Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 59

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 4: We're Done Here  (Read 92891 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 2: The World Falls Over (12/12)
« Reply #690 on: October 02, 2018, 04:28:25 pm »

Fun. Pretty sure that if you are town, then Teneb is the one you should go for.

Why?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: October 02, 2018, 04:40:11 pm »

I don't really see Deus as a valid lynch. What info do you think lynching him gives us?

Also, Persus, Teneb, please get to killing each other. What happened to that fight?
What happened is Teneb hasn't posted since he decided to angrily vote me. Kindof hard to argue with someone who isn't there. So, why are you so interested in me and Teneb? Don't you have your own leads to pursue?

Persus13: Slight scum. Claiming a neighbourhood smells slightly of a gambit to excuse buddying, but that itself has been on the lower end. This will require thought, but it's a subject too easy to lie about to be worth questions.
What's a neighborhood in this context?

Hey, just so you guys know. Deus Asnoth is now leading with 4 votes due to the addition of Web's and Caz's votes. Caz on the other hand only has two votes due to the loss of Web's vote and the loss of Icytea's. Thing is, no one has really put forth any arguments to make the vote change in this specific way so I don't really think this is justified. Will someone please put forth a case for why the lynch target should change or should I just assume that the scum have some sort of conspiracy to keep Caz alive?
Caz has three votes, cause mine is still on him. Not really sure why you're directing this to everyone and not to Web and Caz, and I think if you have read their posts it should be fairly obvious why they switched.

That leaves heydude6, piratejoe and Shakerag. Out of those I want to say piratejoe is the scummiest to me but that's probably clouded by just how violently he dislikes me :P I thought heydude was town early on but they seem going the other way. Shakerag seems most townie to me. But these are all just feelings.

Deus being the hammerer (is that the right term?) of the extend clears them further imo. I mean, extending for 2 days when you've secured a lynch on a town member is gambitty as hell. If the scum are in the 'extend' group I would hazard a guess that they would be the earlier adopters rather than the later as they wouldn't really want it to go through.
So if you think DA is town, why are you still voting for them?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 1: Er, What (13/12)
« Reply #692 on: October 02, 2018, 04:41:05 pm »

So securing the waffles really was a motive for your high bid? Would you rank it less or more important than "seeing who's moneybags"?

Sure. Tbh the money thing was actually the opposite. I wanted to make sure that anyone with any more money wouldn't bid by loudly saying that I wanted to see who would reveal their money... so they wouldn't. Before you claimed you were rich I didn't even know anyone would have such a role (though seemed like a likely mechanic). I was also overexcited by the thematic RP flavour of my char acquiring waffles to eat. Damn, day1 seems so long ago now. In the mists of time...

It's a valid mindgame for scum because scum doesn't have to fear being blocked by scum upon implying a powerful role, and can thus say that they got lucky about not being blocked; the same as when mafia claims a power role in a regular game with kills. As for it being a town gambit to lure blocks to a weak role, it'd be unreasonably expensive to spend all your money on an item not particularly useful to you.

Hold on a sec. Did you just imply you're scum?

scum doesn't have to fear being blocked by scum upon implying a powerful role

Scum doesn't have to fearbeing blocked by scum. But they do have to fear being blocked by town. You claimed that you're a roleblocker, but somehow scum shouldn't fear you, because you won't block them, because you aren't town.

Icytea31.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: October 02, 2018, 04:42:38 pm »

So if you think DA is town, why are you still voting for them?

Are you tired or something? I literally unvoted them in the post you're quoting.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: October 02, 2018, 04:57:09 pm »

I would be a bit careful there Caz. You do remember there is an item that will block you for sale, right?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: October 02, 2018, 05:01:07 pm »

To Note, Teneb not posting is not required to pressure him. Go look over his old posts and point some things out for your case.

TBF, please post a case.

PirateJoe, please sink Caz's case to the bottom of the sea.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: October 02, 2018, 05:06:47 pm »

To Note, Teneb not posting is not required to pressure him. Go look over his old posts and point some things out for your case.
Dude, I know how pressure works. If you didn't sound so condescending, I think a lot fewer people would be so hostile towards you. Also, that still wouldn't change the fact that Teneb hasn't shown up since his last post.

