Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 59

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 4: We're Done Here  (Read 93022 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 2: The World Falls Over (12/12)
« Reply #555 on: September 29, 2018, 08:04:24 pm »

Why am I going to bother, "1" is nowhere near "i".

Big Fish, do you have a Big List? Read list if you please.
Because I fucking asked you to quote the fucking post because your fucking Doopliss paranoia is getting on my fucking nerves.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 29, 2018, 08:04:49 pm »

...oooookay I'm just gonna...step away from the keyboard.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 29, 2018, 08:07:53 pm »

probably a good idea.. I just doing it to make sure, nothing more too it. Be nice if he didn't misspell it on purpose.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 29, 2018, 09:05:07 pm »

Auction complete! Sheldon has won the auction!

Sheldon has gained: (1-Shot, Day): Authentic Belgian Breakfast: Gain an extra action this night.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 29, 2018, 09:21:10 pm »

heydude:
Well, I’m conviced.
I vote Caz to be lynched.
What exactly convinced you?
Sure! As I mentioned before I was trying to make a case against Caz myself, due to inspiration from Shaekrag's initial prompting
Spoiler: Works Cited (click to show/hide)
But as mentioned in the quote, at the time I didn't think my evidence was substantial enough to put forward. When Tric made his post though, he ended up noticing the same things I did, which makes my suspicions more substantiated. Since it seems like Tric's posts aren't as comprehensible to others as I thought, I will make my own case, but with the better English.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: September 29, 2018, 09:21:58 pm »

So we begin our case on the first day. Waffles are placed on sale and the vote can go either way.
There's a bit of back and forth,
but then someone bids $50, way more than their worth.

Naturally that causes people to ask him a question,
but Icytea, is only faced with rejection

All I got from this exchange is that you think I have a powerful town role so you're voting me to try to get me to tell everyone the specifics of it. Ridiculous behaviour. IcyTea31

Do auctions end before a lynch? To make your behaviour even more townie you should bet $51 at the last moment so you can split my money before I spend it all on delicious, delicious waffles.

In return he receives an OMGUS,
Caz fishes for his role,
says some words Tric finds ridiculous

All I got from this exchange is that you think I have a powerful town role so you're voting me to try to get me to tell everyone the specifics of it. Ridiculous behaviour. IcyTea31

Do auctions end before a lynch? To make your behaviour even more townie you should bet $51 at the last moment so you can split my money before I spend it all on delicious, delicious waffles.

This post is in particular, ridiculous. What good does it do to spend 51$ and then get 50/7 back?

In other words, he acts like quite the troll.

When the deflection failed, Tric's vote is the first one mailed
And sensing that he's going to be tailed, he mounts a defense that I believe failed

Rather than be persuasive, Caz chooses to be dismissive.
And though that post is quite a lot,
I'll prove it to you by giving it all I've got.

The first bit we'll lop, is the one from the top

IcyTea31

You're getting more and more evasive as I put pressure on you, which is suspicious to me, keeping in mind the rules of the game. This all adds up to a stronger mafia than town read, and worth leaving my vote on unless someone scummier shows up.

Not telling you my role when you ask isn't being evasive. I've been pretty clear that I'm not going to tell you. Why are you so intent on rolefishing?

I could ask the same question to you. Earlier you demanded Icytea reveal his power
But when the same was asked of you, all you did was backtrack and cower.

If he has a game-breaking ability as Town, wouldn't it be equally appealing for the scum to know?
All scum needs to know is that Caz has a powerful ability at all to act accordingly. I believe knowing the details is ultimately more helpful to us than the scum when the mafiakill is not a threat.

You got surlier, when TricMagic voted you too,

I'm personally more worried that you want what is essentially his Money Caz.. Trying to bump him off?

What? Do you know how to read? I advised him to outbid me if I'm lynched because he will get more money that way. It's more of an acerbic comment than anything. Obviously if I'm voting him I'm trying to 'bump him off', that isn't news. Idk why you suddenly come in defending him with nonsensical posts either. You just seem to be following Icytea with no real effort to your posts.
You lost your composure and hurled an insult.
You called his posts nonsensical, but as we now know, your argument was producing the same result.

