Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 59

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 4: We're Done Here  (Read 92725 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 1: Er, What (13/12)
« Reply #120 on: September 21, 2018, 10:36:53 am »

Tbh I wanted to see if anyone would show that they had more than 50$ by outbidding me but then IcyTea claimed that without bidding anyway. Weird stuff. But me having waffles for tea is definitely good for you guys. Well, most of you I guess.

You explaining yourself in riddles then wondering why someone isn't giving you their abilities plainly is funny to me.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 21, 2018, 10:44:22 am »

And yet, I'm not laughing.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 21, 2018, 11:02:49 am »

All I got from this exchange is that you think I have a powerful town role so you're voting me to try to get me to tell everyone the specifics of it. Ridiculous behaviour. IcyTea31

Do auctions end before a lynch? To make your behaviour even more townie you should bet $51 at the last moment so you can split my money before I spend it all on delicious, delicious waffles.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 21, 2018, 11:06:48 am »

I'm personally more worried that you want what is essentially his Money Caz.. Trying to bump him off?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 21, 2018, 11:24:50 am »

All I got from this exchange is that you think I have a powerful town role so you're voting me to try to get me to tell everyone the specifics of it. Ridiculous behaviour.
No, I think you're scum. I see two possibilities: either you're town with a powerful ability, or you're scum planning to double an anti-town action, probably also moderately powerful or better.

If I were scum, I'd stay quiet and block you, as the only possibility would be you having a powerful ability.

There is no mafiakill, so it's much safer to be open about your role than in a normal game. In fact, I'll explain mine in clearer terms. I'm a roleblocker who can't be roleblocked, and can keep roleblocking even after death. I also earn slightly more money per day while I'm alive, including this first day.

You're getting more and more evasive as I put pressure on you, which is suspicious to me, keeping in mind the rules of the game. This all adds up to a stronger mafia than town read, and worth leaving my vote on unless someone scummier shows up.

Do auctions end before a lynch? To make your behaviour even more townie you should bet $51 at the last moment so you can split my money before I spend it all on delicious, delicious waffles.
I'd rather not sacrifice my bank for the cause, as with my extra income I'll be much more likely to outbid scum in the future once something actually worthwhile gets put up to auction.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 21, 2018, 12:08:46 pm »

All I got from this exchange is that you think I have a powerful town role so you're voting me to try to get me to tell everyone the specifics of it. Ridiculous behaviour.
No, I think you're scum. I see two possibilities: either you're town with a powerful ability, or you're scum planning to double an anti-town action, probably also moderately powerful or better.

If I were scum, I'd stay quiet and block you, as the only possibility would be you having a powerful ability.

There is no mafiakill, so it's much safer to be open about your role than in a normal game. In fact, I'll explain mine in clearer terms. I'm a roleblocker who can't be roleblocked, and can keep roleblocking even after death. I also earn slightly more money per day while I'm alive, including this first day.

You're getting more and more evasive as I put pressure on you, which is suspicious to me, keeping in mind the rules of the game. This all adds up to a stronger mafia than town read, and worth leaving my vote on unless someone scummier shows up.

I'd rather not sacrifice my bank for the cause, as with my extra income I'll be much more likely to outbid scum in the future once something actually worthwhile gets put up to auction.
Yeah, I'm gonna have to give you a hard pass on that. I don't think that rolefishing is really all that justified here.

Also, you literally will never be able to outbid me, so there's no fear here about you stealing this one away from Caz.

If anything, it's on YOU to stop Caz, if YOU feel it's warranted. If he has a game-breaking ability as Town, wouldn't it be equally appealing for the scum to know? Additionally, I'm more likely to see him as Town since he's not trying to save his money for some future event that might happen. Saving your money is stupid.

I'ma give you three notches on the scumeter for that one. If you want him to claim, you have to put up a better reason than that. Your only true threat is outbidding him, but you didn't use that as your leverage (and explicitly stated as such.) You used the Town as a strongarm that you had no real right to.

I'd vote you, but I also dislike TBF and, to a much lesser extent, TricMagic.

Next time, provide a real threat before you attempt extortion.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 21, 2018, 12:11:14 pm »

Geez, WTF did you submit, Wuba?

That's a rhetorical question.  But you're claiming a whole lot of powers, and I'm not sure I trust it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 21, 2018, 12:25:44 pm »

Geez, WTF did you submit, Wuba?

That's a rhetorical question.  But you're claiming a whole lot of powers, and I'm not sure I trust it.
I submitted your mom, so that's why my role is huge.

But seriously, stop fucking fishing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 21, 2018, 12:28:21 pm »

Stop imputing fishing when you're the one giving up role detsils and I'm just noticing them after the fact.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 21, 2018, 12:32:25 pm »

Right, we have enough people to hopefully do this.   Webadict/Caz

Splitvote, but why are you so defensive?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 21, 2018, 12:36:29 pm »

Webadict, for good measure, 'cause my vote is still on you.

Tricmagic, what even is "this" and you can't split a vote like that.
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 21, 2018, 12:40:32 pm »

Splitting it, that's what.

People always seem to jump when votes keep switching, and I do need to apply pressure. That and Caz hasn't responded to my vote either.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 21, 2018, 12:48:19 pm »

Also, you literally will never be able to outbid me, so there's no fear here about you stealing this one away from Caz.
An interesting claim.

If anything, it's on YOU to stop Caz, if YOU feel it's warranted.
I think you've misunderstood my intentions. I'm not trying to stop Caz from winning the auction. I'm trying to lynch them as scum.

If he has a game-breaking ability as Town, wouldn't it be equally appealing for the scum to know?
All scum needs to know is that Caz has a powerful ability at all to act accordingly. I believe knowing the details is ultimately more helpful to us than the scum when the mafiakill is not a threat.

Additionally, I'm more likely to see him as Town since he's not trying to save his money for some future event that might happen. Saving your money is stupid.
A single extra action is not worth highballing unless you really need it. If we get that "recruit one of the replacements" auction, we want to win it.

Your only true threat is outbidding him, but you didn't use that as your leverage (and explicitly stated as such.) You used the Town as a strongarm that you had no real right to.
My true threat is my vote, which started as pressure but has now moved to a relatively solid one.

If you want him to claim, you have to put up a better reason than that.

--

Next time, provide a real threat before you attempt extortion.
I know I'm somewhat new to the local metagame, but is "pressure for a claim" not a valid D1 scumhunting strategy here on Bay12?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 21, 2018, 01:05:03 pm »

Right, we have enough people to hopefully do this.   Webadict/Caz
Error: invalid action.
~~~
Someone Anonymous tries to bid 27$. Unfortunately the bid is already higher.
~~~
Quote from: Sheldon
Of course I'll answer you. I am a SHELDON, and I am your NEW BEST FRIEND and PERSONAL PORTABLE AUTOMATED ASSISTANT. Please don't kill me.

Sheldon tries to bid 20$ but runs into the above problem.

Quote from: Sheldon
Sheldon Facts: Sheldon can see into your SOUL.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 21, 2018, 01:07:49 pm »

Sheldon: Why?
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 59