Looks like he's done and went back home.  NEW DAY STARTING

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: CULT
« Reply #271 on: October 21, 2018, 02:43:33 pm »

((Wait a minute. I set the alarm for early in the morning. And I had a horrible night. I bet I'm not going to enjoy this...))

"Hey Guile. Everything went well last night, I hope? Sorry, I don't have a lot of time right now, I've got to go to work. But I trust you'll be able to take care of things here and inform everyone else of what happened? I can leave you a spare set of keys if you want to go out."

Still, no time to waste! It's time to wake up and face the music.

First of all, I need to inspect myself, see how I've changed.

Second, I need to check to make sure Guile didn't do anything stupid with that guy while I was asleep.

Third, I need to have a big breakfast. Also make breakfast for Guile and the guy I saved last night. Though I don't have time to babysit them, I trust Guile is a good enough guy to take care of that.

Fourth, I need to drive to the target's house to begin my stake out. Try to make a stop to drink lots of coffee if I can squeeze that in.

Spoiler: Helen "The Recorder" (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 21, 2018, 02:46:12 pm »

First thing in the morning is to check my car for damages.  Effing moth.  After that, take a close examination of that moth I took.  Does it look unusual in any way, or is it just one that's common to this area?

Spoiler: Sean O'Malley (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 21, 2018, 05:42:08 pm »

Ailn wakes up in the temple, a little sore from lack of a bed, but still with a strange feeling of comfort.
"Hello, world. It's good to have purpose. The day feels different from all the others I've spent before. I'm healthier than ever, and the sun shines brightly, for I approach a goal I could only dream of before."

Say good morning to the eye!
Head out and catch a seagull via the same method as before, bringing it back to the temple.
First though, bring it to my house and keep it from making a noticeable amount of noise by taping a cotton ball inside its beak. Also grab some strong cording or tape. Also feed it a small amount of strong liquor as a sedative.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 22, 2018, 08:51:28 am »

The appointment! Don't be late and head to the library right now!

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Hotfire90

« Reply #275 on: October 22, 2018, 10:25:51 am »

Study the surgery book again, position the orb near me while I'm learning how to properly remove organs.
Spoiler: Richard Reed (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 22, 2018, 10:32:51 am »

Wake up from the pleasant dream of my time during the Tet Offensive.

Then take a looksie around my house to see if I didn't happen to bring home any books or other materials that have some connection to the Scholar in Red or Occult stuff it might be interested in. Walton vaguely remembers looting at least one of thing like that from either Tojo or Uncle Ho

Spoiler: Walton J. Murphy (click to show/hide)

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 22, 2018, 12:27:53 pm »

Waking from the strange dream, Alexis turned to look at her still sleeping husband and wondered what he thought of her escapades. Either he is unchalant about it so as long as the food is cooked and the house is cleaned or he is getting suspicious of her activities. Oh well, shed cross that bridge when she gets to it. Right now, he will surely be expecting breakfast soon.

Cook breakfast and brew coffee. Also, tidy up a bit.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 22, 2018, 01:05:11 pm »

shed
((In need of an apostrophe there fren))

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 22, 2018, 02:28:21 pm »

Check the outside of the house, and my car - does it look like anyone tried to break in during the night? Then head off to the YMCA for the first aid training.
Spoiler: Alexander Sill (click to show/hide)
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #280 on: October 26, 2018, 01:11:32 pm »

((Wait a minute. I set the alarm for early in the morning. And I had a horrible night. I bet I'm not going to enjoy this...))

"Hey Guile. Everything went well last night, I hope? Sorry, I don't have a lot of time right now, I've got to go to work. But I trust you'll be able to take care of things here and inform everyone else of what happened? I can leave you a spare set of keys if you want to go out."

Still, no time to waste! It's time to wake up and face the music.

First of all, I need to inspect myself, see how I've changed.

Second, I need to check to make sure Guile didn't do anything stupid with that guy while I was asleep.

Third, I need to have a big breakfast. Also make breakfast for Guile and the guy I saved last night. Though I don't have time to babysit them, I trust Guile is a good enough guy to take care of that.

Fourth, I need to drive to the target's house to begin my stake out. Try to make a stop to drink lots of coffee if I can squeeze that in.

Spoiler: Helen "The Recorder" (click to show/hide)

You wake up, feeling very tired and lethargic but you force yourself to get up anyways.  You check yourself over: You look older, not hugely so but maybe 5 years older. There are lines starting to appear in your features and you just don't look quite as youthful as before.  You walk out and find the man tied to the chair, asleep, with some vomit on his chest and on the floor in front of him. Lovely. You clean it up as best you can before you cook breakfast. You make enough for everyone in the house, intruder and all and leave the extra on the counter with a note.

