Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21

Author Topic: Octoling Development Facility - Splatoon Arms Race (Spring, Year 3)  (Read 26093 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Octoling Development Facility - Splatoon Arms Race (Spring, Year 2)
« Reply #255 on: April 09, 2019, 08:25:06 am »

Quote from: Veemo Box
Plan "They wouldn't do it a second time!" (0):
Plan "Folks, I don't know what to tell you. This bait is so low in energy even Commander Cauldo could do better." (2): Piratejoe, Failbird

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 09, 2019, 05:19:37 pm »

And...Voted~
Plan "They wouldn't do it a second time!" (0):
Plan "Folks, I don't know what to tell you. This bait is so low in energy even Commander Cauldo could do better." (3): Piratejoe, Failbird, Slick

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 17, 2019, 04:04:12 am »

The Great Turf War of Winter, Year 2, has now Finished.

The Design Phase of Spring, Year 3 has begun.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 18, 2019, 03:58:49 pm »

Brought it up AGAIN before and I'll bring it up AGAIN AGAIN.

The Roll-Out
Type: Vehicle
A story reached us recently about a squad of Octolings somewhere that managed to requisition a civilian ATV. These brave, foolhardy souls used it to great effect in combat, carrying extra Ink Tanks, leaving a constant trail of Ink behind them to lead their charge, and at one point, at least according to the stories, they...
strapped a bunch of Punt Bombs to the front of the vehicle and ran over an opposing squad of Inklings, Splatting them all?

Madness in its finest form, and though it may merely be a Fresh rumor, it gave us an idea - The Roll-Out.
The Roll-Out is a heavily modified ATV. The most notable change is the replacement of the front wheels with something we considered before as a potential Primary Weapon - A giant Ink Roller. The Roll-Out also has an extra seat and a swivel-mounted Splatling on the back, and two larger-than-normal of our new Giant Ink Tanks that keep the Roller filled and the Splatling spinning. Balloon Mines and other weaponry can be filled out of these tanks as well. Other design improvements include a heavy-duty windshield and cutting-edge wiper blades, to protect both driver and passenger.

Other ideas include a roll cage and a way to easily flip the beast over if it tips on strange terrain, but those are secondary, and might be saved for a Revision if necessary. Better to add them later at a high quality than tape cardboard tubes to it now.

Friendly Reminder from your Scientists: This design is eligible for our +1 for Vehicles bonus.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 19, 2019, 02:17:36 pm »

Octobow: This weapon is designed as an answer to the inkling inkerial blotter, and their close range rapid fire weaponry. You see, the octobow is a miniaturized bamboozler, which has its pumping handle attached to a bowstring, and the main body integrated into the bow, enhancing the launching power for a given charge level. This also allows the octobow to shoot much faster than a normal bamboozler, as the pumping handle is pulled back to the gun when released, lowering refire time, allowing for repeated short ranged shots. It also uses super sea snails to cause its shots to form bolts of a sort, similar to the inkerial blotter, but less explosive, enabling long range arcing fire with higher charge levels. It does have a few flaws, namely it's cumbersome and impedes movement a little, and it's accuracy leaves something to be desired, especially when fired rapidly. The arcing of its shots is both a strength and a weakness, since it can make aiming difficult for less skilled users, or let one shoot over walls and bombard an area.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 19, 2019, 05:18:44 pm »

Gale Wind Octo-Biplane

Using the knowledge gained from the sky breeze, the general look of the inklings new flying machine, and some deciphered human writing from some 'church of the holy dual wing' we have learned quite a bit about the superiority of biplanes over the dark and evil monowings who wish to destroy the world...or something...Regardless we have poured over what was written and we have managed to create what we call the Gale Wind Octo-Biplane. Unlike the Sky Breeze, the Gale Wind has no balloons, relying entirely on the power of a propeller and flys by moving really fast causing wind to go over the wings in a way that produces lift. It's quite fast, and it has two splatling guns synchronized with the proper so it can deal with anything in front of it along with a 'sprinkler' system at the back of the lower wings, allowing it to douse the area behind it with ink. Both sets of the wings are hollowed out to be filled with ink though are designed to be a bit thick as to prevent leaking from a bit of damage and has a 'self sealing' method in it as well just in case. Naturally, other than the two splatling guns, the nose of the craft is completely dedicated to the engine, so it should be more powerful than that of the sky breeze, speaking of it has detachable hard points for ink bombs if the pilot wants to use them. Lastly it should be mentioned the engine can be shut off in flight to enter glide mode, which is kinda like sneaky mode but with the whistling of wind as the only noise made...until the engine is turned on again, though it'll certainly be unnerving to hear just a woosh before being splatted.

