Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Gridland Survival Z: OOC Thread/Shipping thread  (Read 5988 times)

GM_3826

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridland Survival Z: OOC Thread/Shipping thread
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2018, 06:19:29 pm »

Assuming I still have the modifiers for the next turn (?) I will probably not use Bulk Up, since that may be a magical attack the scarecrow is charging up, and it's expensive. I do think multiple attacks may have something to do with the lower damage, but there may be other factors in place, such as poor RNG, and/or Solemn Duty may be a buff to defense (as the name suggests it might have something to do with protecting this farmland). It's also possible my Strength buff increased my damage significantly.
All of this is true. Good points.
Quote from: Albert Einstein
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Quote from: Albert Einstein, as well
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

GM_3826

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2018, 08:05:46 pm »

That makes sense. Of course the scarecrow hates crows.

There's a very good chance that if we do not kill all of the crows now, the scarecrow is just going to cast Solemn Duty again. So lots double down on the crows. I'll fire another Magic Missile at Crow E, and one at Crow F. You guys should try and keep the crows from casting Murder again and kill the rest of them. Then we can finish off the scarecrow, if it doesn't just decide that its business here is done and leaves.

Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2018, 11:59:13 am »

We are still missing an action from a player.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

GM_3826

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2018, 05:29:42 pm »

Well, at least the crows aren't coming back.

Let's finish off the scarecrow.

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2018, 07:45:13 am »

Am I able to punch without using my energy? That's what I was going for on my previous turn.

GM_3826

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2018, 08:02:49 am »

Every action costs energy, regardless of whether it's an ability or not, as explained in the OP. I presume just punching things costs less energy.

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2018, 12:27:10 pm »

In that case, can I perform an attack for less energy cost, or am I stuck sending enemies flying on every attack?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2018, 12:31:23 pm »

If you don't want to hit as hard, just don't use your bulk up ability first. Behemoth Blast is already a very cheap ability.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2018, 02:20:54 pm »

It is not about not hitting as hard, it is about saving on energy. If 10 is the cheapest it goes, that's fine.

GM_3826

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2018, 05:29:30 pm »

Alright, so first on the agenda. Gather food! Everyone should gather resources. I say that we shouldn't touch that Cursed Crow Corpse (touching anything that's cursed seems like too huge of a risk) but any other crow corpse seems fine. After that, we should maybe cannibalize the farm... as in, use the farm as if it were our own. Then we'll set up camp here for a while before traveling further; possibly the beach, since that also seems like a good source of food. Alternatively we could invent the axe somehow and become lumberjacks.

My recommendation: Emily should try and look at one of the monster crow corpses. Benjamin should try figure out how to use the farm as a farm. I'll set up a Healing Field, and it might be a good idea for Keith to search around for scrap. And we'll all gather food.

Edit: Actually, hmm... All of us collecting food at the same time could bleed the farm dry. Maybe Emily should both gather food and take a look at the Monster Crow Corpse, since she has the most energy? Alternatively, Benjamin could gather food in addition to trying to figure out how to use the farm as a farm, since he has the second most Energy and isn't an Energy hog.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 05:32:12 pm by GM_3826 »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2018, 12:19:41 am »

Still waiting on a player...
Edit: Game is probably dead now. I don't have the inclination to constantly bug players to post their actions, and nobody is asking when the next update is.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 04:30:20 pm by Supernerd »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]