Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21

Author Topic: Octoling Development Facility - Splatoon Arms Race (Spring, Year 3)  (Read 26089 times)

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Octoling Development Facility - Splatoon Arms Race (Spring, Year 2)
« Reply #270 on: July 20, 2019, 01:50:50 pm »

Quote from: Veemo Box
A.C.E. (0):
E.F.F.E.C.T.I.V.E.R.E.F.L.E.C.T.I.V.E. (0):
S.A.M.U.R.A.I.L.I.F.E. (4): Piratejoe, Failbird, Slick, The Ensorceler

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 04, 2019, 11:19:25 am »

I know we're in the "Wait For Update" phase, but I had an idea I dont want to hold that long. Actually, two.

RELEASE OF DESIGN DOCUMENTS  TO THE PRIVATE SECTOR
Ok, ok, this sounds risky, but hear me out and edit it so it's a bit better. I've noticed many of our soldiers have taken to modding their weaponry to their liking. Want your Krakenblade to last longer? Dial back the ink settings so it's thinner, like a katana. Want your Bamboozler to be more accurate? Take the barrel off and carve some rifling inside. I've also seen some of our men and women exchange money with the artistically talented in our ranks to customize their equipment, and keep them looking Fresh. So I figure - Why not make a business out of these little "upgrades" and "Freshenings?" We can only do so much for the mass-produced stuff that we hand out, and our soldiers only have so much downtime to do their own upkeep, so the more heads and hands we can get working, the better!

Also...

Ability: Feel The Beat Headphones
Listening to music helps us work. Simple science! So what if we synched a playlist to a soldier's ink frequency and blasted those tunes as they WENT SINGING INTO THE SLAUGHT- no? Normal music? Ok.

The Feel The Beat Headphones have a radio receiver as well as their own music player, so that an Octoling can tune into OVRN, or queue up their own playlist. Playlists can easily be shared between friends and squads, and synched for optimum, well, synchronization in the team. High-ranking soldiers can also send out messages along the connection between devices, though they might be lost in the bouncing bass.

As a side-note, the headphones and media player are ink-tight and easily washable, although I'm sure someone'll find a way to customize them...
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 02, 2019, 10:22:19 am »

Cultural Artifact: Sea Breeze Delivery Service
Turf Warfare is fast, hectic, and almost constantly on the move. This makes the time that soldiers get to take breaks relatively minimal, and you know what that means, MREs, MREs, and more MREs, often eaten cold for lack of time. We have devised a way to deal with, or at least lessen, this issue. Enter, the Sea Breeze Delivery Service, or SBDS(pronounced spuds). Like a cool sea breeze on a hot summer day, they are here to bring comfort in trying times.

A government sponsored delivery service, the SBDS has partnered up with various food chains around Octo Valley. While they do deliver to civilians locally for extra funds, their primary purpose is the delivery of proper hot meals and cool(or warm in those snowy winter months) beverages to soldiers near the rear of combat during lulls in the battle.

You may be wondering how they achieve this, well it is quite simple, it's actually their namesake. The Sea Breeze octo-blimp! Based upon the Sky-breeze, the Sea Breeze is a large(compared to the Sky-breeze at least) rigid airship, with a large gondola(like this, but no wheels, a flat roof, and a cockpit in front) to carry both the pilot and the food they are delivering. The rear portion of the Gondola contains heating racks, which keep food warm along the trip from the providers to the hungry soldiers in the field. Then the balloon lands, opens up the hatch in on the side of the Gondola, and begins serving hot food to those who need it.

Should battle become especially hectic during serving time and reach the balloon, the shutter can be closed, defending the pilot and the food from ink based weaponry and allowing them to take off again if need be. Though obviously, to support the weight of this ink-proof plating, heating racks, and cargo capacity, the weaponry was removed along with all of the balloons ink storage. This put together means they provide no direct advantage in combat, but morale is certain to be at an all time high with our soldiers eating well.

A morale design, for later. Because I really like the idea of having food trucks delivering to our soldiers.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Octoling Development Facility - Splatoon Arms Race (Spring, Year 3)
« Reply #273 on: September 06, 2019, 07:39:35 pm »

Revision : S.A.M.U.R.A.I.L.I.F.E. (Hard)
    4+1-1 = 4: Below average

The Skilled Authoritative Marshal Unit Ready for Agent Infantry Leadership and Intellectual Fighting Exercises Program works. It really does. There's a several week course for teaching leadership, tactics, and honing individual skills and affinities. Octolings go in and come out improved.

