Author Topic: CULT  (Read 75398 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: CULT
« Reply #225 on: October 01, 2018, 04:40:10 pm »

Night is coming. The sun is setting. The moon is rising. It seems quite large tonight.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 01, 2018, 05:04:31 pm »

"Well, I'd say that went well."

Grab some big plastic trash bags from home before heading back to the university basement and depositing the orb. Look through the literature others have gathered until I feel tired.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 02, 2018, 06:37:49 am »

((*Something something* "vibrating fists" *something something* "d12s in allll the right places"))

Be very polite and gracious to Helen, and ask her about what she's been up to lately, especially in relation to the cult.  Ask what she wants out of it, what she'd be willing to do for her new god, generally get to know her and her goals.  If questioned on why he's asking, he'll lie and say he just wants to know who he can trust in the cult, since religious groups can have some unfortunate interpersonal conflicts.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 02, 2018, 11:55:33 am »

The room would be for a lockable room with some extra soundproofing that's large enough for the cult to dissect a human being in, while the cult watches, along with stowing the developing gear.

Anyway, head home, eat a meal, look at the moon for some time, and then rest.

Spoiler: Sean O'Malley (click to show/hide)

Hotfire90

« Reply #229 on: October 02, 2018, 12:12:23 pm »

Read an autopsy book if I have one, then go to sleep.
Spoiler: Richard Reed (click to show/hide)

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 02, 2018, 06:18:20 pm »

Setting the items and foodstuff into their proper placed, Alexis decided to:

Spruce up the place by cleaning up whenever necessary. Afterward, she will spent the night at her house.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 02, 2018, 08:52:21 pm »

Using my connections, get an appointment with the other library to be able to read the source book. Ask if I would be allowed to copy some of it's contents in a notebook for an investigation.

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #232 on: October 03, 2018, 05:57:54 am »

See what's on the news for a while. If there's nothing interesting she'll switch to something more interesting. Maybe I can find some rerun of the Twilight Zone.

Set some snacks or drinks for Guile, no reason to be impolite.

Helen will say that she's into this mostly for fun. It's like a game or an adventure. And something fun to record. If this also results in something profitable it would be even better, but she doesn't have high hopes for that. What the Scholar can do with all that medical stuff is certainly interesting but not really what she's interested in. Maybe the Scholar also has other interests like exploring interesting places or making fun drugs or something. That's something she could get behind. Until then she'll stick around merely because it's interesting. I mean, how often does one get to experience something supernatural? Unless the orb is some super advanced alien egg or something. But even then, it would be interesting.

((Why are we discussing via actions :P ))

Spoiler: Helen "The Recorder" (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 04, 2018, 09:50:13 am »

Well, that's too bad. Check if I can find info the church around the time this guy started going completely off the rails and died, and/or other instances of people around here going through the same kind of paranormal breakdown.

If it gets to be real late by the time I did, go home and sleep.

Spoiler: Walton J. Murphy (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #235 on: October 04, 2018, 12:42:46 pm »

"Well, I'd say that went well."

Grab some big plastic trash bags from home before heading back to the university basement and depositing the orb. Look through the literature others have gathered until I feel tired.

Instead of forcing a possession roll I'm just gonna say you go buy some for 3 bucks. Safer that way.

You read through the books that others aren't using, learning basically exactly what they have till this point.

((*Something something* "vibrating fists" *something something* "d12s in allll the right places"))

Be very polite and gracious to Helen, and ask her about what she's been up to lately, especially in relation to the cult.  Ask what she wants out of it, what she'd be willing to do for her new god, generally get to know her and her goals.  If questioned on why he's asking, he'll lie and say he just wants to know who he can trust in the cult, since religious groups can have some unfortunate interpersonal conflicts.

See what's on the news for a while. If there's nothing interesting she'll switch to something more interesting. Maybe I can find some rerun of the Twilight Zone.

Set some snacks or drinks for Guile, no reason to be impolite.

