Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 59

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 4: We're Done Here  (Read 92770 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 2: The World Falls Over (12/12)
« Reply #735 on: October 03, 2018, 05:56:53 pm »

TheBiggerFish:
TBF:
What's your opinion on the Caz wagon?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: October 03, 2018, 06:05:13 pm »

Personally, I'm pretty sure we have someone who can confirm his roleblocker claim, if only on who he roleblocks. I'm waiting on that before a decision.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: October 03, 2018, 07:04:31 pm »

Right, bit bored. Night all, see you on the next day.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: October 03, 2018, 09:10:25 pm »

Hey, me too. And I slept a little better last night.

Honestly, it's not so much that I trust people easily. Or maybe it is. I'm not entirely sure. Frankly speaking, logical debates in this game are just as difficult to parse as any other argument. There's not really any good ways to do it. I find that an emotional reading of other people's posts are a much better way to do it.
Alright, that sounds like a fair explanation. Definitely makes me understand your picks for town quite a bit now so that alone really helps in my judgements.

Or, I did, until people called me scummy but voted for Deus anyway. That just makes me fear that Deus might be Town and then he gets lynched and it just moves directly into my own lynch. Which is a MUCH worse alternative that had I just been lynched alone. If Deus is scum, it turns out peachy-keen, but then what was scummy about me? It really screws with my compass.

Of course, that type of thinking is scummy, but I'm sort of still paranoid, which isn't all that rational to begin with. I can only try to rationalize it.

Essentially, I'm likely emotionally compromised.
Well, I'd be a bit sus if people called me scummy and then voted for the one I said was scum, though then I would be worried about if it was merely a ploy to make me doubt myself, retract my statement, and get the finger pointed at me and then have me be the one with the noose instead of the one I said was scum. And don't worry, I'm always paranoid, well, almost always...Actually, not really, Its not paranoia when people are actually out to get you, is it? Also, try to take a few breaths and a good moment to try and not be compromised...as being compromised is bad.

I was thinking Caz was Town based on his buying of the power on Day 1. I actually think his defense was just fine, and it really put me at odds with IcyTea because they were arguing about stupid garbage. If I had to re-review it, it's not really anything special. It's not a Town move, but it's not a scum move. It's just a power move.

I would actually not be opposed to Caz being lynched now. If you are voting for him, it's likely that he IS scummy, because I think you're more likely Town than not.
So you thought his power play plan was a decent move, that makes sense considering it honestly wasn't a bad move, though certainty wasn't a town or scum move as you say yourself. And yeah, I'm voting for him because I really really think he is scum and if he isn't I'll genuinely be surprised. As for the spiral of scummyness.

But, that just raises the question that's continually plaguing me: How can I trust that feeling if I can't even trust my feeling on scum picks? It's like it's own downward spiral, where I continually question everything until I've neutralized my thinking and picks.

Are you starting to see the issue? I'm scummy because I can't make up my mind, but I can't make up my mind because I'm trying to be helpful to Town, but I can't be helpful to Town because I'm thinking about how scummy I am. Each issue only compounds itself upon the last, and now I'm drowning in more and more problems.
So in other words, tantrum spiral but mafia edition. Sounds fun. To be more serious though I fully get what you mean there, a cycle that just goes down and down like a aircraft in a stall until it hits the ground hard and the fuel tank explodes. I think if you get the time, walk away from the screen and think about what you have read, staring at the screen and rereading what was said is sometimes not as effective as laying down and staring at the ceiling lost in thought about what was written, or staring out the window and doing the same...It works for me at the very least anyway...

Who do I trust? I can't rationalize just following someone else's train of logic without supplementing my own, but then I'm just a petty follower, which has worked occasionally in games, but in those games, I could always praise the potential sweet grip of death by scum in those games as a last resort for everything. There is no such thing in this game. The only way out is to do so poorly that you get lynched. Frankly, that's terrifying, but probably only to me. It's a festering type of fear, eating away at my patience and reason.

So, hopefully, that helps you understand where I'm at. I don't want to just "step away" from the game, because we literally have very little time left, and I'm sitting here just twiddling my thumbs trying to figure out what I even want. Do I want Deus lynched or Caz lynched? Am I screwed either way? I even have thought of dozens of other potential plans, including lynching myself. None of them stand out to me as THE plan.

Your thoughts?
Don't let fear eat away at you, you shouldn't have to worry about getting lynched or following, and sometimes, when you trust no one, the best one to rely on is the least or second least suspicious person. And yes, this really helps me understand where you are coming from, maybe the coming night will let you relax and recuperate a bit allowing you to hopefully be back at your A game, or at least give you if not a plan, a vague idea of what you need to do. As for my own thoughts on all of this...I'll be honest, I hate to say this but I think I might be trusting you, which worries me because there is almost always that little bit in the back of my mind saying "You'll regret this", then again I get that alot when I start to trust someone. Still, you are off the list for now, and while I'm not certain if you are town or not yet, I certainty trust you a bit more...Though this all could be you trying to use the tactic that got you to trust TBF on me but done in a much more elegant manor that has logic in it as well, after all you are the king of this game for a reason, but I'm going to give you a chance, hopefully its not the last thing I do...
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: October 03, 2018, 09:37:53 pm »

"Looks like you've made up your minds."

Fierce snarls, twisted faces. Hate? Caz seen. Crowding. No touch, but a stumble is enough. A stumble from the height of a skyscraper into the endless sideways sky. That was enough.

