Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 59

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 4: We're Done Here  (Read 92766 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 1: Er, What (13/12)
« Reply #360 on: September 26, 2018, 06:30:07 pm »

Does saying Doopliss knock you out or something?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 26, 2018, 06:32:12 pm »

Are you seriously trying to make a case for Persus' role based on a single letter? After someone else already said what Persus' rolename is?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 26, 2018, 06:35:27 pm »

Kinda silly, yeah.

But it's not as if his original role name helps. It can just as likely be an ability. It's not like it's impossible, and if it's true, I have at least shut that ability down. If he uses "p" again, I'll certainly have a case.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 26, 2018, 06:42:13 pm »

Are you seriously trying to make a case for Persus' role based on a single letter? After someone else already said what Persus' rolename is?
He's scum. He's trying to hunt rolenames instead of alignments because it's psychologically easier to do. Most people fall for the "third parties" hole as scum. Even me. It's easier to convince yourself that you're going after something of importance.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 26, 2018, 06:42:57 pm »

What the actual fuck is going on with TricMagic, good grief.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 26, 2018, 06:46:39 pm »

I don't have day actions... Given Doopliss makes a habit of stealing someone's powers, losing mine will hurt my capabilities.. However, saying his name makes him vulnerable, and I'm hoping saying that name will prevent it.

I also have never actually said that misspelling just in case it is an ability trigger. Caution.

At the moment, I have no other recourse but to make sure. Role/fishing is secondary to this.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 26, 2018, 06:50:35 pm »

Persus is gone, and it's close to my bedtime. Goodnight everyone. I'm expecting there will be more to read in the morning.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 26, 2018, 06:54:59 pm »

What brought all this on? Did you lose your abilities suddenly or are you just going down a remote rabbit hole? Wtf is a Doopliss? Did you post all this before day end because you want people to target you?  Am I taking crazy pills?  :o

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 26, 2018, 06:55:41 pm »

He's scum. He's trying to hunt rolenames instead of alignments because it's psychologically easier to do. Most people fall for the "third parties" hole as scum. Even me. It's easier to convince yourself that you're going after something of importance.
I don’t really think he’s hunting for the role names of others.
I don’t see how any of those posts can possibly convince someone to divulge theirs or their brothers’

He’s either trying bait someone into triggering his role power
Or setting up a desperate gambit at the final hour.

Or maybe someone actually stole his ability
and he is trying to restore his role’s integrity.

Who knows, it’s a topic for tomorrow.
Right now, he has a lot of time to borrow.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 26, 2018, 07:07:49 pm »

... Given that character's powers, it likely also has that weakness, and I don't want my role stolen from me, Doopliss.

That's your name, so give me my powers back. No stealing.

What are you babbling about?
The p, the lowercase p to be specific. There is no reason to consistently misspell my name. Unless it was a power trigger. Hope my outing of the true name will at least prevent that effect from taking hold.

Also, a Paper Mario The Thousand-Year Door reference.

What brought all this on? Did you lose your abilities suddenly or are you just going down a remote rabbit hole? Wtf is a Doopliss? Did you post all this before day end because you want people to target you?  Am I taking crazy pills?  :o

I'm back, if only for a minute.
As I answered once before, have a Minuet.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 26, 2018, 07:39:52 pm »

????????

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 26, 2018, 07:43:39 pm »

????????
IDFK either, fellow being.  IDFK.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 2: The World Falls Over (12/12)(replacement needed)
« Reply #372 on: September 26, 2018, 08:00:06 pm »

Votecount:

*(0) - heydude6
*(0) - randomgenericusername
*(1) - TricMagic: Persus13
*(0) - IcyTea31:
*(0) - TheBiggerFish:
*(8) - Maximum Spin: Deus Asmoth, Teneb, web, adict, TheBiggerFish, TricMagic, IcyTea31, Caz, heydude6
*(0) - Caz:
*(0) - Persus13:
*(0) - Deus Asmoth
*(0) - Rockeater
*(0) - Sheldon:
*(0) - webadict:
*(1) - Teneb: Maximum Spin

*: Personal extension not used.
Not voting: randomgenericusername, Rockeater

Actually he was probably hammered a while ago.

In the end, before the day could end everyone decided that Maximum Spin was hiding a dark secret...

Violence being forbidden, they did what they could and lured him into a house with promises of cake. The cake was a lie and of course the house was due to collapse any minute.

When they dug Maximum Spin's corpse out of the rubble, they found that he was the only thing holding the world up. Slowly the world started to tilt to the side.

Assisted by a good helping of luck, the survivors reconvened on the side of a skyscraper. Evil was still among them.

Maximum Spin was A role based on the concept "infinite stack of turtles” (town)
(1-Shot, Day): It’s Turtles All The Way Down: You deny the truth of the world. The first time you would be lynched today, the day starts over as though none of the day’s events ever happened. You must specifically say the phrase “it’s turtles all the way down” at least 24 hours prior to your lynch in order to activate this ability(in your action PM to the mod, please include a quote of the post where you said this phrase). Of course if you aren’t lynched the ability is wasted.
(1-Shot, Auto): Topple the Stack: When you’re lynched successfully the next night is skipped.
(1-Shot, Night): Infinite Shell Game Con [target]: You trick your target into giving you all their money. Of course they learn that you took all their money, so there’s that.
(Auto): Blue Turtle Cult: An extra player has joined the game! You now control the NPC Sheldon. Unless their alignment changes, in which case they’ll be replaced by a living player. Their role is Blue Turtle Cult. They don’t have a vote(unless they’re replaced). Sheldon’s alignment is currently town. You can submit messages via PM for Sheldon to post and determine his actions and auction bids each phase(unless their alignment changes). Sheldon sends you their action results(unless their alignment changes). You can control Sheldon even while dead(unless they’re replaced, as mentioned).

~~~
Somewhere along the way, webadict snatched the Roleblock Shield(spending 18$ in the process).

webadict has won the auction for the Roleblock Shield! Minus 18$ for him.
~~~
With regards to money income:

Unless there are circumstances jamming that, add 20$ to your role as part of basic income.

If your vote was on Maximum Spin, add 6$ to your money total.
~~~
"What an interesting lynch! I've got just the thing for you now..."

Spoiler: Auction Rules Day 2 (click to show/hide)
~~~
Day 2 ends Monday 8:00 PM Central/Forum time. The community extension is as of yet unused.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 08:30:27 pm by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 26, 2018, 08:07:34 pm »

Replacement needed? I wouldn't mind being that replacement.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 26, 2018, 08:08:23 pm »

Replacement needed? I wouldn't mind being that replacement.
And I wouldn't mind sending you the info.

piratejoe has replaced Rockeater
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 08:11:53 pm by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 59