Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 59

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 4: We're Done Here  (Read 92634 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 3: Aftermath (11/12): Replacement needed!
« Reply #825 on: October 10, 2018, 03:30:21 pm »

Deus Asnoth after Caz you were my next suspect.
What will you say to earn back our respect?
This may not be something you were aware of, but I don't actually require your respect to win. If you have an actual case, lay it out and maybe I'll give you a real response.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: October 10, 2018, 03:31:06 pm »

The only reason for a community extend would be if people plan on being here. But, I'm not seeing any activity.
You know what, good point.
UnExtend. Hopefully we can hammer Teneb and get this over with.

Ninjaed by Deus
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: October 10, 2018, 04:52:26 pm »

...don't you need to rhyme?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: October 10, 2018, 05:24:49 pm »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: October 10, 2018, 05:27:03 pm »

No.
Wasn't going to say anything, but are you paying attention? I know it's 50+ long by now, but still. He has incentive to rhyme, which is it's own question.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: October 10, 2018, 06:03:08 pm »

No.
Wasn't going to say anything, but are you paying attention? I know it's 50+ long by now, but still. He has incentive to rhyme, which is it's own question.
"Need" implies has to. He doesn't have to rhyme.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: October 10, 2018, 06:44:15 pm »

No.
"Need" implies has to. He doesn't have to rhyme.
Yeah, I thought it was a post restriction or something.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: October 10, 2018, 10:02:12 pm »

It kinda sucks how little you guys are playing. Give me a moment and I'll whip up the day end votecount.
~~~
Votecount:

*(0) - heydude6:
*(0) - Shakerag:
*(0) - TricMagic:
*(2) - IcyTea31:  Persus13, Deus Asmoth
*(0) - TheBiggerFish:
*(0) - Persus13:
*(1) - Deus Asmoth: TheBiggerFish
*(0) - Piratejoe:
*(0) - Sheldon:
*(0) - webadict:
*(4) - Teneb: TricMagic, web, adict, piratejoe, heydude6

*: Personal extension not used.
Not voting: Teneb, Shakerag, IcyTea31

So it was decided that Teneb would die. The gaggle of people clustered around him, finding him asleep on a lawn chair he had found somewhere. Everyone just kinda stared until a strong wind blew him off the edge of the world.

Eventually he came back around.

Teneb was A Shitpost (town)
(Auto): Bonds Forged in Uselessness: [REDACTED]
(Auto): The Mod Dares You To: Each day the mod will PM you four “topics”. Once per topic, you can make it a strong component of one of your posts to gain a Shit. Claiming this ability(in a thread or chat) will make it so each “topic” you cover only gives you half a Shit for the current day and the next two after. “Topics” may or may not reference the game state. Topics will range from easy to include (the current role claims) to much harder (Minecraft music videos) and you’ll get a range in each selection.
(Day): Brown Notes: You can use this action to convert Shits into $, at the rate of 3$ per Shit.
(1-Shot, Night): Shitstorm [targets]: You role block or randomize any number of targets. Each target you roleblock costs you two Shits and each target you randomize costs you one Shit.
(1-Shot, Day): Shitnado [targets]: You ban from bidding or prevent from voting any number of targets. Each target you stop from bidding with this ability costs you two Shits. Each target you stop from voting costs three Shits
~~~
It is now Night 3. Send in your actions, folks. Night 3 ends 10:00 PM Central/Forum time Friday.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 10:14:32 pm by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: October 10, 2018, 10:03:44 pm »

It does, tbh.
Sigtext

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Night 3: Are You Even Awake? (9/13)
« Reply #834 on: October 11, 2018, 12:09:53 am »

I’m honestly surprised at scum’s ability to consistently convince us to lynch the wrong target. With such a high proportion of scum this game, you’d think that at least one of the suspicious players would be scum, but nope. We are either so inept or the scum really brought their A game.

