Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 36

Author Topic: CULT  (Read 75466 times)

Hotfire90

Re: CULT
« Reply #180 on: September 16, 2018, 09:43:34 am »

"I'm off to visit the bookstore again, see if the owner has made up her mind yet, and maybe pick up a few books too while I'm at it."

Visit the old woman in her new age shop and see if she has any books about medicine and anatomy or occult books concerning the Scholar, also ask her if she's made up her mind yet about joining the cult.
Spoiler: Richard Reed (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 16, 2018, 10:10:13 am »

I'm going to, you guessed it, keep reading this damn journal.

Spoiler: Walton J. Murphy (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 16, 2018, 11:54:09 pm »

Use connections (and a little guile) to negotiate for a lower rent.

"Woah, woah!  Keep your hands to yourself, lady!"

Alexis does not get to touch Little Guile with her filthy cultist hands, and she definitely isn't gonna use him to negotiate for less rent.  Guile will instead follow Helen.  Without telling Helen, or letting her know that she's being followed.  It's more stalking, really.  Platonic stalking.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #183 on: September 17, 2018, 09:08:35 am »

($2250/year is staggaringly low, but go for it.)

"We're pooling the money together for the university area.  How much was it again?"

(2250 a year)

Reset the traps, and, if the banks have opened yet, withdraw money up to that amount.  If I manage that much, go to the university and put down the deposit.  Don't take the orb with me until the place has been paid for.

Spoiler: Sean O'Malley (click to show/hide)
You reset the tripped trap and then head to the bank. [8,5,8 2]
You withdraw $2,300 (reduce money by 1 level) and travel over to the university. You put the deposit down on the room, renting it for a year.

Clearing her throat, Alexis raised a hand, glaring at Guile's antics. "I can use my connections to negotiate for a lower annual rent. We can go to the university so that I can do so."

Spoiler: Alexis L. Cromwald (click to show/hide)
[10] You bypass the apparently sexless man you and Helen talked to earlier and go straight to the building admin. You don't exactly come on to him or anything but you present yourself as needy, desperate, and all too grateful and flirtatious for any sort of deal he can cut you for the room. He falls for it of course and knocks the rent back to 1850 per year. We'll assume thats how much Sean paid.

I'm going to, you guessed it, keep reading this damn journal.

The man finds the underground room that your group did about a year after starting his work in the church. He describes it as empty, except for a stone carving of the Sigil (He calls it an 'Odd Sign') and some papers. He describes the room as recently dug but rough, seemingly carved out by hand. There are nail or claw marks in the soil and the hand writing on the papers is crude and shaky. He talks about reading through them, describes them as "Nonsense" and "Blasphemy". Claims that despite this there are some things that make sense in them, namely that whatever this "Pagan spirit" is, it is served by dogs. Which explains the constant presence of the dogs around the church.

"I'm off to visit the bookstore again, see if the owner has made up her mind yet, and maybe pick up a few books too while I'm at it."

Visit the old woman in her new age shop and see if she has any books about medicine and anatomy or occult books concerning the Scholar, also ask her if she's made up her mind yet about joining the cult.
You search the woman's shop but she has very little of interest. You find plenty of meandering combinations of eastern religion and obscure Biblical Apocrypha along with new age crystal nonsense but nothing that unveils any real secrets.

On the positive side however, the woman does say she wants to join, or at least to "Come to a meeting" to learn more.

"Woah, woah!  Keep your hands to yourself, lady!"

Alexis does not get to touch Little Guile with her filthy cultist hands, and she definitely isn't gonna use him to negotiate for less rent.  Guile will instead follow Helen.  Without telling Helen, or letting her know that she's being followed.  It's more stalking, really.  Platonic stalking.

Stake out time! First we need to check out the location. Could I reasonably park there and keep watch? When is the Target most likely to be there? Second we need to check the Target. Do i know where he lives? Does he go to the Target location on foot? Generally need to find out the best way to catch the perp in the act!
SO EXCITING!
I'm thinking I either rent a car and wait for him at the Target location or watch his home and follow him when he leaves.

Spoiler: Helen "The Recorder" (click to show/hide)
The location is a hotel. A hotel that charges by the hour. It's a U shaped kind of building with a parking lot in the center that lets you see the entire front side of the building. However it also has a smaller lot in back and there's a gas station across the street that has its own small lot.  Any of these would probably do for a stakeout though the main lot might be more obvious depending on how observant anyone is.

The information given to you says the target is most likely to be there on Wednesday or Friday, in the evenings. Supposedly this is when he has a bowling league. You have some pictures of the man and a home address, as well as a car license plate number.

You rent yourself an innocuous gray sedan for 100 bucks for a week and go sit outside the target's house. His car is gone; might be at work. And its tuesday.

Meanwhile Guile has crawled into the car's Trunk and is quietly waiting for his chance to act.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 17, 2018, 05:06:25 pm »

Move some of my objects to the university area, like the drafting board, and check my posessions for a typewriter.  If one is found, move it over as well.  Complete setting up some office area by purchasing a lockable file cabinet, some paper, stamps, and envelopes, as well as buying a typewriter if one was not found.  After the orb arrives, put it in the file cabinet along with a drafted image of it's sigil, along with the books it likes.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 05:28:30 am by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 17, 2018, 08:22:42 pm »

*yawn* "Well, now I know how all my fleshy bits are put together. All of them, somehow. Well, it's a start.
I am going to bring the eye to the place we've rented. Should give the Scholar a look at the place."