They just aren't as improved as the program was originally projecting. Some claim it's because the program is only a month long instead of two months like originally planned, others claim it's because the needs for letting every individual soldier type participate dilutes the education, and then the claims that the teaching program itself needs review come up and that's when people start writing each other cutting emails and cutting each other down in the hallways with Krakenblades.

Anyway, what few individuals are selected for the program do go through the program, and come out smarter, fresher, and better leaders. They just could be better. But they're still better then they used to be, and projections so the increased morale and tactical applications in battle will cover the cost of the program.

More importantly, everyone who goes through gets a snazzy hat, which keeps the program's popularity high despite any problems associated with it.

Being effectively an add on to other programs, graduates of the S.A.M.U.R.A.I.L.I.F.E. can be expected to be one rarity higher then the base level of whatever sub-program is in question.

Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)
    Spoiler: Octoling Armory (click to show/hide)

The Deployment Phase of Spring, Year 3 has begun.[/list]
    « Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 07:42:02 pm by Happerry »
    Forenia Forever!
    GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #274 on: September 07, 2019, 06:46:10 am »

Quote from: Dazed. Reeling. About to Bait
    Send Helen and the Typhoon To Moray Towers
    Dofley to Port Mackerel
    Attack Moray Towers
    Attack Mount Nantai
    The Idea is, seeing how things went last time, they bring their super weapon and Cauldo back to Moray Towers. Now, you might ask, why? Well, the last time we have seen the Typhoon there, it has been shown to do a decent job. Not the best, but not that bad.  Additionally, Helen is practically perfect for the environment, and practically a perfect counter to Cauldo. Of course, there is a chance they don't send them there and instead send them to Port Mackerel, but if they do that, well, its free land closer to their capitol for us. However, I do expect them to attack there, and I think for now its best to try and hold the line rather than try to push forward so that way we force their hand more. Lastly, the attack is in Nantai as I think we have just that little bit more in terms of edge for our soldiers and a new vehicle which might just say "Screw it I am the avalanche now" and if we succeed, we put more pressure on them as we advance on all fronts. Of course, I'm willing to change the attack to Port Moresby- erm, Mackerel, but I don't think we'll advance if they try to counter it hard, as I see them either dedicating the majority of their forces there or to the towers, and I'm inclined to believe the towers would be better for us with what we have.
    Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #275 on: September 08, 2019, 08:51:01 pm »

Quote from: votebox
    Dazed. Reeling. About to Bait. (1) DGR
    Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
    Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
    Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
    hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
    My Power armor arms race

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #276 on: September 08, 2019, 09:08:16 pm »

Quote from: votebox
    Dazed. Reeling. About to Bait. (2) DGR, Piratejoe
    Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #277 on: September 10, 2019, 08:42:58 pm »

Quote from: veemobox
    Dazed. Reeling. About to Bait. (3) DGR, Piratejoe, Failbird

Also, Happ, you haven't listed our new revision.
    « Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 08:47:22 pm by Failbird105 »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #278 on: October 12, 2019, 10:16:45 pm »

The Great Turf War of Spring, Year 3, has now Finished.

The Design Phase of Summer, Year 3 has begun.
    Forenia Forever!
    GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #279 on: October 13, 2019, 04:27:51 pm »

Bringing some design possibilities to the front:

Quote from: Norah
    Norah: Boiler Bunny
    So far, both of our heroes have been Giant Octolings. In fact, even Daimyo Octavio himself is a Giant Octoling. When we make such a big deal about equality between Octarian sub-species, that's kind of a problem. So, we're looking into expanding our hiring list. Luckily we've found someone who is not only practically the polar opposite of a giant octoling, but more than willing(eager, in fact) to try out some of our more experimental tech. Enter, Norah.
    Norah is a bunny Octoling(archeologists report that the humans had called their ancestor species 'dumbo octopi' which... rude), notable for their short and stocky physique, and the pair of false 'ears' growing off the tops of their heads that look reminiscent of ancient rabbits.
    The weapon she chose, insistently, is a piece of tech we've had in planning for a while now. The Boiler Pack; a specialized secondary tank which attaches to the main tank, draws ink from it(and from the usual sources), and boils it into scalding ink-steam to be sprayed forth from a pair dual-wielded insulated hoses. This prototype version has unfortunately poor insulation, meaning it inevitably leads to both tanks ink boiling, so she loses out on the ability to use traditional sub weapons. In lieu of a subweapon, she can open the subweapon valve on her ink tank to let out a cloud of thick and boiling purple(or whatever color we're using there) mist as a sort of smoke-screen.
    To avoid burns, Norah wears a thick insulated suit, while being fire-retardant is not necessary because ink is, in fact, the opposite of flammable, it still has to be rather thick to protect her from the heat, this has the added benefit of a noteworthy increase in durability. The suit also exaggerates her appearance from stocky to chubby. The gas mask upon her face prevents the mist from getting into her eyes, nose and mouth. Though, strangely enough, she leaves her tentacles largely uncovered, though they don't seem to ever get burned anyway so uh, whatever works for her I suppose.
    Finally, to go with her boiler pack, she utilizes a unique special, though a relatively simple one, which she has yet to name. Simply put, the ink energy kinda holds the mist together, not really making any particularly defined shape so much as just holding it into a pair of big long 'tentacles'(one from each hose), which she can then whip about, knocking unfortunate enough lings to be hit by them around from the pressure, and burning them severely from the heat.
    This weapon is not flawless of course. The fact that the mist is boiling means it is still harmful to even our own forces, hence why Norah wears her suit. Needless to say, Norah will need to be maintaining a respectable distance away from our other forces for their sake.
    As may have been gathered by her insistence on boiling our enemies alive as opposed to using any of our other prototype weaponry, Norah is not... all right in the head. She is childish, and slightly manic, however, she is also effective, and terrifyingly so. We dare not image what an Inkling might feel encountering her in close quarters.

Quote from: Sea Breeze
    Cultural Artifact: Sea Breeze Delivery Service
    Turf Warfare is fast, hectic, and almost constantly on the move. This makes the time that soldiers get to take breaks relatively minimal, and you know what that means, MREs, MREs, and more MREs, often eaten cold for lack of time. We have devised a way to deal with, or at least lessen, this issue. Enter, the Sea Breeze Delivery Service, or SBDS(pronounced spuds). Like a cool sea breeze on a hot summer day, they are here to bring comfort in trying times.

A government sponsored delivery service, the SBDS has partnered up with various food chains around Octo Valley. While they do deliver to civilians locally for extra funds, their primary purpose is the delivery of proper hot meals and cool(or warm in those snowy winter months) beverages to soldiers near the rear of combat during lulls in the battle.

You may be wondering how they achieve this, well it is quite simple, it's actually their namesake. The Sea Breeze octo-blimp! Based upon the Sky-breeze, the Sea Breeze is a large(compared to the Sky-breeze at least) rigid airship, with a large gondola(like this, but no wheels, a flat roof, and a cockpit in front) to carry both the pilot and the food they are delivering. The rear portion of the Gondola contains heating racks, which keep food warm along the trip from the providers to the hungry soldiers in the field. Then the balloon lands, opens up the hatch in on the side of the Gondola, and begins serving hot food to those who need it.

Should battle become especially hectic during serving time and reach the balloon, the shutter can be closed, defending the pilot and the food from ink based weaponry and allowing them to take off again if need be. Though obviously, to support the weight of this ink-proof plating, heating racks, and cargo capacity, the weaponry was removed along with all of the balloons ink storage. This put together means they provide no direct advantage in combat, but morale is certain to be at an all time high with our soldiers eating well.

Quote from: Octostamp
    Octostamp
    Octarians are a known and well documented phenomena already, Octoling loses a tentacle, tentacle eventually sprouts legs and grows a face, then grows into a creature all its own. This would be incredible for us... if they weren't so dumb and lacking in arms. This doesn't mean they can't be useful though, and this idea is just one way we are looking into utilizing them. The Octostamp is effectively an Octarian grown inside of a large stamp-like casing, in such a way that the two are effectively inseparable. These Octarians are protected from the sides, top, and bottom(except their legs) by thick layer of plastic. The 'face' of the casing meanwhile, has a face carved into it through which the Octarian can see and be fed, and has an outer layer of spongey foam(the solid kind used for paint rollers not frothy liquid) which ink soaks into and holds to rather well, with a less thick inner layer that is once again just plastic.
    The Octarians own ink flows through the casing, and into the stamp face. While the ink being constantly sent to its stamp stops it from spitting projectile globs of the stuff, this whole casing contraption effectively means that the Octostamp, though slow and heavy, is very hard to damage from the protected sides with ink-based weapons. That being said, for various reasons(medical, economical, and more), we had to leave a side unobstructed, so its back is exposed, making it vulnerable to typical inktech attacks from behind. Additionally, and we don't exactly know if this is some undeveloped expression of ink energy or what, but the Octostamps seem to have the ability to leap up into the air rather high despite their slow speed, stumpy legs, and heavy casing, but of course their weight sends them crashing to the ground face first. This is actually somewhat useful, since their face is soaked with ink and they're so big and heavy this means that getting hit by one directly is straight-up deadly to the average 'ling, and on landing they create a decently sized splat that can also be harmful, though this manuever does of course open their one weakpoint to attack and leaves them struggling to get up.
    Primarily, the Octostamps purpose is to act as mobile walls, walking forward and shrugging off the enemies futile attacks on its face and sides as a few(or less depending on individual size) Octolings take cover behind it, but it can also be used as an effective ambush starter in areas with lots of vertical differences.

