Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Societies where cheating on your partner leads to ostracization from the communi  (Read 12410 times)

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyone live in a place where if a partner cheats, it's a big deal and people will talk about it and slutshame? (imo you can use this term towards men, women, and anything in between)

Where I live, both genders seem to be encouraged to cheat on each other.

I would prefer if the place was in an English speaking country as I know some that are not English speaking that are like this but I don't want to live there.

Anyone know of such a place? I wouldn't mind if it was heavy religious either as long as the language is English.

I want to start a family but I'm having some serious trust issues due to past experiences.

Thanks!
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

Most of Western and Eastern Society? Go somewhere super religious I guess. Anywhere in Alabama, the South in general, or maybe Utah--but Salt Lake City was literally founded by a Christian sect persecuted for having multiple wives sooo...

None of my business, but that's a very unhealthy attitude. You want to live in a place that people are socially punished for their indiscretions because of your own prior experiences? That's messed up dawg. You could move to Saudi Arabia I guess. I don't know where the heck you live, but in most places cheating/adultery is generally frowned upon. Sounds more like you just know some shitty people, my guy.

This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Most of Western and Eastern Society? Go somewhere super religious I guess. Anywhere in Alabama, the South in general, or maybe Utah--but Salt Lake City was literally founded by a Christian sect persecuted for having multiple wives sooo...

None of my business, but that's a very unhealthy attitude. You want to live in a place that people are socially punished for their indiscretions because of your own prior experiences? That's messed up dawg. You could move to Saudi Arabia I guess. I don't know where the heck you live, but in most places cheating/adultery is generally frowned upon. Sounds more like you just know some shitty people, my guy.

I'm been looking into Utah, it seems to be my first choice at the moment.

I live in the Western world, cheating is glorified. I've slept with more girls with boyfriend's / husband's than without.

Mort Stroodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I live in the Western world, cheating is glorified. I've slept with more girls with boyfriend's / husband's than without.

Uh, if you're knowingly having sex with somebody that you know is cheating on somebody else, that means you're part of the problem here. If you don't want people to feel rewarded/glorified by cheating on their partners, maybe don't encourage people who are cheating on their partners?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

I don't get it. You wanna live somewhere where you couldn't have as much sex?

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uh, if you're knowingly having sex with somebody that you know is cheating on somebody else, that means you're part of the problem here. If you don't want people to feel rewarded/glorified by cheating on their partners, maybe don't encourage people who are cheating on their partners?

How am I to know about their relationships before adding them on Facebook / meeting their friends?

I find it funny that you want to blame me and not the woman.

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I want to live somewhere where I can have a marriage like my father and his father and his father before him had.

But who even cares about sex? I want to have a family and successful children with the support of 2 parents.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 02:17:42 pm by DFNewb »

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I want to live somewhere where I can have a marriage like my father and his father and his father before him had.

But who even cares about sex? I want to have a family and successful children with the support of 2 parents.

So...find someone who wants to do that with you and go do that? You can do that pretty much anywhere, really. Strictly speaking you don't even need a closed relationship to do that, let alone a society that will cater to your trust issues.

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So...find someone who wants to do that with you and go do that? You can do that pretty much anywhere, really. Strictly speaking you don't even need a closed relationship to do that, let alone a society that will cater to your trust issues.

I need a closed relationship or I won't have children with someone.

For people who are gonna post in this thread in the future please provide a place other than Utah that fits my criteria or just don't post. I don't need randoms on the internet judging how I view relationships, I need locations.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

Guy. There are no locations there aren't absolute hellholes that fit your really strict condemnations of infidelity. That's what we're trying to tell you. Do YOU even know what you're looking for??? Like I already said, MOST PLACES are already places where people will not actively encourage cheating. That shit is in your head. You can have a faithful relationship/marriage wherever. What do you want, to see people who cheat beaten or their lives ruined???

There ARE allegedly 20 states in the US where adultery is illegal (you can research that yourself)--though it isn't anything more than a misdemeanor in those areas. To be honest, I highly doubt that in those 20 states, that someone is really socially put to the torch when they cheat. If you're asking for a place where cheating DOESN'T happen, like, at all--well, you are shit out of luck, my friend.

That said, if you google "Is [any area] a good place to raise a family" you'll find endless lists of towns and cities that are family-friendly. I assume these might be places to settle down... so, I guess that fits the bill a bit?

If you want an arranged marriage it's probably better to move to a more traditional country like India or China or somewhere in Eastern Europe.

And clearly YOU care about sex! Nobody wants to be cheated on, but mail-order brides just don't fucking exist. You have to love your spouse, or at least respect them. Check out The Stepford Wives, lol. Also, you should know as a big cheater big-person-who-has-caused-others-to-cheat yourself, sex is a big part of any relationship.

