Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21

Author Topic: Octoling Development Facility - Splatoon Arms Race (Spring, Year 3)  (Read 26112 times)

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Octoling Development Facility - Splatoon Arms Race (Spring, Year 2)
« Reply #180 on: November 15, 2018, 07:29:27 pm »

Quote from: Veemobox
Balloon of Damocles (3): The Ensorceler, Failbird, DGR
Split Assault ():

Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 16, 2018, 09:10:15 am »

Balloon of Damocles (4): The Ensorceler, Failbird, DGR, Slick
Split Assault ():

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 24, 2018, 08:13:33 pm »

The Great Turf War of Spring, Year 2, has now Finished.

The Design Phase of Summer, Year 2 has begun.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 24, 2018, 11:37:17 pm »

"Aha! I have heard of this man, Zephyr!" A jellyfish cries as he comes flailing into the secret base. On that note, HOW DID HE GET IN THE SECRET BASE?
"Ah, panic not my fellow aqua-morphs! I intend to end this war with our side on safe land!" He then pulls out a scroll with old Octoine markings on it. "This is a letter from a Hero I believe could aid us - Zephyr is his name, and NINJA is his game..."

Type: Hero

Story: "So, I was wandering about the western reaches of Inkopolis, seeing if I could glean any top-secret information from idle chatter. After all, who would expect that a Jellyfish is a spy? Anyway, I wander down the wrong alley, and find myself covered with ink from behind! I turn to face the disturbance, and before me is a Splatted Inkling, and a strange Ling dressed in black.
"He was following you." The strange Ling says, pointing at the orange puddle with his sword. Then I realized he HAD a sword - A heavily modified Krakengard, longer and thinner than a normal one, that was always flowing. He had no visible guns, and I then realized there was a thin, hard to notice line of black ink trailing off from behind him. So, after that, we sat down, I explained the situation, and I hope I have convinced him to join our side!"

Design: "Oh, right, stories aren't enough to convince an army. Here's the notes I took on him..."

MODIFIED KRAKENGARD: A thin, longer version of the Krakengard, which seems to have a lighter draw on Ink Force, enabling a constant killing edge.

VANTA-BLACK INK: Absurdly dark, concentrated ink, of which even a thin line can be swam through, and my tests reveal that it takes at LEAST 5 layers of opposing ink to fully cover a line of Vanta Ink. It will likely take training for normal troops to be able to use it for movement, however.

ABSURD STEALTH: He claims to be one with "the Flow" of the Ink Force, enabling him to glide about the battlefield like his namesake. With how thin he can set his lines, he would be perfect for stealth missions, such as disrupting supplies, snagging zapfish, and even setting him to protect our resources from meddling Inkling hands!

POTENTIAL NEW FORCES: Should we recruit Zephyr, he has offered to set up an entire stealth force, and begin training them as soon as next season! Finally, our own version of those blasted Inkrunners!

So, whaddya say?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 02:30:16 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 25, 2018, 11:57:33 am »

Sky Breeze Octo-Balloon.
An alternative proposal of the Octo-Balloon with a longer name and designed a little bit more to be focused to the meaning of what knowledge that the machine granted us with. The Sky Breeze is a small light balloon that has room for a single pilot with two propellers for turning and additional speed. The balloon has two large cloth 'fins' on the side of the balloon that are used to pick up wind to gain more speed along with additionally acting as a stabilizer and another method of turning. (Though some claim that it wouldn't really improve speed.) Naturally like the original balloon design it is equipped with a splatling, however due to the new rubber band wind up, instead of being cranked by peddles it's turned by a smaller crank attached to the front of the cockpits instrument panel (which also has a simple speedometer and ink tank gauge as well) to get it ready to fire. Speaking of the cockpit, it's made similar to the original design but the wheel is given a duel role and can be pushed in and pulled out from its starting position rather than relying on a lever for altitude control, instead the lever controls if the fins are extended or folded in. It should be mentioned that it does still have peddles, but they are used to make the propellers go faster rather than crank the splatling. Naturally, like the original design its made not to use a zapfish and the tanks are left unchanged from the original design. Lastly, as a fast hit and run, it is still very lightly armoured, but it's still more protection than the original idea.

