Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 59

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 4: We're Done Here  (Read 93019 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 1: Er, What (13/12)
« Reply #240 on: September 22, 2018, 11:01:21 pm »

With regards to salt: please everyone try to remember that this is a game. We're humans here, not honey badgers. (If you actually happen to be a honey badger, my bad. I'd love to talk to you sometime about your life story and how you learned to use the internet.) We're trying to have fun and if your behavior is making the game less fun you need to consider changing it. Please don't perpetuate the cycle of hatred.

Hypothetical Question: What's scummy about tying the lynch, since a tied lynch still results in information (unlike a no lynch like normal)? If there's two people you think are scummy, wouldn't an optimal move be to tie the lynch and force scum to choose one of those people to lynch, revealing more information?
I'm just going to note that if there's a no-lynch, then the mafia can choose anyone to lynch. I don't want this game won or lost based on misinterpreted mod info.

On another note, I'm not feeling too great. As in I may end up sick. If I go dormant it'll either be that or crunch time on my college classes.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 22, 2018, 11:24:59 pm »

I'm just going to note that if there's a no-lynch, then the mafia can choose anyone to lynch.
See this is why I really don't want ties.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 22, 2018, 11:26:25 pm »

Oh hey, Persus showed up.
Unvote.

Took you a dang long time to do it, though.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 23, 2018, 03:49:24 am »

Relative to what? Double night actions sounds like it's potentially very powerful to me. And to you as well apparently since you thought Caz was going to double a bomb ability with it.

Given that the last bid was $26, what amount would have seemed not-scummy to you? $40? 30?
A single night ability, once. If one is willing to jump their bid to all of their money immediately for that, they really, really want it over anything else. Scum can have their buddies give them more money later, but a townie is either incredibly shortsighted or has something gamechanging planned. Looking back at Caz's posts, I'm starting to think that the latter is true, and it's something that requires secrecy to work. Or he's scum. But if it makes you happy, I'll unvote for now.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 23, 2018, 06:10:38 am »

Spin: Got a follow-up to this post?
Anyway, right now I'm weighing the benefits of full disclosure. CONVINCE ME.
Yeah, here's one.

I now know for a fact that Teneb is a lying liar. He's not in a private chat with Sheldon. He might just be in a private chat with other mafia members, though.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 23, 2018, 06:13:14 am »

Oh by the way:
Caz seems like the optimal test right now.
Have you finished RVS yet, or will you consider yourself unworthy of joining us at the Big Kid's Table?
I've never done RVS in my life. Every one of my votes has a reason. But if you're not good enough to see the reason, well, you're probably scum.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 23, 2018, 06:35:44 am »

Relative to what? Double night actions sounds like it's potentially very powerful to me. And to you as well apparently since you thought Caz was going to double a bomb ability with it.

Given that the last bid was $26, what amount would have seemed not-scummy to you? $40? 30?
A single night ability, once. If one is willing to jump their bid to all of their money immediately for that, they really, really want it over anything else. Scum can have their buddies give them more money later, but a townie is either incredibly shortsighted or has something gamechanging planned. Looking back at Caz's posts, I'm starting to think that the latter is true, and it's something that requires secrecy to work. Or he's scum. But if it makes you happy, I'll unvote for now.
You inviting doesn't really affect my mood at all, to be honest. And you didn't answer the second part.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 23, 2018, 06:40:54 am »

I'm just going to note that if there's a no-lynch, then the mafia can choose anyone to lynch.
That's the Day end, though. We're not really anywhere near that.

Unvote.

But he didn't do anything. He posted that he plans to post. That's... that's nothing.

Oh by the way:
Have you finished RVS yet, or will you consider yourself unworthy of joining us at the Big Kid's Table?
I've never done RVS in my life. Every one of my votes has a reason. But if you're not good enough to see the reason, well, you're probably scum.
Well, in that case, you should vote me because your votes don't have any reasoning to follow. Your vote on hector13 has no reason other than randomness, so that's a lie. And the only other vote you've made was pure bandwagoning. But because you never justify you're vote, no one is able to tell for sure. Hence why I believe you are a detriment.

Yeah, here's one.

I now know for a fact that Teneb is a lying liar. He's not in a private chat with Sheldon. He might just be in a private chat with other mafia members, though.
Why should anyone believe anything you've said? You're not doing anything. Frankly, I trust Teneb a thousand times more than you.

Also, y'all need to chill out a bit. The only games I've seen toxicity worse than this one either had Toady called in, or that King Mafia game that caused Jim Groovestar to blow a gasket over the Kingmaker picking people at random.
Be real easy to calm down if you joined us. What do you say?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 23, 2018, 08:22:37 am »

Unvote for now, because something more vote-worthy came up:

Yeah, here's one.

You got proof of that, hotshot? Because I ain't seeing any. I'd post a screencap right now, but I need to check with Fallacy first.

Oh by the way:
Oh wow, look at the pro here. Careful with the edge, mate, you might just cut yourself in it. Then again, you probably don't need filthy plebs like myself telling you that; I am sure that whenever you cut yourself on it it'll totally be for a reason and any fools that can't see it are scum for not being augurs.

Your posts are sparser than TBF, who at least posts content in their laconic one-liners, and TricMagic, who is literally faffing about. You keep talking as if you know everything and everyone who can't see the info you can is a baddy. But you know who has privileged info? Scum. You know who has an actual valid reason to active lurk? Scum. Who has a reason to make up bullshit claims to try and make others look bad? Why, scum of course.

What I'm saying is that Maximum Spin is scum.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 24, 2018, 06:16:21 pm »

Yeah, here's one.

Generally a statement like this is followed up with some sort of evidence as to why this is the case.

Unvote.

But he didn't do anything. He posted that he plans to post. That's... that's nothing.
I posted a lot more than that saltmeister.

Also, y'all need to chill out a bit. The only games I've seen toxicity worse than this one either had Toady called in, or that King Mafia game that caused Jim Groovestar to blow a gasket over the Kingmaker picking people at random.
Be real easy to calm down if you joined us. What do you say?
Sure. Just invent a way for me to post while I'm driving for 13 hours. Actually, a self-driving car would be better.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 24, 2018, 06:21:53 pm »

Hypothetical Question: What's scummy about tying the lynch, since a tied lynch still results in information (unlike a no lynch like normal)? If there's two people you think are scummy, wouldn't an optimal move be to tie the lynch and force scum to choose one of those people to lynch, revealing more information?
Once more, for emphasis!
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 24, 2018, 06:30:26 pm »

I saw that the first time...
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 24, 2018, 06:34:57 pm »

That also doesn't explain why you were making such a big deal about tying the vote when there were days left until the lynch, TBF. It's like arguing that someone shouldn't be lynched in case it contributed to MYLO... when no one had died yet.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 24, 2018, 06:36:18 pm »

That also doesn't explain why you were making such a big deal about tying the vote when there were days left until the lynch, TBF. It's like arguing that someone shouldn't be lynched in case it contributed to MYLO... when no one had died yet.
...that's probably a personal failing.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 24, 2018, 06:36:48 pm »

I saw that the first time...
...also, whoops.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 59