Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36

Author Topic: CULT  (Read 73299 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: CULT
« Reply #240 on: October 05, 2018, 10:16:02 am »

"That's... strange.  You feel watched, as well?  Hmm.  Such things shouldn't be ignored, when we're in the service of an alien god."

Check around the house while Helen locks things down, make sure nothing's hiding, and that all doors are closed.  If possible and convenient, place light objects in front of each door, spaced precisely one finger's thickness away from the door.  Overly paranoid method of checking whether they were moved.

Assuming nothing else unusual happens, once Helen's settled down go outside through the least conspicuous entrance (have her lock the door behind Guile), and stealthily do a circuit around the house, searching for whatever might be watching from outside.  Tell Helen to not let Guile back in unless she can visually confirm that it's him.

Punch any monsters found.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 05, 2018, 02:38:22 pm »

Without quite realising why, Alex began reaching for the shotgun he'd left on the passenger seat. Note to self: give that back soon, and pick one up for myself. Head back home cautiously, then get some sleep if it was uneventful.
Spoiler: Alexander Sill (click to show/hide)
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 05, 2018, 04:50:58 pm »

I was thinking of using some of the internal space in our two rooms inside the university.  Probably not actually dissecting people in there, but better to be too prepared than too unprepared.

If I see one, pick up a dead moth and take it with me in the car.  Then drive away from whatever-this-is quickly.  Try to find an alternate route home.  If it gets really bad find a safe place to park the car, such as an open area or underneath a highway overpass or something.  Sleep if I can make it back to safety.

Spoiler: Sean O'Malley (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 08:54:37 pm by Devastator »

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 06, 2018, 03:00:10 pm »

Look around for possible Peeping Tom and then fall asleep

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 07, 2018, 09:34:44 am »

I've been feeling like someone's watching me at night ever since 'Nam, this is nothing new. Go home and sleep.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[/spoiler]

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #245 on: October 07, 2018, 12:33:55 pm »

I've been feeling like someone's watching me at night ever since 'Nam, this is nothing new. Go home and sleep.

[/spoiler]
Time to sleep.

Sleep.
Spoiler: Richard Reed (click to show/hide)
Tomorrow in the morning seems fine.

See if the name "Rudolf Freiherr von Sebottendorff" triggers a response from the orb. Then just sleep nearby and dream.

Ok. Its about a 4-5 hour trip so you're gonna have to leave early and haul ass to get there for a morning appointment.

You say the name to the orb but it offers no obvious response.

Without quite realising why, Alex began reaching for the shotgun he'd left on the passenger seat. Note to self: give that back soon, and pick one up for myself. Head back home cautiously, then get some sleep if it was uneventful.
Spoiler: Alexander Sill (click to show/hide)
You drive home and carry the gun into your home before locking your doors and heading to bed.

Look around for possible Peeping Tom and then fall asleep

You look through your windows; the light of the moon is particularly bright tonight. You search your yard with your eyes but find nothing. You close the windows and lock the doors before heading to bed.

You all dream the same thing, once again.  You dream of being under weight; not a painful or crushing force but something more like a heavy blanket. You feel warm and can see nothing but darkness and dim figments of light; as though you are looking at a fire with your eyes closed. You get the distinct feeling that something is raging outside this soft warmth, cold winds that are kept at bay by whatever is around you. You feel cozy and safe and very tired, as though on the edge of sleep.

Watching people is MY thing. Who dares watch the watcher? Lock the door, secure the windows, turn down the volume on the TV and then spend some time staring outside and listening for strange noises, just in case. If I see anything weird, try to record it.

Spoiler: Helen "The Recorder" (click to show/hide)
"That's... strange.  You feel watched, as well?  Hmm.  Such things shouldn't be ignored, when we're in the service of an alien god."

Check around the house while Helen locks things down, make sure nothing's hiding, and that all doors are closed.  If possible and convenient, place light objects in front of each door, spaced precisely one finger's thickness away from the door.  Overly paranoid method of checking whether they were moved.

