Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 36

Author Topic: CULT  (Read 75463 times)

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
Re: CULT
« Reply #150 on: September 06, 2018, 06:09:40 pm »

Alexis peered at the symbol. Based on what she saw in the many-paged doorstopper the group used to pledge themselves to the Scholar In Red in the first place, she deducted that somebody or a group of somebodies pretty much walked down a similar path long ago. Where those people are now is clearly a mystery. Did they disband or are they dead? Alexis really hoped that whatever befell the World Eater's cultists doesn't bring her newfound group down as well. Oh well, one step at a time. Showing the others the rent for the basement in the university should it be true that the Scholar preferred it, Alexis yawned sleepily.

"If anyone wants to discuss this further, perhaps we can discuss this further in the morning. Right now, let's get some shut-eye."

Sleep and possibly have a dream.

Spoiler: Alexis L. Cromwald (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 10:16:35 am by Sir Elventide »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 06, 2018, 06:17:34 pm »

"It's true, but that was the only location described in front of the orb to the Scholar.  If you'd like to describe the other locations, we can judge if the scholar has a preference between them."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 06, 2018, 06:25:38 pm »

((I'd love to respond to that IC, but this way is much easier.))

You fish the orb back out and hold it carefully on the tips of several fingers, shifting it so that the eye is staring directly at you. You begin telling the orb about the various places that the other members have found, and for a while you feel like you're somewhat wasting your time. But then, when you speak of the underground room in the university, a liquid tingle runs through your body like a pleasant electrical shock. You feel that this is a positive reply. 

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 06, 2018, 06:27:53 pm »

"Oh, well, that settles it then.  I must have been out while you did that.  I would add the bit about the church once being a temple to the World Eater, that might change the analysis."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 06, 2018, 11:51:56 pm »

"...You are free to do so, if you wish. I'm going to sleep."

Sleep.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 07, 2018, 12:27:11 am »

Eat dinner, cutting the bird up in the presence of the orb, and then set out rat traps baited with peanut butter.  Describe to the orb how we discovered that the church location was actually a cult of the World Eater, and ask it for a description of the relationship between the two deities.  Should we be hostile to the other cultists?

With that, Sleep.  Tomorrow I think we'll set up the orb in the area at the University.

Spoiler: Sean O'Malley (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #156 on: September 07, 2018, 01:58:09 am »

Helen gives those in the room the sternest, most intimidating look she can. She raises her camera and points at it. She then uses her breath to fog the window and then uses her finger to write "I KNOW" in the moisture, writing right to left and flipping the letters so that they appear the right way to those inside the room.

Try to bullshit my way into the room. If successful, try to become friends with the people in the room and/or try to determine what they're doing.

After I get in the room I don't care if they realize I lied to get in.
If questioned about why I'm bothering them when I get in, say I was looking for someone interesting and they looked interesting.
If asked who I am when I get in, tell them I'll be renting one of the labs for a business I represent and wanted to see who my most fun neighbors were.

Spoiler: Helen "The Recorder" (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 02:04:24 am by Parisbre56 »

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 07, 2018, 08:35:56 am »

Help Dev make dinner

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 07, 2018, 10:26:07 am »

Try to get to my office

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 07, 2018, 10:35:30 am »

"Well lads, this book might be interesting but it's gonna take a while to read all of it. Anything interesting down in that hole?"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 07, 2018, 12:30:28 pm »

"Alexis, I think this calls for a bit of overtime.  You don't see the World Eater's sigil every day, or 'least I hope you don't. WALTON!  We found a shrine to the World Eater!  I'm gonna dismantle it, can't know if it has any power remaining."

Make sure NEVER to step inside that circle.  Then, first thing, ransack the cabinet, being very careful while opening it; once it's empty, pull it over and check behind it.  Then take down the tapestry, tear it in quarters.  Throw the altar to the ground, too.  Finally, poke the ring with a stick, throw some junk into it, and if nothing at all happens, try and break the ring, or at least push it around until it's deformed into an 8 shape or something.  If Alex comes down, ask him to shoot the edge, that way nobody has to touch it with their fingers.

Hotfire90

« Reply #161 on: September 07, 2018, 04:11:34 pm »

Go home and sleep.
Spoiler: Richard Reed (click to show/hide)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 07, 2018, 05:59:57 pm »

Snooooooooooore~ 

Spoiler: Lance Robbins (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 07, 2018, 07:30:57 pm »

"This symbol and its assorted altar has been down here since God knows how long," Alexis said sleepily. "It's likely been abandoned but I digress. We can discuss our options tomorrow seeing that some of the others are going home."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 07, 2018, 09:49:01 pm »

Go to sleep somewhere close to the orb. Try to dream, if I can.

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 36