Helen will say that she's into this mostly for fun. It's like a game or an adventure. And something fun to record. If this also results in something profitable it would be even better, but she doesn't have high hopes for that. What the Scholar can do with all that medical stuff is certainly interesting but not really what she's interested in. Maybe the Scholar also has other interests like exploring interesting places or making fun drugs or something. That's something she could get behind. Until then she'll stick around merely because it's interesting. I mean, how often does one get to experience something supernatural? Unless the orb is some super advanced alien egg or something. But even then, it would be interesting.

((Why are we discussing via actions :P ))

Thats a good damn question Helen.

Helen gets some popcorn from the cabinet and splits it into two bowls before returning to the couch.

The tv signal suddenly cuts out, replaced with a blue screen and a familiar screeching alarm. White text scrolls across proclaiming "WEATHER ADVISORY".

The room would be for a lockable room with some extra soundproofing that's large enough for the cult to dissect a human being in, while the cult watches, along with stowing the developing gear.

Anyway, head home, eat a meal, look at the moon for some time, and then rest.

Spoiler: Sean O'Malley (click to show/hide)
Would you be willing to convert a room in your house into it or are we looking to build an extension/a free standing room or basement or something?

You head home. The moon is out and bright. You stop at a street light, leaning your head against your hand and resting your elbow on the door of the car, waiting for it to change. As you sit, you look around. Its not that late, maybe around 9 or 9:30, but the streets seem utterly deserted. Its bizarrely quiet outside of the hum of the streetlights and the clicking of your turn signal. The only movement is the erratic swarm of moths around your headlights. There are a lot of them, a lot more than you've seen like this before. Dozens, maybe hundreds. Suddenly you hear something. Its...like a wave of unsound, like someone swinging a pillow down at your head, just a rush of air as ambient sounds are snuffed.  The light around you takes on an tinge of green and what look like tiny fluffy motes of dust start drifting down from somewhere overhead and landing on your windshield and hood.

Read an autopsy book if I have one, then go to sleep.
You don't have one; you only grabbed things about cutting up the living. Hmph.

Setting the items and foodstuff into their proper placed, Alexis decided to:

Spruce up the place by cleaning up whenever necessary. Afterward, she will spent the night at her house.

You spend about a half hour obsessively cleaning and organizing the underground room.

Using my connections, get an appointment with the other library to be able to read the source book. Ask if I would be allowed to copy some of it's contents in a notebook for an investigation.

[6] You arrange for a time slot to read the source book. They tell you that you can copy the text by hand or take pictures of it, though they have rules for how to take pictures. Mostly "No flash". When the slot is, what day and what 4 hour time slot, I'll let you choose.

Well, that's too bad. Check if I can find info the church around the time this guy started going completely off the rails and died, and/or other instances of people around here going through the same kind of paranormal breakdown.

If it gets to be real late by the time I did, go home and sleep.

Spoiler: Walton J. Murphy (click to show/hide)
You look through records regarding that time period and find a few interesting things. A rash of disappearances began maybe a few months before the mans death and continued a few months beyond. Most of the victims were homeless, vagrants, low income workers, and runaways, and little was made of it. You find an article talking about a "Plague of stray dogs" that complains of a massive number of stray dogs residing in the city and surrounding area. There are also several reports of sudden deaths and one that talks about the construction of a new room in the local hospital to hold "Insensible" patients.

It is night.

You feel like someone is watching you.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 04, 2018, 02:48:24 pm »

Time to sleep.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #237 on: October 04, 2018, 04:58:48 pm »

Watching people is MY thing. Who dares watch the watcher? Lock the door, secure the windows, turn down the volume on the TV and then spend some time staring outside and listening for strange noises, just in case. If I see anything weird, try to record it.

Hotfire90

« Reply #238 on: October 04, 2018, 05:08:00 pm »

Sleep.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 05, 2018, 07:06:05 am »

Tomorrow in the morning seems fine.

See if the name "Rudolf Freiherr von Sebottendorff" triggers a response from the orb. Then just sleep nearby and dream.

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 36