Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 59

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 4: We're Done Here  (Read 92851 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 1: Er, What (13/12)
« Reply #225 on: September 22, 2018, 05:46:56 pm »

Okay, not actually going to replace out at this time.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 22, 2018, 06:19:39 pm »

Be kind
Rewind

Bullshizzle, my friend.
There’s no night kill with which to end
The town’s quest to catch the scums
So they won’t just sit and suck their thumbs
Maybe so. My read list is the impressions I've got from the other players so far, and can and will change later. But I'll keep saying that the sort of salt webadict has been showing is not something one just fakes.

So ‘cause he’s salty he must be town, aye?

I’ve been frustrated with TBF in lots of games before, guy.

By your logic I was town in all those games, shy.
Okay then. It'd be real great if I could get something a little more, you know, descriptive about this one. I could be scum. But, uh, so could a lot of people. Soooo, I guess the long and short of it is that you're stating an obvious without evidence to back it up. So, care to elaborate on why I'm more likely to be scum?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 22, 2018, 07:08:25 pm »

TricMagic
Persus, a better vote than anything else in info gained.

explain yourself.

TBF
I am so very tempted to vote Persus right now.  This is just...why the carp even.

why?

(As for why I'm not, I don't know if anyone would actually follow me in that, being as there's already webadict arguing to policy-lynch me.)

this concerns me. why do you only want to lynch someone if others will follow suit instead of voting people for their merit (or rather lack thereof)?

(i lost which post i was replying to so this just became a general rant)

Thinking that webadict is town because they're active is the same lazy logic as thinking persus is scum because they have a rolename about lurking. You know we pick our rolenames but not our alignment, right? I dunno why that would make Persus more likely to be scum, infact since lurking is a sorta scummy behaviour and he has a legitimate excuse for it, "powers gained by lurking" I'd say that's a point towards him being town. (a very small point, but a point nonetheless) also it's been awhile since I played with persus but I think lurking is his... thing.

TricMagic – scummy. doesn’t scumhunt, just wants to lynch whoever looks worst in the moment. Gives no reasoning for their votes either. Still hasn’t answered my question.
Maximum Spin - scummy. just seems to want to follow the most recent possible lynch without reason or investigation.
TheBiggerFish – slight scum. Weird rolefishing. When asked about their goal for the day replies “lynching scum”. No duh. Going on about the vote tying was also a weird point. Wants to buddy vote with people.

Deus Asmoth – null. Doesn’t seem that concerned. Manages to post almost as little as Persus.
Rockeater – null. doesn't do anything as far as i saw.
randomgenericusername – null.
Persus13 – null. only post has been that he’s sad about “going out of town for a few days”

Webadict – wildcard. it’s webadict. Seems to care about the game. Has a big problem with TBF. Whether that makes him town or scum is beyond me at this point.
IcyTea31 - neutral. i don't agree with the roleclaiming etc but they atleast seems to believe their own arguments which is something.
Teneb – neutral. want to hear more from Persus before I make a decision on this one
hector13 – slight town. Their content is useful enough.

Sheldon - no idea. it doesn't seem to vote, so for now i'm considering it irrelevant.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 22, 2018, 07:12:59 pm »

Sheldon, are you Persus13's assistant?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 22, 2018, 07:13:54 pm »

@Caz: A role that gets power by lurking seems almost useless to town, to me.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 22, 2018, 07:15:06 pm »

So it's a policy lynch, not an inherent-scumminess lynch.  Thus, the thing I said about a policy lynch aimed at me existing.

By the way, can we get a votecount.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 22, 2018, 07:16:27 pm »

Be kind
Rewind

Bullshizzle, my friend.
Maybe so. My read list is the impressions I've got from the other players so far, and can and will change later. But I'll keep saying that the sort of salt webadict has been showing is not something one just fakes.

Okay then. It'd be real great if I could get something a little more, you know, descriptive about this one. I could be scum. But, uh, so could a lot of people. Soooo, I guess the long and short of it is that you're stating an obvious without evidence to back it up. So, care to elaborate on why I'm more likely to be scum?

Didn’t say you were, pal.

IcyTea said you were Strong Town, gal.

Based on nothing more than your frustration... uh... dhal.

Can you tell me how that role tells you anything about their alignment, mate?

‘cause I could’ve submitted the word “scum” and I still would’ve had the same chance to be town, late.