Anyway, before I’m called out for breaking the rules, let me just say that special circumstances are allowing me to post at night. Also I have no incentive to rhyme at night so I don’t have to worry about that.

My main suspects right now are Deus Asnoth and Webadict

Deus because he drew a lot of suspicion during the end of the first day that we never got to properly attack or let him defend. During second day, people just decided that he was innocent without really stating why. The most townie thing he did was claim that Web was town, but that could easily be a case of a mafia defending his buddy. I wasn’t really one of the people who was passionate about his case during Day 1 so if someone wants to attack him it would have to be one of his original attackers (such as Webadict).

Webadict being a known mafia pro can really be a pain sometimes. If you were just the average player I wouldn’t suspect you being mafia at all, but considering some of the tricks you pulled in some of your more notable games (one of the early begginer mafias come to mind), I unfortunately have to keep my eye on you. Stuff like not voting for Caz, sending me waffles, and confirming my alignment would normally work out in your favour, but your pro skills unfortunately force me to be wary of a long con.

Thing is, it’s not like you haven’t done anything suspicious. This recent Teneb vote was a perfect example. You congratulated yourself on not jumping onto the Caz bandwagon, yet you jumped on to the Teneb one without giving a proper reason, and ended up shifting the vote into getting him lynched. Your post about the extensions being futile due to a lack of activity was what convinced me to join the bandwagon myself and I feel like an absolute idiot now.

Not jumping on the Caz wagon isn’t a townie tell either. Regardless of whether you joined or not, he was going to die anyway. You used his death and positive role flip to convince us that you had some sort of hidden affinity for determing who was or wasn’t town, but Teneb’s flip demonstrates that clearly isn’t the case. Caz turned out to be town, but he did not act like town. He was acting scummy all throughout that day, and when accusations were made against him his defence was terrible. The only post of his that seemed remotely townie was when he talked about being sad that he wasn’t able to use his role abilities, and though I agree that the emotion behind that post was sincere, scum would feel just as sad if they got an interesting role they wouldn’t get to use. I don’t understand what you saw that made Caz seem innocent so the only reason I could think of for you not joining the Caz wagon was because your position in the mafia allowed you to already know that he was town and you voting for someone like that would look bad on you at flip. Shame you didn’t apply that logic to Teneb, but I guess you wanted his vote removal ability out of the way so you could make the upcoming round a MILO.

Special note for TricMagic
Though your incompetence has saved you thus far, I really am starting to question your innocence. From what I understand, your mafia and town play aren’t really that different from each other. Therefore, the idea that you are too insane to be mafia isn’t really a valid one. Though your incompetence can explain why you voted for Teneb (who in hindsight was a moronic lynch since he claimed neighbour and revealed Persus13’s anti-town role name, when he could have done that to his scum buddies in private), it’s also possible that perhaps there’s a method to your madness. A hidden genius behind your actions. If a scum team gave you proper guidance, I can’t imagine it to be too hard for you to absolutely wreck the game for town. I won’t be perusing you today (too much WIFOM), but if we manage to lynch some scum and get breathing room, know that I will come after you.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: October 11, 2018, 12:15:21 am »

Addendum to Tric note.

I would like to look at initial group of people who started to whine about your incompetence on Day 1. I feel like the hatred for you arrived before you started to make posts that warranted it. I suspect character assasination and though Caz was ultimately town, perhaps your other detractors might be less innocent.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: October 11, 2018, 08:47:43 am »

Its night. Y'all need to be quiet.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: October 11, 2018, 08:57:50 am »

The live player count appears to have skipped 10.
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: October 11, 2018, 09:57:08 am »

The live player count appears to have skipped 10.
Apologies, that's my mistake.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Night 3: Are You Even Awake? (10/13)
« Reply #839 on: October 11, 2018, 10:18:53 am »

Also, "total players" didn't count Sheldon at his introduction.  Without counting Sheldon, the count would be 10/12.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 59