You have unrealistic expectations. Cheating happens. Not in a certain are or with certain people, it happens to people who feel neglected or spiteful. It happens even in places where it can be punished with death. But it also doesn't happen a lot too, and that phenomenon isn't attributable to a certain area or people either--it's all down to you and who you meet and how you treat them.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

I can't tell you where to look for your marital elysium, but I can tell you you're better off asking somewhere else than the wretched hive of progressive scum and villainy that Bay12 is.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

This seems to be you wanting a shortcut to what you want. Rather than, you know, asking people to be honest with you and vetting your relationships, you want to find somewhere that culturally punishes people for.....doing the thing you willfully already did in the past?

Rather than extraneously blaming society, or women....try blaming yourself and your own penis? You seem to act like you need a society to check your balls. You need to check your balls, and you need to check the person you want to get involved with.

Prime example: just today a married woman effectively expressed her intentions for a recently divorced friend of mine. She's older but attractive.

And you know what he said? No. "You're married, you're complicated and I don't need that drama or that karma. I think you're hot but it's not just the right time."

That's self control. No societal or cultural pressure needed. He was just a fucking man about it, and self-aware enough to know what trouble is when he sees it, and self-aware enough not to let himself fall in to it.

I don't need randoms on the internet judging how I view relationships

Hypocrisy. Good luck with that.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 05:03:55 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Maybe an Orthodox Jewish commune? I dont know if they actually accept converts though
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 05:07:31 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

I heard Malta is full already
Love, scriver~

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't tell you where to look for your marital elysium, but I can tell you you're better off asking somewhere else than the wretched hive of progressive scum and villainy that Bay12 is.

Yea I can tell from the people who blame me for others infidelity are sexist and for some reason don't believe women are capable of making the choice to cheat without telling the person they are cheating with that they are in a relationship.

Maybe an Orthodox Jewish commune? I dont know if they actually accept converts though

With the new laws in Isreal with the DNA testing, I don't think I would fit in even if I did all the work to become Jewish. Good idea to look for more isolated religious groups but I don't want to join a cult either. I was also looking into Amish but they want you to have Dutch blood.

Guy. There are no locations there aren't absolute hellholes that fit your really strict condemnations of infidelity. That's what we're trying to tell you. Do YOU even know what you're looking for??? Like I already said, MOST PLACES are already places where people will not actively encourage cheating. That shit is in your head. You can have a faithful relationship/marriage wherever. What do you want, to see people who cheat beaten or their lives ruined???

There ARE allegedly 20 states in the US where adultery is illegal (you can research that yourself)--though it isn't anything more than a misdemeanor in those areas. To be honest, I highly doubt that in those 20 states, that someone is really socially put to the torch when they cheat. If you're asking for a place where cheating DOESN'T happen, like, at all--well, you are shit out of luck, my friend.

That said, if you google "Is [any area] a good place to raise a family" you'll find endless lists of towns and cities that are family-friendly. I assume these might be places to settle down... so, I guess that fits the bill a bit?

If you want an arranged marriage it's probably better to move to a more traditional country like India or China or somewhere in Eastern Europe.

And clearly YOU care about sex! Nobody wants to be cheated on, but mail-order brides just don't fucking exist. You have to love your spouse, or at least respect them. Check out The Stepford Wives, lol. Also, you should know as a big cheater big-person-who-has-caused-others-to-cheat yourself, sex is a big part of any relationship.

You have unrealistic expectations. Cheating happens. Not in a certain are or with certain people, it happens to people who feel neglected or spiteful. It happens even in places where it can be punished with death. But it also doesn't happen a lot too, and that phenomenon isn't attributable to a certain area or people either--it's all down to you and who you meet and how you treat them.

Wow this really got you rilied up. Have you ever read cosmopolitan? Every edition has at least 1 article about how great it is to cheat as a woman in 2018.

Yea I would love to see people who cheat in marriage get beat and their lives ruined. People shouldn't make marriage vows if they don't intend to keep them.

Yea girls seem to cheat when their partner is either long distance, not good looking, short, not well endowed. There are also loads of girls who get into relationships for the resources / lifestyle their partner offers.

If you think cheating doesn't happen a lot, I got bad news for you.

This seems to be you wanting a shortcut to what you want. Rather than, you know, asking people to be honest with you and vetting your relationships, you want to find somewhere that culturally punishes people for.....doing the thing you willfully already did in the past?

Rather than extraneously blaming society, or women....try blaming yourself and your own penis? You seem to act like you need a society to check your balls. You need to check your balls, and you need to check the person you want to get involved with.

Prime example: just today a married woman effectively expressed her intentions for a recently divorced friend of mine. She's older but attractive.

And you know what he said? No. "You're married, you're complicated and I don't need that drama or that karma. I think you're hot but it's not just the right time."

That's self control. No societal or cultural pressure needed. He was just a fucking man about it, and self-aware enough to know what trouble is when he sees it, and self-aware enough not to let himself fall in to it.

I don't need randoms on the internet judging how I view relationships

Hypocrisy. Good luck with that.

You are very sexist, women are people too. It takes 2 to tango. I've only ever intentionally helped girls cheat 4 times, the rest I found out about later. As far as I know I've only ever been with 1 married woman, but I'm sure the boyfriend's of the other girls assumed they were gonna get married.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6