Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 59

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 4: We're Done Here  (Read 92858 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 2: The World Falls Over (12/12)
« Reply #390 on: September 27, 2018, 09:44:42 am »

Piratejoe: Have you decided on an initial strategy yet? Is it of the kind that works best when held secret?

Who tf is piratejoe?

And nah I still want the waffles again. Waffles <3

Though someone will probably outbid me as you said -__-

What is this post? What Does "No." mean? Why do you dislike me enough to vote me? Why are you the Second Vote?

Are you for real? I've been trying to get others to be onboard with lynching you for most of the game FFS. DO YOU EVER BOTHER READING THIS THREAD????

The "No" is because apart from clearing Maximum Spin (and wasting most of his role usefulness) we are practically in RVS again and it's all the same shit of half the players being MIA/replacing/activelurking and holy shit it is getting tedious.

$10 on waffle. only the waffle would cheer me up at this point. i hope it's not a time-cursed waffle that disappears due to the groundhog day nature of the day though.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 27, 2018, 09:46:33 am »

Literally don't care anymore. Wake me up when it's day3.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 27, 2018, 09:48:19 am »

Bid 11$

And I have. The Second Vote does seem strange though, but that's more me pointing fingers. It's also not quite RVS, because of having an entire day to go off of.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 27, 2018, 09:58:55 am »

Now. TBF's Instant bid is strange, given he never posted a $ count. And asking if he can claim a bid tells me someone may have taken his money for some purpose.
Spoiler: Auction Rules Day 2 (click to show/hide)

Who tf is piratejoe?
piratejoe has replaced Rockeater

Paying attention to mod posts is necessary to play this game with any degree of success. Skip all other posts if you will, but reading the freaking day start post that tells who's still alive is absolutely essential.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 27, 2018, 10:00:25 am »

Quote from: Sheldon
Powerful role? More powerful than that.
This is Maximum Spin speaking. This has always been Maximum Spin speaking. Like I said, I can still help the town even if I'm lynched, by being the other me.

For the record, I can sacrifice this thing to become the original me again, but I don't really want to.

For the other record, I have never, ever, ever been in any quicktopics. Well, other than the deadchat now. But that's the other me.

Persus13 and Teneb are lying. Lynch one 'a them.

Bid 11$
Please note that public bids are not counted. You will need to send your amount in in private for it to count.

Oh for fuck's sake.

offering to replace in.
It looks like you get to be RGU my crazy friend. Sending you the info now. Shakerag has replaced randomgenericusername!

Sheldon makes a bid.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 10:02:04 am by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 27, 2018, 10:29:55 am »

Right.. That is really annoying for me. Was hoping to use my ability last night.

Votecount

TricMagic(2/6) Teneb, Caz
RGU{Replaced}(1) IcyTea

Now. TBF's Instant bid is strange, given he never posted a $ count. And asking if he can claim a bid tells me someone may have taken his money for some purpose.

As for Caz,
Day1 AGAIN and still more people replacing out?

No. TricMagic[/color]

What is this post? What Does "No." mean? Why do you dislike me enough to vote me? Why are you the Second Vote?

Or in general, I'm voting you. Also Bid 1$. I actually need that double action tonight to catch back up.
Excuse me, but DID YOU READ FALLACY'S POST? Because there is detailed how there is no night due to MS' lynch and how for this day bids have to be made via PM and you only need to state that you are bidding in the thread, but not how much.

Further, it's cute how you completely and utterly ignored my post. I'd comment on how you interact with TBF (not at all) as an indicative of you two possibly being buddies but... you are just being bad all around. Unlike Destroid's song Annihilate in the final boss battle of Just Shapes and Beats, which is mostly unrelated to MS' lynch given that he's still around pushing anti-town behaviour despite being confirmed town.

This is Maximum Spin speaking. This has always been Maximum Spin speaking. Like I said, I can still help the town even if I'm lynched, by being the other me.

For the record, I can sacrifice this thing to become the original me again, but I don't really want to.

For the other record, I have never, ever, ever been in any quicktopics. Well, other than the deadchat now. But that's the other me.

Or maybe, just maybe we are both being fucked with by someone else. But hey, if you want to be smug go ahead.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 27, 2018, 10:32:15 am »

Alright you special snowflakes, taking a re-read of the thread now.

unvote

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 27, 2018, 10:32:57 am »

Somebody asked what I think could change my alignment. Um, I don't know, bees? The Pope? Eleven? There could be a cult, or maybe the mafia can do it. Maybe it's specific to me or maybe there's general alignment-changing going on. Or maybe it's all a red herring. What I can tell you is that I'm going to talk as much as I can, because I'm inimitable, so I think you'll be able to tell if I stop being me. So, if you notice that I seem to stop talking, like maybe I'm trying to keep you from noticing that I'm not me anymore, that's when you lynch'em. In the meantime, though, suspects as noted while I was still alive remain the priority. Don't let them confuse you into voting for tricmagic or something.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 27, 2018, 11:02:23 am »

Right.. That is really annoying for me. Was hoping to use my ability last night.

