Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 59

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 4: We're Done Here  (Read 92746 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 1: Er, What (13/12)
« Reply #270 on: September 25, 2018, 03:54:23 am »

And you didn't answer the second part.
I took it as a rhetorical question, because the answer depends on so many factors as to be completely irrelevant. The item on auction, the rest of the post with the bid, the player bidding and their past and future posts, how far along the day and the game are...
Assume the context is exactly the same as when you voted for Caz. What number that is greater than 26 and less than 50 would have been the highest not scummy amount for them to have voted, in your opinion? Indulge my curiosity.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 25, 2018, 04:23:00 am »

In the exact same context? 48 or 49. Anything lower wouldn't make sense for the purpose of taunting someone to outbid him, which would seem to be the bid's purpose. A bid of 50, however, only invites bids above itself, meaning the bid also invites someone to reveal their extra income. Caz didn't seem particularly interested in that, so I drew another conclusion: that the bid's real purpose was to secure the item.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 25, 2018, 05:29:14 am »

Sorry I didn't post much, those were busy days
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 25, 2018, 07:01:32 am »

Every one of my votes has a reason. But if you're not good enough to see the reason, well, you're probably scum.
"Anyone who disagrees with me is bad at the game and scum." Suppose for a moment that you're town with a highly intricate case to lynch someone, and I'm bad at the game. What do you do? The correct answer is "teach me to play and give your case in terms that I can understand," not "insult me and don't present that case at all."
That's not what I said. Interpret "you" as referring to webadict, and don't add any words to the sentence that I didn't put in there to begin with.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 25, 2018, 07:21:36 am »

Every one of my votes has a reason. But if you're not good enough to see the reason, well, you're probably scum.
"Anyone who disagrees with me is bad at the game and scum." Suppose for a moment that you're town with a highly intricate case to lynch someone, and I'm bad at the game. What do you do? The correct answer is "teach me to play and give your case in terms that I can understand," not "insult me and don't present that case at all."
That's not what I said. Interpret "you" as referring to webadict, and don't add any words to the sentence that I didn't put in there to begin with.

That's the problem with not explaining your thoughts clearly in mafia. Keeping things vague so you can later go back and say "that's not what I meant!" is a common scum tactic.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 25, 2018, 07:26:56 am »

That's the problem with not explaining your thoughts clearly in mafia. Keeping things vague so you can later go back and say "that's not what I meant!" is a common scum tactic.
I don't think there's a level of specificity which is resistant to other people just making up words and deciding that's what you said, though. Saying only precisely what I mean, and no more or less, is the only way I can explain my thoughts clearly.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 25, 2018, 07:34:21 am »

Quote from: Sheldon
Teneb is not a paid subscriber to the Sheldon Party Line! Don't lie about Sheldon!

Sheldon: Your previous post gives me conniptions,
Will $15 buy me a subscription?

Teneb: You say you and the bot had a private chat?
Is that a fact? How did you do that?

Please make haste, a delayed response would be quite the waste.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 25, 2018, 08:09:50 am »

So only webadict in particular is "not good enough" and thus scum? I don't see the reason you're referring to, but that doesn't make me "not good enough" and scum in your eyes? Regardless of that, I don't think specifying a person changes the meat of my argument at all; you still haven't presented your case in clear enough terms.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 25, 2018, 09:24:57 am »

TripMagic, you still here? Would you like to make a contribution to the game? Who do you think is scum right now? What could you be doing do find out more information?

TBF: What is your goal for this day?
I don't really know - it's RVS, there's very little to plan with.
That said, lynching scum sounds like a good idea.
What do you think is our best chance of lynching scum today?
I'm still waiting on the answer to this question.

I don't really care about this whole "unnecessary hostility" theme going on. Point is, Teneb claims Sheldon messaged him, and Sheldon definitely didn't message him. Maybe someone else messaged him? It is a mystery. Let's find out by killing him, like with whales.
If it makes a difference, Teneb didn't claim Sheldon messaged him, he claimed he had a private chat with him:
I am in a private chat with the bot, and it is a little more active and antagonistic there. Which, ya know, has me worried about mod fuckery.
But again, if you have reason to believe someone is scum, you need to actually tell us what that is in order to convince other people to vote with you. So far, you seem to be simply speculating and passing it off as factual information.

Teneb: You say you and the bot had a private chat?
Is that a fact? How did you do that?
In the interest of time, because I'd prefer to see posts on other stuff, its less of a private chat with Sheldon and more of a mason-style chat for Teneb and me, that Sheldon crashed. Its pretty dull so far since I don't have a good read on Teneb yet and I'm sure the feelings mutual on that. The most exciting thing is Sheldon showed up and decided to start rolefishing us. This chat is from the same Auto that lets us know each other role names.

Also, welcome to the game! What are your thoughts on the IcyTea, Webadict, Caz fight? What are some of the reads you developed from reading through the game? Am I the worst lurker? :P
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 25, 2018, 09:42:23 am »

Just for a claim before I start speculating about this revelation, are there any other players in your private chat?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 25, 2018, 10:05:20 am »

Just for a claim before I start speculating about this revelation, are there any other players in your private chat?
If I had to guess, Sheldon is actually Maximum Spin. My reasoning is only based on a hunch, but I will take a look back at the betting history to see how well it overlaps.

I also bid $9*2, if only because I can.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 25, 2018, 10:11:47 am »

Right, new stuff.

Mafia lead- Caz, MaxSpin, Webaddict.

Town Leans- Hector, now heydude.

Icytea, says he'll roleblock. Someone track him tonight to see if he actually goes out somewhere.

Also, an unblockable item is best served with a 0$ bid. That and a lynch to end the day before it's sold. Destroy the Item!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 25, 2018, 10:24:25 am »

Right, new stuff.

Mafia lead- Caz, MaxSpin, Webaddict.

Town Leans- Hector, now heydude.

Icytea, says he'll roleblock. Someone track him tonight to see if he actually goes out somewhere.

Also, an unblockable item is best served with a 0$ bid. That and a lynch to end the day before it's sold. Destroy the Item!
Cool, before we get too far away, you wanna list some reasons why? Since leaving little bits like this are nice when they contain reasoning, ya dig? I like knowing what you're pointing out so I can verily destroy it, lest it fester like a gangrenous wound. Also, you are voting for Maximum Spin for no real reason either. Wanna bandwagon using someone else's reason, or are we playing the long con of pseudo lurking?

Also, it's one d. webadict.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 25, 2018, 10:31:33 am »

Don't you have a reason for voting MaxSpin?

Reason 1: No Lynch means Mafia gets to kill someone AND Steal all their Money. This is bad.

Reason 2: I have no use for that Item on bid, but Mafia does. I would rather see it gone than sold.

Reason 3:
I don't really care about this whole "unnecessary hostility" theme going on. Point is, Teneb claims Sheldon messaged him, and Sheldon definitely didn't message him. Maybe someone else messaged him? It is a mystery. Let's find out by killing him, like with whales.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 25, 2018, 10:33:09 am »

Lol this game. Two people (randomgenericusername+Rockeater) aren't even playing, half of the rest barely seem to be and TricMagic still refuses to answer posts. Does anyone even care at this point? I am struggling to tbh.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 59