Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 4: We're Done Here  (Read 92616 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Night 3: Are You Even Awake? (9/13)
« Reply #840 on: October 11, 2018, 11:47:44 am »

Its night. Y'all need to be quiet.
If you read my post, you'd know that my character is allowed to talk at night

Unless fish has a special ability too, he probably should be quiet though.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Night 3: Are You Even Awake? (10/13)
« Reply #841 on: October 13, 2018, 08:02:46 pm »

Hey wait, the night deadline passed. I guess I'll process actions.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Night 3: Are You Even Awake? (9/13)
« Reply #842 on: October 15, 2018, 10:41:20 am »

Its night. Y'all need to be quiet.
If you read my post, you'd know that my character is allowed to talk at night

Unless fish has a special ability too, he probably should be quiet though.
At this time, that claim shall be neither explicitly confirmed nor denied.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: October 15, 2018, 04:10:20 pm »

*bump for the GM. Any issues lately?*

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: October 15, 2018, 05:54:36 pm »

I haven't submitted any night actions yet unfortunately. Have some big projects I'm working on right now. Should be done by the end of this week though.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: October 18, 2018, 08:25:56 am »

Fallacy appears to have disappeared?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: October 18, 2018, 09:43:04 am »

Fallacy appears to have disappeared?
He was last active on October 13th. I think I'll give him until the 20th before giving up on this game.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: October 18, 2018, 11:02:03 am »

Sorry, just busy. I'll put in the update today.

I said I would and I meant it. Er, after midnight still counts as today. Yes. Totally. Processing night actions.

Edit 2: Then my internet died temporarily. Ugh. Still gonna happen.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 09:41:48 am by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: October 21, 2018, 01:26:28 pm »

FallacyofUrist appears to have not done the thing he said he neant at this time...
Sigtext

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: October 21, 2018, 02:12:06 pm »

Fish, I understand that you’re frustrated by this, but that isn’t how you bring it up. If FallacyOfUrist is going to continue the game then he will do so. If he doesn’t, then no amount of complaining is going to change his mind. It would be nice if he told us what his plans for this game are going to be but as someone who’s run games in the past, it’s a lot harder than you think. When you abandon a game, you feel like you’ve failed as a GM. When you simply fall behind, you’re still admitting to failing to keep a consistent schedule.

Fallacy doesn’t have to do this you know. He’s running this game because he was hoping that we would enjoy it. Seeing how things have been recently, I can understand why he feels demoralized.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 02:14:00 pm by heydude6 »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: October 21, 2018, 02:44:34 pm »

That was not a complaint.  That was an observation.
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: October 21, 2018, 03:22:20 pm »

*It is Night, wait for Day. That is all.*

He'll get to it when he can/does.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: October 21, 2018, 07:37:03 pm »

Fish, I understand that you’re frustrated by this, but that isn’t how you bring it up. If FallacyOfUrist is going to continue the game then he will do so. If he doesn’t, then no amount of complaining is going to change his mind. It would be nice if he told us what his plans for this game are going to be but as someone who’s run games in the past, it’s a lot harder than you think. When you abandon a game, you feel like you’ve failed as a GM. When you simply fall behind, you’re still admitting to failing to keep a consistent schedule.

Fallacy doesn’t have to do this you know. He’s running this game because he was hoping that we would enjoy it. Seeing how things have been recently, I can understand why he feels demoralized.
I've also run games before, and I think TBF has a valid point, although I think letting this game die would be far kinder to it and Fallacy at this point.

I've let games (mainly RTDs) die before, and what helps keep that from happening is when players ask for updates. It shows that they care about the game.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: October 21, 2018, 08:43:18 pm »

True. I just think TBF could have used a better tone.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: October 22, 2018, 02:09:13 pm »

I've let games (mainly RTDs) die before, and what helps keep that from happening is when players ask for updates. It shows that they care about the game.
I agree completely with this statement. It helps to know that someone is relying on you.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59