Quote from: Davy Jones
    Davy Jones
    Well, this is it. We've done it. A weapon the likes of which 'lings, both Ink and Octo, and every other being on this world, has never seen. The Davy Jones, though truly devastating in power, is very simple in concept. What would happen if we packed every single drop of ink that we physically could into a single, 'ling portable solid projectile, and then kept putting more ink into it anyway. It comes with a tri-pod mounted launcher, to place down and aim the weapon, with the launcher itself serving as the tube through which the rockets payload is loaded. When the special is used, all of the tremendous amounts of ink generated are poured directly into this, comparatively small rocket. The ink-energy itself is used for one thing, compression, packing the ink within the warhead tighter and tighter, until it has compressed as far as ink can, and then even further. Then, once the loading process is finished, the rocket, no longer being kept packed tight by ink-energy, effectively fires itself, the unbelievably pressurized ink jetting out the back like a makeshift thruster, acting as the rockets propulsion. Then, when it collides with something that isn't very, very soft, it will inevitably crack. When that happens, there's only one place that all of that ink can go, and that's everywhere.
    Obviously, such a weapon is not without its flaws. As it travels further it loses ink meaning that at longer ranges it's not quite as powerful as it would be otherwise, not to mention that it isn't particularly accurate at very long ranges either. Its own raw power can also be a problem in some situations, while the edges of the blast zone are just like getting hit by any other friendly attack, getting caught near its center can potentially splat our own troops from the force of the explosion alone.

Quote from: Fizz-balloon
    Fizz-balloon
    You know soda? How when you shake it up it gets all fizzy and sprays everywhere? Well, we've decided that this could be something we can use to our advantage. The simple explanation is a thrown bomb(something we've been rather lacking in, our punt bombs need to be kicked and our mines are stationary), which you fill up from the tank, shake it to increase pressure, pull the pin, then it will burst after a few seconds so throw it. The more in depth explanation though is thus: Its design has one large handle to the side which is attached to a thick disk at the top, two curved semi-rigid plastic strips go down the sides opposite to eachother, before meeting at a large cap on the bottom. A balloon is stretched between the cap and the top. The balloon is filled to near-bursting with ink from the cap and already contains large amounts of carbon-dioxide. The pin starts a short timer to a needle being jabbed into the balloon. Once the balloon is filled, shaking it scatters about the bubbles of CO2, thus meaning that once the balloon is popped, the CO2 rushes out and carries the ink with it, sending the ink even further than it would otherwise travel.

Quote from: Rainmaker
    Rainmaker
    The Rainmaker is a special that continues off some of the concepts previously used in the Krakenblade; that being that it's a physical weapon, which is used to focus ink-energy as well as ink itself into a more stable form. The Rainmaker is a gun, fairly large itself though not possessing much in the way of proper mechanisms, on its own it simply lets out a steady flow of ink when the trigger is held, and it is designed with the basic appearance of an Eastern Dragon, with the barrel being its jaws. These jaws are designed to focus ink-energy between them, which in turn is intended to effectively control the massive amounts of ink flowing out of it from the special. This forms the ink into condensed balls, that are then launched forward when the trigger is released. These balls lose cohesion the longer they travel due to low ink energy use, so fired straight they are powerful single blasts, but launched across greater distances or into the air they will eventually begin to scatter, showering ink from them until they have diminished to nothing, hence the name Rainmaker, as when launched into the air it effectively causes ink to rain down for several seconds. You may have noticed I said 'balls', that is because this weapon, because of its mechanical components, can fire either one ball containing the whole specials worth of power, or several weaker ones by holding the trigger for less time, it is limited on time however, so make sure you get the most out of it.[/quote
    « Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 04:30:47 pm by Failbird105 »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • Requires music to get through the working day.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #280 on: October 14, 2019, 05:46:35 pm »