This should fit the meaning of Zephyr, help in the towers and forest, and just be nice to have in general. Also, if we get it we can officially say the Winged Hussars arrived for the memes.

Quote from: Veemo box
Sky Breeze Octo-Balloon (1): Piratejoe
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 25, 2018, 02:07:51 pm »

Sky Breeze Octo-Balloon (2): Piratejoe, Failbird

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 25, 2018, 02:31:28 pm »

Got Zephyr written out, might make some more edits later, but that's the basics.
Sky Breeze Octo-Balloon (2): Piratejoe, Failbird
Zephyr the Ninja (1): KitRougard
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 25, 2018, 07:39:18 pm »

Sky Breeze Octo-Balloon (3): Piratejoe, Failbird, DGR
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 25, 2018, 11:07:13 pm »

Sky Breeze Octo-Balloon (4): Piratejoe, Failbird, DGR, The Ensorceler

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 26, 2018, 04:08:41 am »

Sky Breeze Octo-Balloon (5): Piratejoe, Failbird, DGR, The Ensorceler, Slick

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 26, 2018, 01:04:05 pm »

OK, OK, fine, I just reskinned a hero idea that I had been holding for a while in order to force him into the Zephyr idea. But mark my words, VANTA WILL RETURN!
IN THE MEANTIME, AIR SUPERIORITY!
Sky Breeze Octo-Balloon (5): Piratejoe, Failbird, DGR, The Ensorceler, Slick, KitRougard
Zephyr the Ninja (0):
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 07, 2019, 01:03:58 am »

Design : Sky Breeze Octo-Balloon (Hard Difficulty)
2+1-1+1 = 3: Buggy mess

To start with, the Octo-Balloon does, in fact, fly. Despite all rumors otherwise, it is not a falling machine. It's just... well, not that good at flying. There were issues with engine miniaturization you see. And attempts to let pilots apply pedal power instead of using an engine came to naught with the Splattling still needing cranking. Yes, it is pre-wound up, but the rubber band doesn't last forever. A pilot can crank the gun, crank the craft, and pilot, but they can't do all three of those at the same time with any, you know, actual effectiveness. And attempts to make an engine powered Splattling lead to the balloon being too heavy to peddle around, so we had to use the engine for movement. Inertia problems, you see. Even with an engine it moves, well, you know, stately like. And yes, slower then was hoped for. Well, it can go faster with a good wind, because we did fit some sail-fins on it, but those need a skilled pilot to actually use to their own benefit instead of equally out the better movement with good wind by being a bigger, more visible target and the risks of being caught in a bad wind. Only certain Octoling Agents can manage the trick at all reliably, and even for them it's kinda hit or miss.

Out of all the things they are trained for, balloon piloting isn't actually one of them after all. And the thing still does have to land eventually to refill the ink tanks. Perhaps a proper training course could be made for vehicles? Just a thought.

But it does fly, and it does fight. That is what is important, right?

Costs 5 Plastic, making it Very Expensive.

Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Octoling Armory (click to show/hide)

The Revision Phase of Summer, Year 2 has begun.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 07, 2019, 02:27:53 am »

Flying It Now Successfully

The Flying It Now Successfully or FINS project is exactly what it says on the fin, erm, tin. To fix the Sky Breeze up. Specifically its engine issues and the crank issues in the hopes it will improve speed and it's ability to actually fly. First off, the small crank on the instrument panel is made to actually work, and the engine is given a good long look to try and get it to work optimally and hopefully get a better speed, though there is some work looking into replacing the engine with a battery charged with peddling and having it able to run on peddle power, battery power, or both at the same time along with a 'energy meter' should the method prove more efficient and effective. Also, there is a plan on the side to add a small lever on the instrument panel to determine what speed the pilot wants, but this is a simple side project to look into if things go well.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 02:31:08 am by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 07, 2019, 09:01:29 am »

Well, for lack of another option and because it seems like a generally good one,

FINS (1): Failbird105

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 07, 2019, 05:11:07 pm »

FINS (2): Failbird105, Piratejoe
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21