Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 59

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 4: We're Done Here  (Read 92709 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 1: Er, What (13/12)
« Reply #315 on: September 26, 2018, 03:20:15 am »

That's not what I said. Interpret "you" as referring to webadict, and don't add any words to the sentence that I didn't put in there to begin with.
So only webadict in particular is "not good enough" and thus scum? I don't see the reason you're referring to, but that doesn't make me "not good enough" and scum in your eyes? Regardless of that, I don't think specifying a person changes the meat of my argument at all; you still haven't presented your case in clear enough terms.
Separate clauses. 'thus' is among the words you shouldn't add to the sentence. I'm saying "if [he] can't figure out my reasons, well, I already think [he's] scum, so I don't feel like explaining them to [him] and giving scum more information".

Anyway, as of right now I don't think two mafia players would be stupid enough to out themselves with an easily discernible lie, SO I now consider it slightly more likely that Teneb and persus are being catfished by someone else. I know for a fact that they did not receive messages from the actual Sheldon. Until some kinda votecount shows up, though, I don't have a better suggestion and thus my vote stands.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 26, 2018, 06:18:31 am »

That's not what I said. Interpret "you" as referring to webadict, and don't add any words to the sentence that I didn't put in there to begin with.
So only webadict in particular is "not good enough" and thus scum? I don't see the reason you're referring to, but that doesn't make me "not good enough" and scum in your eyes? Regardless of that, I don't think specifying a person changes the meat of my argument at all; you still haven't presented your case in clear enough terms.
Separate clauses. 'thus' is among the words you shouldn't add to the sentence. I'm saying "if [he] can't figure out my reasons, well, I already think [he's] scum, so I don't feel like explaining them to [him] and giving scum more information".

Anyway, as of right now I don't think two mafia players would be stupid enough to out themselves with an easily discernible lie, SO I now consider it slightly more likely that Teneb and persus are being catfished by someone else. I know for a fact that they did not receive messages from the actual Sheldon. Until some kinda votecount shows up, though, I don't have a better suggestion and thus my vote stands.
... I, frankly, am shocked that you don't see the issue here.

People are voting to lynch you right now. One of them is me. You're running out of time to change people's minds. Do you want to die?

If you think I'm scum, then your best bet is to try to show others so that you don't look like scum. You literally do not have the Town cred to do what you're doing. If I went around telling everyone how much better I am than them... okay, bad example.

The point is, explaining your actions to people, even if you think they're scum, explains it to the other people who you might think are Town. Arguments don't exist in a vacuum. If you can't reply, it's assumed that it's because you're scum. If you think I'm scum, then it's better for you to fight me then to let me tarnish your name. Heck, even if you don't, it's still better to fight me.

It's not just me who doesn't believe you. It's a growing population. What are you doing to stop it?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 26, 2018, 06:51:05 am »

You're kinda missing the key point, webadict, which is that you were talking, and I was responding, about a discarded line of inquiry. I no longer care about convincing people to vote for hector, because I do not currently want to lynch hector, because I currently want to lynch Teneb. I've explained why I want to lynch Teneb completely: because he claimed that something happened when I know it didn't. If you don't like that reasoning, well, there's nothing more I can give you, but there's no point explaining why I voted for hector when that's no longer my focus anyway.

Of course i don't think you're stupid enough to be simply confused about this. I think you're deliberately conflating things to try to confuse other people so they don't notice the case against Teneb and persus.

But also, if I die, so what? I can come back if I want anyway, and then I'll be confirmed town. I can live with that.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 26, 2018, 07:25:01 am »

I'm fine with lynching a self-reviving townie in a kill-less setup to confirm them. Maximum Spin.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 26, 2018, 08:21:29 am »

But also, if I die, so what? I can come back if I want anyway, and then I'll be confirmed town. I can live with that.

Ooh, magic tricks!