Why is everyone so bothered by the bloody vote count, grate.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 22, 2018, 07:22:26 pm »

So it's a policy lynch, not an inherent-scumminess lynch.  Thus, the thing I said about a policy lynch aimed at me existing.

That's a lot of assumptions. I'd say that 'policy lynching' someone because they have a certain rolename instead of lynching someone you *actually* believe to be scum is far more useless to the town. Once TricMagic answers my questions I think I will switch my vote to you.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 22, 2018, 08:04:45 pm »

That's a lot of assumptions. I'd say that 'policy lynching' someone because they have a certain rolename instead of lynching someone you *actually* believe to be scum is far more useless to the town. Once TricMagic answers my questions I think I will switch my vote to you.
Okay, so if I stop posting right now, what would you say about it? That the other people that are posting consistently are inherently a better target for lynching because there's more evidence?

Because that seems fine to me. I'll see you in four days. Let me know when the Day ends. Sound good to you? Don't worry about it, my role only gets stronger when I do this, so it's totes for Town, yo.

Sounds really fucking good, doesn't it? Want to continue to defend that opinion? If you vow to lynch me, you'd have to admit it's because lurking is inherently anti-Town. So, then I guess it is scummy, right? But, then you're justification falls flat.

Be kind
Rewind

Bullshizzle, my friend.

Didn’t say you were, pal.

IcyTea said you were Strong Town, gal.

Based on nothing more than your frustration... uh... dhal.
You can't eat your cake and have it, too. Your disagreeing with his opinion, which means you do not find me to be Townlike. So, I'm either neutral or I'm scum in your eyes. I assume there'd be reasoning behind that particular decision.

I'd say I disagree with the way he justifies it, but I don't really care because I am Town. That means he's got at least one person on his list right. But, even more so, there are 3 better choices to lynch before him, with Persus jumping up a few ranks with his role. I think he could do better than Caz, but, let's face it, we can ALL do better than Maximum Spin.

By the way, I know you don't have a posting restriction. You can stop now and participate.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 22, 2018, 08:07:43 pm »

IcyTea
What was especially suspicious about Caz bidding on the item compared to everybody else who put a bid on it? As far as I can tell you voted for them after they didn't respond to your rolefishing.
That he bid so much, so quickly, for a relatively weak item. I gave him a prod, and placed my vote to put some pressure on him, which quickly solidified.
Relative to what? Double night actions sounds like it's potentially very powerful to me. And to you as well apparently since you thought Caz was going to double a bomb ability with it.

Given that the last bid was $26, what amount would have seemed not-scummy to you? $40? 30?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 22, 2018, 08:50:31 pm »

Okay, so if I stop posting right now, what would you say about it? That the other people that are posting consistently are inherently a better target for lynching because there's more evidence?

Because that seems fine to me. I'll see you in four days. Let me know when the Day ends. Sound good to you? Don't worry about it, my role only gets stronger when I do this, so it's totes for Town, yo.

Sounds really fucking good, doesn't it? Want to continue to defend that opinion? If you vow to lynch me, you'd have to admit it's because lurking is inherently anti-Town. So, then I guess it is scummy, right? But, then you're justification falls flat.

Uh, are you sure you are responding to the right post? 'Cause if not then you seem to be responding to my comments to TBF, which is... weird.

I posted that TBF policylynching Persus based on "lurking role" = "scum" is flimsy and scummy. You post that lurking behaviour is scummy. Well, sure, but it still doesn't make it any more likely that Persus is scum given that they decided their rolename at the start of the game, not their alignment.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 22, 2018, 09:40:14 pm »

Uh, are you sure you are responding to the right post? 'Cause if not then you seem to be responding to my comments to TBF, which is... weird.

I posted that TBF policylynching Persus based on "lurking role" = "scum" is flimsy and scummy. You post that lurking behaviour is scummy. Well, sure, but it still doesn't make it any more likely that Persus is scum given that they decided their rolename at the start of the game, not their alignment.
Oh, my mistake, when I clicked quote post, I was actually trying to reply to Helios, the Sun God with a thousand bushels of grain as offering. But, in what way is me replying to anything odd, especially when I literally do this ALL the time? Riddle me that one, Batman. If you're not going to touch on the subjects that need touching, then whoop-de-doo, free post for you.