Votecount

TricMagic(2/6) Teneb, Caz
RGU{Replaced}(1) IcyTea

As for Caz,
Day1 AGAIN and still more people replacing out?

No. TricMagic[/color]

Or in general, I'm voting you. Also Bid 1$. I actually need that double action tonight to catch back up.
Excuse me, but DID YOU READ FALLACY'S POST? Because there is detailed how there is no night due to MS' lynch and how for this day bids have to be made via PM and you only need to state that you are bidding in the thread, but not how much.

Further, it's cute how you completely and utterly ignored my post. I'd comment on how you interact with TBF (not at all) as an indicative of you two possibly being buddies but... you are just being bad all around. Unlike Destroid's song Annihilate in the final boss battle of Just Shapes and Beats, which is mostly unrelated to MS' lynch given that he's still around pushing anti-town behaviour despite being confirmed town.

Or maybe, just maybe we are both being fucked with by someone else. But hey, if you want to be smug go ahead.

You know, you talk about the TBF talk, and that is what you asked, isn't it? Also, lack of bids isn't all that suspicious, Teneb.

What else.. Right, how about the fact that I woke up, and immediately had something to do, so I posted. After reading everything more thoroughly, I understood why there was no night, MS's auto triggering. What's got you gung ho against me, MS saying you lied?

When someone Lies, you lynch them. And MS was already lynched.

Ah, also, Persus13. He gains power through lurking, and apparently, Sheldon{MS} Says Scum. This is a good indicator that now is the time to lynch them this day. Lurkers get lynched + Liars get Lynched. Two policies with one lynch.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 27, 2018, 11:13:33 am »

Tric, you are pretty much active lurking. You don't do any scumhunting, only voting people going by "oh hey, <player> said <target> is scum, so vote!".

Just because MS is confirmed town now doesn't mean he instantly knows the alignment of everyone or is being reproach. He claims that either Persus or I or both are liars, except both I AND Persus can confirm that we did get a "Sheldon" on our useless privat chat of uselessness. Sure, we could be scumbuddies making it all up, but then why the actual fuck would I reveal his very descriptive role name on DAY ONE, which is even more moronic than a mass claim on D1 in a BYOR where role fuckery is probably involved.

Also, I may or may not be required to talk about specific topics, like the fact that you don't talk to TBF or The fittingness of Destroid's song Annihilate in the final boss battle of Just Shapes and Beats and how it relates to what might happen today.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 27, 2018, 11:15:52 am »

Ah, also, Persus13. He gains power through lurking, and apparently, Sheldon{MS} Says Scum. This is a good indicator that now is the time to lynch them this day. Lurkers get lynched + Liars get Lynched. Two policies with one lynch.
The reason policy lynches are frowned upon is that they assign scummy status to people who don't seem too scummy beyond the policy's scope. Even if Persus13's role rewards lurking, that's hardly what he's been doing recently, and I'm not sure if two mafiosi really would risk confirming each other with a provable lie. I don't know if Teneb and Persus are scum or not, but I believe they are telling the truth in saying Sheldon has talked to them. But perhaps not the Sheldon Spin is controlling. After all, anyone can post from behind a false name these days.

Also, unvote since RGU got replaced, but I'll still be expecting Shakerag to post a few insights.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 27, 2018, 11:25:00 am »

I have no Idea why some music I've never heard of has to do with this day.

What's going on with you today Teneb?{This is said with curiosity. Something happen to you?}

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 27, 2018, 11:38:53 am »

Obviously, Teneb is under a post restriction of having to mention a particular piece of pop culture in every post. D1 it was a youtuber, D2 it's evidently a song. I wouldn't recommend posting their names yourself, it's possible he has an ability that affects you if you do.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 27, 2018, 11:48:18 am »

Shit y'all.  Just realized I have a lunch meeting today.  Analysis post will be delayed.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 27, 2018, 11:53:43 am »

Piratejoe: Have you decided on an initial strategy yet? Is it of the kind that works best when held secret?
Not really, but I'll try thinking of something. I haven't played a mafia game on the forum before so, I'll admit to being new to this.

From what I have read however, it seems like Tri and Caz are at it, and at the moment I'm slightly leaning to one over the other, but still unsure between the two. For all I know its a massive misunderstanding and both aren't actually bad...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 12:00:03 pm by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 59