Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 59

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 4: We're Done Here  (Read 92929 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 2: The World Falls Over (12/12)
« Reply #675 on: October 01, 2018, 09:18:52 pm »

Ok, TricMagic is officially too stupid to be scum.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: October 01, 2018, 09:32:26 pm »

oh yay, we extended.

I'll bet activity suddenly drops off.

Good job wasting more time everyone.  I hope everyone who voted for the extend has super high activity.  (I bet you won't).

webadict
So .. extend vote went through ... why are you unvoting?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: October 01, 2018, 10:46:09 pm »

Glad to know I wasn't the only person who didn't think extending was necessary. On the bright side we'll be able to hear icytea's testimony, that should inspire more confidence in people.
Alright, I'm back from a family celebration. It will take me a while to dissect all these walls; I'll read everything even if I don't respond to it. Extend, and in case it doesn't go through, I'll leave my vote on Caz for now to break the tie.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: October 02, 2018, 03:09:50 am »

Glad to know I wasn't the only person who didn't think extending was necessary. On the bright side we'll be able to hear icytea's testimony, that should inspire more confidence in people.
Here's what I had to say about the posts during my absence:
The most important of my questions were answered sufficiently by other people's inquiries over the weekend. Caz seemed like a decent lynch under the time pressure. However, now that we've extended, I'll unvote and move to less critical questions.

persus, icytea, webadict and tricmagic - all voted to extend even though the person they were voting was to be lynched. explain why you did this please. i know webadict wanted deus rather than me but i don't understand the other ones.
My vote on you was a plan B in case the extend didn't go through and I didn't have enough time deliberate. I'd still like you to answer to my questions in the post I linked above.

Webadict:
I am fairly sure we're at a critical point where we're at LYLO, if only because of the vote-stealing ability. I'm not confident on that, but... I don't really know how many scum there are.
For us to be at LYLO, there must be five scum, or four with the voteblocker one of them, or four with an unknown ability. Teneb claimed the voteblock, so what do you think is the case?

Maximum Spin/Sheldon:
Your primary lead against Persus and Teneb is that you didn't post in their Quicktopic when someone did under the name "Sheldon". Do you understand that they don't need to be lying about someone posting anonymously?

TricMagic:
Please focus on your posts' substance rather than their quantity. Asking a question, spurring the subject 3 hours later and giving up another 3 hours later is not an effective scumhunting strategy; you should give your targets a length of time longer than the average human's sleep cycle to respond.

There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: October 02, 2018, 07:44:53 am »

Of course I would extend, you were still missing a vote. The fact you're still here.. 1 vote was left, but we didn't have it.

PLEASE tell me you don't think you have to hammer for a lynch to go through.

The first is Pacifism. The only way for somebody to die is the lynch. There is no Mafiakill, but there will be more mafia to compensate. If the number of mafia equals the number of non-mafia, the mafia will win. If there would be a no-lynch, the mafia will instead choose who to lynch.

The second is Money. At the start of every day, every living player gains 20$(on Day 1, each player gains 50$ instead). During every day, abilities will be put up for auction in various ways(for example public bid, private bid, closed bid, etc). When a player is lynched, their money is divided up among the people who were voting them. If a no-lynch occurs then the mafia get the money from the lynch subject. The mafia can transfer money among themselves during the night. The amount of money each player has is private but inferences can be made.

Are you up to the challenge? If you decide to go In, please try to find someone else to join the game with you.

I assume that this means we need a majority for a lynch to go through. Is that not true GM? Is 5 enough to lynch if the day ends?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: October 02, 2018, 07:50:38 am »

1 is enough to lynch if he's the only one voting. You don't need a majority to lynch.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: October 02, 2018, 07:54:29 am »

I am really used to games where a full majority is needed..

Where, at least there is some time for more discussion.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: October 02, 2018, 07:54:55 am »

.. Well, not Where.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: October 02, 2018, 02:36:00 pm »

Hey, just so you guys know. Deus Asnoth is now leading with 4 votes due to the addition of Web's and Caz's votes. Caz on the other hand only has two votes due to the loss of Web's vote and the loss of Icytea's. Thing is, no one has really put forth any arguments to make the vote change in this specific way so I don't really think this is justified. Will someone please put forth a case for why the lynch target should change or should I just assume that the scum have some sort of conspiracy to keep Caz alive?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: October 02, 2018, 02:53:43 pm »

IcyTea, who do you think is scum? You've said that Caz was an ok lynch under time pressure, and webadict is probably town. As far as I can tell those are the only opinions you've voiced on anyone today, so it's kind of odd that you're using the extension to unvote and move onto less critical questions without an apparent effort to make a case on anyone.

Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: October 02, 2018, 03:23:11 pm »

I don't really see Deus as a valid lynch. What info do you think lynching him gives us?

Also, Persus, Teneb, please get to killing each other. What happened to that fight?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: October 02, 2018, 04:10:45 pm »

Tbh I didn't realise Deus extended as well until now. unvote My picks for scum are getting really limited. I suppose it's possible that scum extended but it works against them and the 'oops we lynched the wrong guy' is easy to do esp when everyone seems convinced I'm scum. And TricMagic not knowing the basic rules of the game shows me that he's not being guided by a team, so... wtf.

Persus13, Teneb, IcyTea31, webadict, TheBiggerFish, Deus Asmoth - by virtue of extending
TricMagic - by virtue of being clueless

That leaves heydude6, piratejoe and Shakerag. Out of those I want to say piratejoe is the scummiest to me but that's probably clouded by just how violently he dislikes me :P I thought heydude was town early on but they seem going the other way. Shakerag seems most townie to me. But these are all just feelings.

