Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33

Author Topic: Inkling Research Facility - Splatoon Arms Race (Spring, Year 3)  (Read 34577 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Inkling Research Facility - Splatoon Arms Race (Spring, Year 0)
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2018, 02:33:18 pm »

I kinda want our special set up.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2018, 02:36:15 pm »

The Ink Inkilistics Armor would do as a special since it’s a great defensive tool against the threat of Ink, but the main problem is spraying as much ink as possible?

Quote from: Votebox
Bamboozler Cartridge Type: Emral282
Inkdisc Pattern A: Emral282, D7, Testmen
Paint Roller:
Plinker:
Inflatable Tentacle:
Infinite Ink Barrage:
Ink Armor: Emral282, SC

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2018, 02:38:54 pm »

The Ink Inkilistics Armor would do as a special since it’s a great defensive tool against the threat of Ink, but the main problem is spraying as much ink as possible?

Paint Roller:
Plinker:
Inflatable Tentacle:
Infinite Ink Barrage: TricMagic
Yes and no. This Infinite Ink makes use of the valves we already created. Ink Armor is more a Hero Special, not to mention it probably costs more SSS.

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2018, 02:42:19 pm »

Alright, firing modes are neat and adding a full-automatic function could be useful. Though I just realized that it's probably a bad idea to do this stuff in batches.
The Ink Cartridges would be more Semi-auto and that would be a function of precharging the shots.
One shot per cartridge but getting in 2-4 shots before needing to recharge vastly ups our burst damage.
And even if we get a bad roll that might just mean our troops have to manually put in the cartridges between shots which is still faster than our current charge times.

Yes and no. This Infinite Ink makes use of the valves we already created. Ink Armor is more a Hero Special, not to mention it probably costs more SSS.
Not really? The Infinite Ink isn't that useful to us because our Rate of Fire is already pretty bad and I don't see any reason that Ink Armor would cost more SSS or not be useful to the rank and file.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 02:45:58 pm by Emral282 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2018, 02:47:01 pm »

A moment. Why not a special?

Infinite Ink Barrage
Making full use of the special charge, this stores ink in a separate container that fills over time. Once full, it can be triggered to boost the range, damage, and fire rate of rapid type weapons with pressurized ink. There is no stopping this train of ink, everything in front of you can be hit. The fact it also leaves the Main Ink Tank full once it runs out is also a bonus.

It can be used on non-rapid weapons, but there it doesn't boost the fire rate as much, just keeps the tank full.

Having finished reading the ruleset, I should note that this makes use of those filters we created. We should already have a special slot on our gear.

Checks schematic

?

Not dumb enough to mess with that. Our firerate is low cause we can only fire when full. This removes that issue entirely for the duration of the Special.

It charges somewhat slowly, is hard to charge on the move, can not store a charge, has limited maximum range, has low ink usage efficiency hampering repeated use before one must refill their ink tank, and can not be fired while uncharged.

Nothing on Fire Rate here, either.

Also, there is difficulty to consider. we already have the SSS Protein Valves ready.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 02:48:35 pm by TricMagic »

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2018, 02:50:21 pm »

That second quote you gave is all about why it doesn't fire quickly.
We only get one shot per charge and pretty much have to be standing still to charge, and not that quickly.

Re: Difficulty
The Ink Armor isn't going to be that complex either though.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 02:51:59 pm by Emral282 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2018, 02:52:34 pm »

An always full tank allows us to keep firing, your Ink Armor will only get one burst from the Bamboozler before you have to retreat, otherwise, you'll get painted.

Armor may protect you, but not the ground you walk on, which will get inked. Once it runs out, that's it.

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2018, 02:56:55 pm »

And yet Ink Storage isn't our main limiter on how often we can keep firing, especially with our new filters, Charge Time is.
Also, on what grounds do you think the Ink Armor will only protect from one shot? It's just as likely to be that weak as your special is to only give us one extra shot.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2018, 03:02:29 pm »

? Are we talking to or over each other?

The grounds are that you will have to fire a single burst, then recharge your ink back to full before you can fire again.. Even with invincibility, that time will leave you open to retaliation.

It's not for the Ink Storage that my special design is for. It's the limitation of having to recharge the Ink Tank to fire again. This keeps it full, removing the need to recharge. The enemy also has the same weapon doesn't it? This is an advantage, since we can trigger it and push forward, while the other side has to wait.

I'm arguing over Ink Armor in Comparision to Infinite Ink as our special. I do not dispute the Cartridge Type. Speaking of Which..