Aircraft aren't allowed...Unless its a super weapon I guess... either way Happerry says no to this, so just ignore it.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 05:37:41 pm by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 27, 2019, 03:07:30 pm »

Alternitive for the Roll-Out

Splatroller/Inkroller

The Inkroller as its officially called, or Splatroller as most call it, is what happens when you take what is called a 'steamroller' and then just give it a good engine and make it lighter than what we believe the old things were. Regardless, in its simplest form, the Splatroller is a machine with a single big  and wide wheel in the front that is coated in ink, a smaller set of two wheels in the back also covered in ink, and a bit of plastic as a hood that protects the driver from almost all angles in the front and makes the design a bit more fresh and sleek looking. This on its own would make it a decent bit of moving cover that could run over our enemies, but on the whole something more intimidating than actually efficient...at least if it had a slow speed. The Splatroller is actually fairly fast, not extremely so, but certainly able to at normal speed go as fast as the average octoling running in a full sprint, however, it has a little ability in tune with its engine that allows it to 'overcharge' and this is combined with a battery that has been added that, much like the one on the sky breeze. However instead of being utilized for a sneaky mode, its used for making the thing go faster and farther when 'overcharged'. To be quite blunt, the over charge is kinda like the vehicle equivalent of the hyper speed dash those who wield a Krakenblade have. In other words, it powers up the machine to go extremely fast and a fair distance, the exact distance depending on the charge of the battery, and said charge does take some time to actually start up again after it's used, but it should be able to break any line. Of course, it shouldn't be without support, as it likely won't turn well and also has the whole thing of having the pilot a bit exposed when attacked from the sides or rear, but when the inklings see a group of these things rushing at them with a charge of Octolings shouting out a battle cry, they'll likely run, and if not, well, they'll still be giving us that turf.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 28, 2019, 09:10:04 am »

The Roll-Out ():
- Use Vehicle Credit ():
Octobow ():
Splatroller/Inkroller (1): Failbird
- Use Vehicle Credit (1): Failbird

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 28, 2019, 10:43:04 am »

The Roll-Out ():
- Use Vehicle Credit ():
Octobow ():
Splatroller/Inkroller (2): Failbird, Piratejoe
- Use Vehicle Credit (2): Failbird, Piratejoe

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 28, 2019, 03:07:37 pm »

The Roll-Out ():
- Use Vehicle Credit ():
Octobow ():
Splatroller/Inkroller (3): Failbird, Piratejoe, Slick
- Use Vehicle Credit (3): Failbird, Piratejoe, Slick

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Octoling Development Facility - Splatoon Arms Race (Spring, Year 3)
« Reply #265 on: July 01, 2019, 05:33:01 pm »

Design : Splatroller/Inkroller (Average Difficulty+Token)
2+1 1+4 = 5: Average

The newly designed Inkroller vehicle is a marvel of Octoling engineering, using experience from the Sky Breeze Airships to craft a well designed deathmobile. The vehicle is almost completely immune to enemy fire from the front between the plastic windshield and the giant death roller that makes up the front wheel, if sadly not so immune from the sides, back, or top. While the engine in the Inkroller is fairly powerful, the Inkroller is a heavy machine and therefor can have certain issues cornering, accelerating, and turning the breaks on if driven carelessly. At least if the overcharge isn't on. While the overcharge can only be activated intermittently, while it is on capicator fed power is fed into the vehicle, overcoming its mass and allowing it to accelerate, or break, with ease, and increasing it's speed to 'smash through the walls' levels. This does result in the vehicle being a little... disabled when the overcharge turns off as the engine recovers, but hopefully all the enemies are splatted by then. The Inkroller has no room for passengers unless they want to ride on the top of the vehicle, which is something crazy Inklings would do, not sane Octolings.

Costs 4 Plastic and 0 Super Sea Snails, making it Expensive.

Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Octoling Armory (click to show/hide)

The Revision Phase of Spring, Year 3 has begun.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 08:08:38 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 04, 2019, 02:08:19 pm »

A.C.E
Aviation Combat Experts, or A.C.E, is a program to not only continue the suffering of our bureaucrats with the creation of yet more acronyms for training programs but also to make our Sky Breeze have people who are better trained in using the Sky Breeze, as well as improve the potential skills of crew members on the Typhoon and any other flying object we potentially make in the future. Of course, this is naturally easier said than done, after all, there are quite a few differences between flying a Sky Breeze and being part of the crew on the Typhoon. So, we split the program into three parts. The basics that all training in A.C.E go through, whether they are going on a big multi crewed airship or a small Sky Breeze. The basics consist of Arial Inkmanship, Spotting, how wind effects things, and also how to tell if something is broken or wrong, as well as a few other things that are found interesting. Then, its split between those going in the Sky Breeze's and those going into the Typhoon, or any other airships we make in the future. The Training with the Sky Breeze's is done by those refereed to as Ace's, in other words Octolings who have been flying for a while and have proven their extensive skill in the Sky Breeze, and important things taught in this section is how to use sneaky mode properly, how to do evasive maneuvers, how to effectively use the sails to get into or out of combat and to maneuver, and other fancy things that will make our Sky Breezes more annoying. Meanwhile, the Typhoon work will be mostly on maintenance, how to bomb things effectively, and more focus on spotting, naturally the more maintenance side of things will be taken care of by Helen, and honestly, most of the training for Typhoon work will be done by her and the captain of the Typhoon seeing how as far as we know those two are the best at flying giant doom machines of ink.

E.F.F.E.C.T.I.V.E.R.E.F.L.E.C.T.I.V.E
Engineering Focused Forces Equipped for Creative Tactical and Industrious Vehicular Enforcement and Repair as well as Expanded Fortification Leveling in the Extreme and Creating Transportation Infrastructure for Victory Establishment, or E.F.F.E.C.T.I.V.E.R.E.F.L.E.C.T.I.V.E, or the one acronym to rival  S.O.C.K.E.T.W.I.N.R.A.R. or Please have mercy on the bureaucrats and name it anything else, among other names, is a program to create Engineers. Combat Engineers to be exact. Their skills will be in the maintenance and repair of vehicles, the creation of defensive structures and fortifications, the creation of traps, the deconstruction of enemy fortifications, and lastly the least focused on aspect of the program but still important to be mentioned, the creation and maintenance of infrastructure to make sure those who are marching get to the front quicker. This needless to say is quite a lot for them to do, and they are commonly equipped with enough tools that they can only carry light weaponry. However, with the greatest engineer Helen training them, they should at the very least be very good at the repair of vehicles, though the other stuff might be a bit more difficult. Either way, they will make everything go on time and make defense just that bit easier for us and just that bit harder for our enemy. Those picked for the program will also be those with at least some artistic ability, or at least with some quick wit, mostly for fancy designs or funny writing to be added to vehicles for moral reasons.

S.A.M.U.R.A.I.L.I.F.E.
The Skilled Authoritative Marshal Unit Ready for Agent Infantry Leadership and Intellectual Fighting Exercises, or S.A.M.U.R.A.I.L.I.F.E is the program for picking the most tactically adept and inspiring agents to be put into leadership positions of squads, leading them through both good times and bad, and coming up with plans so cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a fox that will surely outclass the plans of any average old group of inklings. Of course, these officers will not only be trained in the art of tactics and inspiration, but also in being upstanding members of the military with class and honor. In other words Octolings for others to look up to and act as good roll models. Needless to say, this will lead to more effective squads as they are lead more competently, however, the S.A.M.U.R.A.I.L.I.F.E is not limited to just run of the mill agents. Those from the S.O.C.K.E.T.W.I.N.R.A.R project and any other future project can have those trained in the S.A.M.U.R.A.I.L.I.F.E as well. Additionally, while those of the S.A.M.U.R.A.I.L.I.F.E are officers, they can be equipped with whatever they want, however they always have a Krakenblade on their side, and tend to be at least semi skilled in using it. After all, what is an officer without their trusty blade?

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 05, 2019, 07:22:03 pm »

A.C.E. (0):
E.F.F.E.C.T.I.V.E.R.E.F.L.E.C.T.I.V.E. (0):
S.A.M.U.R.A.I.L.I.F.E. (1): Piratejoe
Since its been...quiet...

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 05, 2019, 07:27:56 pm »

Since its been...quiet...

I know right. Not been a single major post for anything since yesterday either.

A.C.E. (0):
S.A.M.U.R.A.I.L.I.F.E. (2): Piratejoe, Failbird

Also, as much as I wish we could go for 'the second coming of the Acro-christ', the simple fact is that Combat Engineers are basically worthless in a Turf War, where all the equipment is either basically immune to enemy weaponry or meant to be disposable, and long term fortifications only come in the form of 'stuff that was already there'.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 07:30:28 pm by Failbird105 »

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 18, 2019, 05:44:15 pm »

Oh right, probably should vote...

A.C.E. (0):
S.A.M.U.R.A.I.L.I.F.E. (3): Piratejoe, Failbird, Slick
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21