Assuming nothing else unusual happens, once Helen's settled down go outside through the least conspicuous entrance (have her lock the door behind Guile), and stealthily do a circuit around the house, searching for whatever might be watching from outside.  Tell Helen to not let Guile back in unless she can visually confirm that it's him.

Punch any monsters found.

Helen moves around the house, locking things down after turning the TV's volume down. Guile moves to the front window and glances around outside. [6] The trees and bushes are moving. It might be the wind...or not. [3] He moves to the back of the house and peaks out through the blinds. He sees something. Only for a moment, only a flash, but he sees the white bottoms of someone's sneakers flash in the moonlight as someone dressed in dark clothing slips back around the corner of the house.

I was thinking of using some of the internal space in our two rooms inside the university.  Probably not actually dissecting people in there, but better to be too prepared than too unprepared.

If I see one, pick up a dead moth and take it with me in the car.  Then drive away from whatever-this-is quickly.  Try to find an alternate route home.  If it gets really bad find a safe place to park the car, such as an open area or underneath a highway overpass or something.  Sleep if I can make it back to safety.

Spoiler: Sean O'Malley (click to show/hide)
Alright then you can probably work it with heavy black out curtains hung from floor to ceiling and set it up in one corner of the room.

You roll down the window and reach out, to grab a moth from the hood. As you do, you lean forward enough that you have to stick your head partially out the window. As you do, you notice something in your peripheral vision. You turn to look at it and come face to face with a moth. The moth is sitting on top of your car, though only barely; is spread legs sit on the edges of the roof and its wings, even folded back as they are, extend a good 10 or more feet behind the car.  The thing is the size of a small plane and you're pretty sure it could just pick your car up and fly off with it.  Sapphire compound eyes the size of hubcaps stare down at you like twin disco balls, a coiled proboscis idly flexing beneath them. The creature itself is a very light green, like seafoam. The motes of glowing material that gathered on your hood seem to have come from its wings. 

It looks at you and you look back. Neither of you move.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 08, 2018, 01:24:02 am »

Yell for Helen to lock the door, then run outside and chase that person down!  If Guile catches them, he'll tackle them to the ground, kneel on their back, and then look around for possible accomplices.  If none are seen, he'll start interrogating the person right there.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 08, 2018, 01:37:17 am »

Okay then, just rest. We can deal with that stuff after I'm well-rested, right?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 08, 2018, 01:40:00 am »

Stop the car if it isn't already stopped.  Grab my camera, and my large-caliber pistol (posessions roll) from the glovebox.  Exit the vehicle and take some pictures of the moth.  Try to learn anything I can from observation, most pressing if it wants something from me or my vehicle.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 03:00:42 am by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 08, 2018, 10:46:09 pm »

Prepare to wake up early for the morning appointment. The last thing I want is to waste this opportunity.

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #250 on: October 08, 2018, 11:53:58 pm »

On the one hand, safety. On the other hand, excitement. Hmm...
"Oh, screw that, I've read enough stories to know what happens when the party splits up!"

After them! Start recording and catch the perv!

« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 07:32:09 am by Parisbre56 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 09, 2018, 08:57:12 am »

Wake up.

Since my research into that church hasn't gotten me much useful, I'm changing tracks. Look around my house a bit, I vaguely recall looting at least one book about occult/cult-y stuff from either Tojo or Uncle Ho. Those might be a good starting point to find something useful or otherwise pleasing to the Scholar.

Spoiler: Walton J. Murphy (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #252 on: October 10, 2018, 12:45:10 pm »

Okay then, just rest. We can deal with that stuff after I'm well-rested, right?

Yes. ZZZZZZZZZZ same dream as above.

Prepare to wake up early for the morning appointment. The last thing I want is to waste this opportunity.

Alright.

Wake up.

