Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 59

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 4: We're Done Here  (Read 92853 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 1: Er, What (13/12)
« Reply #150 on: September 21, 2018, 04:05:05 pm »

Okay, can we perhaps fucking not.  This isn't scumhunting, it's personal animus getting in the way of actually playing the game.  Maybe you don't like how I play it, but biting my head off every time I post is not going to actually make me more likely to spend time and effort in doing it.
Oh, really? Because I'm giving some pretty good reasons to lynch you, and yet I don't see any in kind for why you're voting for me. Also, I'm playing this game where I make you say things one after the other to reinforce my case. The more you say, the more can be used against you.

That's why I post a lot too. Because I fundamentally believe I'm Town. Because, and this is surprising, I actually AM. The more people can read into my thoughts and actions, the better it is for me.

Webadict, for good measure, 'cause my vote is still on you.

Tricmagic, what even is "this" and you can't split a vote like that.
This is a vote, right?

There's a difference between "I don't trust you" and "this person is scum", webadict.
Then your vote is saying I'm scum, correct? I mean, you obviously find him less suspicious than me, since you left your vote on me. THUS, I am able to conclude that you require some proof here, correct?

Or is it that you just don't like me? I suppose that'd be valid, if you found the rest of your suspects to be not suspicious. But, you think Rockeater's not worth trusting, so I'd take that as a good chance to vote him instead. All of these add up to you either not thinking your suspicions clearly (Which is why you post your logical reasoning in places, and let people identify all the incongruous information I'm sure you're wont to spout.

So, please provide evidence. A man once said that that which can be proposed without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. But, I think that's not true. I think it can be utterly destroyed with evidence. It's just that it's fatiguing in nature to do so.

Hence, your vote is terrible.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 21, 2018, 04:09:18 pm »

I think I'll take your advice and chill out for a bit. Two handed combat is easy, but I'm bored, and I have other things to do, so...

You have just claimed a powerful ability
You are saying the the scum could deal with him. Uhhhh, the scum could ALSO deal with you, and yet you seem calm enough to that fact. Why is it more important that Caz be a known now that you are? If you are scum, this isn't a big deal to you.
With no kills, blocks take a bigger role in disabling power roles. I'm unblockable.
You think you're unblockable because you have money?

What happens when it gets stolen?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 21, 2018, 04:13:19 pm »

I'm not sure where you got the idea my unblockability comes from money. It doesn't.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 21, 2018, 04:19:25 pm »

I'm not sure where you got the idea my unblockability comes from money. It doesn't.
... What? Your powerful ability is having money. What the fuck?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 21, 2018, 04:20:39 pm »

Votecount:

*(1) - hector13: Maximum Spin
*(0) - randomgenericusername
*(0.5) - TricMagic: web
*(2) - IcyTea31: Caz, hector13
*(0.5) - TheBiggerFish: adict
*(0) - Maximum Spin
*(2) - Caz: IcyTea31, TricMagic
*(0) - Persus13
*(0) - Deus Asmoth
*(0) - Rockeater
*(2) - Sheldon: Teneb, Persus13
*(1) - webadict: TheBiggerFish
*(0) - Teneb

*: Personal extension not used.
Not voting: randomgenericusername, Deus Asmoth, Rockeater, Teneb

Auction ends in about 40 minutes.

Feel free to correct me if any aspect of the count seems wrong.

Edit: Also yes I did change my avatar. 0$ if you can guess why.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 05:54:03 pm by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 21, 2018, 04:26:11 pm »

I don't think he claimed that the block and the money were correlated.

My vote is on you because you're claiming an absurd slate of powers, and being incredibly bombastic about them in a way that feels incredibly bludgeony.  It feels like you're trying to make yourself indispensable to town.  And I don't think a townie, even a confirmed townie, would want to be indispensable...because scum will end them on the first no-lynch.

Wuba: What makes you think any one player only has one role power?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 21, 2018, 04:26:28 pm »

Aaaand ninja'd.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 21, 2018, 04:27:53 pm »

When I say "unblockable" I mean that roleblocks don't work on me, not any figurative meaning of not being outbiddable.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 21, 2018, 04:44:25 pm »

But seriously, you claimed multiple powers, why are you spluttering?
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 21, 2018, 04:46:52 pm »

I don't think he claimed that the block and the money were correlated.