Bamboozler Cartridge Type
Representing the next step in Ink Armaments, the Bamboozler Cartridge Type adds multiple Ink storing cartridges that allow their user to both precharge shots and charge multiple shots at the same time, vastly increasing firing speed.

Is this a Sub-weapon, Weapon, or something else? What's it's classification?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 03:06:34 pm by TricMagic »

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2018, 03:13:46 pm »

I think you misunderstand what charge means in this context. The Ink Tank has nothing to do with charge times, that's all in the Bamboozler. To fire it, the Bamboozler needs to charge up itself using Ink in the tanks, which will use some of the tank's Ink.

As written, the Infinite Ink Barrage lets us ignore the "will use some of the tank's Ink" part but doesn't remove charge times.

Bamboozler Cartridge Type
Representing the next step in Ink Armaments, the Bamboozler Cartridge Type adds multiple Ink storing cartridges that allow their user to both precharge shots and charge multiple shots at the same time, vastly increasing firing speed.

Is this a Sub-weapon, Weapon, or something else? What's it's classification?
It's an improved Bamboozler, which makes it a Primary Weapon.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2018, 03:15:27 pm »

Wouldn't it just fire until it ran out of ink though?

And improvements would be revision, I think.

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2018, 03:24:12 pm »

Wouldn't it just fire until it ran out of ink though?
No? The Bamboozler has to charge for every shot. The amount of Ink in the tank only matters insofar that we have enough per shot.
And improvements would be revision, I think.
The reason I have it as a design is because it's doing enough stuff that a revision probably won't cut it.
My thought process designing it was "I want to have a gun that doesn't require us to stand out in the open for way too long for every shot" but when I wrote up a version that only let us store a single charge I felt it was too revision like, which is why I added in the ability to store multiple charges to the design.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2018, 03:35:08 pm »

Hua.. I've rarely got the chance to play Splatoon.

Make more sense to do that then.
Paint Roller: TricMagic
Plinker:
Inflatable Tentacle:
Infinite Ink Barrage:
[/quote]

Paint Roller - Main Weapon
Hey, hey, what if we took a big tube, put it horizontal on a frame, and feed ink from the frame into the tube.  We could, like, roll over the ground with paint, man.

Paint Roller- Main Weapon Schematic
A Plasti-Foam Tube that is connected to a central core tube horizontally. The Core tube pushes out ink into the Plasti-Foam when it is pressed against the ground and rolled, or when a button is pressed, covering everything it rolls over with ink.

The Weapon Shaft is a Single Flow valve and plastic tubing layered in hard Plastic. This is connected to the ink tank itself. The button to charge the Plasti-Foam with ink to sling is located on the haft, opening the valve.

Note: This is the old valve design, since it simply needs to flow a single direction, and lock when not painting.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 03:38:43 pm by TricMagic »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2018, 11:08:52 pm »

Design : Inkdisc Pattern A (Easy Difficulty)
4+1+1 = 6: Above average

Paint Balloons have a long an honorable history in Splat Warfare, so the idea of taking them and revolutionizing them with new modern Ink Tech isn't a stretch. And neither, really, is the result. A simple and foldable plastic casing containing a balloon inflated by the Inkantry's Ink tank, a secondary smaller vial of ink that forms a hardened needle when a small lever recessed into the casing is flipped, and you have a portable balloon bomb that's much easier to use and less likely to randomly go off before you needed it then the old practice of carrying around filled balloons on your belt.

It still does have certain limitations, mainly in that it is a hand thrown weapon so of limited range compared to a proper ink gun even with the flingable disk shape, and that inflating it into throwing condition does take a few seconds limiting it's rate of fire. As well, attempts to use it as a land mine run into the fact that the disk-like frame is not especially stealthy unless the enemy is being actively distracted enough not to notice a small frisbee sized plastic thingamabob laying on the ground. On the other hand, tests have found that the Inkdisk only needs one good clean hit, between the impact and the ink explosion it unleashes, to Splat the average target, providing a very useful degree of close quarters inkpower. Indirect hits are less splat worthy, but still ink stuff up.

Costs 2 Plastic, making it Cheap.

Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inkling Armory (click to show/hide)

The Revision Phase of Summer, Year 0 has begun.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 11:26:00 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

testmen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2018, 11:26:24 pm »

Bamboozler Plunger Refiting
With some extra attention given to how the internal parts operate together and how it connects to the tank, we can hope to make some changes to reduce charge time and improve the weapon's handling.

It's going to be our main weapon at the start of the war, so I think it good idea to make it make it better for a general use weapon.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33