Deus being the hammerer (is that the right term?) of the extend clears them further imo. I mean, extending for 2 days when you've secured a lynch on a town member is gambitty as hell. If the scum are in the 'extend' group I would hazard a guess that they would be the earlier adopters rather than the later as they wouldn't really want it to go through.

Icytea

I needed to secure the waffles because they ensured EXPONENTIAL POWER GROWTH but given we repeated the day and others gained more powers this day it puts a wrench in my plans to be the all-seeing snail of many eyes.
What do you mean by "others gained more powers this day"?

The other items and 2nd iteration of waffles. Actually I'm still unsure on the Sheldon thing, does he work as a player character with actions in the night depending on whoever controls him? I would assume so because of the bidding, right?

The bidding high was most useful because I would gain power early (also preventing others from this) though since after that we learned there's multiple auctions per day etc it seems less valuable. I still think they will be useful enough though.

Obviously I didn’t reveal this reason as we already have roleblockers in this game and having to use multiple actions hurts the exponential growthening.
Why didn't you lie, then? Securing the waffles and fighting back as defensively as you did would already imply you're worthwhile for mafia to block. Giving a few hints towards a weak role would have taken attention away from you. You put yourself in a situation that's lose-lose if you're town, but a theoretically valid mindgame if you're scum.[/quote]

Why is it a theoretically valid mindgame for scum? Your conclusions just sound like wifom to me. I could be lying about having a strong role just as easily to draw scum roleblocks away from more powerful players. Also these questions just seem like you went back to rolefishing like you were doing at the start of d1 lol.

At this point of the game, we use what we have, and we don't have a lot. But better to spin the wheel than let scum decide the lynch, no?

why do you post that like it's some wild revelation? no shit, random lynching is better than a no lynch. but spending 40 pages to figure out who that is is 3094832098 overkill. I'm a bit happier now that the extend happened (even if we don't get night action information, the voting info is at least useful forms of evidence) so we're not going 100% blind.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: October 02, 2018, 04:13:56 pm »

I should probably mention Teneb's silencing of TricMagic but I can't sort that out either way. Deciding on whether it was a townie action (or was just designed to look like one) is pure wifom, so I'm ignoring it for now.

Though I do agree that Tric shouldn't be allowed access to sharp objects, including votes. :P

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: October 02, 2018, 04:23:42 pm »

Fun. Pretty sure that if you are town, then Teneb is the one you should go for. Beyond that, those two would want more time to attack each other in thread, but nothing is happening.

I would have liked some waffles since the night was skipped earlier, but Sheldon snatched them up for 40 apparently.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 1: Er, What (13/12)
« Reply #689 on: October 02, 2018, 04:28:03 pm »

IcyTea, who do you think is scum? You've said that Caz was an ok lynch under time pressure, and webadict is probably town. As far as I can tell those are the only opinions you've voiced on anyone today, so it's kind of odd that you're using the extension to unvote and move onto less critical questions without an apparent effort to make a case on anyone.

heydude6: Town. Moved from the cheers as hector to active town play and scumhunting.
Piratejoe: Slight town. Active scumhunting, but gut says something is off.
TricMagic: Neutral. As Caz said, the odd play makes no sense for scum (though not particularly for town, either). It could ultimately be a ploy, though.
TheBiggerFish: Slight scum. Same as Tric, but there's the weight of his previous actions.
Caz: Scum. Put under further pressure, cracks are showing. I eased the pressure to see a reaction in the questions that I asked before the less critical ones.
Persus13: Slight scum. Claiming a neighbourhood smells slightly of a gambit to excuse buddying, but that itself has been on the lower end. This will require thought, but it's a subject too easy to lie about to be worth questions.
Deus Asmoth: Neutral. I don't see the scumminess others are claiming to see, but town play has been a little limited.
Shakerag: Neutral. Inebriation seems to be a great smokescreen; I can't quite read him.
Sheldon: Confirmed town.
webadict: Town. Downgraded from strong town, the flip-flops are slightly suspicious but more likely simply a changed mind.
Teneb: Slight scum. See Persus. Voteblocking Tric is pretty neutral.

The bidding high was most useful because I would gain power early (also preventing others from this) though since after that we learned there's multiple auctions per day etc it seems less valuable. I still think they will be useful enough though.
So securing the waffles really was a motive for your high bid? Would you rank it less or more important than "seeing who's moneybags"?

Why is it a theoretically valid mindgame for scum? Your conclusions just sound like wifom to me. I could be lying about having a strong role just as easily to draw scum roleblocks away from more powerful players. Also these questions just seem like you went back to rolefishing like you were doing at the start of d1 lol.
It's a valid mindgame for scum because scum doesn't have to fear being blocked by scum upon implying a powerful role, and can thus say that they got lucky about not being blocked; the same as when mafia claims a power role in a regular game with kills. As for it being a town gambit to lure blocks to a weak role, it'd be unreasonably expensive to spend all your money on an item not particularly useful to you.

why do you post that like it's some wild revelation? no shit, random lynching is better than a no lynch. but spending 40 pages to figure out who that is is 3094832098 overkill. I'm a bit happier now that the extend happened (even if we don't get night action information, the voting info is at least useful forms of evidence) so we're not going 100% blind.
You answered your own question there.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 59