Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Gridland Survival Z: OOC Thread/Shipping thread  (Read 5998 times)

GM_3826

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridland Survival Z: OOC Thread/Shipping thread
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2018, 07:01:43 pm »

I decided to get fancy with my post. Also, despite being a good damage dealer we should keep emily out of combat as much as we can. reason being that having to use calm and rampage a lot will wear through my energy.

Yeah, I was somewhat curious about what exactly we were supposed to do with Emily... It's true that Emily will use up a lot of energy, but what will she do in the meantime? Just... sit around? And we don't have any other damage dealers... Will the defense and support characters just have to do all of the offense?
Quote from: Albert Einstein
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Quote from: Albert Einstein, as well
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2018, 07:07:53 pm »

I decided to get fancy with my post. Also, despite being a good damage dealer we should keep emily out of combat as much as we can. reason being that having to use calm and rampage a lot will wear through my energy.

Yeah, I was somewhat curious about what exactly we were supposed to do with Emily... It's true that Emily will use up a lot of energy, but what will she do in the meantime? Just... sit around? And we don't have any other damage dealers... Will the defense and support characters just have to do all of the offense?
Yes and no, we just have to be careful, really careful. The other thing is that emily can still gather food and build stuff, combat isn't everything.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

GM_3826

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2018, 07:43:54 pm »

True. I can be a bit oblivious sometimes... "She doesn't have any non combat abilities, what can she do?"
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2018, 12:13:40 pm »

We still have a player who did not post an action.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2018, 12:14:54 pm »

We still have a player who did not post an action.

Ehh, just put them on AI, then after another turn of inactivity, suicidal AI.
it's over

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2018, 01:10:32 pm »

Or we could PM them,
My Power armor arms race

GM_3826

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2018, 01:17:37 pm »

Yeah, that's what I'd recommend.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2018, 05:12:57 pm »

Clarification, Does using rampage and stating to use X when no enemies remain preemptively use all my energy? Since rampage will already wear through all my energy if I just activate it, so does doing This
Quote from: plan
Emily runs for cover behind someone, Should her powers manifest she will use rampage, when no enemies remain she will use calm.
Use all my energy?
Reasoning here is that she is only priming rampage for use once, not continually, so all in all this would cost around 57 energy to prime, when looked at that way, or it could cost literally all my energy.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 05:18:13 pm by dgr11897 »
My Power armor arms race

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2018, 05:22:28 pm »

You don't have to use rampage more than once per turn.

While its technically allowed to use an if statement which will repeat until all enemies are defeated, its a horrible idea to do so because it will use all your energy no matter how few attacks are needed.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2018, 05:25:02 pm »

OK, Just wanted to make sure. I was mildly confused.
My Power armor arms race

GM_3826

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2018, 05:28:29 pm »

Suggestion to Elvish Miner: you could specify that Benjamin is the one that Emily takes cover behind and protect her. Maybe even use Bulk-up, although I recommend that you use Behemoth Blast.

King Zultan, Keith could fire that revolver of his at one of the enemies we're facing, or kick them.

Both of these things sort of go without saying, of course, but I'd prefer that we coordinate a little rather than not at all.

GM_3826

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2018, 08:59:41 pm »

OK, update hit. Time for more strategy.

The Scarecrow seems to be charging up some sort of ability. It did not act during Combat Segment 2, for unknown reasons. Based on the name of the skill (Solemn Duty), I'm guessing it's some sort of attack. Elvish Miner, Benjamin should try and soak up the attack! He still has the modifiers to Strength and Defense that Bulk Up gives him, so you should be fine, but it might be a good idea to use Bulk Up again anyways, just so that you can no sell the attack if need be.

Besides that, I'm going to try and finish off the crow that spent its time "observing the situation". Seeing as how Keith did 1 damage during Combat Segment C and 2 damage during Combat Segment D, I think that there is some degree of variance in how much damage attacks do, so it might be a good idea for one of you to try and finish off the crow with me. Try not to both attack Crow A at the same time, though; divide your attacks amongst the Scarecrow and Crows B, C, and D, as judging by how Crow D was finished off after taking 6 damage, 2 attacks will probably be enough to finish off the crow that took 3 damage.

Keith, maybe not make so many attacks next time? I feel like you did less damage then Benjamin did with Behemoth Blast because you attacked so many times. It's also possible that Solemn Duty is a counter-type skill, in which case the scarecrow is probably going to do quite a bit of damage to all of us after you attacked it so many times.

Emily, try and do something. A good suggestion would be to try and gather resources. You could also maybe make a basic attack. I assume you can punch or kick someone even if you don't have a dedicated ability? That's logical, at the very least.

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2018, 07:49:05 am »

Assuming I still have the modifiers for the next turn (?) I will probably not use Bulk Up, since that may be a magical attack the scarecrow is charging up, and it's expensive. I do think multiple attacks may have something to do with the lower damage, but there may be other factors in place, such as poor RNG, and/or Solemn Duty may be a buff to defense (as the name suggests it might have something to do with protecting this farmland). It's also possible my Strength buff increased my damage significantly.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 08:01:20 am by Elvish Miner »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2018, 11:04:13 am »

Keith, maybe not make so many attacks next time? I feel like you did less damage then Benjamin did with Behemoth Blast because you attacked so many times.
I think it might be because I chose a crappy gun, hopefully I can get abetter one later.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2018, 11:34:08 am »

Keith, maybe not make so many attacks next time? I feel like you did less damage then Benjamin did with Behemoth Blast because you attacked so many times.
I think it might be because I chose a crappy gun, hopefully I can get abetter one later.

I mean, you should be guaranteed to get a better gun once I get in.
it's over
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7