Bambooz-inger

The Bambooz-inger is a gun inspired by the bamboozler, with four short barrels and one ink chamber. The ink chamber is inspired by the Splatling, with a small hand crank that loads and pressurizes each barrel in sequence, rotating the barrels in turn. Each barrel is locked with a pressure-tight seal that is only triggered when one of the two triggers is pulled. If one trigger is pulled, the top barrel fires - if two, all four barrels. Once the top barrel fires, the barrels rotate automatically as to allow easier aim. In addition, a variant is to be made with wider, non-focused ink nozzles, so to improve spread in close quarters (the Bambooz-Sucker).

The Bamboo Shoot

The Bamboo Shoot (Shoot for short) is a dual-barreled gun with 3/4 the length of the Bamboozler. The stock of the gun is taller than normal because of the stacked loading/firing mechanism. A wind-up spring on the side of the weapon with a one-directional sprocket allows the spring to be wound but not discharge until the loading or barrel rotation mechanisms activate. The trigger, when pulled, releases the barrel pressure, which is held in place by a pressure seal, and then activates the rotation mechanism to swap the barrels. The reloading mechanism is then activated and loads the bottom barrel with a full load of ink. The releasing spring powers all the mechanisms, and can be partially rewound. A rounded extension with textured grip extends under the two barrels to allow a steady hold of the gun.
    « Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 03:41:28 pm by Doomblade187 »
    In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
    One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #281 on: October 14, 2019, 06:26:44 pm »

WIP, BEING EDITED

Double Shooter
    Currently, while our sniper and heavy weapon may outmatch those of our enemies, we lack in one thing that the squid do not; light, close-range rapid firepower. The Double Shooter(temp-name) is intended to help fix that. The Double Shooter is a smaller weapon overall than the Bamboozler Mk.2, but it still makes use of the air/ink compression system the Mk.2 pioneered. In addition to air/ink compression however, the Double Shooter has two seperate compression chambers layed out horizontally, which fill simultaneously. Each chamber is less than half the size of the one in the Bamboozler Mk.2, meaning that over-all, the weapon holds less ink, and thus doesn't have the same power. Additionally, instead of the current ink-filling method, there is a lever on the Double shooters side that

'Why does it have two compression chambers' you ask? Simple, because the two of them alternate when firing. This means that when one fires, the other is refilling, which should effectively cut the time between shots in half. Additionally, because it doesn't fire on releasing the trigger, it means that a shot can be stored for later, so that you can fire immediately when encountering an enemy without having to constantly hold down the trigger. The Double Shooter also has an alternate firing mode. By flipping a switch located on the top of the gun, it can be switched to a charger-style firing mode allowing you to fire both chambers at once for double the firepower. And if you flip the switch back when it's fully charged, then both tanks will stay full, meaning you can pre-load both chambers.
    « Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 07:47:53 pm by Failbird105 »

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #282 on: October 14, 2019, 11:05:48 pm »

Weather prediction algorithm
    It has become evident to us that the weather of a season can drastically impact combat during that season. Thus we have dedicated a department to creating a mathematical model of the season's weather, and using it to predict the severity of the weather this season.
    Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
    Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
    Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
    hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
    My Power armor arms race

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #283 on: October 15, 2019, 01:14:00 am »

Engineer Zeke Sen

Zeke, the small pygmy subordinate of the now well known Helen "the Hammer", who is the chief engineer of the Typhoon while she's away and second in command when she isn't, is something of an inventor, as we found out recently. Apparently, he added a hook to the bottom of the Typhoon. Initially, it was believed this was a cosmetic addition, or at best only to function as a better tether to the ground. However, in reality it was to hold a special craft he is working on. Specifically the sixth edition of such a craft. He calls it the P6 Tropical Storm. The craft is, compared to the typhoon, minuscule, being larger than the Sky breeze, but still very small. Its specifically designed for him as the pilot, given the cockpits size, and it seems to fly just by going fast enough. Apparently, the craft has a number of ink cannons based on the splatling gun but worked a bit differently, as well as a few bombs not dissimilar from punt bombs, however they are not filled with ink unless Zeke presses a button to do so, in which they are filled with ink that is not being used by the cannons. Its design has been made to emphasize three things. Speed, maneuverability, and ammunition. Naturally, these conflict to an extent, however he seems to have pulled it off quite well. The craft is just as if not more maneuverable than a sky breeze, and the sky breeze likely would lose a race even if given a ample head start and the finish line was just in sight before the Tropical Storm took to the sky and dashed the pilot in the sky breeze's hopes and dreams. Naturally, the first reaction when we saw the craft was if it could be mass produced, however, we quickly found the materials used were not in fact plastic, and a much more durable and harder to make and utilize substance...Because of this, we've decided to make Zeke a hero in his own right, and in the future he might be able to make things in battle that could directly help instead of just flying a little aircraft, as for now he relies exclusively on his aircraft and without it, well, he doesn't even have a bamboozler... Still, he should do a good job doing what the sky breezes do, but better at dealing with such things as that paint brush warrior, or that commander...Or that other much larger flying machine that's faster than our own large flying machine...