Right, we have enough people to hopefully do this.   Webadict/Caz

Splitvote, but why are you so defensive?

I have no idea what you are even doing now.
But you have his explanation in the quote right below

Splitting it, that's what.

People always seem to jump when votes keep switching, and I do need to apply pressure. That and Caz hasn't responded to my vote either.
But I'll be charitable, perhaps you didn't know.

Still there are things I cannot forgive
Why not actually post some content? You have made no useful posts so far. And getting snippy about you waiting for a response when it's been less than 2 hours and this day has several days remaining... Wow. TricMagic, who do you think is scum? (Apart from the obvious) and who reads as most town to you so far?
Cause you continue to be combative
His reputation you infect
you to try to change the subject,
yet you fail to prove why you should live.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 29, 2018, 09:22:40 pm »

What? You thought I was through?
No, there is still a part 2.

Our attraction of note
is the dissection of this quote
and the things that I say will be new.

We begin with the reveal of Teneb
That incentivizes pressure against persus
Smart people throw in votes, such as Web
Good, now that you tied the vote, I Hammer Persus13 Maximum Spin.

But look who shows up. It's Caz! Curses!:

TricMagic
Persus, a better vote than anything else in info gained.

explain yourself.

Now whether it's hate, or he's helping his mate.
Is not the main subject, I'm here to debate.

But out of all the people who threw in a vote
he goes after the one who can't stay afloat

And rather than go after a lead who's a bit more concrete
He attacks someone else, just cause he has the skills of a NEET

Of course, going after someone weak is not his only crime.
He defends persus with arguments, that are weak like last time.

(i lost which post i was replying to so this just became a general rant)

Thinking that webadict is town because they're active is the same lazy logic as thinking persus is scum because they have a rolename about lurking. You know we pick our rolenames but not our alignment, right? I dunno why that would make Persus more likely to be scum, infact since lurking is a sorta scummy behaviour and he has a legitimate excuse for it, "powers gained by lurking" I'd say that's a point towards him being town. (a very small point, but a point nonetheless) also it's been awhile since I played with persus but I think lurking is his... thing.

This thing is quite the dense shopping cart
so let's look at the pieces, as I rip it apart

Thinking that webadict is town because they're active is the same lazy logic as thinking persus is scum because they have a rolename about lurking. You know we pick our rolenames but not our alignment, right?

No complaints, here you're completely correct.
I'd buy you beer, but the rest is kind of wrecked.

since lurking is a sorta scummy behaviour and he has a legitimate excuse for it, "powers gained by lurking" I'd say that's a point towards him being town. (a very small point, but a point nonetheless)

You take the good will, that you earned at the start.
and contradict it with an argument that's not very smart.
Regardless if he is mafia, or if he is town
he's incentivized to lurk either way to bring the opposing team down

In truth, you're right, rolenames do not indicate alignment.
yet you stray from neutral, and give him a remotely positive assignment.

What you don't understand, when we casted those votes in our hand
is that we don't do it cause we think he's scum.
We try to make him post, cause lurking is dumb.

Anyway, I'm done. I think I made my point
Caz is scum. If you agree let us all vote in joint.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 29, 2018, 11:12:29 pm »

lol that bandwagon built quick. i've been busy but should be able to post tomorrow.

persus do you keep misspelling tric's name just to wind them up at this point? hahah

5am here so i really must sleep

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 29, 2018, 11:30:37 pm »

oh and don't even think about hammering before i post tomorrow if you do that i will actually haunt you srsly

ok goodnight

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: September 30, 2018, 01:33:34 am »

probably a good idea.. I just doing it to make sure, nothing more too it. Be nice if he didn't misspell it on purpose.
dude
there is no reason to do this that you didn't completely invent.
Sigtext

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: September 30, 2018, 01:36:30 am »

What's up you filthy sons of bitches?  It's drunk 'o' clock and Shakerag is here to be a drunkass motherfucker.

