Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Gridland Survival Z: OOC Thread/Shipping thread  (Read 6000 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridland Survival Z: OOC Thread. Signups Open!
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2018, 07:43:34 am »

So where is this game going to take place, like in the woods, a city, a rural area, or something similar, and can we start with items?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2018, 11:07:11 am »

Originally wanted to do a character based on Aisha from Outlaw Star, but we already have a few characters that can transform, so here is my other character...

Spoiler: Abilities (click to show/hide)

GM_3826

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2018, 12:06:18 pm »

So, I decided to just leave the range on Vivien's abilities up to the GM, excluding Healing Hands and Healing Field. Also redid some fluff, and added a new ability.

Here is the final version of her character sheet (hopefully... I have too many ideas, and some things may need review:)
Spoiler: Vivien (click to show/hide)

Edit: Added another ability.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 04:24:09 pm by GM_3826 »
Quote from: Albert Einstein
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Quote from: Albert Einstein, as well
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2018, 04:23:01 pm »

Lets see here... (Let me know if I missed you)

The game setting is... Well its sort of like Gridland? I'll admit that I'll be making some of the locations up on the fly. Any items that you would start with would need to be in ability form. So you can easily give yourself a Shotgun ability or something.

0cra_tr0per still hasn't resolved the previously mentioned issues...

Regarding Benjamin 'Bubbles' Bouble... The only potential issue that I see is that the Bulk-up immunity effect would have to either require a variable amount of energy or have a maximum threshold.

Regarding Vivien... This one looks pretty good as it is.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

GM_3826

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2018, 04:25:08 pm »

...Hahaha, I had edited it again by the time you posted! I've been editing too much. Also I'm feeling awfully impatient today. Excuse me.

Could you look at it one more time?
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2018, 04:56:58 pm »

Is my character sheet OK?
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2018, 05:55:00 pm »

Regarding Benjamin 'Bubbles' Bouble... The only potential issue that I see is that the Bulk-up immunity effect would have to either require a variable amount of energy or have a maximum threshold.
I already specified that something like small arms fire would be largely mitigated, though it would still harm Bubbles. Interpret that as you'd like.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2018, 06:46:15 pm »

I knew I missed something.

Regarding Lilia...

Power Trade looks horrifically broken as worded.
A character needs to be able to eat. Otherwise you can't get energy.
I am also having difficulty understanding how your character is supposed to work. This means I cannot accept it. The theme of your old application has a better chance of being accepted than the new one.

Regarding Vivien...

I do not see any difference in your application.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

GM_3826

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2018, 06:49:59 pm »

Ah.

OK.

I edited it back, like 50 times.

Anyways, good to know. I feel like it's finished, now.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2018, 07:52:16 pm »

Right, I'll just use the old one then. I liked Emily's themes a bit more anyway.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 08:09:31 pm by dgr11897 »
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2018, 01:36:13 pm »

Here's my entry.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2018, 02:01:08 pm »

Alright, so what things do I still need to fix?

I've mentioned in one of my edited sheets that I was going to scrap the starting shotgun + ammo thing, so that's taken care of, I nerfed the resupply box, and ditched the dumpster fire aka the remantler.
it's over

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2018, 04:21:05 pm »

Lets see.

Regarding Keith...

Looks good to me.

Regarding Francis...

Supply Box was nerfed in a way that is still illegal it doesn't matter if its 1 or 0.1, you still can't get free resources. You also didn't remove the commission line from Arsenal Crate. (Honestly, I think King Zultan's character fulfills the support role you were thinking of in a much less convoluted way than yours)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2018, 06:05:10 pm »

Regarding Francis...

Supply Box was nerfed in a way that is still illegal it doesn't matter if its 1 or 0.1, you still can't get free resources. You also didn't remove the commission line from Arsenal Crate. (Honestly, I think King Zultan's character fulfills the support role you were thinking of in a much less convoluted way than yours)

I made it so that people have to expend energy to pick up resupply box uses. They also have no commission now.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 07:46:31 pm by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

GM_3826

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2018, 06:18:07 pm »

This doesn't actually change anything, I just made a minor clarification because it was bothering me.
Spoiler: Vivien (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7