. They landed on a cold desert planet, watching sand dunes sweep away, transient in this world. The others could not be trusted to build here. Only they truly knew the consequences of their actions.

You have one sad colony on a desert planet. Maybe a name would cheer them up? It has 3 population. It has 5/10 happiness. Your population has grown by .3 this year.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
Re: Stellar Warlords (6/6) Turn 1
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2018, 07:39:04 pm »

The planet shall be named Loetis, in honour of the Commonwealth.

Produce a ship and start a research project for a new size class of ship, the runabout. It is much smaller and cheaper than a full-sized vessel but is capable of doing all the same actions.
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2018, 08:22:26 pm »

The name of the planet shall henceforth be named Acuelus, for the glory of the clans

The 🦂 folks shall derive clan construction efforts towards the 100 PP basic ship, and divert all of the other production towards a research project of a cloning facility that can be constructed to increase population growth.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2018, 06:23:01 am »

Scions of Terra
"...Surrounded by Heretics and Heathens, there are scant few who might still see the light amongst the non-believers," The Arch-Deacon reflected sadly, "But still we must try. There are those who have discarded every semblance of humanity, and they are all but beyond saving, but still we must try. There are those who are merely misguided, and may be ushered back to the Light as the shepherd recovers his lost  sheep, and thus we must try. This world all be our Penitence for allowing such perversions to come to light, but we can still reach salvation! By righting our wrongs and bringing those still willing into the grace of Terra we will earn our Paradise!

Name the new world Penitence
150pp towards a Global Transport Network at Penitence

Penitence 3.125 pop, 5/10 Happiness
Pages: [1] 2