Put the orb in my bag and bring it to the basement we rented. If nobody's watching, take the orb out and give it a tour of the place.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #186 on: September 17, 2018, 11:14:30 pm »

Get to stalking! Wait for the Target at the gas station. If I don't spot him until the evening, get back to his home and stalk him there.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 18, 2018, 09:07:56 am »

((*Rolls eyes at Guile*. Alexis wants to use a little Guile, not a minuscule Guile. Big difference! :P))

"This is a perfect setup for Our Lord and Educator," Alexis said jokingly. "Now to spruce it up with decor."

Using possessions, Alexis will go home to see if she have any curtains, rugs and other scholarly decor she'd kept during her years as a school teacher. She will also clean up her house and cook her husband's food before getting more money from him.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 18, 2018, 09:16:23 am »

"Do you have any bookcases?  We could use a few of them for research materials and books the orb likes."

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 18, 2018, 09:24:30 am »

"Do you have any bookcases?  We could use a few of them for research materials and books the orb likes."

"I hope so. I'm going home to check."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 18, 2018, 09:40:19 am »

"A being named Canis is served by dogs. I suppose that makes sense."

Keep reading the journal

Hotfire90

« Reply #191 on: September 18, 2018, 02:57:03 pm »

Give her the location of the university basement and tell her to go there tomorrow for a meeting. Go to a nearby library and search for medicine and anatomy books as well as occult books that contain references to the Scholar and his sigil.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 18, 2018, 04:53:49 pm »

Yawn. Roll over. Check the - wait what, that late? Dammit, overslept again. Well, it was a late night. Better hop to it, then.

Go out and buy a decent-sized blackboard and set of coloured chalks ("for my nephew", if anyone asks), then return to the abandoned building and set it up.

Spoiler: note (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alexander Sill (click to show/hide)
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 18, 2018, 11:30:58 pm »

Lance is going to hitch a ride with Alexander and help move/set up the blackboard.

Don't pay for anything though. Lance is a cheap bastard.

Spoiler: Lance Robbins (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 12:04:22 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #194 on: September 19, 2018, 12:24:30 pm »

Move some of my objects to the university area, like the drafting board, and check my posessions for a typewriter.  If one is found, move it over as well.  Complete setting up some office area by purchasing a lockable file cabinet, some paper, stamps, and envelopes, as well as buying a typewriter if one was not found.  After the orb arrives, put it in the file cabinet along with a drafted image of it's sigil, along with the books it likes.

[7]
You move the drafting board, your typewriter, and some other things over to the university room. You buy a file cabinet for 80 bucks, a ream of paper for 5 and some envelopes for 3.  After the Eye arrives you carefully trace out the sigil and place the eye, the sigil and the books the Scholar seems to like in the top drawer of the file cabinet, making sure to lock it.

*yawn* "Well, now I know how all my fleshy bits are put together. All of them, somehow. Well, it's a start.
I am going to bring the eye to the place we've rented. Should give the Scholar a look at the place."

Put the orb in my bag and bring it to the basement we rented. If nobody's watching, take the orb out and give it a tour of the place.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
As you take the Eye around -before it is secured in the file cabinet- you get a tingling sensation. It grows to one of absolute ecstasy before finally receding.

Get to stalking! Wait for the Target at the gas station. If I don't spot him until the evening, get back to his home and stalk him there.

You wait, but do not see him. By the time you return to his home, his car is already there and he is, presumably, inside.

(note you just used up most of the day so....I might ignore a post or two as everyone catches up)

((*Rolls eyes at Guile*. Alexis wants to use a little Guile, not a minuscule Guile. Big difference! :P))

"This is a perfect setup for Our Lord and Educator," Alexis said jokingly. "Now to spruce it up with decor."

Using possessions, Alexis will go home to see if she have any curtains, rugs and other scholarly decor she'd kept during her years as a school teacher. She will also clean up her house and cook her husband's food before getting more money from him.

You return home and fix your husband's meal, carefully extracting 400 dollars from him. That done you begin gathering things under the guise of cleaning but as you do so you get a feeling. A feeling like someone their hand a top your head and digging their fingers into your skull.  You get the feeling that...this is not what the scholar wants for his temple. Rugs and curtains are...easily stained.

"A being named Canis is served by dogs. I suppose that makes sense."

Keep reading the journal

At this point the man starts feeding the dogs on his own. He says he isn't exactly sure why he started but it seems only reasonable, as they keep pests away from the church. He then talks about his increasingly odd dreams along with distinct feelings of Enochlophobia. He has difficulty handling his duties as a preacher and his sleep is often interrupted by dreams  of things being cut, severed, or separated, along with odd views of earth sunken in ice. He says he feels as though the world is disassociating from him; it becomes increasingly unreal.

Yawn. Roll over. Check the - wait what, that late? Dammit, overslept again. Well, it was a late night. Better hop to it, then.

Go out and buy a decent-sized blackboard and set of coloured chalks ("for my nephew", if anyone asks), then return to the abandoned building and set it up.

Spoiler: note (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alexander Sill (click to show/hide)
Lance is going to hitch a ride with Alexander and help move/set up the blackboard.

Don't pay for anything though. Lance is a cheap bastard.

Spoiler: Lance Robbins (click to show/hide)
You spend 120 bucks on one of the classroom style chalkboards, that can be written on both front and back. You set it up at the (Are you sure you want it there and not in the new room under the school?) abandoned building.

Give her the location of the university basement and tell her to go there tomorrow for a meeting. Go to a nearby library and search for medicine and anatomy books as well as occult books that contain references to the Scholar and his sigil.
You let her know the location of the basement and then tell her to show up the next day around sunset.

That done you head over to the library. And search through it. You find plenty of medical and anatomical books, manuals of surgery, toxicology, parasitology, the works. And plenty of occult books, however information on the scholar is thin, mostly what you infer to be references about him connected to Thoth, ancient surgeons, Necromancers, and....a reference to someone called H.H. Holmes.

+1 Favor to all members of the Cult.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 36