That done you grab your stuff, including the camera that Guile left pointing at the man, and head out. You get several large coffees on the way and put yourself into a caffeine haze before reaching the target.  Then you sit and wait. It will probably be a bit till he shows. His car is still there though.

First thing in the morning is to check my car for damages.  Effing moth.  After that, take a close examination of that moth I took.  Does it look unusual in any way, or is it just one that's common to this area?

Spoiler: Sean O'Malley (click to show/hide)
The moth did damage the car...though not too much. It put dents and holes in the metal where it set its feet and cracked one of the back windows. However, the car seems fine mechanically and there's no sign of damage to the engine or anything like that. You take out the moth you grabbed and look at it. [1] Its green. Uh. You haven't seen one like it before....but you're not a moth watcher or nothing.

The appointment! Don't be late and head to the library right now!

You drive down and reach the place just in time for your appointment. You get ushered into a climate controlled reading room where the book is laid out for you on a cloth. You're given a pair of gloves to handle it with and told various rules to handle it without damaging it. Then they leave you to it, telling you that you have three hours.

Ailn wakes up in the temple, a little sore from lack of a bed, but still with a strange feeling of comfort.
"Hello, world. It's good to have purpose. The day feels different from all the others I've spent before. I'm healthier than ever, and the sun shines brightly, for I approach a goal I could only dream of before."

Say good morning to the eye!
Head out and catch a seagull via the same method as before, bringing it back to the temple.
First though, bring it to my house and keep it from making a noticeable amount of noise by taping a cotton ball inside its beak. Also grab some strong cording or tape. Also feed it a small amount of strong liquor as a sedative.

You head out and use the same method to capture a seagull. That done you carefully take it home and gag it. The gagging isn't the easiest matter, it gets loose in your house and you have to chase it around for a while but you manage to get it done. You soak the cotton in strong booze and then head out to the temple.

By which I assume you mean the underground lab, not the abandoned building.

Study the surgery book again, position the orb near me while I'm learning how to properly remove organs.
As you read the book, you feel a tingling approval across you like a warm, slightly prickly blanket.

Wake up from the pleasant dream of my time during the Tet Offensive.

Then take a looksie around my house to see if I didn't happen to bring home any books or other materials that have some connection to the Scholar in Red or Occult stuff it might be interested in. Walton vaguely remembers looting at least one of thing like that from either Tojo or Uncle Ho

Spoiler: Walton J. Murphy (click to show/hide)

[4] You find  a few books on the occult. However, none of them contain anything really new in terms of information, at least in regards to everything else that has been found already.

Waking from the strange dream, Alexis turned to look at her still sleeping husband and wondered what he thought of her escapades. Either he is unchalant about it so as long as the food is cooked and the house is cleaned or he is getting suspicious of her activities. Oh well, shed cross that bridge when she gets to it. Right now, he will surely be expecting breakfast soon.

Cook breakfast and brew coffee. Also, tidy up a bit.

As you get the house cleaned and breakfast made you hear something on the local news. Apparently a large section of the coast has been badly damaged and flooded by a "Freak wave" and many sink holes have opened up around town.

Check the outside of the house, and my car - does it look like anyone tried to break in during the night? Then head off to the YMCA for the first aid training.
You walk outside and find that your street is a river. Seriously, the entire street in front of your home is a flowing river of water. Luckily your house is higher up than the street but the water has come halfway up your driveway and it looks like it washed your mailbox away. You look around but there's no sign of heavy rain or anything like that...it must be some sort of burst water pipe or something...Several of your neighbors are outside on their porch, looking at the flowing water with the same confusion as you.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 26, 2018, 05:08:05 pm »

Ailn walks into the university basement with a toolbox under her arm. She seems unusually cheerful.
"Hello Richard! I caught a seagull! Do you want to help me take it apart?"

Get set up. Find a nice flat spot with good drainage, and align the eye so that it'll see what I'm doing. Lay out all my surgical tools.

With Richard's help, dissect the seagull. Keep as many organs intact as possible, merely removing them so that they can be examined in detail. Just like the Scholar did in the dream.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 05:14:22 pm by Egan_BW »

Hotfire90

« Reply #282 on: October 27, 2018, 02:59:02 pm »

"Sure, sounds like a fun diversion and it could serve as a practical test too."

Help Ailn in dissecting the seagull.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 27, 2018, 03:52:26 pm »

"What the hell happened here? Hey, did any of you hear anything?"
Discuss situation with neighbours, then go back inside and call the water company, fire department, etc before walking upstream to see if I can find the source of the water.

I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 27, 2018, 08:47:25 pm »

Skip what I feel it's the introduction and start copying in my notebook the rest of the book, as much as possible before I run out of time. I can translate it later.

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 36