Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 59

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 4: We're Done Here  (Read 92678 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 1: Er, What (13/12)
« Reply #405 on: September 27, 2018, 12:00:08 pm »

Spoiler: The Vote for Persus (click to show/hide)

Well, I think from reading his posts that something may have changed between him voting for Persus, and then standing up for him.
..... This is strange, he voted for Sheldon, then Persus... Thankfully, I already have those posts spoilered.

Spoiler: Key to a Lie (click to show/hide)

Plenty of posts, but the vote order was Sheldon, Persus, MaxSpin. Everything in it's order, but your Lie is proven by this order.

Got this by looking over what he posted via Post-Check. Why vote for him and then protect him? And did you forget you voted for Sheldon before Persus? And then to protect him later..

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 2: The World Falls Over (12/12)
« Reply #406 on: September 27, 2018, 12:03:00 pm »

As a side note which was my original thrust, The Fishing also has reference to TBF. Both Day 1, and this day. And that thing sounds like Magikarp.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 27, 2018, 12:28:19 pm »

Plenty of posts, but the vote order was Sheldon, Persus, MaxSpin. Everything in it's order, but your Lie is proven by this order.
How? How is it proven? Because I voted Sheldon after a "Sheldon" posted in a quicktopic? Because I saw Persus lurking with a role that rewards doing so and wanted to force him to post, which, might I mention, actually happened? Because after I was satisfied that he wasn't lurking I turned to MS who was, and still is, acting in an anti-town manner?

And wow, it's almost as if various people in the game have certain post restrctions or, at the very least, the encouragement to post in a specific way, which I don't see in your interactions with TBF because he might as well not exist to you.

Because you, unlike MaximumSpin whose death does not actually seem to invoke relevance in Destroid's song Annihilate in the final boss battle of Just Shapes and Beats relation to this thread, are scum grasping at straws now that people are turning on you.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 27, 2018, 12:39:02 pm »

Why do you keep referencing TBF?

The Lie is proven False by that very order. Also, you may note that Persus seems to be trying to get another Lurk-Charge, as he has yet to post today either. How about in the QuickTopic?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 27, 2018, 01:47:50 pm »

Been a while since the last post, and sense no one else points out how ridiculous this is.

We have a dead guy puppeteering an A.I.
Said Guy, MaxiumSpin, says Lie, and you shy,
"Why!", you shy, "Not I".
"Tis Tric that works the Magic! Not me, who speaks so tragic."

And so the Mirror is cast, to protect one and reflect a lie.

In other words, claiming I grasp straws isn't the best argument when it also applies to you.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 27, 2018, 02:04:10 pm »

TricMagic, for gods sakes, stop talking nonsense.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 27, 2018, 02:09:34 pm »

Teneb:
Alright, so TricMagic: Shall you continue to be cryptic and obtuse, acting in an anti-town manner?
TricMagic is definitely anti town, but what makes him scum?

IcyTea:
Persus13: Do you know what a doopliss is? Do you have any post restrictions?
I have never heard of a doopliss. I don't really care to know what it is. I have 0 post restrictions, nor do I have "Lurk-Charges".

Obviously, Teneb is under a post restriction of having to mention a particular piece of pop culture in every post. D1 it was a youtuber, D2 it's evidently a song. I wouldn't recommend posting their names yourself, it's possible he has an ability that affects you if you do.
This would fit with the fact that his role is "A Shitpost".

TricMagic:

The Lie is proven False by that very order. Also, you may note that Persus seems to be trying to get another Lurk-Charge, as he has yet to post today either. How about in the QuickTopic?
Why do you care so much about what my role can and can not do? Its like half your posts. Wouldn't it be better for you to actually try to find scum?

Shakerag:
Oh for fuck's sake.

offering to replace in.
Oh boy, this is going to be fun.

Fallacy/Sheldon/Maximum Spin/I don't even know anymore:
Quote from: Sheldon
Powerful role? More powerful than that.
This is Maximum Spin speaking. This has always been Maximum Spin speaking. Like I said, I can still help the town even if I'm lynched, by being the other me.

For the record, I can sacrifice this thing to become the original me again, but I don't really want to.

For the other record, I have never, ever, ever been in any quicktopics. Well, other than the deadchat now. But that's the other me.

Persus13 and Teneb are lying. Lynch one 'a them.
Did you post this message as Sheldon?
Quote from: Sheldon
Sheldon Facts: Sheldon can see into your SOUL.

PirateJoe
Piratejoe: Have you decided on an initial strategy yet? Is it of the kind that works best when held secret?
Not really, but I'll try thinking of something. I haven't played a mafia game on the forum before so, I'll admit to being new to this.

From what I have read however, it seems like Tri and Caz are at it, and at the moment I'm slightly leaning to one over the other, but still unsure between the two. For all I know its a massive misunderstanding and both aren't actually bad...
That's a start. Welcome to Mafia. Only some folks here are secretly trying to kill you. Ask questions, be active, be smart. I really recommend you try to read through the whole thread, but there's a lot of salt day 1, so don't let that put you off. If you don't understand something, asking for help is the best way to get it.

