Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 59

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 4: We're Done Here  (Read 92852 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 1: Er, What (13/12)
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2018, 08:52:11 pm »

I'm just a Cat, in a Hat.
How's That?

Also, Rhymes your thing? Get some Timing.

All I got to do is rhyme,
Don’t got to worry about time.

You try to touch base with each other player,
Without pulling out all of your hair,
Trying to rhyme it
Never mind time it!

Okay come on then let’s see what you bring!
Perhaps a limerick is way more your thing?

MaxSpin’s found a traitor among us,
At least, that’s what he supposes,
Perhaps it’s for show,
But hang on a mo’
No one expects the Spanish Inquisiton
He wasn’t expecting an OMGUS.

... and just in case “superstition”.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2018, 08:52:21 pm »

EBWOP: WOULD YOU ALSO LIKE MY HOUSE AND ALL OF MY MONEY, WHILE YOU'RE AT IT?
Yes.

Maximum Spin: Why do you think hector's Mafia?  I know this is RVS, but you must have some reason to actually suspect this.
He just smells wrong.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2018, 09:13:56 pm »

shrug

If you want to give me money, I can take it.
That isn't what I asked, TBF.

TricMagic TheBiggerFish

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2018, 09:42:46 pm »

@webadict: Actually you did, y'know, ask that.  Right here.
But seriously, are you actually getting this upset that I said something that was obvious to anyone who looks at the vote count?  Have you ever heard of the Streisand Effect?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2018, 09:44:57 pm »

In other words: you breached your own dang security there, pal, by kicking up such a fuss about your role and limitations.  Sure seems like there wasn't anybody saying anything until you came along and blew your top.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2018, 10:49:57 pm »

@webadict: Actually you did, y'know, ask that.  Right here.
But seriously, are you actually getting this upset that I said something that was obvious to anyone who looks at the vote count?  Have you ever heard of the Streisand Effect?
In other words: you breached your own dang security there, pal, by kicking up such a fuss about your role and limitations.  Sure seems like there wasn't anybody saying anything until you came along and blew your top.
Whoa there, Bessy. You got three things wrong in these here parts.

1. I said my house and all of my money. You said only money. They are different. Perhaps consequentially.
2. I voted you and Tric to show how the vote works. I pointed this out as a draw away from my other abilities. People need to think my role is less threatening than it is for it to be what it is.
3. I know exactly what I'm doing. Sometimes, the key to a magic trick is making the audience think one thing and then hitting them with a lead pipe.

However, your reaction is over-the-top. What makes you think that I, webadict, am anything other than a ruthless autonomous machine? Even if I were to feel the emotion implied impact of your words, I would cram that into a small little box and file it under the garbage can, right next to the letters my therapist keeps writing to me.

Plus, I outnumber you, two to one, so I'm pretty sure I could beat you up.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2018, 10:58:17 pm »

1. Yep.  Have a cookie.
2. Hoo boy.  I can't even begin to think about what you must have, for two votes to be not your biggest threat.
3. Oh no not the pipes nooo

And re: other question:  Nah, they haven't gotten mafia bots working yet, let alone at this quality.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2018, 11:19:09 pm »

1. Yep.  Have a cookie.
2. Hoo boy.  I can't even begin to think about what you must have, for two votes to be not your biggest threat.

And re: other question:  Nah, they haven't gotten mafia bots working yet, let alone at this quality.
Have we resorted to mockery now? Is this your idea of cooling off?

It makes me think you don't even care. And that's an unproductive trait. Especially since the entirety of your play has literally been rolefishing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2018, 12:14:59 am »

It wasn't intended to be mockery.
Sigtext

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2018, 03:23:35 am »

24$ for those waffles.

Hector, webadict, Tric:
I'll gladly join this bout of yours
beat you with slickest rhymes
a wolf in sheep's still clothes in furs
so confess to your crimes

I do what can't be done to me
if you would hear my role
there is no move to stop my spree
not e'en the six-foot hole

RGU: Which post you've seen so far is the scummiest? Why?

TBF: In the pre-game banter I called you my scumbuddy. You're not going to stab me in return, are you?

Maximum Spin: Why are you being so terse with your posts?

Sheldon: Is there any way you can communicate? For instance, by making a code of auction bids: odd for no, even for yes?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2018, 03:47:24 am »

@Hector, You'll be suprised at how much important things I sometimes forget to read
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2018, 03:54:20 am »

@Hector, You'll be suprised at how much important things I sometimes forget to read
Sometimes thing you acually need
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2018, 04:03:32 am »

It wasn't intended to be mockery.
How the--
1. Yep.  Have a cookie.

In what way would it even be intended, save mockery? I had to look it up just to make sure I wasn't missing something. Answer in as few and meaningless of words as possible, since that seems to be your thing.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2018, 06:33:33 am »

Ah, the joys of everything going on in a night. But anyway... I am utterly, completely appalled that no one is voting Sheldon. Seriously. Why, it utterly boggles the mind that you are going at each other rather than the instrument of Mod trickery upon our very existence. Why, this Sheldon might even be some sort of horrible being like a youtuber, with Markiplier coming to mind as a certainly most random and not at all deliberate example.

@hector13: No, I was just mirroring the formatting of Webadict in the votes list.

Of note: that double vote apparently counts once upon a single person...
THANK YOU, THEBIGGERFISH, FOR THAT. SOME OF US AREN'T TRYING TO REVEAL OUR ENTIRE ROLE. PERHAPS IT'S BETTER TO KEEP SOME INFORMATION TO YOURSELF UNTIL LATER SO THAT IT ISN'T OBVIOUS, ESPECIALLY BECAUSE SOME OF US HAVE SPECIFIC ISSUES WITH PEOPLE KNOWING THE LIMITATIONS TO OUR ROLE.

ARE YOU HAPPY?
Heh, couldn't you say then that our illustrous poster of laconic disposition and abnormaly high postcount, probably related factors if we stop to think about it, is being caught in a situation of the ironic persuasion? What a lark! A fish, bigger than others for certain, engaging in the action of a fisherperson, castiong hook, line and sinker in an attempt at the predation of roles. I have no doubts something... fishy is afoot! Hoho. Oh, so great is my wit that I should endeavour to become a youtuber, much like that Markiplier fellow.

I'm just a Cat, in a Hat.
How's That?

Also, Rhymes your thing? Get some Timing.

All I got to do is rhyme,
Don’t got to worry about time.

You try to touch base with each other player,
Without pulling out all of your hair,
Trying to rhyme it
Never mind time it!

Okay come on then let’s see what you bring!
Perhaps a limerick is way more your thing?

MaxSpin’s found a traitor among us,
At least, that’s what he supposes,
Perhaps it’s for show,
But hang on a mo’
No one expects the Spanish Inquisiton
He wasn’t expecting an OMGUS.

... and just in case “superstition”.
I weep for thee, comrade, truly I do, for you seem to be stuck with the most horrible of restrictions. I am truly glad, of that I am certain, that I am not saddled with the burden of communicating in rhyme or verse. I would of course like to ask you, if you mayhaps could contrive to morph your elucidation unto the proper metrics, what you cogitate upon the topic of TBF's fishing aspirations? Are they worthy of a restrictive poem, or merely vapid noises made by a miserable pile of scum? And, rather more importantly, in a scale of 0 to Markiplier, how much are they a Markiplier?

Markiplier? Markiplier.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2018, 06:50:07 am »

Okay, could we get a call of everyone under a post restriction?

Why, it utterly boggles the mind that you are going at each other rather than the instrument of Mod trickery upon our very existence.
This is a "weird but not bastard" game. We should only expect trickery of each other.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 59