Votecount:

*(0) - heydude6:
*(0) - Shakerag:
*(0) - TricMagic:
*(2) - IcyTea31: Caz, Deus Asmoth
*(0) - TheBiggerFish:
*(5) - Caz: piratejoe, heydude6, IcyTea31, web, adict, Persus13
*(0) - Persus13:
*(2) - Deus Asmoth: TheBiggerFish, Shakerag
*(0) - Piratejoe:
*(0) - Sheldon:
*(0) - webadict:
*(0) - Teneb:

*: Personal extension not used.
Not voting: Teneb

Around the world Caz fell, and in the end splattered against the skyscraper, dead. Or dead enough.

Caz was Euglandina Rosea (town)
(Auto): Highly Invasive Species: You alignment inspect as survivor.
(Night): Devour [target]: Well, um, you can’t actually eat your target alive, but you can chomp down on their abilities. Disables a random ability in your target’s role until the next night. You can use two night actions instead of one for this one in order to remove the ability from their role instead of disabling it. Each time this ability is successfully used, gain a shot in Reproduce.
(0-Shot, Night): Reproduce [target]: Gain an extra night action. Permanently.
(Night): Infestation [target]: Costs two night actions to use. You infest your target’s house with snails and use their eyes to see who visited them. If you use three instead of two night actions on this, you also learn the abilities used on them.
(Add-On): Flood of Snails: Unlike normal add-ons, costs a night action to use. The action this is used with cannot be roleblocked or have its target changed.

(1-Shot, Day): Authentic Belgian Breakfast: Gain an extra action this night.

~~~
If your vote was on Caz, gain 6$.
~~~
Night technically 2 has begun. It will end in 48 hours at 10:00 PM, Friday. Central/Forum time. Send in your actions or lack thereof.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 08:47:06 pm by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Night 2: The Invasive Species, Crushed (11/12)
« Reply #740 on: October 05, 2018, 11:01:12 pm »

Let's process those night actions, folks.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 3: Aftermath (11/12)
« Reply #741 on: October 06, 2018, 12:52:13 am »

As expected, nobody was dead. Null didn't look too happy but given that there was more death in the future, he relented in his considerations of nuking the world.
~~~
If you are not prevented from such, gain 20$ in stipend at the start of the day. If you need a reminder about how much money you have I can send you the info in private.
~~~
Votecount:

*(0) - heydude6:
*(0) - Shakerag:
*(0) - TricMagic:
*(0) - IcyTea31:
*(0) - TheBiggerFish:
*(0) - Persus13:
*(0) - Deus Asmoth:
*(0) - Piratejoe:
*(0) - Sheldon:
*(0) - webadict:
*(0) - Teneb:

*: Personal extension not used.
Not voting: heydude6, Shakerag, TricMagic, IcyTea31, TheBiggerFish, Persus13, Deus Asmoth, Piratejoe, Sheldon, web, adict, Teneb

Day 3 has begun. Day 3 will end Wednesday 8:00 PM Central/Forum time. Community extension yet unused.

Spoiler: Auction Rules Day 3 (click to show/hide)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: October 06, 2018, 12:55:12 am »

Quote from: Sheldon

Great news, friends! heydude6 is almost certainly town!
The chance that he could be a godfather is diminished by half thanks to my special ability.
Unfortunately, I forgot to use the waffles before day ended, so I could only check one person. I strongly encourage letting me have the waffles unless you can categorically state you have a better night power.

Sheldon continues to endorse webadict as your best lynch vote for the day.
And if you have any powers that can keep me in the game (ie, prevent alignment changes), uh, now's a good time to start using them.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: October 06, 2018, 06:33:39 am »

I learned something interesting last night. That IcyTea is lying. He doesn't have more money than the rest of us. And since mafia can only pass the cash at night.. He also wasn't in his house at all last night, so there is that. What did you do?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: October 06, 2018, 07:41:46 am »

Great news, friends! heydude6 is almost certainly town!
The chance that he could be a godfather is diminished by half thanks to my special ability.
Well, Heydude was at the top of my list of suspects, but if he came up town, I'm willing to believe you. I have an auto ability that says alignment inspects on me are accurate, so that does make me concerned that there are things that mess with inspects.

I learned something interesting last night. That IcyTea is lying. He doesn't have more money than the rest of us. And since mafia can only pass the cash at night.. He also wasn't in his house at all last night, so there is that. What did you do?
IcyTea, you hadn't acquired any items in the last few days, did you?

Bid $20 on the Starver 2-shot, and $10 on the Mystery Box
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: October 06, 2018, 08:44:28 am »

...I can best weather that posting mystery box if it's evil.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: October 06, 2018, 08:55:35 am »

...Caz was innocent... The fact that he played so scummy and yet he was actually town and not at the very least a jester roll makes me just...I'm not angry, I rarely ever get angry, I just feel massive disappointment right now... Moving on from that to more important things...
I have to ask two questions here, one to Icy tea and one to more or less the rest of the town... 1. Is it possible his money level isn't hidden thanks to his role? 2. Is there possibly a framer esc role just instead of framing they just say insert name here has X amount of money if they ever get investigated?

Other then that, IcyTea, you might want to say something soon
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: October 06, 2018, 09:28:42 am »

I wasn't lying about having more money. It "vanished" last night, which I assume means someone stole it or burned it. I was actually expecting to have a watcher on me, but apparently not. And yes, I wasn't "in my house" because I performed an action.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: October 06, 2018, 09:29:25 am »

Also, 11$ on the Mystery Box.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: October 06, 2018, 11:53:54 am »

I will bid $20 on the mystery box
Also, don’t forget that Deus Asnoth’s lurking was a ton of bollocks.

Btw Sheldon, thanks for confirming my alignment
But can you tell me why you see web with such malignement?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 59