My vote is on you because you're claiming an absurd slate of powers, and being incredibly bombastic about them in a way that feels incredibly bludgeony.  It feels like you're trying to make yourself indispensable to town.  And I don't think a townie, even a confirmed townie, would want to be indispensable...because scum will end them on the first no-lynch.

Wuba: What makes you think any one player only has one role power?
Because I only have one role power. In case you haven't figured out sarcasm yet, I'm telling the 100% truth. I have one ability and it kills me when I use it. It's called Absolute Virtue. But it's got a 24 hour reload timer. I also have a second ability, and it's called Infinite Wishes. My third ability, though, is a daykill. But, my fourth, and only ability power, is called Daylight Sonata.

But, that's beside the point.

Let me get this completely correct, using your own words:

You're not rolefishing.
Stop imputing fishing when you're the one giving up role detsils and I'm just noticing them after the fact.

And you're voting me for claiming too many powers.
My vote is on you because you're claiming an absurd slate of powers, and being incredibly bombastic about them in a way that feels incredibly bludgeony.

And this quote about Role Fishing from Mafiascum Wiki that's completely unrelated.
Quote from:
Role Fishing is when a player asks leading questions, which can only be answered by a player with role-specific knowledge. In this way, by answering the question intelligibly, a player reveals they have role-specific knowledge, and is thus probably a power role, even though they didn't roleclaim.

Role-fishing is typically seen as a scummy activity. Avoid it.

And the only way I could actually answer your suspicion would be to claim an adequate amount of powers.

So, if my math is right, (Not Rolefishing) + (Suspicion only answerable with role information) = [Someone's scum]

Nothing about what I've done should be damaging to Town, unless you're concerned about my abilities at all, because you shouldn't know what they are! I don't know what hector's abilities are. I don't know what rgu's abilities are. I don't even know for sure if Icy Tea's claims are legit. But, frankly, even if they aren't, it's not a big deal.

I'm making myself indispensable by talking, not by saying I have anything especially powerful. The only people that should care about my 7 powerful ex-abilities is scum. It makes no sense what you're claiming.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 21, 2018, 04:56:12 pm »

When I say "unblockable" I mean that roleblocks don't work on me, not any figurative meaning of not being outbiddable.
I know what unblockable means. I'm saying that I don't really care. You could have infinity blocks for life and I wouldn't care. Why would unblockability be the same as unable to be messed with? It's like you've got some horribly night-centric mindset and you're not even aware that there's a Day to lynch people with.

Night is NOT the place where Town wins. It's ESPECIALLY not in this game, since there's many more scum than normal. How is this not concerning to you? And not only that, but it is hypocritical to say that YOUR Night game is more important than Caz's Night game because of that. Your mindset is completely inconsistent and it only makes YOU look bad.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 21, 2018, 05:13:12 pm »

Again, not sure where you got the idea that I'm not playing the day game. Have I not hunted for scum? Have I not presented what information I have for the town to digest? Have I not tried to be clever about how I use my money, especially when I have more capital in that area than others? Have I not tried to get someone I believe to be scum lynched?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 21, 2018, 05:26:37 pm »

Votecount:

*(1) - hector13: Maximum Spin
*(0) - randomgenericusername
*(0.5) - TricMagic: web
*(2) - IcyTea31: Caz, hector13
*(0.5) - TheBiggerFish: adict
*(0) - Maximum Spin
*(2) - Caz: IcyTea31, TricMagic
*(0) - Persus13
*(0) - Deus Asmoth
*(0) - Rockeater
*(1) - Sheldon: Persus13
*(1) - webadict: TheBiggerFish
*(0) - Teneb

*: Personal extension not used.
Not voting: randomgenericusername, Deus Asmoth, Rockeater, Teneb

Auction ends in about 40 minutes.

Feel free to correct me if any aspect of the count seems wrong.

Edit: Also yes I did change my avatar. 0$ if you can guess why.
Fallacy, I voted Sheldon.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 21, 2018, 05:53:37 pm »

Fallacy, I voted Sheldon.
Apologies. I didn't notice.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 21, 2018, 05:57:59 pm »

Caz seems like the optimal test right now.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 59