I
What
What
What
What
HEY TBF  COULD YOU SHITPOST SOME MORE YOU FILTHY WHORE

I
What
What
What
What
I know. TricMagic being useful, it’s quite the surprise.
Well, I’m conviced.
I vote Caz to be lynched.
And I will see you next sunrise.
WHAT THE EVERLIVING FUCK  How does TBF spouting garbage make you vote Caz?

Ugh, no offense guys. I'm sorta... mafia'd out right now. I really wanted a Night to give me some time to recompose, but I'm just... not doing anything right now. I really want to post, but I just can't seem to finds the will. I'll probably be doing short posts for some time.
Tra la la la la quit being a giant pussy.   Play the game you goddamn veteran.

Replace the "1" with an "i". Also Doopliss.

I saw that coming a mile away though, Persus. Also, the other had "car" instead of "care" for some reason.

It should be remembered that you are a duo.
OMFG  could you just shut the fuck up about the DOOpliss thing?  fucking scumhunt you goddamn doorknob of a player. 

I'm going to go ahead and unvote because I forgot my vote was still on Caz. I'll take a look through tomorrow when I'm feeling better and vote. I'm getting the impression that either Caz is scum, or TricMag1c is, but I can't decide which one.

And yes I'm aware that that causes a tie. We've still got two days.

Teneb Scummy, probably lied about the Sheldon thing. Not Scummy enough to consider fully lynching yet however.
Teneb did not lie about the Sheldon thing. I saw it too.

I'm going to go ahead and unvote because I forgot my vote was still on Caz. I'll take a look through tomorrow when I'm feeling better and vote. I'm getting the impression that either Caz is scum, or TricMag1c is, but I can't decide which one.

And yes I'm aware that that causes a tie. We've still got two days.

Teneb Scummy, probably lied about the Sheldon thing. Not Scummy enough to consider fully lynching yet however.
Teneb did not lie about the Sheldon thing. I saw it too.
da fuq.  You uncvoted Caz, but you think Caz migt still be scum?>  sq fuq is wrong with you son?

Replace the "1" with an "i". Also Doopliss.

I saw that coming a mile away though, Persus. Also, the other had "car" instead of "care" for some reason.

It should be remembered that you are a duo.
NO
ONE
GIVES
A SHIT
ABOUT
YOUR
FUCKING SUPER
MARIO
BULLSHIT

Hi Sheldon! What are your thoughts on the Duo and/or Caz? Also, a read list if you would.
HEY HEY
YOU PIPE PLUMBING PLUMBER
Give me a list of your top scum

I am quite interested in his argument. I think I can guess it.
yeah I would be fucking money you can't

...oooookay I'm just gonna...step away from the keyboard.
Honestly, that would be a good move for you.  And then you can hire someone to smash their face on the keyboard and make you less scummy.

dude
there is no reason to do this that you didn't completely invent.
OMFG TBF WHY ARE YOU NINJAING ME WHEN I HAVE TO PISS LIKE A GODDAMN RACEHORSE

also
um
oh

nvm

URGH god I have to pee, brbr.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: September 30, 2018, 01:50:54 am »

BLAH BLAHB LAH I'm rhhming shit
blach albh ablha blah blah could you fucking quit

I'm too drunk to read what you wrote
could you just fucking speak clearly-ote?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 30, 2018, 01:56:28 am »

hey

HEEEY

WUBBA

Who should I be votinf for right now?  I TRUST YUU MAN

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: September 30, 2018, 07:46:25 am »

Day 2 ends Monday 8:00 PM Central/Forum time. The community extension is as of yet unused.

We'll be waiting for the rest of today Caz.

As a note, I bid 26$ on the waffles. Sheldon, are you hiding something?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: September 30, 2018, 09:32:59 am »

lol that bandwagon built quick. i've been busy but should be able to post tomorrow.

persus do you keep misspelling tric's name just to wind them up at this point? hahah

5am here so i really must sleep

As I am bored.. Why do you think this band suddenly appeared? The Pressure has been rising for a while. Your posts do not help you, as shown by me not being the only one to notice the problem with them.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 59