You're the one who seems to think lynching Teneb is a good idea. Why don't you do that? Or are you too busy doing nothing?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: October 02, 2018, 05:07:11 pm »

Hey, just so you guys know. Deus Asnoth is now leading with 4 votes due to the addition of Web's and Caz's votes. Caz on the other hand only has two votes due to the loss of Web's vote and the loss of Icytea's. Thing is, no one has really put forth any arguments to make the vote change in this specific way so I don't really think this is justified. Will someone please put forth a case for why the lynch target should change or should I just assume that the scum have some sort of conspiracy to keep Caz alive?
Caz has three votes, cause mine is still on him. Not really sure why you're directing this to everyone and not to Web and Caz, and I think if you have read their posts it should be fairly obvious why they switched.
Sorry about that, after searching around for it I found your vote.

---

After the extension there was a 3 hour drought were no one said anything of note

And I feared, that as the deadline neared
people would lynch the wrong guy
without thinking hard about why
So that's why I interfered

And look what I've got, suddenly we have activity again
I achieved what I sought, so hopefully we'll find the right men
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: October 02, 2018, 05:15:05 pm »

TBF, please post a case.

PirateJoe, please sink Caz's case to the bottom of the sea.

Why don't YOU do something?

AND ANSWER MY QUESTIONS FFS

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: October 02, 2018, 05:23:30 pm »

It's late, I've had a bad day, and I'm wondering. Not the best combination, and I'm thinking of revealing something of my abilities at this point anyway.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: October 02, 2018, 06:04:04 pm »

I'm making this post to say that I'm sorry I haven't been as active as I use to be as of late, but thats going to continue until tomorrow most likely. Sorry about that but family stuff is happening at the moment.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: October 02, 2018, 06:43:17 pm »

Caz: Scum. Put under further pressure, cracks are showing. I eased the pressure to see a reaction in the questions that I asked before the less critical ones.
Yeah, this just does not make sense. Caz is your only strong scum lead, yet you only voted for them towards the end of the day while also asking for an extension? And the claim that you were doing so as a tiebreaker rather than because you actually thought Caz was scummy. That means you either had no scum leads at coming into the final hours of the day, or you were lying about your motivations then, or you're lying about your reads now. None of those look good to me.

IcyTea
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: October 02, 2018, 06:45:01 pm »

... You know, he is the supposed roleblocker/moneybag. Teneb the only other we have info on at the moment. That and the whole MS bit.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: October 02, 2018, 07:01:49 pm »

So securing the waffles really was a motive for your high bid? Would you rank it less or more important than "seeing who's moneybags"?

Sure. Tbh the money thing was actually the opposite. I wanted to make sure that anyone with any more money wouldn't bid by loudly saying that I wanted to see who would reveal their money... so they wouldn't. Before you claimed you were rich I didn't even know anyone would have such a role (though seemed like a likely mechanic). I was also overexcited by the thematic RP flavour of my char acquiring waffles to eat. Damn, day1 seems so long ago now. In the mists of time...

It's a valid mindgame for scum because scum doesn't have to fear being blocked by scum upon implying a powerful role, and can thus say that they got lucky about not being blocked; the same as when mafia claims a power role in a regular game with kills. As for it being a town gambit to lure blocks to a weak role, it'd be unreasonably expensive to spend all your money on an item not particularly useful to you.

Hold on a sec. Did you just imply you're scum?

scum doesn't have to fear being blocked by scum upon implying a powerful role

Scum doesn't have to fearbeing blocked by scum. But they do have to fear being blocked by town. You claimed that you're a roleblocker, but somehow scum shouldn't fear you, because you won't block them, because you aren't town.

Icytea31.
Yeah, okay, see...

I... don't...

I lost my motivation to support you. I'm gonna side with piratejoe on this one. I'll vote Caz. Or Deus (desu [Doopliss]). I don't even know anymore.

My brain is essentially fried at the moment. I'm incredibly tired because I've been sleeping on the floor waiting for a real bed, and I've had just about the worst couple of days in a while.

I'm moving TricMagic up to your spot in the list. Probs a bit higher, what with the freakout. Shows he's pretty Town. Super Town, even.

I don't understand Caz's reasoning in this post. I think I'm gonna trust everyone else that I'm the stupid one here because I've failed completely to see what I need to.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: October 02, 2018, 11:57:56 pm »

I... don't...

I lost my motivation to support you. I'm gonna side with piratejoe on this one. I'll vote Caz. Or Deus (desu [Doopliss]). I don't even know anymore.

My brain is essentially fried at the moment. I'm incredibly tired because I've been sleeping on the floor waiting for a real bed, and I've had just about the worst couple of days in a while.

I'm moving TricMagic up to your spot in the list. Probs a bit higher, what with the freakout. Shows he's pretty Town. Super Town, even.

I don't understand Caz's reasoning in this post. I think I'm gonna trust everyone else that I'm the stupid one here because I've failed completely to see what I need to.

mannn

what happened to your Deus case?  You had convinced me.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 59