How about another riddle? How do you determine someone's alignment? I'll give you one hint: If people post, then when they say scummy things, you can lynch them! How many posts have you seen from Persus13? Is it 1? Sounds really Townlike to me. I hear that the less you post, the better at catching scum you get. That's why I'm really good at catching scum: I just let them vote themselves! It's soooo easy. Hahaha HAHAHA HAH!

Be against policy lynches all you want. I think some of them are fair. Frankly, I'm disgusted that someone would want to lurk. It's like... It's like we all show up at work and then your co-worker just leaves the office because he doesn't really want to be there. But, it turns out that your office was invaded by werewolves last night, and now you have to shoot some of your friends in the head that are asking to sniff your butt. It'd be really nice if your co-worker were here plastering the walls with werewolf brains alongside you, but he's probably out getting ice cream, or maybe he's just laughing about how screwed those OTHER werewolves are while he takes another bite out of his fucking Rocky Road. It doesn't matter, because I'm still stuck in the office making pelts using Wikipedia while he's not having to do a goddamn thing.

I know I'm not as angry as I usually am, but I'm tired. That's why I hate lurking, though. It's just so stupid that I have to complain enough that people not lurk or activelurk. Like, what more do you need to say to people for them to grasp basic concepts like PLAY THE GAME. I'd rather I got ganged up on by all the other Town players and lynched than lynch every single scum player myself because then I could count on the Town to DO something.

I don't know what I'm rambling about. I'm gonna go to bed.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 22, 2018, 09:44:41 pm »

Hypothetical Question: What's scummy about tying the lynch, since a tied lynch still results in information (unlike a no lynch like normal)? If there's two people you think are scummy, wouldn't an optimal move be to tie the lynch and force scum to choose one of those people to lynch, revealing more information?

But I have privileged information on Perses and would like them to post more. A whole lot more.
I'd like to post more too. Unfortunately I'm also out of town until Tuesday, which I believe I mentioned at the top of my first post. If you have a problem with that, blame the guy who decided day start would be the day before I was in a car for 9 hours.

No. One of my powers is knowing Persus' role name, at the price he knowing mine. Only his. Fortunately, his name is very descriptive, while mine isn't.

In the interest of not being coy and actually contributing to the Town's base of knowledge, his role name is "The BYOR Role that Rewards Lurking" while mine is "A Shitpost".
Teneb has my rolename and his correct. I have no further comment on my role at this time other than to say the collective speculation on my role is hilarious but ultimately completely pointless. Just as planned by pregame me.

As an addendum since otherwise I'll be called a liar: the power that lets me know Persus' role name also has a clause that it will not appear on the death post (also applies to my own flip). I'm not too worried since his role name will still appear just fine, but might as well mention this. Pretty sure the clause is there to prevent revealing the other's role by simply dying.
Well, no comment other than that this is also accurate for my counterpart to this ability.

Sheldon, are you Persus13's assistant?
And that Sheldon is not affiliated with me as far as I'm aware.

TBF: What is your goal for this day?
I don't really know - it's RVS, there's very little to plan with.
That said, lynching scum sounds like a good idea.
What do you think is our best chance of lynching scum today?

I am so very tempted to vote Persus right now.  This is just...why the carp even.
You're tempted to vote me over something that isn't alignment based, but your not because, it'll look scummy? Because that's what this post sounds like to me, and I don't like that. (and before you quote your next post, there's already two or three votes on me).

@wuba: I'll vote Persus if you vote Persus.
Deflection much?

Persus, a better vote than anything else in info gained.

Fish, you may want to actually push, not just wait..
Just voting me isn't actually pushing dude. You're just bandwagoning. And for that you get a vote TricMagic, because I can't recall a single way you've contributed to this game. Which is what lurking really means.

I find it hilarious that nobody else thinks webadict is doing this on purpose.
I find it hilarious that you think nobody thinks webadict is doing this on purpose. So why did you decide to be smug here instead of mining for information?

Rambling

I don't know what I'm rambling about. I'm gonna go to bed.
Are you okay? Because you sound like you need a drink, or like, 20 drinks.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 22, 2018, 09:46:03 pm »

I may be able to get a post in tomorrow, but I definitely won't be posting Monday.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 22, 2018, 09:50:05 pm »

Also, y'all need to chill out a bit. The only games I've seen toxicity worse than this one either had Toady called in, or that King Mafia game that caused Jim Groovestar to blow a gasket over the Kingmaker picking people at random.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 59