TheBiggerFish: What are your thoughts on the game so far? Are you surprised you haven't been voted more?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 27, 2018, 02:10:59 pm »

I love this and your following post. It's a lie because it's a lie, it's so obvious it's a lie: it just is!

No proper explanation, just meaningless fluff and a bad poem.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 27, 2018, 02:15:30 pm »

Tric

Ah, also, Persus13. He gains power through lurking, and apparently, Sheldon{MS} Says Scum. This is a good indicator that now is the time to lynch them this day. Lurkers get lynched + Liars get Lynched. Two policies with one lynch.
Why does who MS thinks is scum impact your vote, when he didn't have any inspect? Or even much of a case on Persus besides him being angry apparently? Or are you just putting your vote on someone with the fact that someone who's flipped town thinking they're scum as a defence for your action?

Hey, dude; 6!:
I have no idea if we are allowed to post during twilight, but Fallacy hasn't yet come in and criticized this fight
If I can be attacked, then I can also defend. So I will share my reasoning, for causing MaxSpin's end.

To begin, you must know. there was a gap of 16 minutes until I decided to go.

2:45 - 2:29 = 0:16

When I made my first post, I was extremely worried.
The day would end early, if no one unvoted and hurried.

I saw some interesting voting habits, when I did my count
There were some users who acted suspicious, a fair amount
Would you like to expand on this?

TBF: As far as I can tell, in the last 200 posts of this game as a whole, your only contributions have been joining the Maximum Spin wagon and a lot of reactionary quips (PPE: and joining the Tric wagon, again with no explanation). Do you feel like you're being a valuable asset to the town right now?

PPE:
Persus & IcyTea: According to my friend Google, Dooplis is a shapeshifter from one of the Paper Marios. Though it might mean something else, because that's a hell of a shot in the dark to take at someone's role.

Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 27, 2018, 02:16:09 pm »

Teneb:
Alright, so TricMagic: Shall you continue to be cryptic and obtuse, acting in an anti-town manner?
TricMagic is definitely anti town, but what makes him scum?
You referenced it here, but...
TricMagic:

Why do you care so much about what my role can and can not do? Its like half your posts. Wouldn't it be better for you to actually try to find scum?
... he keep obsessing with what a role can or cannot do. When pressed for explanations on things, he just makes obscure references, talks nonsense and uses circular logic. He keeps going with the most popular vote until he turns out to be said vote and appears to either lack reading comprehension or is being deliberately dense (example: I have outright claimed I need to talk about certain things, like his interactions with TBF and The fittingness of Destroid's song Annihilate in the final boss battle of Just Shapes and Beats and how it relates to what might happen today (which, personally, I think it has no fittingness at all), yet he keeps acting mystified).

Even if he isn't somehow scum, he's still anti-town. And anti-town, as the name implies, is detrimental to the town's wincon.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 27, 2018, 02:16:19 pm »

PirateJoe
Piratejoe: Have you decided on an initial strategy yet? Is it of the kind that works best when held secret?
Not really, but I'll try thinking of something. I haven't played a mafia game on the forum before so, I'll admit to being new to this.

From what I have read however, it seems like Tri and Caz are at it, and at the moment I'm slightly leaning to one over the other, but still unsure between the two. For all I know its a massive misunderstanding and both aren't actually bad...
That's a start. Welcome to Mafia. Only some folks here are secretly trying to kill you. Ask questions, be active, be smart. I really recommend you try to read through the whole thread, but there's a lot of salt day 1, so don't let that put you off. If you don't understand something, asking for help is the best way to get it.
Yeah, I have been reading through the whole thread, not done yet though, but so far I suspect TBF, Icy tea, Caz, and Web the most. I'm not going to make any proper solid conclusions on them yet till I'm done with reading.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 27, 2018, 02:25:24 pm »

@Persus: My thoughts on the game so far: it's a flaming shipwreck.  TricMagic has clearly lost the plot somewhere and is haring off on a wild goose chase that they should really stop doing.  There's too many replacements.
Am I surprised I haven't been voted more: Ehh.  Not really?  There have been a lot of higher priority targets than me, though I'm rather concerned I won't get to do anything with my role at this rate.  Night-skipping powers are no friend to investigators.

@DA: I take issue with "with no explanation", I thought my motivation was rather clear.  I want TricMagic to stop chasing shadows.  As for being a valuable asset: I don't know.  My role was effectively blasted out by the "no night" thing, so that doesn't exactly help, and quite honestly I have a weak day game.  But I could be effective, given time.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 27, 2018, 02:33:38 pm »

So do you think Tric is actually scum, then, TBF?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 27, 2018, 02:37:00 pm »

So do you think Tric is actually scum, then, TBF?
Frankly, I don't care whether Tric is scum, they're such a good distraction that I bet the actual scum are just hiding and letting us tear ourselves apart on them, so I want them gone.
Sigtext

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 27, 2018, 02:39:48 pm »

Oh, I see. Your answer to someone that you think is a distraction is to do nothing besides vote for them until they're dead and ignore everything else. Good job. At not getting distracted.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 59