Since my research into that church hasn't gotten me much useful, I'm changing tracks. Look around my house a bit, I vaguely recall looting at least one book about occult/cult-y stuff from either Tojo or Uncle Ho. Those might be a good starting point to find something useful or otherwise pleasing to the Scholar.

Spoiler: Walton J. Murphy (click to show/hide)
Give it a sec.

Stop the car if it isn't already stopped.  Grab my camera, and my large-caliber pistol (posessions roll) from the glovebox.  Exit the vehicle and take some pictures of the moth.  Try to learn anything I can from observation, most pressing if it wants something from me or my vehicle.
Maybe you should give me a sheet if you wanna do a roll~

[2] ah, didn't matter anyways it seems. Possessions down to d6

You rummage through your glove compartment and find nothing but the registration for the car and a half finished back of gum.  As you search the moth shifts positions, spinning to put its head closer to your driver side window, and puts one foot down on your hood. You notice that the foot as a double pair of velociraptor like claws on it. The hood squeals a bit as the tips of the claws bite into it.

"Come on, I just had it waxed." You mutter to yourself, leaning away from the open window.

Yell for Helen to lock the door, then run outside and chase that person down!  If Guile catches them, he'll tackle them to the ground, kneel on their back, and then look around for possible accomplices.  If none are seen, he'll start interrogating the person right there.

On the one hand, safety. On the other hand, excitement. Hmm...
"Oh, screw that, I've read enough stories to know what happens when the party splits up!"

After them! Start recording and catch the perv!

[8]
Guile throws the door open and takes off across the freshly watered grass, chasing after the intruder with silent fury. He catches up within an instant and has just enough time to make out the black jacked and dark blue pants before he spears the figure with a tackle that would make an offensive lineman wince. The tackle takes the man down face first into one of the raised concrete planters that encircle the rear of the house. He hits with a sickening crack and then the two of them are rolling. Guile ends up on top and is just about to throw a blow when he notices that his opponent isn't struggling. In fact the man is laying totally slack. 

Helen comes up a moment later, camera on and recording.  The two of them look down at the man together then at each other.

"Uh... Well I got it on film." Helen ventures.

Guile puts a finger beneath the man's nose. The man isn't breathing and his eyes are half open and unfocused.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 10, 2018, 03:38:09 pm »

"That is not a good thing, damn it.  Give me the tape.  Then... go back to your house, call <phone number>.  They'll be able to help.  Not the police, that's roulette."

Well, shit.  Demand Helen give Guile her camcorder's tape, first thing.  If she doesn't comply, well, d12 strength.  Guile's not playing nice with someone who has evidence of him murdering someone.  Edit: If she doesn't comply, he'll stand back as she requested, then when she's distracted, he'll force her to the ground, take her camera, and take the tape out and crush it.  Or smash the camera if that's infeasible.  If this turns into a chase instead, use Favor to level speed to d10.

Then, check the guy over, try and figure out whether he's dead, or just stunned.  If he's alive, roll connections for someone who can treat a severely wounded person and won't ask questions.  Dead, roll for a cleaner.  Tell Helen to call whichever one is rolled for.  Edit: Helen isn't cooperating, so Guile will call himself after he drags the body into the house.  Both bodies, if he ended up killing Helen by accident too.  Edit 2: Actually, no, don't call anyone yet, I'm curious where this is gonna go.  Disposal might end being more natural and easy without calling in favors.

Move the body into the house, and if he's alive, try to keep him that way.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #254 on: October 10, 2018, 05:41:50 pm »

Woah! Gnarly.
"Chillax dude. I'm not a rat. And besides, I'm gonna need the tape for what comes next. Now hold him down and check his wallet while I save him, will ya?"

Keep recording.

Ask the Scholar to give me the power or knowledge to revive this man. Or something like that. I'm not sure how this favor thing works. Do what would be best with it to achieve the objective of undeadening the man.

If that doesn't work, then... run away, I guess.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36