Just in case we don't want Helen to be full time guard anymore, also in case we want to build up a massive airship task force. Speaking of...

Hurricane

The Hurricane is...well, its what can best be described as what would happen if the Typhoon was shrunk down, made faster, didn't drop bombs, had large cannons and had its propellers turn in the opposite direction. The Hurricane is, in layman terms, a flying battle cruiser compared to the Typhoon's bomber, in fact, it only has a crew of seventeen. It has such a small crew as it only has a captain, Two heavy Cannoniers, Two loaders for said cannons, Six light Splatling operators, an engineer, a pilot, and Four Spotlight operators . It has two sets of two 'Heavy 8 Gallon Ink Cannons' that are positioned on the port and starboard of the craft that shoot 8 gallons of ink per shot at what can be described as 'ludicrously fast' and is kind of like a giant Swizzler in how the mechanism works. The light gunners meanwhile, just control a set of splatlings. On the side of the craft, directly on top of the turrets and on what can be called a turret on the turret, are two sets of large fins for catching the wind, the extra turret designed to keep them in the same position even as the main turret turns. In the lower rear of the craft there is a set of three propellers, one large one and two medium sized ones. Said propellers, as stated earlier, rotate in another direction. Lastly, the craft doesn't so much have a gondola as a bunch of large compartments attached directly to the ridged construction of the airship that makes the design stand out more and look more distinct from its cousin, which its designed to operate in conjunction with. The main goal of the thing is to cause massive damage to any groups of inklings, and to protect the Typhoon from any heroes the Inklings have, as well as punch the lights out of any superweapon that decides going close to it, and by extension the typhoon, is a very, very bad idea...

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #284 on: October 16, 2019, 11:39:51 am »

Design: Jack the Dripper
    Superweapon/Hero

Origin: We stuffed a compressed Zapfish into his eye socket. It glows and looks rad and gives him ludicrous ink energy potential.

Main Weapon:
       High Amplitude Krackenblade - Custom build, with 16 inkapacitors working together to shape the blade (a standard Krakenblade has 3, Dolfley's has 5), the High Amplitude Krackenblade is a marvel to behold. It requires an incredible amount of power to manifest fully, wreathed in lightning and with a rippling sawtooth edge. Jack the Dripper is able to use it continuously, as a primary weapon.

Ability: Inklust Overdrive - With every splat, Jack absorbs the residual ink energy of his victims, moving, swimming, and attacking faster and faster still as his energy level climbs. Generally, Jack ranges between 150% of a Special charge and 400%, with a linear increase in his abilities at higher charge level and no hard limit on how high he can climb.
       Many of Jack's abilities cost Special charge to use, but unlike normal Specials, still refund ink energy while being used.

Notable Moves:
       Razor's Echo - While above 100% charged, Jack can swing his High Amplitude Krackenblade fast enough to make it partially decohere, expelling a fast moving arc of ink is the direction of the slash in a potent ranged attack.
       Spider's Web - As thin ribbons of ink from Razor's Echo accumulate on the battlefield, Jack can initiate a dash-attack swimming through these ordinarily too-narrow paths with his Krakenblade protruding from the ink's surface. There is a noticeable delay while the path he chooses boils in anticipation, then the chosen path is fulfilled almost instantly to great effect.

Super Special: Space Ripper - Combining aspects of the Razor's Echo with the Spider's Web, Jack is able to burn ink energy fast enough to swim inside his own sword slashes in midair, exploding forth again and again in a blade rush of dubious physics. This so called "Super Special" takes a minimum of 250% charge to initiate, with all availible ink energy both over the requirement and generated during the Space Ripper consumed to extend its range and duration.
    Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21