Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 59

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 4: We're Done Here  (Read 93054 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 2: The World Falls Over (12/12)
« Reply #525 on: September 29, 2018, 10:03:35 am »

Reading that over, it was emphasis. Hua...

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 29, 2018, 01:47:49 pm »

Are we waiting for something?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 29, 2018, 02:04:47 pm »

Or he could be, y'know, learning how to play the game on the fly.

They're new?? I SWEAR TricMagic has been in other games, wtf.
My sentence here was in reference to PirateJoe, not TricMagic. I can understand how you mixed that up though.

If it comes down to it, I will vote up TBF at the last minute to save Tric, though I won't do such a thing if it results in a tie as I'd rather not give the mafia a free lynch...

wow, that's a lot of devotion you have for tricmagic. but i'm glad you're finally being honest about why you hadn't voted up until now, you apparently want to decide the vote single handedly. you know if you actually try this you will end up calling a mislynch where scum decides who goes? or is that not a concern for you or even a distinction you're willing to make???
Pirate literally mentions ties in the post you quoted.

If you think someone is on the scumteam, you shouldn't be worried about getting attention from other players for you pressuring them.
Alright, so in other words, don't draw attention to myself and just let people who pay attention make their own decision I take it. Sounds fair so long as people pay attention. I would like however for The Bigger Fish to actually try and argue his case though. Give him a chance to put him lower on the list and make Caz my no. 1...
And a voting someone can create pressure for them to post...

TricMagick, you keep repeating that Caz is Mafia. But what's you case on him, in more than two sentences, and without quoting your previous posts? I don't care what you said three days ago, I car what you say now. Also, telling people to be quiet when they are voting is not a good idea.
Of course I'm a bit detached, I thought we had gone over this stuff already.
What you think is enough content, and what other people think is enough content are not the same. If folks ask you for stuff, they don't want you to post old quotes about it, they want you to summarize it again. They've probably read the old quotes.

Are we waiting for something?
Its the weekend. Posts usually slow down on the weekend. Or maybe other folks are sick IRL like I am right now.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 29, 2018, 02:13:41 pm »

There is no k in my name. Also, Doopliss.

Posting it is then.

...Going to need to grab some stuff. Back in 10.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 1: Er, What (13/12)
« Reply #529 on: September 29, 2018, 02:46:54 pm »

*nom*

What do the waffles do?

And if you cut webadict in half, does it grow into two?
$50 on waffles *pop*

I'm just really hungry

who is mr. moneybags anyway?

This is what, 14 minutes. IcyTea earlier bid 24$ for them. Why the jump? He says it's to get mafia to reveal themselves, but that seems like an after the fact statement. It doesn't help that he just asked IcyTea after Icy said he could bid more. Also the deflection of an answer in the following conversation.

All I got from this exchange is that you think I have a powerful town role so you're voting me to try to get me to tell everyone the specifics of it. Ridiculous behaviour. IcyTea31

Do auctions end before a lynch? To make your behaviour even more townie you should bet $51 at the last moment so you can split my money before I spend it all on delicious, delicious waffles.

This post is in particular, ridiculous. What good does it do to spend 51$ and then get 50/7 back?

As an aside, 6*7 is 35, so we happen to be missing 15 from the MS Lynch. Sheldon, do you have it?

Spoiler: Next post waiting (click to show/hide)

This... Does not really help when added to another post later down the line. The TBF -Webadict comment is particularly useless.

This has been the start of the Icy train, Though at the moment, it was Caz/IcyTea. As you can probably tell, I was on  Caz for that crazy bid.
We also Got the Teneb/Persus duo on Sheldon, for some reason.. This ----

Actually, rechecking reveals something strange.. Is that right GM?

Right... This is a GM error most likely.. Ending first part.

Spoiler: And downhill from here (click to show/hide)

Needless to say, I'm voting Caz at this point.. Web posts right after saying it's up to IcyTea to stop Caz, but the waffles are back. And web now has the Role-Shield. Hope he can use it well.

GM Can we please get a Vote List? I noted TBF used a Blue Bold for some reason.
Rockeater: I don't trust you.

Other than that, posting first bit.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 29, 2018, 02:53:13 pm »

Oh for...
TricMagic: have you ever heard of a FoS.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 29, 2018, 02:53:44 pm »

Specifically:
FoS - Finger of Suspicion, writing someone's name in blue signifies a great deal of suspicion. It's kind of like a fake-vote, or the threat of a vote. Good for getting attention.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 29, 2018, 02:54:20 pm »

Also that's from the previous day.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 29, 2018, 02:55:01 pm »

K then. And no, that habit is not ingrained into me.

Yes it is.. Were you expecting a case to be made with just Day 2 stuff?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 29, 2018, 02:58:48 pm »

Oh for...
TricMagic: have you ever heard of a FoS.
... Tric is new?

Why are you doing the things you are doing?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 29, 2018, 03:04:09 pm »

Mostly because he asked me to make the case. As for everything else.. I am looking and judging.

Caz drops of for a bit, afterward and comes up with this sweet bit.
{Not including the one Icytea destroyed}

TricMagic
Persus, a better vote than anything else in info gained.

explain yourself.

TBF
I am so very tempted to vote Persus right now.  This is just...why the carp even.

why?

(As for why I'm not, I don't know if anyone would actually follow me in that, being as there's already webadict arguing to policy-lynch me.)

this concerns me. why do you only want to lynch someone if others will follow suit instead of voting people for their merit (or rather lack thereof)?