Seems kinda a no-brainer now then. Maximum Spin

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 26, 2018, 08:23:45 am »

You called?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 26, 2018, 09:06:55 am »

You're kinda missing the key point, webadict, which is that you were talking, and I was responding, about a discarded line of inquiry. I no longer care about convincing people to vote for hector, because I do not currently want to lynch hector, because I currently want to lynch Teneb. I've explained why I want to lynch Teneb completely: because he claimed that something happened when I know it didn't. If you don't like that reasoning, well, there's nothing more I can give you, but there's no point explaining why I voted for hector when that's no longer my focus anyway.

Of course i don't think you're stupid enough to be simply confused about this. I think you're deliberately conflating things to try to confuse other people so they don't notice the case against Teneb and persus.

So... and I need to make sure I'm getting this right because I'm not as smart as you, as you've clearly shown, you think I'm trying to take away from the case you're building against Teneb and Persus13. You also have some sort of confirmation tool via revival.

Let's say that everything you say is true. Let's assume you are Town. What makes you assume that, when you die, there isn't an action to make your flip look like scum? What makes you think that there isn't an ability to keep you dead? Perhaps strip you of your abilities when lynched?

Call me a doomsayer for asking these because that's sort of the point here. You may not get to use all of the tools you have, even if you are telling the truth. You may even make yourself a bigger target by doing so. And that would all be because you're wasting every opportunity you have here.

You are either playing a huge trump card or a major bluff. Frankly, I don't care which it is because I'm trying to give you a hand, and you're too busy smacking it away in a fit of insanity to see that. All you really and truly have available (as the purpose of my constant claiming of actions and abilities) is this Day. This message you type. It exists and will always do so. So, stop wasting it.

This is what I get for trying to be nice, isn't it? And now that you've done all that you have, you will be lynched. Which is disappointing because I actually would like to lynch Persus13 for his role in absolutely nothing.

You still have 48 hours. It takes the forum about 24 hours for your message to be seen, and maybe 12 hours for a concensus on who to lynch. If you extend the Day, you likely have 36 hours to fix your mistakes. Don't take this as an ultimatum because I have no control over the Town nor the will to try to save you. This is merely your last shot to not get lynched, and it's solely reliant on your own actions.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 26, 2018, 09:20:26 am »

MaxSpin, if you are going to be town confirmed, take that item with you.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 26, 2018, 09:45:47 am »

...are you sure you'll flip town?  Or flip at all, for that matter.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 26, 2018, 09:47:33 am »

MaxSpin, if you are going to be town confirmed, take that item with you.
... Why are you so dead set on that item instead of scumhunting?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 26, 2018, 09:58:59 am »

Because I really don't want anyone to have it,

Also.

Right, new stuff.

Mafia lead- Caz, MaxSpin, Webaddict.

Town Leans- Hector, now heydude.

Icytea, says he'll roleblock. Someone track him tonight to see if he actually goes out somewhere.

Also, an unblockable item is best served with a 0$ bid. That and a lynch to end the day before it's sold. Destroy the Item!

Caz and you. So, how do I scumhunt you, it's not like you're being overly active.

That's not so easy, but I do get that vibe off you. And Caz for that 50$ bid. Amongst other things.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 26, 2018, 10:28:43 am »

Also.

Right, new stuff.

Icytea, says he'll roleblock. Someone track him tonight to see if he actually goes out somewhere.

Also, an unblockable item is best served with a 0$ bid. That and a lynch to end the day before it's sold. Destroy the Item!

Caz and you. So, how do I scumhunt you, it's not like you're being overly active.

That's not so easy, but I do get that vibe off you. And Caz for that 50$ bid. Amongst other things.
Or maybe you are scum who doesn't want town to have it but are not confident that scum can grab it. Because you are being  very reluctant to actually try to go after scum, and yet are very vocal when it comes to this one item.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 26, 2018, 10:54:54 am »

Also.

Right, new stuff.