(i lost which post i was replying to so this just became a general rant)

Thinking that webadict is town because they're active is the same lazy logic as thinking persus is scum because they have a rolename about lurking. You know we pick our rolenames but not our alignment, right? I dunno why that would make Persus more likely to be scum, infact since lurking is a sorta scummy behaviour and he has a legitimate excuse for it, "powers gained by lurking" I'd say that's a point towards him being town. (a very small point, but a point nonetheless) also it's been awhile since I played with persus but I think lurking is his... thing.

TricMagic – scummy. doesn’t scumhunt, just wants to lynch whoever looks worst in the moment. Gives no reasoning for their votes either. Still hasn’t answered my question.
Maximum Spin - scummy. just seems to want to follow the most recent possible lynch without reason or investigation.
TheBiggerFish – slight scum. Weird rolefishing. When asked about their goal for the day replies “lynching scum”. No duh. Going on about the vote tying was also a weird point. Wants to buddy vote with people.

Deus Asmoth – null. Doesn’t seem that concerned. Manages to post almost as little as Persus.
Rockeater – null. doesn't do anything as far as i saw.
randomgenericusername – null.
Persus13 – null. only post has been that he’s sad about “going out of town for a few days”

Webadict – wildcard. it’s webadict. Seems to care about the game. Has a big problem with TBF. Whether that makes him town or scum is beyond me at this point.
IcyTea31 - neutral. i don't agree with the roleclaiming etc but they atleast seems to believe their own arguments which is something.
Teneb – neutral. want to hear more from Persus before I make a decision on this one
hector13 – slight town. Their content is useful enough.

Sheldon - no idea. it doesn't seem to vote, so for now i'm considering it irrelevant.

Yeah... This in light of the other post I noted is not a good thing.   I would not mind seeing his updated list, or for that matter, everyones' updated list.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 1: Er, What (13/12)
« Reply #536 on: September 29, 2018, 03:07:33 pm »

And here is the one Icytea mad before him. I made mine after those two.

But, then, besides Caz, who do you find to be scummy and why? Look at that, I'm even giving you some leeway here and not responding to all the silly points you made. Freetime!
Sorry for the delay, I was taken by real life for a few hours.

hector13: Slight scum. Speech limited to cheers and comments, not particularly pointed questions.
randomgenericusername: Null. Insufficient data.
TricMagic: Slight town. Cryptic as always but rings fewer alarm bells than usual.
TheBiggerFish: Scum. I have no idea what he's trying to achieve, but he's failing.
Maximum Spin: Neutral. Terse posts leave little to work with. Not very informative.
Caz: Slight scum. Suspicious activity, but under pressure cracks point to town.
Persus13: Null. Insufficient data.
Deus Asmoth: Null. insufficient data.
Rockeater: Neutral. Flying under the radar by focusing on the NPC and responding tersely when questioned.
Sheldon: Slight town. I doubt an NPC can be scum, but weirder things have happened.
webadict: Strong town. Not even the most audacious scum would act like you have.

Most of everything in this post-time range is against Persus, but why in the world did Caz question my voting the Lurker/prodding TBF.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 29, 2018, 03:16:50 pm »

*slams head against a screen*

Reading this stuff is slightly painful...

Lol this game. Two people (randomgenericusername+Rockeater) aren't even playing, half of the rest barely seem to be and TricMagic still refuses to answer posts. Does anyone even care at this point? I am struggling to tbh.
But also, if I die, so what? I can come back if I want anyway, and then I'll be confirmed town. I can live with that.

Ooh, magic tricks!

Seems kinda a no-brainer now then. Maximum Spin

This is most of the rest of day 1.. Here is another in the spoiler, but I quoted it already before today.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

.... What has he contributed Day 1. A lot of suspicion, but no pushes from what I can see. In other words, busy work pointing out how things are suspicious. Right, and then today.... Hua..

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 29, 2018, 03:22:41 pm »

Right, I am done with this line of thought. More of the same when he finally decides to start posting from the vote pressure.

Also, bringing up the twilight stuff is a bit... Yeah, I'm paranoid, so sue me. And Moody, Kakashi, and every other town member. Hua..

Please tell me you have something Caz, please. You are not doing all that well here. Hunt!

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 29, 2018, 03:38:33 pm »

Yeah... This in light of the other post I noted is not a good thing.   I would not mind seeing his updated list, or for that matter, everyones' updated list.
Currently busy, but I can put up my list

Caz Scummiest scum to ever scum. If he isn't actually scum then...I don't even.
TBF Very Scummy with role fishing and active lurking but not the Scummiest
Teneb Scummy, probably lied about the Sheldon thing. Not Scummy enough to consider fully lynching yet however.
Icytea Somewhat Scummy, fairly active but as Webadict said, seems a little off...Unsure why exactly however...could just be letting webadict get into my head.
Webadict Somewhat Scummy, mostly just a hunch based on his aggressiveness and seeming a bit too quick to forgive fish. Otherwise seems neutral.

Deus Asmoth Neutral, I don't feel confident enough to say he is one way or another at this moment in time.
Persus13 Neutral, Apparently has a role about lurking, and doesn't really post too often but I can't exactly make an argument against him outside of lurking
Heydude Neutral, Seems somewhat towny, but not entirely sure about that yet.

Shakerag Slightly town, To me, he seems somewhat more town then most, not entirely sure on that however but for now he's someone I'm not going to lynch
Sheldon Town, He's basically the ghost of Spin, who was confirmed town. Needless to say, I doubt he is going to switch roles as I don't think he is going to use him to revive.
TricMagic Town, After all the things Caz has claimed and the fact that two of my largest suspects voted against him, I'm fairly sure he is town.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 59