You know, I heard this story once. There was the guy, and he loved gardening. He used to have a decent garden. But, one day, his garden's all dead. The guy thinks his neighbor did it. So, he just sort of watched his neighbor all day and got really bitter. He saw a lot of things that bothered him about the neighbor. He's pretty sure that bag of something wasn't there before. Sometimes, the neighbor pours some weird stuff on the guy's lawn.

Everyone in the neighborhood walks past the guy's house with the dead garden out front. One day he dies and the cops confiscate everything. Everyone shakes their head and tsks about how far he had fallen.

Point is, that's not scumhunting. That's you saying something is off about people. Hence why I asked for more information:
Right, new stuff.

Cool, before we get too far away, you wanna list some reasons why? Since leaving little bits like this are nice when they contain reasoning, ya dig? I like knowing what you're pointing out so I can verily destroy it, lest it fester like a gangrenous wound. Also, you are voting for Maximum Spin for no real reason either. Wanna bandwagon using someone else's reason, or are we playing the long con of pseudo lurking?

Also, it's one d. webadict.
You do realize that I pay attention, right? You only posted reasons for why you're voting Maximum Spin. You posteed nothing about Caz or me.

Which leads me to my next question: If you do not somehow believe I am contributing at 100%, then why would you not ask me questions to force more participation? From Caz or me? What exactly is it that is setting off your scum-radar? You've just got a feeling, right? But WHY?

If you believe I'm scum, then I'm clearly doing something scummy. Are my arguments flawed? Perhaps my actions point towards a scummy attitude? Maybe I've dropped a particular word or phrase that hints and more sinister meanings?

And if you have no evidence, you're not trying to get it. So, why is it that I, the guy who's scummy in your eyes, have to prod you, someone who would know that they themselves are Town if they were, to actually scumhunt your targets, who AGAIN should be someone you think is scum? Because, obviously, I'm not "overly active" in your words:
it's not like you're being overly active.
In a bit of unfortunate coincidence, I was going to try to debunk your statement with Lurker Tracker, but it appears that it is now down. If I had to guess, I would be in the top two players in regards to posts, so I'm not entirely sure how I would be slacking in the active department. Perhaps you would be willing to state that I'm activelurking in regards to my posts having a lack of content? All I'm really looking for are some statements that can be put onto the record, especially so that they can categorically be compared in depth to my sufficiently lacking posts and what with my own accusations of your rather non-existent play.

I suppose I'd be apt to call projection, would I not?

In conclusion, you are scum. You do the scummy things of:
 - Activelurking
 - Failing to scumhunt
 - Bandwagoning
 - Lacking evidence
 - Accusing others who accuse you
 - Projection

Does this sum up everything for you? Or would you prefer to call me a toxic presence in order to rile me up a bit more and continue some sort of never-ending cycle? Is this the way we solve problems? Because I solve mine with evidence. Go on, try me. I'm making some pretty brazen accusations. Feel free to claim OMGUS even. It's a freebie.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 26, 2018, 11:17:56 am »

Let's say that everything you say is true. Let's assume you are Town. What makes you assume that, when you die, there isn't an action to make your flip look like scum? What makes you think that there isn't an ability to keep you dead? Perhaps strip you of your abilities when lynched?
None of those would actually affect me, actually! I mean, yes, those could all happen, BUT, I'd be able to just keep playing. And eventually I could deal with those problems. Moreover, up until some undisclosed time that I have no idea when and might already have passed, I can/could just decide nope and make it so I won't be lynched at all, but I decided not to do that. Maybe I should do that, but I don't have enough energy right now.

Pertinently, with all deference to Blaise Pascal, I have only made these comments terser because I have not had the time to make them more prolix, for which I apologise, but I won't mind playing other me if it comes to that.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 26, 2018, 11:34:11 am »

I want to slam your head against a desk right now. Sheldon has never messaged me. I never claimed he did. He posted in a private chat, which IS NOT THE SAME AS SENDING A MESSAGE.

Do you even know what quicktopic is?

TripMagic, do you even read my posts?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 59